All Comments on 'Hellacious Hospitality Ch. 04'

by Elysium_Chronicle

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
Elysium_ChronicleElysium_Chronicleabout 2 years agoAuthor

Hi everyone, happy to be back.

It's been a bit of time again since my last posted chapter, but that's my bad. I wanted to post a bit of a personal announcement, and ran afoul of submission rules. Getting that sorted set me back by two whole weeks.

But now this chapter is finally live, and I'm ready to share some hopefully exciting news. After much positive reception to my previous chapters, I've been energized to take my writing and character creation further. But without a bit of support from my loyal readers, I won't be able to bring all those dreams to fruition.

Please, regularly check in on my Profile page for all the exciting news and updates to my projects, and learn how to support me.

This is a bit of an experiment on my part, so I'm not going to get all choked up if I don't succeed. It'll just be my lesson to dial in my expectations a bit more. Succeed or fail, I won't stop my writing. Now that I've started, I want my stories to be told.

Thanks, all!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It’s amazing, don’t worry about the length of the chapter, it’s fine.

More please!

Sextus_PropertiusSextus_Propertiusabout 2 years ago

Very nice! Your character development is working. Some writers forget to add a bit of soul and depth to their main protagonist, keep up the good work. As to length, do not worry about that, my firsts were only one or two pages long, hardly enough time to set the scene, let alone develop any depth to my characters. Just let it flow and be happy with what 'you' want to say/write. Only you know where each chapter ends. I am loving it so far.

Nighthawk2000Nighthawk2000about 2 years ago

I adore your characters and the world you’re building around them. Your writing also is beautiful, even lyrical, not to mention grammatically correct, all of which are delightful changes to much of what’s available on Literotica.

With that said, I do have one itty-bitty, teeny weeny, tiny polka-dot-bikini sort of editor’s note to offer ….

In the paragraph that begins “There was a certain situational irony there,” you use the word “tact” when it should be “tack.”

Besides being the name for a small nail, tack can mean “a change of direction.” That meaning stems from sailing; when sailing against or into the wind, a sailboat will zigzag, much like a child zigzagging up a steep hill on a bicycle. The act of change directions and the new direction the ship (or bicycle, I suppose) takes are both referred to as a tack. It applies equally well when someone takes a conversation or a nascent relationship in a new direction.

I hope you’ll forgive my pedantry. I spent 15 years as a newspaper reporter and editor, and now I teach graduate-level communications. Unfortunately, the editor in me never sleeps. ;-)

I hope you can accep this in the spirit in which it was offered, and will believe me when I tell you that if I didn’t love your story, I wouldn’t take the time to annoy you with this little note. ;-) I look forward to following you for a long time as the world around Caeli and Benson continues to bloom and grow.

SatyrDickSatyrDickalmost 2 years ago

11/10 'Vettes!!!!!

bhojobhojoalmost 2 years ago

Even if there is similar Prior art if it's discovered independently it should not be assumed to be a derivative work. The use of the caretaker role definitely points to Annabelle's work but it would be fun to think if the hotel and the house were actually part of the same world and having similar world mechanics.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It just keeps getting more enjoyable with each chapter. This is a special story that has physical intimacy in it. Thank you for this!

DruggoDruggoalmost 2 years ago

Love the pace and love the character development.

Well done and thanks for sharing your tales

SorchakSorchakalmost 2 years ago

Just one thing: quit apologizing for how long the chapters are!! Personally, more story is better. I read at 500+ words per minute, so short stories are *annoying*. (750 word ones only take me 90 seconds to read.) People who complain stories are 'too long' obviously don't like to read, especially if they're only 6 to 8 Lit pages long. If your chapters balloon up to 8 or 10 pages, I'm perfectly good with that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I really like Benson getting with oher humans, too. I like Elena, and it was really hot scene. I really like the way the story is going.

PurplefizzPurplefizzalmost 2 years ago

Firstly, awesome story, you’re a bit guilty of the “Hapless Girl” trope re the garage scene, but you’re forgiven because she fired the old fossil so don’t worry, however the rest of Elenas character is just a joy, a complex person that’ll make working alongside Caeli & Co further down the line interesting and hopefully a bit unpredictable!

Many thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz

Sl33pingforestSl33pingforestover 1 year ago

So first of I've really been enjoying the ride so far. Second Elena is a surprisingly interesting twist on a monster girl story. Finally I've seen demi used in some other stuff so I really wouldn't stress it seems like it's the defacto pc term for monsters.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userElysium_Chronicle@Elysium_Chronicle
Elysium_Chronicle is a fledgling, part-time writer in the realm of erotic fantasy fiction, with the personal philosophy that just because it's silly and spicy, doesn't mean that it can't be charming and evocative and maybe a bit challenging, too. Follow me on Twitter for the ...