Heard It From A Friend...

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rose warned me that Marcy was going to attend the wedding with her fiancé, a 40-ish banker named Larry McIntyre.

"He's kind of a smarmy dick, Dad, but I guess she loves him. I know you'll behave yourself, even if he goes a little overboard," she said.

"As long as he only goes a little overboard," I replied.

Rose had this guy nailed. He was a smarmy bastard, but he kept within boundaries. I could tell that Marcy was a little nervous that he would push me a bit as she never left the two of us alone, always lurking somewhere close when we talked.

As the father of the bride, I paid for the wedding, and I made sure that Rose got everything she wanted. Through the years, I had done quite well for myself at Isaacs-Forsman Associates. Yes, the name had changed a bit, because several years ago I became a 10 percent partner. Phillip Isaacs and Jack Forsman had wanted to add my name to the firm's name, but I thought Isaacs-Forsman had such a great brand name I really didn't want to tinker with it too much. My ego didn't need the validation.

Since I was paying, I made sure I got myself a little treat, and toward the end of the evening I brought out the bottle of Pappy Van Winkle Special Reserve 12-year-old bourbon for my table, which by this point included both Phil and Bob Isaacs, Jack Forsman, my new son-in-law, and Larry McIntyre. I gave the toast.

Larry whispered something to my ex-wife while we were sipping our bourbon, and for the first time all evening, he seemed impressed. A little while later, Marcy cornered me alone to thank me for putting on a wonderful event, and also for including Larry in on the Pappy.

"You must be doing very well for yourself, Norm. This whole evening had to set you back a bundle," Marcy said.

"I've been doing well for quite a while, even while we were married. You just weren't paying too much attention because you were distracted by your 'soul mate.'

"By the way, I can't say I'm sorry that didn't work out too well for you. Maybe Larry will turn out to be a better man."

Marcy at least got to the altar with Larry, although the two were divorced less than three years later. Last I heard from Rose, she was pretty much alone, occasionally dating a Senior Citizen and playing Bingo at her church weekly.

My marriage to Lainey only got better the longer we went. Rose and my son-in-law gave us two grandchildren. Shawn, meanwhile, joined Isaacs-Forsman Associates after he graduated from college. He got married two years later, and he and his wife gave us three more grandchildren.

Lainey and I talked about being empty-nesters to death, finally coming up with a plan to buy an RV and tour the country in between being home, working and spoiling our grandchildren.

It's been years since I've seen Tim Wycliffe. I hope things turned out well for him.