All Comments on 'Her'

by AwkwardMD

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

God your characters are all so recognisable and interesting and I so wish I figured out how to use cursive here because these adjectives need highlighting. Well. I could use asterisks, of course, but I'm not gonna because that's bad form, I think.

Anyway: Missed you, very happy to see you're back and in your usual (read: best) form! Awesome, heartwarming story :)

BrokenSpokesBrokenSpokesover 3 years ago
Torn

On the one hand, I want to be cross with you for making me have to decide if this is as good, or better, than Attack Decay Sustain Release. On the other hand, I don't have to decide. They each stand on their own as masterclasses of writing.

This story is everything I love. Best friends, first times, (emotional) tenderness while enjoying it rough, realizing love. Bravo, Awkward, you've made me smile.

OmenainenOmenainenover 3 years ago

I loved Frankie right up to the spot where she turned out to be a morning person. I mean, there are things one simply cannot abide. Other than that, I loved the ending. And the whole story before it.

I have to say, I feel bad for Mark. Years and years of being the wrong thing now matter how hard you try, it’s just heartbreaking. I’m hoping he gets his own happy ending off camera.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I believe that story is what some people call "the total package". Smart and sexy with a lot of heart. My barometer for deciding if a story is special is if the author gets me to genuinely care about the characters. I care about Frankie and Ade. I would love to find out how their "music video" turns out. *hint hint* sequel *hint hint*

A star for each finger and one for the thumb.

BelleCanzutoBelleCanzutoover 3 years ago

I loved this. I loved the charscters and especially the way you drew Frankie. I had no intention of reading anything this long tonight, but by the end of the first page I knew I had to finish it. Wonderful.

Also, how much will you charge me to use "cat out of the wet paper bag"? That scene was a great distillation of the kind of happy/terrified/confused/delightful feeling of newly realized love.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDover 3 years agoAuthor

@ Anon

Thank you!

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDover 3 years agoAuthor

@BrokenSpokes

Thank you so much!! I was really inspired for this one, and Ithink it's one of my best as well. I'm super glad the work I put into it comes across.

CeVin_ChienElleCeVin_ChienElleover 3 years ago
Wow, you're good!

It's great story, extremely well written, with great characters. I cared about them instantly.

Plus it left me with great big smile for how it worked out, especially for how Frankie owned her issues, put on the big girl panties and took a clear-eyed look in the mirror.

And the laugh line at the end that you could see coming a mile away and made me laugh anyway.

tl;dr: I loved it.

Candy_Kane54Candy_Kane54over 3 years ago

What a beautiful story. It grabbed me and pulled me in and wouldn't let me go until I finished it. I did notice that Frankie wasn't stuttering in the morning. Wonderful!

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDover 3 years agoAuthor

@Omenainen

Morning people are the worst (#notallmorningpeople). I'm so glad that Frankie comes across as likeable despite the fact that she is a hot mess at times. As far as Mark goes, yeah. Being the second choice doesn't feel good. I hope he finds someone who treats him right after this!

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDover 3 years agoAuthor

@Anon

It is not my style to add on unplanned chapters to finished works, although I have done it in the past. I would rather start new and create new rather than trot out characters who are already on their path and give them new hurdles.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDover 3 years agoAuthor

@BelleCanzuto

Free of charge!

I'm glad it grabbed your attention. I've been working on keeping a really narrow scope to my stories, and only starting when things are about to get good. Glad to hear it comes across!! Sorry not sorry about you missing sleep!!!

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDover 3 years agoAuthor

@Cevin_ChienElle

Thank you! I'm so glad you liked it! I have been prioritizing more positive endings as I get older and more at peace with myself, so delve into my back catalogue with care. My lesbian stories end well more often than not, but everything else is a toss up as far as a happily ever after goes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This was fantastic!

This was a seriously amazing story. You’re a really great writer, you know that?

ArmyGal33ArmyGal33over 3 years ago

I was so happy when I was informed you had a new story out! As I mentioned to a mutual friend, I can’t remember a time when I was so immediately protective of a fictional character as I was with Frankie. That’s how good your writing is. It’s so believable and complete.

I will admit that I was worried for Frankie. Not all of your stories have the HEA (which is real, so no hate from me). You have my heart smiling over here.

Lovecraft_LoreLovecraft_Loreover 3 years ago

5 stars

I am not a big fan of lesbian stories, but your stories are compelling. You have taken all the great advise you give others in your Awkward MD review thread and applied it to your own work as well.

There were parts were third person narration was used, where I would have used dialogue but then your stories are almost all 4.5+ and all mine are 3.3. Anyway, for example the 11 paragraphs reviewing how the intimate act is impacting her on an emotional level and the only spoken dialogue "Lie back."

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Excellent. I enjoyed the entirety of the story. I usually don't read lesbian stories, just not interested I suppose. However, your characters are charming and magnetic. Brilliantly written and a genuine pleasure to read.

OneAuthorOneAuthorover 3 years ago
Beautiful

While I felt for Mark (and hope that he gets his own happily ever after), the relationship between Frankie and Ade is magical. The way you wrote their friendship and then their intimacy was truly magnificent. Thank you for yet another tremendous story... one which ended with a huge smile on my face and warmth in my heart.

member9458member9458over 3 years ago

I feel like I just finished up a steaming mug of hot cocoa, with a dollop of whipped cream and a splash of peppermint schnapps. Big ups for building this charming little romance out of the current anxieties of our world. We need more stories like that right now.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Amazing

I came here looking for erotica. By the time you're story got to that point, I'd entirely forgotten that point in favor of getting emotionally involved with the characters. Incredible writing--I'm off to look at more!

Vix_GiovanniVix_Giovanniabout 3 years ago

A warm, lovely and genius story. Bravissima!!

Kosova_guyKosova_guyabout 3 years ago

what a beautiful piece of story telling. thank you for sharing this. It was a bit of magic.

Only_connectOnly_connectover 2 years ago

Fabulous. Outstanding writing.

fallwatcherfallwatcherover 2 years ago

You are a skilled story teller. Thank you for sharing this well-written story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So close. A little less preachy next time.

amy821amy821over 2 years ago
I like pop tarts

You are most definitely one of my favorite authors on this site, after reading your stories they stay with me for days. And I find I've read most of your stories several times, there is such realism about them and the window you open into the lives of your characters is just amazing. You truly are a gifted writer. I do wonder though what the bet was between Kendra and Ade.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You are so goddamned good at writing neurodivergent characters. This was perfect. Sweet and funny and hot and complex, without ever being overwrought.

b737docb737docalmost 2 years ago

Thanks once again.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 1 year ago

Lovely slow burning romance and better burnt muffins then hearts ...... Sooooo cute and frankie is an adorable character

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝🍀💋

MaezedMaezedover 1 year ago

Wow, just an amazing ride. My emotions are everywhere. Loved it.

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

What a sweet, straightforward story. Sometimes sweet and simple play off against one another to produce somewhat that is both sweeter and simpler that either separately. The result is the warm feeling of love.

Felt that here.

Have to admit though, being a serious writer I always want to leave useful criticisms behind. Makes me feel like I've contributed to the story … and the next story. But it's just so damned hard with you. I just like so much being along for the ride.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

oh that last line was so beautiful

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnonabout 1 year ago

If anything this has improved on rereading. I love the way it captures Frankie's fear and doubt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Portland is an ungodly wasteland.

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetronius6 months ago

I am not a long-time fan. In the previous three acts of this your Portland Opera I saw your magnificent creativity. You have a knack for setting forth grittiness and with a style that avoids drawing attention to itself. In the first half of this story you had me twitching and bouncing in the depths of Frankie's neuroses, and in the second half -- as Frankie got delivered from her stutter -- you shape a sweet and tender tale. Superb!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAwkwardMD@AwkwardMD
Just pressed submit on my latest collaboration with Omenainen! It'll be up on our shared account (link below) hopefully in the next few days. I'm really excited about this one. It's short and sweet (and sweaty) and it came together in a flash. Can't wait to get it out to y...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Sidechain Next Part
The Beast in Me Previous Part