All Comments on 'Heirloom'

by woodmanone

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
morefunnmorefunnabout 14 years ago
Wonderful Story

Loved the story and all the characters. Fantastic Job.

Thank You for sharing your time and talent.

Well Done.

aposiopesisaposiopesisabout 14 years ago
I usually love your stories, but is difficult for me to accept that once Ethan and Bobbie

broke up, that JT would continue to avoid Bobbie. JT was going to tell Bobbie that he loved her, right before she mentioned getting involved with Ethan, so what suddenly caused him to not take a risk and tell her he loved her after her breakup?

Perhaps it's just me, but that "disconnect" kept me from appreciating this story as much as your others.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
GREAT STORY WOODMANONE

Congratulations, Woodmanone, you do know how to tell a story that is entertaining and interesting. Wonderful job.

60 year old George

victoriangentvictoriangentabout 14 years ago
Without a doubt

one of the best writers on this site. Your story was well presented and in a fashion that was truly enjoyable to read. You, sir are an asset to this site. Please write more.

catman71catman71about 14 years ago
bravo

your stories are just that stories where the sex is secondary and that i love and i love the references to mr cuervo and mr jack because we all have to learn not to get to friendly with them keep up the good works

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
a story

a story about a man who is alittle slow in the brain department and needs someone else to make his decisions for him, well dne

bruce22bruce22about 14 years ago
Nice Romantic Tale

Your characters are always interesting, Woody. Thanks for entertaining us.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteabout 14 years ago
Thank-you for the chance to....

....feel good after a read. Romantic is just the ticket here these days.

sailordblj1966sailordblj1966about 14 years ago
Another great story

A nice heartfelt romance. I really enjoy your work keep up the good job

AzPilotAzPilotabout 14 years ago
As usual, fantastic, sir. Been laid up a bit and just got around to reading it.

It would be difficult to improve on what the others have said, but I can give you a "thank you very much for the entertainment" unreservedly. You remain a model for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great story

Just as well you used John Wayne charachters names instead of C.S. Forresters charachter 'Hornblower'. Dont get me wrong I love the writing of C S Forester but your story got me wondering. How could he write novels about a naval officer named Hornblower and even name one of his novels "Hornblower and the Hotspur"! Maybe I have been reading too many stories on this site! Yeah, that has to be it.

auhunter04auhunter04about 13 years ago
sometimes

Sometimes a story is good enough to be read more than once... think this at least my third time..

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
I liked the story but there is one thing I don't understand

The thing that puzzles me woodmanone is why you had him act so childish regarding his relationship with Bobbie. Now, I can understand somewhat the running away to San Diego.

What I don't understand is why you had him avoid her after knowing that she and Ethan had broken up almost immediately. His scared behavior doesn't seem consistent with his nature as you described him early on in the story.

Just some thoughts, I did enjoy the story. Thanks!!

Sidney43Sidney43almost 12 years ago

I am late to the party on this one as have been reading through all of your stories. I have to agree with another poster that you made the lead character so dumb and so stubborn that it did not fit with his education and ability to learn trades. No one is so rock stupid as he was over the reality of he and Bobbie even when people were practically hitting him over the head with the love that they had for each other. I like your stories but sometimes you just get carried away with the male character not being able to see reality even when it is kicking him in the ass. At some point it just gets annoying rather than a plot development device.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Yep - face your demons - don't run away -

You never make yourself hiding from them so deal - it is the best even if it does not go the way you hope.

This was a fun one and probably all to common a way people grow up and fail to connect - failure to communicate.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketalmost 9 years ago
Enjoyed

Overall a darn good story.

HansTrimbleHansTrimblealmost 9 years ago
Still great!

We've got thousands of good stories on this site, but once in a while I need to sit down with a proven winner, and this is one of the best! I honestly don't know how many times I've read it, but it still captivates me and wrings out my emotions.

The charm of the story isn't just about the two lovesick kids: the other characters are sketched lightly but surely, and they provide a rich background. One of your smoothest moves was to have Mary Kate decide to come home. Another was having the crusty nurse turn out to be an old cattle rancher.

Thank you for putting this story together and sharing it with us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

This is a fantastic love story.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

PeteCedarPeteCedarover 8 years ago
Very good story

Except for the fact that a lot of your characters are as dumb as a box of hammers. There is no communication between anyone. If they would only talk to each other they could have been together a year earlier. What if he was in California and she had died in an accident while he was gone. People who don't (or won't) talk to each other live a limited life and will never be happy. He needed to say something. As the saying goes - 'Nothing ventured, nothing gained.'

calflashcalflashabout 8 years ago
heirloom

you have truly given an heirloom to us your readers - thanks

dyonysosdyonysosabout 8 years ago
5 easy stars

An easy reading and a jewel in the genre,thx for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Heirlooms, LoL Are Shared By All In This Family.

"Ethan laughed and said, "An heirloom is something of special value handed on from one generation or person to another and that's what Bobbie is."

So Ethan after fucking Bobbie for months is happy to pass her (the heirloom) off to John. I guess having big brother break in your wife may become a family tradition?

In any case, John gets sloppy seconds and Bobbie's got both of her lovers close together.

A Word Of Advice, John get DNA on all your (sic) kids, just a thought.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticabout 7 years ago
Lovely story

A very romantic story full of doubts, feelings, family loyalty and a patient love.

I loved!

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

rightbankrightbankalmost 7 years ago
Thanks for the story

They were quite the family.

Take a Chance on the Socially Inept.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

I don't know if it was your intention but Mary Kate was an entirely unlikeable character. She had no depth. The words I'd use to describe her are bitchy, bossy, meddlesome, manipulative, and rude. It was probably your intention that she was behaving so atrociously to her brother out of love and concern but you didn't convey that well. Instead of her inquiring about his feelings and offering support, she was just bossy and trying to tell him how to live his life. It made her one-dimensional. In the future, I'd suggest trying to explain people's motivations a bit more and you'll have a fuller and more nuanced character.

Cracker270Cracker270almost 6 years ago
Good Job

Nice story well put together. Character development is good. A little more detail would work but would lengthen the piece. Something not always appreciated here on literotica. You have a talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Decent story

This was a good story in theory but had some issues in practice. Firstly, I'm in full agreement with what Anon 02/13/18 had to say. Mary Kate was so damned annoying I started wishing SHE had been the one in ICU instead of Ethan. Jesus, the woman didn't stop her manipulative nagging for a heart beat. She was even hanging around like some creepy stalker while JT and Bobbie confessed to one another. This wasn't endearing or amusing, it was intrusive and disturbing. Did she lurk around outside their room on their Honeymoon to make sure he screwed Bobbie right, too?

The other issue I had was with how long the waffling got drawn out. I was under the impression that JT was supposed to be confident and manly. Sure, I get that the stakes were higher than they'd ever been for him but come now. Just the idea of working with her in the same office makes him want to run away back to California? I didn't buy it. Sure, if she'd still been dating Ethan it may have been too difficult to be around her but she was single and had been for a long while. It just felt way too prolonged and I started smelling a plot device.

Other than those two big issues the story was a good one. I've always been fond of the childhood friend hook up plot line and it works decently well here. I felt Bobbie could have shown more hints that she felt strongly about him but I suppose it works when told from JT's pretty clueless point of view. Ethan and his father were both good characters and the relationship with Amber was well done and realistic. As I said, decent story with some flaws.

cybojicybojiover 4 years ago
Good work

Love a story being just a good story. 5

ewray321ewray321over 3 years ago
Love Youre Stories

Keep writing.

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 3 years ago

Not enough explanation of the Ethan affair. No hard feelings? Unlikely.

auhunter04auhunter04over 2 years ago

sometimes we can recover from our mistakes

sometimes we can't

I wish I could redo some parts of my life

I would pay attention more, not hurt people as much

Kiss a lot many pretty girls as would let me.

I was just too shy and awkward back then

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 1 year ago

I’m fairly sure most of us in the civilised world have managed to get away from regarding Women as chattels, however the nub of this story is just that, Bobby is referred to at her own wedding as an “Heirloom” - a thing, a possession, not a living, breathing person with a will of her own. To be frank, I’m surprised Cassidy Snr didn’t take his daughter and run hard and fast from this bunch of misogynistic idiots, I’m not even going near the ridiculous notion of lionising John Wayne, although it’s easy to see where the deeply flawed central tenet of this story comes from if the author shares those views. Not impressed Woodmanone, you can and have done better.

OldmantruckerOldmantruckerabout 1 year ago

You can't plz everybody can you . They want more character development in your stories ,. Seems they forget this is Literotica, and Not a place for full length novels. At least in this category . So Sir, I say tobadsosadgosomeplaceelseforyourentertanment.! Woodmanone, wish yóu'd keep um coming. Miss your stories.. Take Care Sir

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sorry the stories stopped a out 5 years ago. They are excellent. Well deserving a a top rating and certainly must reads.

linnearlinnear8 months ago

Thanks for another wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I’ve loved everyone of your stories so far but this one is so frustrating 1st amber sitting on tailgate with coffee now I would have got in the truck and started it up and pulled away slowly it would have made her land on her ass 2nd I wouldn’t have anything to do with Bobby she’s treating John like 2nd best plus why run him off then dump the brother 5yrs down the road is she gonna discover she’s gay or move on to johns dad this is fubar

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwoodmanone@woodmanone
2292 Followers
I believe age and cunning will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time. Being some what of an egomaniac I believe my stories are very interesting. Only the readers can verify or disprove that premise. Several of my stories are based on my own experience or most have a little ...