All Comments on 'He Was One Hell of a Salesman'

by Ephesus14

Sort by:
  • 86 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 2 years ago

Glad to read your new story!

5

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 2 years ago

Great story but you made Lauren to be a fucking dumbass cunt.

Bebop3Bebop3over 2 years ago

Always a pleasure to read your stories.

Lector77Lector77over 2 years ago

Well told story.

Thank you.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Average tale

Worth 3/5

demanderdemanderover 2 years ago

Good story. He was way better off without her. D

Omart57Omart57over 2 years ago

Very good story, Eph! You always write the best stuff!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Jesus, Ephesus14, do you know how to write anything other than 5's? Yet another fine winding tale where the MMC comes up roses with a good woman, after suffering through one not so good. So glad he didn't get back with Lauren, though I'll admit to wondering if, when Krystal and Mark were having their troubles, Krystal might become a possibility. All in all, think it's much better that he found someone fresh and new. Got to wonder if Lauren is up to her old tricks up in Wyoming. Pity the fool.

kelchakelchaover 2 years ago

Good story. Everyone ended up reasonably happy.

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 2 years ago

Very nice story. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Glad to see you're back Pretty good story, can't believe Lauren would be so weak.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 2 years ago

I prefer sinners like Lauren to the saints - literarily speaking that is - It’s more interesting to watch someone stumble and fall, and have to lift themselves out of the muck. I also enjoy the relatability of your ‘slice of life’ plot lines - the meandering unpredictable trajectory of Jackson’s story.

.

Your words are always a treat to read. Hope you get a chance to repost some of the old stories. Thanks very much.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 2 years ago

Story does not hold well. Lauren can be talked into anything except being faithful?

But then she is divorced and no one can talk her into a relationship until she suddenly is in Wyoming?

Finding an MD for a wife and living happily ever after is just too much of a fairy tale.

TonyspencerTonyspencerover 2 years ago

Good story about sti-id some people can be. At least Lauren ended up happy and orange truck man got his comeuppance.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 2 years ago

Glad he didn't give in and go back to her. He would never be able to trust her. If she truly changed then she could start over in Wyoming. Happy endings all around.

JayDiverJayDiverover 2 years ago

Thanks, I liked reading your story. There are salesman in this world like this guy. Because there will always be weak willed Eskimos who will buy ice. But… There will always be karma to step in, and that's sad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Enjoyed the story! Thanks for the read.

Lauren is an example of women that self-sabotage relationships. She was a plate spinner stringing along multiple guys at a time while lying to all of them and offering the illusion that she was being exclusive with each of they. Lying to men was ingrained in her DNA and was just something she naturally did without thought or consequence, She never examined WHY all her previous relationships failed and just kept making the same mistake over and over again. In the end she ends up marrying again as she realizes times running out on her biological clock if she wants to have any children of her. One wonders how well she chose being under the gun so to speak. Something tells me this marriage wont last either. Men love idealistically while women love opportunistically. Somewhere down the line once she raised her children she'll divorce the second husband and take him for everything she can get and then some.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A good tale of a woman who wanted her cake and eat it too. Only hubby wasn't going to take it. Not sure why they ever married.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

Good story with a nice ending. When I read stories about wives who cheat with someone they don't love, and I read the excuse that he wore her down, I think, "Why wasn't she offended that he would hit on her thinking she would cheat? Wouldn't a woman of character and pride throw her coffee in his face just for trying?" I see immaturity in a character like her. Good job.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

Great story - believable from start to finish. As always, the narrative flowed and the character development sucked us in. Miss seeing your stories here more often! 5*

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

A sadly sweet tale, realistic and well-written.

.

On a side note, many ethnomusicologists who've studied Zydeco say that much of that music's evolution came out of the great migration of people displaced by the Mississippi River flooding of 1922, which sent many residents westward. Many of them settled in NE Houston in an area that became known as Frenchtown because of the creole influx (no, Katrina was not the first Louisiana diaspora). In that tight, insular community, traditional creole and Cajun music fused with local and regional music - folk and blues, mainly - and made its way back into Louisiana. You can still hear some of the best Zydeco in the world in Houston and southeast Texas.

.

I love the Cajun and Arcadian flavor of your stories. "Prit' damn goo' cha'!" 5+++/5!!

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 2 years ago

Enjoyed your story..

Great to see a story set in LC.. Many won't know what that means...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

There's nothing likable about ANYONE in this story. One star.

GarySmith69GarySmith69over 2 years ago

Nice story it was good to see the ex husband not going back to Lauren and finding love and being happy. Krystal and Mark? Well i hope they make it.

FireFox59FireFox59over 2 years ago

Good story but he knew what he was getting when he married Lauren and she proved she was still a liar and easy at that. Would have enjoyed knowing more about Mark and Krystal falling out and getting back together. You just kind of teased us with that.

BillandKateBillandKateover 2 years ago

Good story without an over-the-top burning of the cheating spouse. Just leave and get back to living your life. 5 stars for a trip to bayou country.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story with a perfect ending. LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story. Welcome back. Is there anyway to get your other work back? You’ve written some of my favorites.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 2 years ago

Thank you for the story. Well written. I've known women like her. Sadly, in my misspent youth, I was that fast talking arsehole who enjoyed chatting women into bed, whether they were single, married or otherwise. The married ones were always considered the better "conquest". Luckily I did change my ways and always regret those early things I did.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

At first I thought I was going to like this story. Maybe I expect more than a story built on a LOT of coincidences, and this one had them in spades. To the point that it actually ruined the story.

How convenient he gets a ride from someone whos son has his wifes picture on his visor. How convenient he over hears someone explain what he did to Lauren like a bad Bond Villain does, coming just short of details of positions and number of orgasms.

Then Krystal finally comes to see Mark just moments after he leaves for a new job (yes he came right back but thats besides the point)

Now lets throw in the typical stupid LW wife known as Krystal...this gem, over used, which is odd because in this instance its use was totally stupid .............

"I don't care. She made a mistake and he should forgive her."

"Would you forgive me, if I cheated?"

"Absolutely not."

"Then why are you insisting Jackson forgive Lauren?"

And Lauren gaining weight, looking like hell etc etc etc.

Nothing new here just the usual tropes. But I honestly did think it was going to be good, until it wasn't

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

While it's not good that she lied about Thursday dinner (though there was no reason for her to do that) but they haven't even had their first date, so they're not exactly exclusive.

\

"She made no excuses other than she fell for his bullshit." - What kind of bullshit could he have to get her to cheat?

\

Minor point - maybe I'm missing something, but the only "Aida" know is an opera, not a play.

\

After their relationship was almost over before it began because of her lying, how the fuck could she even dream of surviving cheating.

\

Krystal was lucky she got her head out of her ass. Wanting Jackson to take Lauren back while admitting that she wouldn't take Mark back under similar circumstances. Married women have to be wary of supporting cheaters, even if they're best friends, even if her husband ISN'T friends with the other husband, and ESPECIALLY if he is!

\

Seemed a little odd Lauren being married "off camera" as it were.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Slow learner but he got there.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 2 years ago

That was ok but seemed very emotionless.

PowersworderPowersworderover 2 years ago

A good story, well done!

You've been doing a great job of breaking away from your old formula. I find it much harder to predict which way you're going to take things now. 5*

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

Very well told story. I really liked the way you designed your protagonist. Clear values and norms. This is how life should always be. 5*!

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 2 years ago

Nice.

This is not the first story

where a writer tells us

why our guy shouldn't date a woman.

And then lets him marry her.

I wonder why ...

Still, except for making the MC an idiot in the start,

this story turned into an interesting and enjoyable read.

With lots of turns and twists.

4 out of 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It was OK. Kind of Martian Slut Ray though. Reminds me of the joke: "Hey bitch, wanna fuck?" "Not usually, but I will for you, you smooth talking bastard!" Lauren was border line a sociopath. It was like she had no self esteem, self respect, or conscience. God, she was fucking the guy for weeks, a fucking redneck asshole? Yeah, the Martians must have hit her with a magnum dose. Then what was with Krystal becoming the cheating whore's champion? You know, on more thought, this was not OK, it was kind of weak and awkward. This woman worked in a law office, should have been regaled with hundreds of stories of stupid people fucking up their lives, and she just walks off the plank into Slutsville. If he hadn't of caught her I guess she'd still be fucking the asshole. Sorry, but unbelievable. Thanks for the effort.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

Nice one Ephesus14.

I think it is been a while now, year probably that I have read a story from this very good writer.

But thanks for sharing this one. Glad I caught this one while browsing stories weeks before.

/

Lauren is one hopeless submissive. She can't help or stop her cheating. Living with a spouse like Lauren is probably living in heartache city.

ibuguseribuguserover 2 years ago

What mattenw said.

DFWBeastDFWBeastover 2 years ago

So glad to see more of your work! Very nice read. Look forward to seeing more (even reposts of your older work).

Killian

BBeinhartBBeinhartover 2 years ago

Another good one, Ephesus14! Are you planning to repost some of your old vanished stories? I, for one, miss them ☝🏻

MeredithXMeredithXover 2 years ago

I wanted to like this story, and it pulled me in at first, but in the end it left me kinda flat. As someone else pointed out already, it was another example of the inexplicable Martian Slut Ray.

.

So we're to believe that Lauren (married, college educated and from a well-to-do family), is gonna fall under the spell of this guy? ...

.

"I seed her and her daddy around here once or twice, but they don't recognize me. I fuckin' laugh my ass off when I see 'em. All high and mighty and I fucked her."

.

He sounded like one of the mountain men from "Deliverance." I was waiting for the banjo pickin' to start up. No matter, from what we're told, Lauren didn't have any history of screwing around (she was a white liar, maybe), yet it didn't take her long to fall for the not-so-smooth-talking Tow Truck Guy. (But just for him, not for anyone else. Yeah, that made a lotta sense.)

.

MEANWHILE ... I thought the author might have planted a seed with the intro, where he had established that Krystal *did* in fact have a history as both a liar and a cheater. I thought that might come full circle later. Nope. Lost opportunity for that plot device.

.

Finally, Judy turned out to be Jackson's saving grace, but we learned almost nothing about her other than she is (apparently) pretty good at golf. She showed up at the end, and we made no emotional connection to her at all.

.

I knew how to pronounce "Hebert"/"A-bear," by the way.

.

Meh. Three stars. ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

tralan69ertralan69erover 2 years ago

@sbrooks,

your comments are just as though you didn't even read the story.

MaverickXMaverickXover 2 years ago

Can't go more than 3. All of the characters just seemed overly Pompous at times, and I know (for some reason) people hate on longer stories on here and will use that as a negative score(It's dumb, if I like a story I want as much of it as possible) but this could easily have had 2 more pages at least. The amount of time jumps just killed it. As it stands the characters, Story and ending were just...emotionless and flat. I'm not against an occasional time jump here and there because it's needed to tighten things up a bit sometimes, but this whole story was just multiple time jumps that got bigger and bigger with 0 character development. The MC was way too passive right out of the gate. He witnessed both of the women cheating and doing suspect stuff and decided to not even mention it to people. On that topic, he should have had a very serious conversation with his friend after Krystal started backing the cheater. He absolutely should have told him that he physically watched her cheat before and was told not to tell her current boyfriend. He should have told him that he watched her cheat and ask him to keep it a secret which in turn makes his friend question if she KNEW Lauren was cheating. Which THEN opens up a whole new mess about Krystal not being able to be trusted because if she knew, that means she supported it and has untrustworthy history which should have lead to some interesting dialogue you could have used to make the story feel some sort of emotion. Unless you're hoping everyone that reads ASSUMES that they had that conversation during one of the endless time jumps where we got 0 information about anything ever.

Dubby49Dubby49over 2 years ago

How did Lauren Richard pronounced "Ree-shard" have parents named John and Colleen Wilson

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Damn man, how the hell did I miss seeing this for 9 days! I miss having your old catalog of tales to fill idle time. Thank you E14, its great having you back. 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

FD45FD45over 2 years ago

First I enjoyed it.

Second, the Krystal marriage felt real. These things blow up like that, though usually women will offer a tacit apology but continue after he comes back home.

But Pet Peeve: ‘He shook his head’ = NO

‘He NODDED his head’ = YES!

FD45FD45over 2 years ago

Miss your story list

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

If all your stories were as good as the three you've posted I wish they were still here. If the relationship with Judy was a little more fleshed out this could be in the romance section. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

3 pages of sexless, mindless dripple. Some people come to this sex story site to read sex stories. Mind blowing I know. But pretty much all we get on here now are stories like this. Or worse, stories that are so poorly written you can't even follow along. I really wish they would make a new category for these stories and get LW back to where it use to be. Good ol dirty nasty sex stories. One star, half if I could.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Went out with a whimper, not a bang,

Regguy69Regguy69over 2 years ago

Liked it. A man of principles. Why put up with a lying, cheating, weak willed, immature girl? It’s obvious she had huge self esteem problems that allowed her to be talked into anything. A least he found a good match and had a good life.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

Nice story, dumb shit for marrying Lauren after the short history he went thru with her. But that's how the story was written which was well. To the complainer about no sex in this story, don't read it there are plenty of erotic stories here in other categories. Live with it! The stories are free and written by some very talented writers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Simple and the way things should be. Marriage another writer said is based on three principles...just like a milking stool. When one principle falls the marriage is so unstable it fails. Trust is the most important part. TC ireland

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A good story that I enjoyed very much. I read 1 anon comment tat all he wanted with these tales are "Good ol nasty sex stories" He also said this was a poorly written story. Which I'm certain that most readers will disagree with him on. Please author find a way to get the rest of your stories reposted. LP

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 2 years ago

its funny, she cheats its a moment of weakness...........he cheats and there's no forgiveness

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This MC wasn't the sharpest blade in the drawer.

It just shows that, for a guy, any thinking that occurs happens wherever most of his blood is at any given time.

I recall the saying that God created a man with both a brain and a penis, but only enough blood to operate one at a time.

God obviously has a sense of humor, but He also knew what He was doing .... without this innate male weakness (man recovering his senses only after it's too late), homo sapiens would have been extinct long ago!

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesalmost 2 years ago

Enjoyed the story.

Thanks for your writing.

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

"Of course there is that one woman in Boston whose ass and tits would put any of our southern girls to shame"

I am dying lol. Such a lovely man.

Pinto931Pinto93112 months ago

Story just ran out of steam and petered out.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Haven't seen any comments on this aspect. Main character dating a doctor and overhears his nemesis bragging that he was going to have sex with a doctor and her sister too. The doctor MC was dating also had a sister who nemesis was going to fuck also. i think the author had to have included this on purpose because it is too much of a coincidence otherwise. I am surprised this was never brought up in the story again. MC must be dumb not to have caught that.

anon.1

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Nothing in this story 2 get excited about. I gave up beginning pg 3- just got tired of reading general nonsense. 2 stars. Bob

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Emotionally flat and tonally off. Lauren was like a programmable robot that couldn't make her own decisions. Krystal almost blew up her marriage with Mark because she kept trying to intercede on Lauren's behalf. And what is with some of the commenters blaming the MC for cheating? There is no evidence of that. If you want to blame, blame him for trusting Lauren after all the early bs before they started dating.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief11 months ago

Had to laugh about living South of I-10, which I do. Thought Jackson was a reasonable man when he forgave Laurn the first time when she lied to him, but there isn't any excuse for letting herself be talked into cheating on him latter. Maybe she learned a lesson, or maybe not. Enjoyed reading the story.

WillowghbyWillowghby9 months ago
Nice

...well written story. The other commenters have nitpicked all the boo-boos that hit me as odd. Glad the MC stood up for trust as a cornerstone of marriage.

.

Hard to believe that "orange truck man" with nearly unintelligible language ("seed her?") convinced Lauren to cheat - she was "talked into it?" A rational, faithful woman would enjoy the compliments until being grossly insulted by a request to cheat. Such compliments would not override the fact that the Lothario thinks she is a slut.

.

Keep 'em comin'!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Apparently Lauren wad a programmable automaton. A big part of marriage is having a spouse that will have your back and work with you and face together with you the challenges and struggles that life presents. Clearly Lauren was not possible to do such a thing. She isn't a narcissist or even self centered. More like she is just unbelievably naive and has no self esteem with warped view of fidelity. Almost as if she was an unfinished person or a teenager that never grew up. Glad Mark and Krystal made it work. Given her history and close friendship with Lauren seemed doubtful. People sat and do stupid stuff to help close friends. However it wasn't like she was co ering for Lauren or hiding the brief affair from the MC. Clearly Mark would have gotten hyper pissed about that. If anything they were arguing about hypothetical. As an aside, one commenter implied that the MC (or maybe Mark?) cheated. Huh? Did they read rhe same story. Neither of them chested remotely once. I like his burn on the asshoke by setting it up so his parole got revoked. Good stuff. Sadly Lauren seemed like she has serious issues.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x8 months ago

"She's going out with her girlfriends for a girls night out." - He should have told Tom about her prior "GNO!"

\

"Show a picture like that to my father." - He shouldn't have been able to take a picture like that!

\

"I could almost understand it if they were in love, but they weren't. He wanted pussy and she gave it to him for no other reason than he talked her into it." - Yes! So many times they say, "It was just sex," as if that makes it better, but it actually makes it worse.

\

"I just heard him telling Bruce that he was sentenced for two years, but was out in 18 months." - He was sentenced to three years: "I got three years for assault, but was out in 18 months."

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

You do that so well. 🤙🏿

HighBrowHighBrow8 months ago

I changed to five stars on my second reading. Love the mood, style and characters. Their actions are all human and consistent and understandable, even the cheater’s behavior and lack of explanation make sense. Great job!

knoxhardknoxhard8 months ago

Lauren's propensity to cheat is laid out early. First, her best friend is the cheating Krystal. Second, she's fooling around behind the back of the coach. She lies to him before she lies to our MC. When we eventually find out she's screwing the "salesman", no one is surprised.

Questions raised -- why didn't he tell Mark that Krystal has a history of cheating? When Lauren says (through Krystal) she'd never cheated before, does anyone believe her? Especially given her lack of remorse, her expectation she'd be forgiven, and Krystal's expectation of he'd forgive her. These two women aren't strong in the moral character category.

Her behavior throughout the story, in conjunction with Krystal's, just screams out that she was a serial cheater since she was young, and that Krystal was just like her.

The method of finding out was certainly original. Not very believable, but A for originality.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft8 months ago

I enjoyed the regional flavor. The story arc kept me reading to the end.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Writer is a good story teller, but in this case I can't understand why Jackson would marry Lauren when she cheated on her long term boyfriend while dating him. That should have told him what kind of person she was. Any rate it merits 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I just realized that you write about things that real people do albeit in the extreme. Only the extreme is interesting, not the mundane. But what you write about really happens in the real world, not the unreasonable revenge mayhem so often described in stories on this site.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Lauren had a nasty mental disorder where she coukd be talked into anything. Wonder if there was some sort of trauma or root cause. Surprised the MC ended up marrying her after all thr chicanery and lies in the beginning. Nice how the asshole got tricked into violating his parole. While it seems like Lauren really belie4vd that she loved Jackson, she was cheating within 2 years of her vows. Realistic to see Mark and Krystal squabble, fight, eventually say some nasty (off page) things, and then their stubbornness and pride set in. By the time Krystal wanted to make amends, Mark had moved to Houston. Glad they patched it up. In those nasty long term grudge matches, sometimes it is easy to forget how it even got started, because it escalates so fats then ferments and corrodes trust. Important for one of them regardless of who is at fault to apologize. Then often the dam can unlock.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19696 months ago

the story was ok but the last line was fantastic. :)

Happily_Married87Happily_Married875 months ago

Great story! I really enjoyed it!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

If a woman makes excuses for another woman’s adultery, then she will cheat, too!

ZK

J6480J64805 months ago

Good tale, enjoyed the read and some other commenters need to remember its fiction not prediction

willyk1212willyk12125 months ago

i really injoyed this thanks

Geezer83Geezer834 months ago

1. Yeah, you got your five

2. Didn't buy Mark and wife problem.

3. Once again I wish more people had your intelligence and sensitivity.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Thank you E14, enjoyed the tale. 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

26thNC26thNCabout 2 months ago

Nice guy, glad he found the right woman. Lauren was the typical cheating idiot. No reason, she just did it and got caught. Great story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userEphesus14@Ephesus14
Just recently returned to Lit. after my name and stories disappeared. Several readers have copies of my stories and I am working on getting them re-posted. I am a Retired Army Vet who enjoys writing, wine, theatre and travel; especially cruising. Some of the people I've met h...