All Comments on 'Head Above Water Pt. 05'

by norafares

Sort by:
  • 122 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Love the story. Absolutely the best. Thank you for completing it.

I have a question.... is Renascence completed? Cause it is fine but I would really like an ending with Grace and Gabe having a future together just like in this story. Also you could also show that Grace mended her relationship with her father.

Every single story makes me cry. You make us feel. We are reborn each time a new chapter is posted which shows us the emotions of people and real life

Never stop writing. Please.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Ok, this one caught me off guard. Awesome surprise though :)

First things first: Thank you for carefully planning, writing, and publishing this story! I know I've left a few comments on earlier parts, but this is worth repeating: It's incredibly well written and the chemistriy of Celie and Wes made me laugh out loud more than a few times.

As for this final installment: It's also really, really good, obviously. The things I didn't like I don't think I can turn into constructive critisism - it's all personal preference after all - but wanted to mention anyway. I'm personally a big fan of open endings and find it ... not sure, limiting?, when we get the usual "married, happily ever after and great professional success" trifecta (usually "married, children, great professional success", but the child was an important part of your story from part 1 onwards and so I enjoyed that). The second thing is probably my fault because it's been a while since I read the earlier parts and I didn't have the patience to reread them before the finale. That being said, her not telling him anything, him not even suspecting the pregnancy and her friends just going along with it seemed slightly out of character, and her fall, while very dramatic, did make me go "ok, there's a lot of things going wrong at once right now". I know, life do be like that sometimes, but still: I found it hard to appreciate the dread you were going for in each individual moment because there was always something just around the corner to top it. And that in turn reminded me that we were now narratively doing the usual thing: As difficult a crisis as possible, then the turning point. Which made me feel a little more distance to their suffering than I would have liked.

Could have said that more concisely, probably, but anyway. Again, thank you so much for the story, and I can't wait to see what you're up to next :)

steeltiger01steeltiger01about 3 years ago

Nora, this is such a beautiful, hopeful, gift of a story. Celine would be appalled at the sentimentality and naked emotion, but this is fantastic.

Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

chastenchastenabout 3 years ago

Hot, fire, flames ... as my daughter would say. Good story!

dwoelfledwoelfleabout 3 years ago

Awesome. Loved this story and all the ups and downs.

OneAuthorOneAuthorabout 3 years ago

I don't think there are words that would do justice to how fantastic this story is. 5 trillion stars is not enough.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Fan-freakin'-tastic!! I loved the journey.

Great work Miss Nora!

Sc8

Bebop3Bebop3about 3 years ago

A wonderful ending to a fantastic story.

RABSTARABSTAabout 3 years ago

I'm glad you finished it! Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Just - incredible. Beautiful. Astounding. I have no adequate words. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. Any updates on renascence? If renascence is completed, I can finally be at peace.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Loved the story and the characters. This is an excellent romance. Thank you for sharing it with us.

MsCherylTerraMsCherylTerraabout 3 years ago

A beautiful, wonderful, lovely masterpiece. Love it! <3

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Gave this a 5 because it doesn’t allow 11s like Spinal Taps amps...it is that good.

isrhavokisrhavokabout 3 years ago

Wow. just...wow

Thank you!

Bammerman76Bammerman76about 3 years ago

So happy to read the final chapter of this series. Once again I got hit right in the feels. Looking forward to whatever is next from you.

tangledweedtangledweedabout 3 years ago

norafares can move the hell out of you, can't she?

Is it allergy season already?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Loved the story! You capture the Angst so well! Even though I'm not cursed with that kind of Angst, I know someone who is and you've captured it well. One can only be there for them when it strikes and keep showing the positive and good in the world.

My thanks as well

WTFOWTFOabout 3 years ago

Fantastic story from start to finish. Thank you for sharing your talent with us. Five stars!

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 3 years ago

I loved it! from beginning to end.

Thank you/ merci/ gracias to the author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Loved the series, found this final one a bit contrived to pull hearstrings. Why she didn't tell him, the fall, the resolution. Why she could not follow him to Maryland in the first place... etc. After a slowly paced story, maybe too slow in places, the ending felt... rushed and too predictable. Still, a great series with interesting characters. I am sure others will love it. Also: the "you must see an ultrasound" thing also seemed cruel on her friend's part, it reminded me of too many state legislatures trying to force this. Overshadowed the whole thing. Even if Addie meant well and it had a good resolution, that felt like a slap in the face. Finally, I kept thinkin that if she knows birth control might have failed, what about Fetal Alcohol Syndrome? 1st tim was meningitis, but... well, at least she did not keep drinking, presumably...Again, great series.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Liked it, loved it. Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I just discovered this the day you posted. Had to reread it all because, truthfully, I hadn’t expected past part 2 when I first discovered this series. I am so glad you finished it despite the fact that I’m currently crying! A perfect story, and having lived my entire 30 years in OC (a mile from the block) it was even more surreal to recognize all the places (and the tie ins with the other story, in my bones?)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This story was wonderful, the dialogue and playfulness between the characters was very enjoyable. Please, more like this !

2oothfairy2oothfairyabout 3 years ago

Amazing, the best romance story I’ve read on Lit

PickFictionPickFictionabout 3 years ago

Masterful and wonderful, as expected. I was nearly as emotional, reading, as the characters were. Thanks for sharing.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterabout 3 years ago
Wow.

Powerful, touching, makes my eyes leak. Wow.

technofrog2002technofrog2002about 3 years ago

I sincerely loved it

You’re one the most talented writers I’ve read. The characters are so real you can’t help but empathize with them. You can’t feel their pain and their joy. Thank you so much for what you do.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago

Scares me I enjoyed this. Must be getting old. Abortion depiction was powerful.

If wives came across with that much sex, there would be a lot fewer divorces. That would be possible. Even easy. Opposite of Nancy. Just say yes. I don’t know a man who could be that romantic. Certainly not for that long.

Sherry1010Sherry1010about 3 years ago

The best story I've read here so far. I mean this was beautiful and you should get published or something i mean you have serious skills. It was so gripping i was crying and honestly had to stop and console myself cause i dont have a Wes by my side. Anyway keep up the good work and thank you for brightening my day💛

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Damn, they just keep getting better!

Ravey19Ravey19about 3 years ago

The elephant in the room may well have been telegraphed at the end of the last chapter but so what, it hasn't spoiled this chapter at all. The writing is still as impressive as before but this time Celine's emotions boiled over and so well recorded. So pleased that you finished it and gave us this amazing story. 5 stars. Thank you.

Burcham8Burcham8about 3 years ago

Simply beautiful. In fact, maybe perfect!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Brilliantly written. Thank you

Sunset154Sunset154about 3 years ago

Great story. Thanks 5 ⭐️

Smm1Smm1about 3 years ago

What a lovely lovely story and so well written. Your best so far. It’s not often you find yourself completely entrenched in a story, as though you’re the third person watching it evolve in front of you.

Rockh1Rockh1about 3 years ago

Wonderful! I didn’t read it; I lived it! I feel like I know those people. So good. *****+

Phoenix50Phoenix50almost 3 years ago

We in This story tugged at the heart of this old man. In my 70 years I have seen people have the problems. You nailed foster care. Thanks for this moving story..

dbrok1dbrok1almost 3 years ago

Excellent. Thank you!

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 3 years ago

Interesting how both went from not wanting any to on their way to having 2. Charlotte kind of fits her, but not her Hispanic heritage (I'd forgotten about Rita being Hispanic, from ch 4). I did some research and "Bean" would have been far more appropriately named either "Felicidad" or especially "Rocío (would have been the best choice, as it would include both the 'fire' and 'water' of the girl's nature and personality)."

It may surprise you, but I do have a bone to pick with this final installment, as I cannot be 100% sure of the excessive self-doubt and isolation Celine "experienced." I can understand that she was dead-set against a child because the inherent possibility of treating it similarly as she was treated, even if that weren't the intention; I get the "feeling" that since Wes didn't want children (because of his father) that he might have (albeit remotely) reacted aversely to the pregnancy (in her mind only, though). I certainly comprehend her fear and thinking she might have to go it alone for him to have his dream. HOWEVER, that said, the structure of the story and their relationship supported full and open communication they'd established (this point was fully supported by her disclosing her rape by a foster 'father,' something she hadn't even told Rita nor Addie)--something Wes nearly fully ingrained in Celine's head--to say nothing of how he always managed to get her deepest secrets out of her. So for her to suddenly decide it was time to "shut up and go it alone" was out of left field and incongruous with the story development to this point: the story dictated the logical placement for this level of uncertainty to be either in ch 2 or 3 at the latest. It also smacks of the excessive "forced suffering" unnaturally imposed by soap operas (both Mexican and American) on characters since about 1998-present, a phenomenon that exists, although one that has never been reasonably explained as either a plot device or as even a "necessity" to further the story in any meaningful way.

That said, I still enjoyed this final installment--especially with her facing her greatest fear by heading out in the waves--no longer afraid of the water nor of drowning, which also symbolizes her own baptism into a completely new chapter of her life. That also includes Wes's forgiveness of her very selfish decision...in addition to him still being the same witty, quipping 'nerd' she first met over avocados and coffee. It was very touching how you pictured her internal struggle to acceptance of the new life inside her, and how that led to her telling the doctor to stop the abortion.

One more thing: a perfect song (in my opinion) for this story (for chs 4-5) would have certainly been Starship's "Healing Waters."

While I am hoping you'll consider the input I left, you don't have to worry about the score: still a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

pretty fucking good...

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 3 years ago

Congratulations on the award. Well deserved and a LONG time coming, as I was rooting for you to win another far earlier than now. At least your efforts are finally recognized "officially." :)

BigpickleBigpicklealmost 3 years ago

It was fantastic , It hit the bottom of my soul and then shot me like a rocket into the clouds. Thank you for it. It in some ways mirrored my life with my wife and daughter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Excellent story - well rounded characters.

I really got to know them and wanted then to succeed in every way... Well done. Well deserved award!

Babydoll59Babydoll59almost 3 years ago

I thought it was outstanding. I did not expected to be pulled into the story line so quickly. I felt every emotion - joy to grief. Thanks for letting it rest so beautifully. Now I need to read parts 1-4!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A true story with a story line ! It has sex but the story is about people and there lives. It was wonderful I would not have expected a story like this on a sex site. It was a pleasure to read .I hope you write many more !!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Nailed it

You are a wonderful writer, thank you

KS

TheFirebirdTheFirebirdalmost 3 years ago

A well crafted story. You have the capability to get into your character's heads, which is pleasing.

kdlucaskdlucasalmost 3 years ago

Love, love, love. I needed this cry to start my day. Thank you. (P.S. I love the wolf story.)

Starryeyes_77Starryeyes_77almost 3 years ago

OMG!!! I just finished this story…it’s 4am and now I’m bawling! Great characters, great story, and I’m so happy for Celine and Wes!!

Aussie1951Aussie1951almost 3 years ago

For nearly twenty years now I’ve been reading stories on this site and this would have to be one of the best if not the best Romance story by far. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️. Well done and I’m looking forward to reading many more of your stories…

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

HOLY SHIT. I bawled my eyes out. Impeccable quality writing and storytelling, along with lovely erotica. Thank you love, I thoroughly enjoyed this. <3

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story. Good character development.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I used to work in a call center. You nailed it. You either worked in one or do impeccable research. I like your work. I write, and you inspire me to push through my limits.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The way I wept! I've never left a comment on this site before but you are a brilliant writer! Do you have a Patreon?

Tonyusmc3051Tonyusmc3051over 2 years ago

Nora if you ever make me almost cry again (lol), I will never read one of your stories all in one day ever again. Your oil and water analogy was FANTASTIC dear, yep I am borrowing it. Nora if you start publishing can you send me an email please dear with the titles?

TalkSexyToMe2029TalkSexyToMe2029over 2 years ago

Thank you. That's all I got for ya. We need more #healing stories like this one in this world.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thanks for making such beautiful stories. I'm pretty sure I've cried during each one. You're an awesome writer :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Write a book. Please dear God write a book, I'll buy 10 copies. Not even of this story, it's just that your writing is so imersive and I love it that much!

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 2 years ago

This is my second read of this

series and it touched me even

more than the first.

Nora, once more, merci for the

time and effort you put in these

gems of yours.

A fan.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm not going to lie I cried yall, this was amazing. So so sweet, one of the best chemistries and writing I've seen in a while.

e5jerseye5jerseyover 2 years ago

This whole story was incredible! I couldn’t stop reading it and loved every aspect of it. 5 stars does not even begin to do it justice. So, so, so we’ll done!

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

Somehow you’ve dragged me through most of the human emotions in this one story arc @Norafares, it was like watching a dried, desiccated, bitter piece of fruit, become rehydrated, sweet and fragrant and become what it always should have been. The transformation of the Dragon Lady was utterly bewitching, but the writing, grammar and punctuation did not detract one iota from the story, rather, they allowed it to shine as it was meant to. Thank you and your collaborators for a great story, and thank you for posting, cheers, Ppfzz.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 2 years ago

Like great sex.....SO GOOD.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Lovely

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I've not commented here before but I had to for this one. I should've been asleep hours ago, work tomorrow, or rather later today, will be rough! This was beautiful, thank you. I can't wait to read more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I don't have the words to praise this enough. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. Gold!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You are a hell of a writer, Nora. I enjoyed this story very much.

gnomelandergnomelanderover 2 years ago

Brilliant, moving; I haven't shed as many tears for a long time. Only slightly marred by the 'happy ever-after' ending, seemingly an essential part of an American story. Is it a federal law?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I’m crying with joy. This was the most moving story I have ever read! I rarely cry at stories but this one got me. It’s a beautiful story. put all together it could go in a short story collection. Nora’s direct approach to writing makes this east to read. The underlying story of Celine’s change and development was wonderful. Her hardness was overcome by the steady loving presence of Wes. Something I didn’t think would happen. Her pregnancy was foreshadowed well. Fantastic story of love and determination to be successful. Lovely story Nora. Thank you for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It could be the realist in me that makes me think this story is just OK. The “perfect guy” fairy tale has really warn down on me in literature. Wes is widely handsome, kind, smart, adored, passionate, successful, well-endowed, sensitive & eternally devoted. While Celine is troubled, angry & has low self-esteem. In reality, Celine would have tanked the relationship from the beginning because of her trust issues. She’s someone who needed to be in therapy. Instead, she’s highly successful with subordinates who absolutely adore her despite being the “dragon lady.” Celine had serious childhood drama that could never be erased just because she met Mr. Perfect. It’s both cliche & a bad message. The sex scenes were repetitive but good. Not many women orgasm so intensely EVERY-TIME, Celines orgasms were so intense she would cry. C’mon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One of the best love stories i have read on Literotica and I have read over 1200 now (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I think I have re read this story 4x now. In my top 5 for sure. (Hoops)

billl1billl1about 2 years ago

I really enjoyed the story . In a world driven by hate, politics, coronavirus, racism, on and on, why not allow a story separate you from that. The under water analogy was great. A writer or musician who can through written word or song, can stimulate my emotions.. who has experienced what I experienced and while writing/singing Captures my emotions.. thank you.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

I started this story quite some time ago. Part one just grab me with Celine being such a strong woman and knew her job so well. Then this doctor comes along and knocks her off her feet. What a great romance story.

Nora, you writing on this one was great. I tried reading your Void Bunny but I just could not get into it. It was sort of like a RPG which I could never get into either, to complicated to many things to remember. A good old fashioned cinderella story does me good. 5 stars of course

TalkSexyToMe2029TalkSexyToMe2029about 2 years ago

I, too come back to this masterpiece regularly. 90% of the romance vanilla stories bore me to death to be honest. But give me good dialogues and vulnerability plus real gentle souls and I melt. So many good scenes, this could be made into an excellent movie. Rom com or dramedy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nora, you are wonder woman with a pen. Your way and craft moves me in a very special way...!

FoxycatladyFoxycatladyalmost 2 years ago

Thank you for sharing this brilliant, beautiful series with us, author! I will forever cherish this beautiful work until the end of times 💘🧸

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

PatermultiPatermultiover 1 year ago

A wonderful soulful story!

I've read the last chapter 3 times and still want to go back because it is so beautiful !

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Talk about "MOVIE" material!!! Can you say blockbuster?

Pickles7287Pickles7287over 1 year ago

Brought tears to my eyes and warmth in my heart. Loved the dialogue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Big hairy biker sat at bar reading while waiting for the other half. Has coughing fit to hide becoming emotional from friends

I have a reputation to uphold

So in future a warning would be nice.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

Excellent, beautiful story and lives

NadiePreguntameNadiePreguntameover 1 year ago

just one word: heartwarming !

EVLoverEVLoverover 1 year ago

This was my second read through this wonderful series. It’s even better the second time than the first. Definitely worth 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Words fail me...truly one of the best stories I have ever read . Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A-fucking-mazing. For someone who is supposed to swear like a sailor, she doesn't curse very often... You are some special writer, Nora. You are a gift, and thank you for sharing your gift. You uplift me and encourage me. I feel like a better human being after reading this story. I don't know, I don't have the words. Just a-fucking-mazing. I'm going to savor and treasure this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Absolutely magnificent. I said it before and feel compelled to say it again: you are gifted. Thank you so much for sharing your talent.

G

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

omg. tears several times. horrible and beautiful character evolution.

kuu123kuu123about 1 year ago

wow. absolutely incredible piece of writing

rogie717rogie717about 1 year ago

Absolutely fantastic story from beginning to end, your writing is art..some people may read it and not understand it, but most will read it and never forget it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

One of my favorite stories I have ever read!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I don’t usually comment, but this is one of my favorites. Well done characters and completely believable

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Who could not love this.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usernorafares@norafares
Hi there, I’m Nora :) I write about flawed characters navigating their way through life, often falling hopelessly in love along the way. I grew up on 90s swoony Bollywood films, endless piles of cheesy romance novels, and obsessively rewinding that part where Matthew Macfayde...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories