Heart Is Where the Home Is Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Coffee?" Mel asked me.

"On the counter. Help yourself."

As she poured, I asked, "When did you start drinking coffee?"

"When I started falling asleep in class."

I shook my head and looked at Keri, who was staring at Jim again. I guess she got used to me.

"Keri?"

She snapped out of it as Jim laughed.

"Would you like some breakfast?"

"If that's oatmeal, I'll have that please."

I made a bowl for her and watched her pour maple syrup in it as if it was a giant pancake.

Lainey and Abby came back in and everything seemed back to normal. Of course, the nasty look Abby gave Jim led me to believe he was going to be in a bit of trouble for his comments.

*** Janis

As I sat in the front pew of our church and watched my son Ken wipe a tear from his cheek as his life's love walked down the aisle I cried myself.

I never thought I'd be happy after losing my husband, but with both of my children married and both having my grandchildren, my heart was as full as could be.

I watched as the beautiful Lainey, dressed all in white, slowly walked the long aisle to the altar. She was a simple girl, who wanted a simple life, but instead found her life's love in my Kinsey. That love was anything but simple, and it showed on both their faces at that moment and in every other moment of their lives.

The ceremony began, the vows were exchanged, the rings were placed on the correct fingers, and he kissed his bride.

May God bless my growing little family.