Hearts Academy Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I just wanted to ask how you knew Leblanc?"

"Mademoiselle?"

"I don't think there's another Leblanc." He shrugged. "Is there?"

"S-She's my teacher. Isn't she yours?"

"Yeah." He sighed. "But, not by choice. Part of the gender study."

"I-I know. I'm part of that too."

"You are?"

"Yes." Warren nodded. "Every fifteenth of the month."

"So how do you like being dressed like a girl?"

"I," He stopped as he gripped the fabric of his pants tightly. "I don't."

"Hey," Dana leaned over slowly and gently placed a hand of his new friend's shoulder. Warren was trembling, even more so than usual and judging by the fabric in his hands, he seemed beyond afraid. "It's okay."

"J-Ju-Just don't like it." Warren muttered quietly.

"It's okay." He repeated as he gave him a small pat. "It's perfectly ok."

"Don't tell Mademoiselle I said that."

"Oh, trust me," He laughed quietly to himself. "I don't plan on telling her anything I don't have to."

"Thanks."

"Warren?"

"Yeah?"

"How long have you been coming here?"

"To the media room?" He cocked an eyebrow as he shifted awkwardly in his chair.

"No Warren," Dana laughed with a shake of his head. "To the school."

"Oh, I've been here for a few months. You?"

"A month." He gazed up towards the ceiling. "I believe."

"W-W-Wow, you seem like you've been here longer than I have."

"Huh."

"Oh." The boy blushed as he moved as far away from Dana on the couch brushing off his hand in the process. His eyes shot immediately back down towards the floor and he trembled ever so slightly. He wanted to reach out to his new acquaintance. To comfort him, to dissuade any fear that the boy held, but he didn't know the words. Any friendly wishes spoiled and curdled in his mind before he could voice them. He just looked sadly towards him. Whatever could have caused him to feel so scared?

He leapt from the chair and quickly walked over to the media cabinet before throwing it open. There were video games consoles, DVDs ranging from television shows and movies, and even computer games on the four shelves that lined the inside.

But there was something far less innocent lurking on the middle shelf in plain sight. Several DVDs in colorful labeling, all of which bore such direct and filthy names. "Shemale Seduction #14", "Anal Adventures", "Submissive Sluts 3", "Night of the Cock-Hungry Whores", and various awfully titled productions. He felt his stomach churn at the sight of them. It was his turn to tremble now, his turn for fear to grip his heart. Back home, such videos lurked in the deepest corners of the internet. Now, they were just in plain sight. He should've have expected anything else from the sex crazed denizens of Hearts Academy.

"Dana?" Warren called from his seat.

"What do you want to watch?" He was quick to answer. If just to take his mind far away from the awful thoughts that swirled around them. He didn't want to pry into anyone's business. Nor did he want to make any harsh judgements.

"Whatever you want."

"That's," Dana sighed as he rescanned the bookshelves. "whatever."

"Di-Did I say something wrong?"

"No." Dana shook his head as he grabbed the first video game on the shelf.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes." He sighed popping open the case to reveal an empty case. He grumbled as he grabbed a Super Mario game from the upper-right. He was never a fan of video games. Most other boys loved them dearly, some even building entire identities around them. But never him. Why would he waste his time in someone else's narrative? That and he didn't have the skills to be any good at them anyway.

"Y-Y-You don't seem okay."

"I'm fine, Warren." He turned on the tv with a push of a button and walked back with two controllers in his hands. "You play video games?"

"Yes." He nodded. "Do you?"

"Not really." Dana laughed. "But it's a good time-killer." He watched the screen come alive with old school chiptune music playing loudly in the lounge. It was impossible not to be some semblance of happy to the tune of the bright cheery music. It was not a game of strife, terror, or hardships. Just something simple.

Dana liked simple things.

"I'm actually pretty good at Mario." Warren smirked grabbing hold of one of the controllers.

"Good." He smirked back. "Cause I'm not."

"Don't worry, Dana." Warren's voice was far more confident, brave, and full of life. "I'll carry you."

"Yeah." He nodded before pushing start and letting the game commence.

~~

He had rarely had friends like Warren to sit opposite of him in these types of games. Perhaps that's why he lacked the enjoyment that so many others seemed to get from the experience. But he understood it now. Warren was skilled with the controller, his reactions with like lightning and his movements were graceful and measured. Sometimes, he watched his fingers dance across the surface of each button instead of the game in front of him. They struck out into the pixelated world together. Warren easily blazed the path as Dana struggled to even survive. But he always had his back. Whenever Dana's lives would run out, he'd always allow him to steal from his own supply. When powerups came available, he always gave them to him. Sometimes, they'd race across the stages in a sort of self-made competition. They'd run after coins, powerups, or points on their total score. Things that were meaningless and yet so alluring. Dana would try his hardest to win but Warren would simply steal it out from him every time. Enough to get him to stand from the couch with controller in hand screaming at the television whenever he made a mistake. He knew that Warren wasn't trying. He was just observing and helping him out. But he didn't mind the pity of his newfound friend. Instead, it was rather nice to see him so full of confidence.

He watched as the minutes turned into hours and after the final stage, Warren smiled for the first time. Not a smirk, not a shy movement, but a genuine expression of joy. It was beautiful and Dana could not help but feel that spirit infect him as well. He placed the game back in its box, returned the controllers, and turned off the television. As the screen faded, so too did Warren's aura of control. Until he returned to his shy and bashful self once more.

"That was fun." Dana smiled. "We should do that again."

"Yes!" He felt his stomach growl and shook his head. It had been such a busy day that he had forgotten to eat. He turned towards his friend and hooked a finger to the door.

"Want to grab something to eat with me from the dining hall?"

"O-Oh, I'm not hungry." Warren's eyes shifted back towards the floor.

"That's ok. Do you want to just come to talk?"

"I-I guess." He watched the boy stand from the couch and then followed him out the door. He was quiet again and every time Dana wanted to say something, he found the words caught in his throat once more. Instead, he watched the halls of the Academy for any signs of life. But again, he found nothing but stillness. Even as they entered the dining halls, there was nothing.

He tried to be in this room as little as humanly possible. There was something wrong about the dining hall that he could just not shake. It was by no means an intimidating looking room nor an evil one. It was a large carpeted space full of natural light from the windows lining the far-left wall and spotted in round tables covered with pure white tablecloths, flowers, and even candles. Yet, he always felt his guard being raised whenever he entered. A fact that he was sure that Warren had picked up on.

They chose a table off to the side, both boys walking with an utmost urgency. He could see it on Warren's face. He held no love for this room either.

There was nothing bad about the dining hall per se. Instead, it only reminded Dana of his horrendous date with Amorette. Every single time he stepped into the room he could only see her thick meat scepter aimed at his face and for a moment, he remembered the hesitation. Not hesitation to run or hesitation to fight. But instead, the little spark deep in his mind that told him to wrap his lips around it and suck and truthfully? That idea terrified Dana to his very core. He had never had those kinds of thoughts before, but he could feel them building back up in the hall. The single nagging thought that had bothered him for awhile now. Did he make the right choice?

He gently pulled the small little bell closer to him and rang it. He didn't know what he was even going to get for lunch. But he was feeling particularly American today. The man in silver spectacles trotted out from behind a door to what he assumed was the kitchens with a pad in hand.

"Mademoiselle Morgan." He bowed slightly as he approached the table and then his eyes shifted towards his companion. "Mademoiselle Cox."

"Don't." He groaned stopping himself from even complaining. Such thoughts of protests were wholly ineffective with him. He didn't know the man who worked in the kitchens. The man who served the girls of Hearts Academy. But he did know that he was punctual and always soft-spoken and patient.

"I am sorry if I have upset you, Mademoiselle."

"Da-Dana." Warren's eyes cast a concerned look as he flinched at the address once more.

"Do you know what a grilled cheese is?"

"I do." The man nodded.

"Can I get one of those then?"

"As you wish." He turned his gaze towards Warren. "And you, Mademoiselle?"

"I'm not hungry." Warren sunk a little bit lower into his chair. "But thank you."

"Of course. I'll be back with your sandwich in a moment." Dana watched him intently as he walked back through the doors and vanished from the room.

"It bothers me."

"W-wh-what does?" Warren sank a bit lower with his words.

"Being called a girl by him."

"W-we-well you are wearing women's clothes."

"Th-that!" Dana stammered as his face turned red. "That does not matter, Warren!"

"I'm sorry!" He sank even lower as he hid his face from his gaze.

"Warren, what are you doing?"

"Nothing!" He squeaked. "Just nothing."

"You look like you're melting in your seat."

"Oh." He shot back up quickly. "Sorry!"

"Warren," Dana chuckled. "You don't have to apologize so often."

"O-oh!" Warren blushed. "S-"

"Warren!" He laughed again with a shake of his head. "Come on man."

"Sor-"

"Warren!" He slammed his palm on the table with a laugh. "It's okay!"

"Ok!" He yelped shaking his head. "I won't apologize."

"Good!" Dana grinned. From behind, he heard the door to the dining hall open and a flood of familiar voices came through. It was all of them. All of the girls of Hearts walking together dressed in the same uniform. He caught their gaze but they weren't looking at him. Instead, they were all focused on his companion with wide-eyed surprise and quiet amusement.

"Warren?" Cosette called out and the boy blushed a deep crimson before returning to melting in his seat and on to the floor.

"No way!" Charlotte laughed. "Warren!"

"Dana, where on earth did you dig up Warren?" Cosette pressed even further. She brushed a strand of her raven hair back behind her ears with a warm smile. He didn't answer. He just wanted Warren shake in fear so hard that he was rattling the table. His friend's breath grew short, his eyes wide, and his face was nearly consumed by the pallor of fear.

"I," He opened his mouth to speak still never taking his eyes from the trembling boy. "I didn't."

"We all thought you left, Warren. It's so good to see you again."

"Th-Thank you." He stammered.

"Where have you been hiding all these months?" Charlotte approached quickly with the rest of the group. It felt odd to see their focus on someone else rather than him.

"I-I-I," He stammered. "I-I-I've been in my room."

"Are you embarrassed, Warren?" She teased batting her eyelashes at him.

"N-N-No!"

"Well, I'm glad you came back. Maybe we can pick up where we left off?" Dana had never seen someone turn so red so quickly. Then Warren fell completely under the table as the girls of Hearts burst into laughter.

"That's how I remember Warren too. Always on his knees." Jess chimed in. "Once a slut, always a slut." He heard a quiet whimper from under the table. Then he was on his feet before he could even process his anger.

"That's enough!" He roared turning towards Jess. He couldn't stand her smug smirk. Her callous comments were bearable when aimed at him but he wouldn't just stand idly by while she insulted Warren for no damn reason.

"Dana?" Natalie spoke up in a quiet scared tone. He could see it on her face as well, the picture of worry and fear in her chocolate brown eyes.

"You all need to back off! Can't you see how scared Warren is of you?"

"Warren's afraid of everything. Even his own shadow." Jess shrugged. He clenched his teeth as he flared his nostrils.

"Shut the fuck UP, Jess!" He yelled at her. She nearly jumped back at his rage. The quiet satisfaction on her face drained completely as shock and fear took hold. The other girls fell immediately silent as the tension began to build even faster than before.

"Dana?" Cosette composure fractured for nearly a second before she fell back into her normally cool self.

"No! Don't you understand? How can you all be so cruel?" He pleaded with them all. To see past their own lust and jokes. To notice the truth of their actions. The pain that they had caused.

"We're not cruel." Charlotte murmured. "Warren? Is this true? Are you scared of us?"

"M-M-May-Maybe." Warren's voice called from underneath the table.

"You're truly afraid of us? Your own friends?" Cosette balked at the answer.

"It's true." Amorette chimed in from behind her, he could see Cosette's mood sour at the sound of her voice. "Perhaps if we wanted you to see us as friends, we should have been far nicer. We have been a little bit cruel, haven't we Cosette?"

"Yes." She muttered through clenched teeth. "I suppose you're...right."

"It's not about me being right, it's about what we can do for Warren. I'm sorry for our actions. To the both of you. I know that words don't mean much but I promise that we'll try better in the future to respect and understand how you feel."

"Thank you." Warren called back.

"H-Hey!" Natalie stepped forward in front of the rest of the group. "I know! How about we all hang out and-"

"No." Dana shook his head. "I don't think we're going to join you all. Maybe you should seriously think about how others feel before you speak, Jess. Maybe you all should think about how you acting to Warren."

"Dana." Charlotte called out to him softly. "Are you scared of us?"

"What do you think?" He growled. He watched as the man approached with his sandwich on his plate. Upon noticing the large group, he simply placed it down on a nearby table, turned on his heels, and walked away quickly. Dana snatched up his plate before returning to the table.

"Come on, Warren. We're leaving."

"Ok!" The boy squeaked as he emerged from the table and cast his gaze down. Dana grabbed his hand firmly as he led him out of the room without another delay. But he stopped short just at the threshold and sighed.

"I'm not scared." He called back. "I'm just disappointed."

They left the dining hall quickly after. He didn't hear the responses of the women, but he was certain his point was made clear. As soon as they had entered the hall, Warren gave his hand a sharp tug and led him down the hall to the library. He hadn't seen Warren so direct, so full of action or purpose before. He pulled deeper into the bowels of the room navigating the twisted maze of bookshelves. Until, the light from the entrance faded into an almost supernatural-like darkness. There, he collapsed at once into a chair by a grand table between the shelves with a heavy sigh.

"You okay?" It was Dana's time to ask that now.

"Fine!" Warren's voice was so much stronger in here than it had ever been. It was like he had become someone entirely different. Even his posture had changed completely, he stood erect and relaxed rather than doubled over in fear.

"Okay." He shrugged placing the plate down on the table. "I feel bad eating in a library."

"Dana," Warren started with a heavy sigh. "Thank you."

"No problem." He smiled. "It was no big deal. I can't stand when people treat others like that."

"I mean it!" He frowned. "You're so kind and courageous and empathetic and just amazing. Thank you for defending me. You're a good man."

"It really wasn't a big deal." Dana reiterated with a bit of surprise at the confession. "It's what friends do for each other."

"Friends?" Warren asked quietly.

"Yeah? Friends. You have those in France, right?"

"Yes." He nodded slowly. "Friends." Warren repeated the word like he was saying it for the first time in decades. Like his mouth had forgotten to sound to the word.

"So, I never asked Warren. But what do you study?"

"I'm a writer!" He beamed. "Fiction mostly."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah!" He grinned. "I dabble in epic fantasy. Dragons, wizards, knights that sort of thing. You?"

"I'm an artist. I draw mostly though I dabble in landscapes. You know, I forgot this was an academy."

"Really?" Warren's eyes grew wide.

"Yeah, I mean where do the others find the time to practice between all the flirting and fucking." Warren burst out into laughter at once. Howling, loud, and mad laughter at the simple comment. He howled like it was the funniest joke in the word. His face turned red, his eyes watered, and he pounded his fist on the table. Dana snatched up his plate quickly before could knock it off the table with his strange outburst.

"H-Hey." Warren wiped the tears from his eyes with a smile. "Can you keep a secret?"

"Sure." He nodded. The boy stood quickly before turning around. He ran his hand down the spines of the books in front of him until he settled on a deep red book and pulled it outwards. It didn't come out, instead it tilted back and there was a soft click from behind and his eyes widened.

"No way." Dana gasped as Warren pushed the shelves inwards and revealed a darkened room. Quickly, Warren stepped inside and hit a switch and revealed a hidden study. The room was a large space lined wall-to-wall with books. A small staircase descended down a level to the floor where a desk with a small lamp sat against one bookshelf with an ancient typewriter placed on it. The surface of the desk was neat and organized, comprised of stacked papers and cleanly arranged pens and books but underneath and the floor surrounded it was a mess of half-opened tomes and scattered notebooks. In the far corner, was a curious sight. Two green bean-bag chairs seated behind a small little stood on which a laptop sat with a pair of headphones placed gingerly on top. He pulled the shelf closed behind them with a soft click and Dana followed him down the stairs with wide awe-filled eyes.

"So, this is my study." Warren began as he motioned to the room.

"This is amazing!"

"It's mine. I actually don't think anyone knows it exists. If they do, they don't bother me here."

"This is incredible!" Dana repeated. "Do you think there are other rooms like this in the academy?"

"I don't know." Warren's face immediately turned pale at the question. "B-But we shouldn't snoop around. I-I-I don't want to get in trouble."

"Okay, okay!'" Dana sighed with a nod. "I won't look for any others."

"Promise?" Warren's voice was quiet and shaky once more.

"Yes," He nodded again. "I promise."

"Good!" The boy sighed in relief. "Do you want to watch a movie with me?"

"Sure!" Dana smiled. "What kind?"

"Well, you clearly like secrets and hidden-passageways. How about an adventure movie?"

"That sounds good to me!" The two flopped down on the beanbag chairs while Warren turned on his computer. It was good to see him happy. Good to see him so relaxed and sure of himself. But while the idea of more secrets in Hearts filled him with curiosity, he had made a promise to his friend. A promise he was not going to break.