All Comments on 'Heard It From A Friend...'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 93 Comments
HarddaysknightHarddaysknight5 months ago

I always enjoy a story by Hooked. Happy endings are hard to find, but he delivers. Five stars here.

demanderdemander5 months ago

Good story. Wonder what happened with Marcy - why? D

Omart57Omart575 months ago

Very good story, H! Thanks for writing!

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper69895 months ago

It all seemed to civilized to me, no blood or body parts lying about. It was a smooth read and dotted all the I's and crossed all the t's. The year and a half affair does make me wonder about my own marriage.

Just_WordsJust_Words5 months ago

I liked it. A good man stood up for himself and with help from friends, he built a better life. Nice.

Buster2UBuster2U5 months ago

Another Good read from Mr Hooked! 10 Big Blazing Stars for my Friend. Great Job, a very interesting tale. I always love when the cheating wife can't keep the guy that she left her hubby for and suffers from her own 'heartache' that she deserved. Thanks, Buster2U

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19695 months ago

ending was a little gentle on the cheaters... for me.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith5 months ago

Good story, well written.

stev2244stev22445 months ago

Very good cheating/romance hybrid story. I enjoyed reading it.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Not nearly enough burn. Sorry, but I'm one who is more interested in the conflict than what happens afterwards.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Hey, I think I read this once, or one hundred times before.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Pretty good story, well paced. But it became rushed and kind of dies at the end. Four solid stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Here's a suggestion to all the ex-wife haters out there who write this drivel. Instead of the ex-wife ending up lonely and miserable, why not an ending where's she's happily remarried and enjoying life? Pretty original idea, don't you think?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Always wonder how the betrayed husbands can be this much calm, composed, patient enough to talk to the backstabber wives. Strange.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Another Hooked 5 star slice of life.

Baldy74Baldy745 months ago

Was OK, quite enjoyed it! Just wish there was more dialogue between him and lainey, their beginning just felt rushed.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x5 months ago

"I'll talk with her tomorrow," - THEY should talk to her, make sure there's no covering up anything.

\

"Marcy looked pale while I gave my little diatribe." - Maybe Marcy's doing something, and Laura's involved, and she's afraid that her dirt will come out.

\

"my lovely wife has been fucking some other guy for the last year and a half?" - No, for a year. He found out six months ago, that she had been cheating since a year ago.

\

His daughter sucks! Of course people should be with those they love, but she cheated for a fucking year!

\

Why would it be Bob's fault if Norm didn't want to take Lainey to the party?

\

Maybe Rose didn't tell him because after sort of defending her mother she didn't want to push her back on her father.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

He was kind of an idiot for not looking into his wife's behavior and I have to question how the PI didn't catch anything incriminating in the communications between her and her coworker. Sure, he wouldn't have been looking for it directly, but surely he would have stumbled upon it.

Kernow2023Kernow20235 months ago

good ending to well thought out story

johntcookseyjohntcooksey5 months ago

Classic Loving Wives drama, well constructed and written. A pleasure to read. Thanks much.

Slick742Slick7425 months ago

Thanks. Your story flowed well keeping the reader anxious for the next part.

jmmj5jmmj55 months ago

I enjoyed that good read.

then, what Just_Words and AngelRider said.

As smooth as the PVW you mention.

Thanks for sharing

laptopwriterlaptopwriter5 months ago

5 stars for a great story, as usual.

redboat7redboat75 months ago

Great Story!! Loved it!!

MissMudMissMud5 months ago

I agree with laptopwriter! Great story! 5 stars! Thanks.

ForensicFossilForensicFossil5 months ago

Guy seems like a good sort...but then he turns out to be a Yankees fan. Say what?

And where is Traci? I miss her.

ForensicFossilForensicFossil5 months ago

Two things I do not understand:

1. This is a Hooked1957 story. Where is Traci??

I have really enjoyed the same woman showing up in his stories, and I am sorry he apparently has retired Traci.

2. The MC seems like a good guy...but he roots for the NY Yankees? How can this be?

prinnaveaprinnavea5 months ago

Title + You been messing around, Take on the run baby. I love it when you do that, kinda of gives me hint what the story will be. Cudos to you.

A_BierceA_Bierce5 months ago

Marcy sort of sounds like Traci, but somehow just doesn't seem right. Thank you for giving us your usual very good story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Decent tale, but lacked emotion.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I thought the premise for the story was excellent but when the wife turned out to be a heartless evil slut the story became kinda sameish. It was like you ran out of ideas.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

He just writes the same story over and over

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu5 months ago

Honestly. This had a very good start and I was really enjoying it but then after the divorce with MC and Marcy the story sort of pettered out to the end.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Paint by numbers story. Bone dry and cliché ridden.

Wandering_MongolWandering_Mongol5 months ago

What a journey. Thank you!

-

Be well!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I must have missed that class at school that states " A Daddy’s Girl " , No matter what the occasion

Will always Condemn The " Daddy " when the mother becomes " a skanky used up piece of shit that deserves to be thrown in the garbage like a used Tampon "

What other explanation can I foresee as to continual use of the " Please Daddy, Just stick your Head in the Sand and Lube Your ArseHole So Mummy Can Fuck You And Your Wallet/Life/Future "

It’s a pathetic portrayal against a Man that has done no wrong bar try to do the best he can.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Another well done,thank you

26thNC26thNC5 months ago

Not the expected BTB, but a damned good story all the same. It’s good to have friends.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

That was good…but it kind of drifted in tne last third, especially WRT Marcy.

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great idea for a plot: Loyal loving faithful wife fairly suddenly looses her love and respect for her loyal loving husband, claiming she is desperately in love with a better man. And she was nearing the point of ditching the stupid cuck. And after a year and a half of being a lying unethical immoral cheating slut, the stupid cuck suspected nothing. It reads like another shallow tepid distant marriage failing mainly due to lack of attention, and interest. If you can't tell that your wife is an immoral deceitful betraying whore, then what difference does it make if she is? What have you lost, right? Faithful versus unfaithful, exclusive or fucking other men; you can't tell, so what difference does it make?

\

We are expected to believe that a loyal loving faithful wife behaves no differently than a cheating whore. A woman would have to be some kind of sociopath to pull off that kind of split personality. Any man that tuned out to his wife's behavior, values, attitude, and morals deserves what a deaf dumb and blind man walks into. Wonder if he'll do a better job discerning and interacting with his second wife?

dgfergiedgfergie5 months ago

A well written story with a happy ending, nothing wrong with that.

Tiger27Tiger275 months ago

Great story!!!

CagivagurlCagivagurl5 months ago

Chur bro.

Choice story aye....

5 stars

Cagivagurl

ReedRichardsReedRichards5 months ago

Anony wrote:

.

<blockquote>"Here's a suggestion to all the ex-wife haters out there who write this drivel. Instead of the ex-wife ending up lonely and miserable, why not an ending where's she's happily remarried and enjoying life? Pretty original idea, don't you think?"</blockquote>

.

Haven't you noticed? If the ex-wife isn't punished somehow, there will be complaints that she got off too easy, and even if she is punished, there will be complaints that the punishment wasn't severe enough. About the only thing I can say is that we haven't had a lot of stories recently in which the cheating ex was trapped in slavery in a Mexican whorehouse.

ReedRichardsReedRichards5 months ago

My biggest complaint is that, once again, Mr 1957 has strayed away from Traci!

.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfire5 months ago

Good tale, Hooked, and good take on the theme. I liked the foreshadowing with Marcy, too, and got a good laugh about Tim paying for the private detective the second time. Glad things worked out for Norm and Lainey and that Marcy got to dwell on her mistake for a long time. 5* and thanks for participating in the challenge.

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Ban5 months ago

5 stars - Just because I started singing the REO song in my head as soon as I read the title. Well done as usual. BRB

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well-written, not much drama, our hero has a pretty smooth time. He even finds a perfect woman, thrust upon him.

The protag did not get into the discussion deeply with his daughter, who had said that people should be with the one they love, as her Mom would be after the divorce.

What was missing was our Dad telling daughter, that Mom must have made several decisions along the way that allowed the cheating relationship to build, before she "loved" the new guy,, cheated for 1.5 years, and never mentioned to her husband that their relationship was in trouble.

I agree with Forensic Fossil below, by the way, about being a Yankees fan, and this story has no.... Tracy.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I missed out on why lainey was so available and needed to be set up for a date? She was written as some goddess mother theresa with great sexual powers.

shadrachtshadracht5 months ago

I'm glad the sad and painful part wasn't the point of the story. I always prefer when it's dealing more with healing and recovery. Nice read that left the reader happy at the end. What else can you ask for?

5*

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Where's Traci?

GardenshedGardenshed5 months ago

Good story, enjoyed the read. There was enough emotion built in the story. Glad Norm found someone that made him happy. Marcy on the other hand, Karma is a bitch….

Thanks for writing.

WargamerWargamer5 months ago

A great example of winning by living well.

I loved it, a good story for sure.

Scores, unsurprisingly, 5/5

ibuguseribuguser5 months ago

Very nice. Not an original story, but well written.

The last few paragraphs could have been avoided.

Just saying.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Regguy69Regguy695 months ago

It was a couple of years after my divorce when a friend of a friend asked me to call her friend. I called and two years later I was remarried to a spectacular woman. It is indeed good to have friends that care about you.

Nice story, H57. Thanks for sharing.

someoneothersomeoneother5 months ago

Magyars are a peoples, like Germans or French. No Hungarian restaurant would name itself "Magyar's."

I pity the author's attempts to impress, which generally fall flat. For example, the most remarkable attribute of Pappy Van Winkle Special Reserve 12-year-old bourbon is its scarcity and price which far outdistance its taste or value.

The rest of the story is pretty bland, and, unfortunately, we have no real backstory of why Marcy acted as she did, which might have made the story a bit more interesting.

tralan69ertralan69er5 months ago

@sbrooks103x

"I'll talk with her tomorrow," - THEY should talk to her, make sure there's no covering up anything. - He trusted his wife to do the right thing. He didn't know the all-knowing and seeing sbrooks would be waiting to jump down his throat.

\

"Marcy looked pale while I gave my little diatribe." - Maybe Marcy's doing something, and Laura's involved, and she's afraid that her dirt will come out. - Well no shit sherlock but he is not all-knowing and seeing.

\

"my lovely wife has been fucking some other guy for the last year and a half?" - No, for a year. He found out six months ago, that she had been cheating since a year ago. -- This is what I read, "Yeah, about a year and a half, and my understanding is, it's still going on."

\

His daughter sucks! Of course people should be with those they love, but she cheated for a fucking year! - Doesn't change what his daughter said.

\

Why would it be Bob's fault if Norm didn't want to take Lainey to the party? - Since you think this is not fiction, you would have to ask Norms wife.

\

Maybe Rose didn't tell him because after sort of defending her mother she didn't want to push her back on her father. - MAYBE...? Speculation.

MightyHornyMightyHorny5 months ago

@Anon - Traci's been gone for a while, mate.

But, obviously, her (nasty) spirit lives on...

inka2222inka22225 months ago

Good BRISLW story. I'm taking off 0.5 stars for the daughter being an immoral ass, but at least she wasn't the typical LW story shithead female offspring fully taking the cheater mom's side. She still didn't behave ethically or honorably, blaming BOTH parents instead of the cheater, and not taking clear sides with the victim. But that's not worth taking a whole star off, so 5 stars it is.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Entertaining and well written story, once again, Hooked. However, once again, your ending was abrupt…kinda like coming around a curve only to discover the bridge was out, and the cliff awaited. Four stars ⭐️ for this one.

Happily_Married87Happily_Married875 months ago

Another great story really enjoyed it!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy5 months ago

Great story, as usual!

5

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

As soon as I read of Marcy uttering the words 'soul mate' I knew two things for certain: one, that Marcy was an intellectually defective ditz and two, that her boy toy was just a randy young goat who was getting a great ego boost from fucking an older married woman but would drop her like a hot iron when he'd had his fill of her. Cynical? Moi?

nixroxnixrox5 months ago

3 stars - this story was way too light on the revenge for the SLUT.

I mean really - like she was fucking him for more than a year and a half.

I realize that most guys are kind of slow on the uptake, but 18 months without one single clue.

AND whats with the TAGS or lack thereof ?????

Calico75Calico755 months ago

Another super story! So glad you are still posting here!

oldmanbill69oldmanbill695 months ago

A good life story !

AethurAethur5 months ago

An enjoyable yarn. Thanks for sharing it. 5*

HighBrowHighBrow5 months ago

Reeds like an obit.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good story and it’s the way things are supposed to go . Cheat get caught get divorced. Hopefully a happy ending for all after that , even the cheater hopefully learns a lesson

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x5 months ago

Hey, TraLaLa, where you been? I've missed you! It amazes me why, if you find my comments so useless, why do you bother reading them? You certainly don't hurt my feelings when you nitpick them, and I'm not going to change to suit you, so you're just pissing in the wind.

OOAAOOAA5 months ago

GREAT STORY!!! Well done!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Yawn. Sorry. Not bad, just well...

jlg07jlg074 months ago

The best revenge is a life well lived! 5*

elling50elling504 months ago

I loved the comment "The best revenge is a life well lived". I loath all these wronged husbands turned criminals even killers, beeing much more morally wrong than men having consensual sex with the wrong person.

AmbivalenceAmbivalence4 months ago

"Aw, Norm. Did you have to go there? I was hoping we could do this like adults," she whined.

.

"We are. Adults have sex and talk about sex. They get married and they get divorced. They cheat on their spouse and their spouse says hurtful things to them that they deserve. As adult as it comes."

fritz51fritz514 months ago

I really liked this one! 5*s

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

“Still, she was a good mother to our daughter”

No, she wasn’t. She taught her daughter that women have no emotional control, and that “falling in love” is something that just happens to women. Which, if course, is utter nonsense. Women have the same agency as men. Love is a choice, and an action. If you’re committed to a person, you don’t open your heart to anyone else.

SteelPaperTSteelPaperT4 months ago

Sry Hooked, was a graet set-up in the beginning, but then it somehow fizzled ... and the rest was a simple narrative of events, with nothing that hooked me. One of your weaker pieces, sry to say.

muskyboymuskyboy4 months ago

Well written but the lack of any consequences to Marcy did not sit well. Rose's indifference to her father's situation when dealing with her cheating slut mother was sickening. Norm was way too indifferent to the whole thing. I know you were trying to make him a nice guy but Norm came across as almost emotionless.

AllNigherAllNigher4 months ago

Great concept but somehow it wasn't engaging. I didn't feel emotion from anyone in the story....

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Thank you guy, enjoyed the read.

somewhere east of Omaha

tsgtcapttsgtcapt2 months ago

Good story, good storyline, Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Norm and Tim. Shows the difference between head on and half measures.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I suppose we're meant to be happy that he came out on top, but honestly I feel that without the confrontation where the MC gets to explicitly point out the failings of his ex, we're just left with a limp lettuce.

We can all get played, heck financially it's collectively to the tune of billions in terms of financial scams, so who's surprised when something less tangible such as love/lust is scammed by a clever seducer rather than the formers silver tongued salesperson.

The real issue here is do we learn from it? and far too often in these stories it seems that the cheating Ex learns nothing and the MC isn't far behind the curve.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

@anon 2 days ago.

How do you figure that one out? Tim tried and obviously failed while Norm didn't even get a look in, his ex was out the door, already planned her escape. He got no choice in the matter. So are you talking from the cheaters point of view?

Which I might add is a failure of story telling, because no Inteligent and mature cheating wife would be that confident if she didn't have a reason to be so, that her relationship then fell apart on the grounds suggested just seems off and too convenient.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Good, not great, story. Norm eventually prospered, Marcy did not…which balanced the universe. A little more angst between those two would have made the story better. Four stars ⭐️ for this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

4 Stars on this one . My Ex cheated on Me for years . Finally a new guy was at the same party as my ex , He asked Me how I liked living in an open marriage . I then found out the truth . She left me for a guy with no job , but he was her soulmate

Ocker53Ocker538 days ago

A very enjoyable story, quiet realistic, I enjoy a story far more when it is believable ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous8 days ago

Great story. So Marcie is a cheating bitch, too? I thought H7’s cheating bitch was named Traci. Anyway, five stars ⭐️ for this one.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHooked1957@Hooked1957
3471 Followers
Basic average guy in basic average America.