Her Good Samaritan

Story Info
A young man helps a lonely older woman.
10k words
4.6
39.8k
39
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TMONY1
TMONY1
1,325 Followers

My name is Max. Actually it's Maximus Steward. I think my parents were out of their minds when they named me. It's November 2018. I'm 26 year old and I was just dumped by my fiancé three months before we were scheduled to be married. She cited numerous reasons and concerns but truth be told I think she was already cheating on me.

Her parents were very upset and rightfully so. They stood to lose their deposit money plus had to face the humiliating task of letting their friends know that their precious daughter's wedding was cancelled. Now for normal folks like me, that wouldn't seem to be all that important in the grand scheme of things. But the Jenkins family was no ordinary family. They were descended from the Boston Adams lineage.

They were very wealthy, belonged to exclusive clubs, attended the finest universities etc....you know the type. In fact that's how I met their daughter, my ex fiancé, Emma. We both attended the same university, well kinda. I was attending Duke University law school while Emma was an undergraduate. We met, dated, had sex, and decided that marriage was the next step. Well actually she decided that.

Looking back at my situation, I am not terribly upset with the cancellation. We were from two different worlds. I came from an upper middle class family in Jacksonville, Florida while she grew up in the exclusive conclave of Mamaroneck, NY located right on Long Island Sound.

For me it was almost a feeling of relief when she told me that she was calling off the wedding. Sure I feigned being upset and shocked but deep down I was feeling an overwhelming sense of relief. Actually a couple of times I had to try real hard not to smirk as I noticed she was getting upset that I wasn't being more upset.

Her parents tried very hard to convince me to be patient with Emma. They said she was acting tempestuous and would soon find her way back to me. I listened patiently, as I liked both of them, but in the end I knew in my heart of hearts that I was done with Emma. C'est la vie.

Armed with a law degree from Duke University I decided to head back home to Florida. I stayed with my parents until I passed the Florida State Bar exam. It was nice to spend time at home but after a couple of months I was ready to leave.

While staying with my parents I spent a lot of time researching where I wanted to live and practice law. I was of the mind set that I would try to start up a small law practice out of my house until I was fully able to fund an outside office. I wanted to be a lawyer that handled small disputes for common people who otherwise would not have any additional recourse.

Certainly a challenging way to earn money but money has never been my driving force. Helping people is what motivates me. I know it's very naive of me to think that way but I am a very principled man.

I decided to buy a modest home in Estero, Florida. Estero is just North of Naples on Florida's southwest coast. While not as pricey as Naples it is a cute community that offered a lot of amenities located nearby. My parents lent me the money to buy the house with a full cash offer.

The neighborhood was fairly new and very nice. The house was a 3BR/2bath with an attached 2 car garage. It had a caged lanai with a pool and spa. The house was move in ready which was a big plus. Once I was fully situated I went to my neighbors on each side of me and introduced myself.

One neighbor was a young couple, Tom and Beth, a little older than me with two children. They seemed nice and welcomed me to the neighborhood. The other neighbor was an older woman, probably in her mid fifties. Sherry, was the type that knew everything that went on in the neighborhood. I made a mental note to tap into that knowledge to see if I could get any new clients.

The next morning I woke and went for a run. It was still winter so the morning temperature was crisp and inviting for a workout. As I ran through the neighborhood I saw a lot of people out and about, all of them friendly, waving hello as I ran past them. Some of them very attractive which also caught my attention. As I was walking back to my house I ran into Sherry out front.

"Max, you are already the talk of the neighborhood. All the women are calling me asking who my new handsome neighbor is? Looks like you have gotten everyone's attention."

I grinned, wagged my finger and said, "Sherry, you aren't exaggerating a little are you?"

She smiled and said, "Listen Max you are a handsome young man. There are a lot of divorcées that would love to snatch you up. Young and old they are coming after you. I'm just giving you a heads up."

I laughed, "Okay Sherry, thanks for the heads up. By the way what's going on with that house?" I pointed to a house directly across the street that looked as if it was abandoned or in foreclosure.

"Oh pay no attention to that. Kit moved in two years ago after her husband divorced her. She doesn't get out much these days. Every once in awhile she'll hire someone to mow the yard and do some repairs."

I glanced over there and felt sorry that anyone would be in that much despair. "Is she all alone? Doesn't she have friends or family nearby?" I asked.

Sherry gave me a cliff notes version of Kit's life, "I think she is in her late 30's. She has a daughter who is away at college. I don't think her daughter visits much. As for friends, I try to stop by and check on her but she has become a bit of recluse. Max, you stay away from her. You can have the pick of the litter right now and you will do much better than wasting your time with her."

I laughed and said, "Sherry I'm just concerned, I'm not looking to date her or for that matter anyone else."

I sat down and relaxed. The neighborhood seemed to be a non stop hub of activity. I looked out my window and I couldn't stop thinking about Kit being all alone. It didn't seem right to me. Seeing it was still morning, I decided I would do a good neighborly deed and mow Kit's yard. I grabbed my AirPods and went outside.

As I pushed my lawn mower across the street I wondered if Sherry was looking out the window yelling at me to go back. I laughed at the thought and started to mow her yard. The grass was pretty long so it took longer than expected.

Thankfully her yard was not very big. An hour later I finished mowing so I started to rake the grass clippings into piles. Once finished I grabbed a couple of plastic bags for the grass clippings and filled them up. I started to walk back when I heard a soft voice, "Excuse me. How much do I owe you?" I turned around and saw a woman standing in the door.

I smiled as I approached her and said, "I'm your new neighbor from across the street. My name is Max" and I extended my hand. She hesitated at first before she reached across and softly shook my hand.

She said, "I'm Kit, thank you for mowing my lawn. How much do I owe you?"

I smiled and said, "Kit it's nice to meet you. You don't owe me anything. I had free time on my hands."

From what I could tell she looked to be an attractive woman. I thought to myself that there has to be more to this woman than meets the eye. She said, "Thank you. Can I get you some water?"

I answered, "That would be great Kit. Thank you."

She said, "Come inside out of that hot sun and I'll get you some water."

Well that was a nice first step. It seems like she was comfortable enough with me to ask me in. Maybe Sherry got it wrong. She didn't seem like a recluse. I waited inside the door and noticed the house was a mess, not dirty mind you but just kind of discombobulated.

She came back from the kitchen with a glass of ice cold water, "Here you go. Pardon the mess. I wasn't expecting company."

"Kit that's quite all right. Thanks for the glass of water. It really hits the spot. I guess it was hotter than I expected."

"Would you like a seat? Here come over here and sit down. You must be tired."

I took her up on her offer and sat down. She seemed nervous, almost as if she was asocial. Hard to tell. She had a very pretty face, nice green eyes, short black hair. She was very petite, maybe 5'4" 105 lbs. I really wanted to find out more about her but I wanted to do it slowly.

I like to help people whenever I can and it looked to me that Kit needed some type of help, just not sure what.

"Kit, what do you do for a living?" I smiled and waited for an answer.

"I have a part time job as I'm a stay at home mom." She said.

"Oh you have children? How many?"

"Just one but she is away at college."

Interesting a stay at home mom but her only child is at college. "What school does she attend?"

She replied, "University of Florida."

Pretty succinct response. My sense told me that my lawyerly cross examination was probably not putting her at ease. I looked at her and said, "Kit I just received my Florida law license. I'm starting my own practice out of my house right across from you. If you ever need any lawyerly advice feel free to stop by. I'll make sure I reciprocate your kindness. It was very nice to meet you but I best be leaving."

I stood and walked to the door to let myself out. It was a strange ending to a nice conversation. As I left I turned and saw Kit looking down at the floor. I closed the door and walked back home. I was struck by Kit's almost childlike innocence. Something didn't seem right. Not sure what it was but something was amiss.

I looked up and saw Sherry scurrying over to meet me. Oh Sherry! You are something else. I feigned surprise when she accosted me, "Okay tell me all about it. I saw you go inside. My you work fast! What did you find out?"

I looked at Sherry and smiled, "All I'm going to say my sweet dear Sherry is that Kit is not a recluse." I kept walking past her to put away the mower.

I heard, "You called me sweet dear Sherry! I'm touched! Even my kids don't call me that!"

I spent the next few days getting ads in the local papers, community gazettes, church bulletins. It was tough. Of course Sherry was right about the divorcées, they tried ringing my doorbell, leaving cookies, putting notes in my mailbox.

It had been almost a week and I had not seen Kit once. Maybe Sherry was right, she was a recluse. I thought I'd take a chance and see if she would come over to my house for a drink.

I rang her doorbell and waited patiently. Waited, waited, and waited. Slowly the door opened. I smiled and said, "Hi Kit. How are you?"

She looked at me tentatively and said, "I'm doing well, thank you. What can I do for you?"

I thought what the hell, "You know Kit I was hoping that tomorrow being the end of the week you might come over to my house for a cocktail? I was hoping to return your kindness this past Sunday."

She responded, "Oh no I'm not comfortable doing that. I don't know you. No I'm sorry I can't do that."

Always being quick on my feet I replied, "Kit, I understand. That was pretty presumptuous on my part. How about this? I'll get some stone crab claws and bring them over here. We can sit in your kitchen. Eat and talk. Do you like stone crab claws?"

I saw a flash of a smile. Quickly it faded but I saw it. "I don't know Max."

I saw an opening and I went for it. "Kit, do you like stone crab claws?"

"Well yes of course. Everyone does."

"So let me reciprocate your kindness. We are neighbors after all! That's what neighbors do! I'll be here at 6:00 tomorrow night! Okay?"

I crossed my toes and hoped for the best. Looking at her she was definitely torn. Lot of mixed emotions running through her. I just wish I knew what they were so I could help her. Suddenly she looked up, with a very faint smile and said, "Okay. I'll see you tomorrow at 6:00."

Damn fireworks exploded inside me. I felt like I just won my first big trial. Outwardly I was cool, calm, and collected. I replied, "That's great Kit! I'll see you tomorrow."

Friday afternoon rolled around and I picked up a pound of stone crab claws. Clad in my Florida casual look, shorts, shirt and flip flops, I opened a bottle of wine put everything into my cooler along with the wine glasses and headed across the street.

Throughout the day I repeatedly asked myself why am I doing this. This woman was perfectly fine until I decided to interrupt her life with my curiosity. She didn't appear to be someone I was attracted to and maybe vice versa. So why?

Maybe I just sensed something wasn't right. I looked at my watch to make sure it was 6:00pm before I rang the doorbell. I'm thinking okay let's get ready to wait but much to my surprise Kit answered the door. I smiled as I saw her shy pretty face peek around the door and say, "Come in Max. You are right on time."

I entered and was immediately struck by the room. It was no longer a discombobulated mess. I looked at her and smiled, looked back at the room and then back again at Kit, "What happened? This room looks amazing."

She smiled and said, "Thank you, it's been awhile since I've had a visitor. I just spruced things up."

There was a definite smile, a definite sense of accomplishment. I looked at Kit and said, "Wow Kit you look amazing."

Kit blushed. I hadn't realized what an attractive woman Kit was. She wore a simple dress that showed off her body. She had curves that I hadn't noticed before. Her face had always caught my attention but now even more so. Her short black hair perfectly accented her striking green eyes. Her breasts seemed larger than they probably were due to her petite size. Her amazing look was very transformative from my standpoint.

I looked at her as I raised the cooler and said, " Where to?"

She led me into the kitchen and helped me unload the cooler. Immediately she looked at me and said, "Max you shouldn't have done this. You are so kind. Why are you doing this?"

Ah the million dollar question. Why am I doing this? I'm not good at bullshitting so I just said what I was feeling. "Kit I just want to be a friend. I'm your neighbor and it appears that neither one of us have anyone they can confide in. I just want to be here if you need me. That's all."

She smiled and said, "It's been a long time since I've had someone that I felt comfortable confiding with."

I needed to stop this heavy conversation so early in the evening. I poured us a glass of wine and toasted, "To friends and neighbors!" We clinked glasses and took a sip.

I took the stone crab claws and the mustard dipping sauce and place it on her table. I said, "Shall we indulge?"

Kit seemed relaxed. I was surprised as she had been so reserved and tentative. The claws were already broken so we dug in. We ate slowly as I wondered how I was going to get Kit to open up to me. I took a gamble and asked, "So tell me about your daughter. You must be awfully proud of her?"

Instantly Kit's demeanor changed. She began to tear up. I'm like what the heck? I screwed up. I need to fix this or else tonight was going to be a short evening.

I reached across and grabbed hold of one of her hands. She tried to pull it away but I held on tight. "Kit what's wrong? It's okay just talk to me. I'm your friend I'll help you. I promise."

She looked up at me with a look that would kill, "Help me? How are you going to help me? My daughter hates me thanks to her dad. I can't do anything. I'm all alone. I just can't do this anymore." Her head dropped and she started to sob uncontrollably.

I never let go of her hand as I moved my chair close to hers. Holding her hand I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and pulled her into me. I held her close to comfort her as she continued to cry. I didn't say a word. Obviously I had hit a nerve. Not sure if she will open up to me but I told myself to be patient and supportive. "It's okay Kit. I'm sorry if I said something to upset you. I'll be here. I'm not going anywhere. Do you understand? I'm here to stay. Talk to me when you are ready."

Kit moved upwards into my arms. She used her arm to wipe her nose. Sniffling she said, "It's just that my ex is such an asshole. He stole my daughter's love. He cheated on me and then he made it look like I was the one who caused our failed marriage. My daughter believed him. I haven't seen my baby in two years."

Kit started to cry uncontrollably. I held her tight and tried to comfort this poor woman. "It's okay Kit. We will figure this out. You aren't alone. I'm here with you sweetheart. I'm not going anywhere."

After she calmed down I took her hand and said, "Come with me. Let's sit down on the couch."

Kit looked up at me and said, "Thank you Max. I'm glad you are here."

We sat on the couch and held her close to me. I said, "Just relax. We will figure this out Kit."

Kit rested her head on my shoulder, turning her body towards me she said, "I haven't seen my daughter since my husband told her I was cheating on him. He somehow doctored some pictures of me with a guy and showed them to Lexi."

I held Kit close and tight, "Lexi is your daughter's name?" Kit nodded yes.

"Such a beautiful name. I bet you chose the name."

Kit looked up at me and smiled. Her hand caressed the side of my face as she said, "Max you are such a sweet man. Her name is actually Alexis but I call her Lexi."

I said nothing. I was touch by her kindness and her innocence. My heart broke for her. I listened as she continued, "Max the problem wasn't the picture of me with some guy. It was a picture of me with Lexi's boyfriend. I don't know how that bastard did this. Lexi hates me and wants nothing to do with me. Now do you understand my emptiness?"

How could someone be so cruel. I grabbed Kit and pulled her tight into me. I held her close and whispered, "Kit I'm so sorry. I, we, can figure this out. I promise I will help you get your daughter back." My arms wrapped around her body doing my best to comfort her.

Kit melted into my arms. I think it had been so long since she had felt any comfort. She held onto me, our arms locked in an embrace with no rush to say or do anything. I felt her hand caress my face whispering, "Max thank you for your care and concern. Will you really help me get my daughter back?"

I grabbed her hand and kissed it. Looking into her beautiful green eyes I caressed her face. "Kit, you are such a beautiful person. Yes we will get your daughter back. Somehow, someway, we will get her back." I leaned down and kissed her forehead.

We sat there for a long time. Not saying anything just enjoying the closeness of our bodies. Eventually I knew it was time to leave. I gave Kit a quick kiss on her cheek and helped her up. As I stood Kit wrapped her arms around me one last time. She felt wonderful. I looked down and suddenly our lips met. Soft and slowly. A gentle kiss. Our lips meshing into one. Not a long kiss but as an electrifying a kiss as I have ever had.

She smiled and rested her head on my chest, "Thank you Max. Are you my Good Samaritan?"

I left needing to figure out what her asshole husband had done. As I walked back home I noticed that Sherry was staring at me with a big smile on her face. I waved, too emotionally tired to do much more.

The next morning I realized that I didn't know Kit's telephone number nor her last name. That needed to change if I was going to figure a way of getting her daughter back to her.

I rang the doorbell and waited. Waited. Waited.

Kit opened the door and asked, "Max would you like to come in for a cup of coffee?"

I replied, "I'm sorry but I just realized I don't have your cell number, nor do I know your last name."

She said, "Come inside I'll pour you a cup of coffee." I took a sip of the coffee and said, "I'd like to talk to Lexi's ex boyfriend if possible. Do you know his name?"

"Yes it's Billy Bronson. Last I heard he still lives in Naples with his parents. Not sure where. I don't stay in touch with that little weasel so I don't know if he is working or going to school. My guess is neither as his parents are wealthy."

TMONY1
TMONY1
1,325 Followers