Her Legacy

Story Info
Two hikers meet a lonely widow. What does she leave them?
5.3k words
4.47
13.7k
9
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Probus888
Probus888
94 Followers

The names, characters, places and events in this story are products of the writer's imagination or have been used fictitiously and are not to be construed as real. All characters are over the age of 18. Any similarities to real persons, living or dead, actual events, locales or organizations is purely coincidental and not intended by the author.

Thank for reading and I hope you liked this tale. Please do leave a comment as I read all of them and take them all onboard.

***

HER LEGACY.

The storm broke as we were half way up Lockegee Rock hiking trail. It's a steep trail in eastern Kentucky's Appalachian Mountains. If we'd made it up to the top in good weather we would have been rewarded with jaw-droppingly magnificent views stretching for miles over the rolling, heavily wooded hills and mountains of the Daniel Boone National Forest. A truly inspirational vista. But it in this deluge it would have been stupid and dangerous to carry on. We found some shelter beneath an overhanging rock ledge and tried to wait it out but after an hour the storm showed no sign of abating. With the rainfall the temperature had dropped and we were shivering with cold. I turned to my companion, Tim, and shook my head flicking rainwater out of my hair and eyes.

"It's a bust," I said at last. "Let's turn around and get back to the truck."

Tim looked at me. He was disappointed that we couldn't continue up the path but another flash of lightning and rumble of thunder convinced him. If possible, the rain became heavier and the path was rapidly turning to mud and a rivulet ran down the center of it. I huddled deeper into my waterproof and shivered.

He nodded and turned around. I am glad we made that decision as another lightning flash and thunderclap showed the storm was rapidly approaching. We hurried down the path, our boots slipping and sliding in the soft mud. The wind was getting up and branches overhead were thrashing wildly. One rotten branch snapped off and crashed onto the trail mere yards ahead of us. We didn't hear it fall, such was the fury of the tempest.

"This is a nightmare," Tim shouted over his shoulder.

We were towards the end of our vacation. Tim and I had been friends since high school and had stuck together over the years. Every year, in early fall, we took a week's vacation and enjoyed exploring different parts of our great country. Last year we had gone to the Everglades and the year before around Vicksburg, Mississippi to see the place where General Grant had won the battle which cut the Confederacy in half that ultimately led to victory for the North. This year, we wanted to see part of the Appalachians and decided upon Kentucky. We had done the Bourbon trail a few days earlier and picked up some great single-vat whiskies but now we were way off the beaten path.

Putting thoughts of our warm and comfortable motel room to one side, I concentrated on putting one foot in front of another. Slipping and twisting an ankle or worse would be no laughing matter in this weather. We hadn't seen any other hikers for several hours so we felt very isolated. It was like we had gone back in time a couple of hundred years when Kentucky was an untamed wilderness.

We made our way back down the mountain going slowly and carefully as water cascaded down and thunder boomed overhead. The landscape was lit up by intermittent lightning flashes as the storm lashed the mountain. However, we gradually descended but I noticed that under this downpour we were both getting colder and my teeth were chattering. It felt more like late November than late September. I didn't think Tim was in much better shape. Worse, with the thick cloud cover, the light was failing.

"I'm not sure we'll find the truck before dark. We need to find shelter," I said.

Tim shrugged. "Where? It's not exactly downtown Manhattan," he grumbled.

"C'mon, something will turn up," I said, trying to sound cheerful and optimistic. Tim was right; we were out in the boondocks.

We carried on through a thick stand of trees, our footsteps silent on the duff, the scent of wet pines all around.

"Hey, what's that?" Tim called, grabbing my arm.

I peered through the downfall. "What? Where?" I said.

"You blind or something? There...," he said, pointing between a couple of nearby oaks.

I rubbed raindrops from my eyes and squinted at where he was pointing. Did I see a distant flicker of warm, yellow light? Or was it only wishful thinking? I peered harder and was sure he was right.

"Let's check it out. They'll probably give us shelter at least. Maybe let us dry our clothes as well," I said.

We pushed our way through some scrub bushes and downhill. Our way was blocked by a creek which would normally be a trickle but now was in full spate and the water foamed and raced below us. The water was brown with tannins and looked more like tea than stream water. With difficulty we made our way downstream until we came to a place where the creek was partly blocked by a boulder fall. I carefully led the way up onto the boulders, testing each footstep before putting my full weight on it. They were stable and fortunately the top stone was flat and likewise the boulder on the other side of the creek. The gap was only about three feet so on a warm, dry day it would be an easy leap but in this storm it was much more dangerous. Without thinking too hard about the risks I took a step and jumped to the other side. My left foot skidded on the sandstone grit but I quickly recovered my balance.

"Easy," I shouted across to Tim.

I watched as he gathered his courage and also leaped across. I gripped his arm as he stumbled, steadying him.

"Wouldn't want to do that again in a hurry," Tim said with a grin as another clap of thunder resounded overhead. Perhaps we had been foolish but we'd gotten away with it and now we felt we should be able to reach safety.

On the other side of the flooded creek we made our way uphill slipping and sliding through leaf mulch and soft mud. We lost sight of the light and our spirits sank until we crossed a ridge of higher ground where the tree cover thinned a little. Now there could be no mistake. Both of us saw a window of warm, yellow light which was only a few hundred yards away. We turned to each other, grinned, and gave each other a high five.

Pushing our way through the trees, ignoring the odd scratch or slap from a wet branch we hurried towards possible warmth and safety.

"Knowing my luck, we'll probably find it belongs to a serial killer or something," Tim said. "Or some family of inbred rednecks guarding their meth lab."

"Look on the bright side," I said, "Could be a convent filled with sex-starved novice nuns desperate for a couple of wet 'n' wild hikers like us to show up and give them all a good seeing to."

"Like that ever happens outside of a porno," Tim grumbled.

"I wouldn't know," I said with a grin.

As we got closer we saw that it didn't look like a convent nor yet some meth-head's trailer lab. It looked like a neat whitewashed colonial-style mansion set in its own grounds. A paddock with a stable stood to one side as well as a couple of smaller outbuildings and a double garage. Once out of the forest's protection and running hell for leather across a pasture we had no shelter from the rain and so we looked like a couple of drowned rats by the time we reached the porch. We looked at each other as water streamed down our jackets and puddled on the wooden floor and I shivered again with cold.

Tim looked around and pressed the bell to the right of the paneled front door. A light came on in the hall, shining merrily through the stained glass. Tim gave me a thumbs-up.

"Lookin' good, dude," he said.

A moment later the door swung open. No, it didn't screech like in a horror movie but opened silently and smoothly. It wasn't some broken-mouthed hillbilly looking like he was auditioning for a remake of Deliverance with a bottle of 'shine in one hand and his shotgun at the ready. Nor was it a group of sex-starved young women eager to rip our clothes off. Only one woman stood there. She was over fifty but looked really good for her age. She stood about 5' 8" and was quite slim. Her chestnut hair was short but layered and fell past her ears. It must have been dyed but it was a good color, not some cheap home dye job. She wore white jeans teamed with a blue hoody and I saw her breasts pushing out the front of her top. Her feet were bare and I noticed that she must have had a pedicure as her toenails were neatly painted.

"Yes? Can I help you?" she asked with a slight smile. Her voice was pleasant and educated and she had a slight Southern accent.

"Sorry to trouble you, ma'am. We got caught out in the storm and wondered if we could stay the night?" I said. "Somewhere dry like in the stable or something, of course," I added.

She shook her head and smiled. It lit up her face.

"I couldn't do that," she said. She must have seen the disappointment on our faces. "No, I have a room I rent out to holidaymakers and hikers. It's empty tonight so you can have it if you want it. I'll even cook you an evening meal and dry your clothes."

Our faces lit up. This was even better than we could have expected. She stepped back leaving the door open. We opened the screen door and stepped into the hallway and she closed the storm and night rain behind us.

"Sue Wilks," she said as we stood there, dripping on the hardwood floor.

We gave our names and negotiated a price which was more than reasonable. I knew she could have charged us way more but I think she felt sorry for the two freezing, half-drowned men before us. And the room was empty after all. We handed over some cash which she pocketed. Sue led us past a series of landscapes hung on the wall above carved antique chairs and down the hall to our room.

"I'll bring you a couple of bathrobes. Once you've changed, bring your wet clothes to the kitchen and I'll throw them in the dryer. We'll eat when you're ready."

Our room was cozy and comfortable with twin beds and an armoire and desk. Another door led to a small half-bathroom. Tim and I looked at each other and smiled. A few minutes later, Sue knocked and dropped off several fluffy towels and a couple of bathrobes.

"These belonged to my late husband; I couldn't bear to throw them out," she told us.

"This is better than I expected," I said. "I thought we'd be spending the night under a tree or something."

"Well, you're in good hands here. Just leave me a good review," she said with a smile as she left us to get undressed.

We shrugged off our soaked clothes, toweled ourselves dry and slipped on our bathrobes. Feeling a little self-conscious with our robes flapping around our bare legs we made our way down to her kitchen. She took them off us and disappeared into a utility room and a minute later we heard the dryer start up. The kitchen smelled heavenly with a mixture of a meaty, herby stew bubbling in a large saucepan overlaid by a sweeter, cinnamon smell that made me think of apple pie.

Sue came back in and flicked her hair back. "I bet you're starving."

We nodded appreciatively as she dished out three hearty portions of beef bourguignon in red wine gravy and said a simple grace and then we fell to with a will. A slice of apple pie with cream followed and I had difficulty moving with all that food on board. During the meal, we told Sue about our recent adventures around Lockegee Rock. In turn, she told us that she had been widowed a few years now but her late husband, who had been older than her, had left her a decent pension and she was really happy out in the striking Appalachian Mountains.

Eventually our meal came to an end. It was full dark outside and after our long hike and death defying leap (okay, it was only three feet but if we'd slipped we would've been in big trouble) we were both tired and we wanted to make an early start the next day. We thanked her for putting us up and made our way to our warm and comfortable room. We were both soon asleep.

I awoke a few hours later listening to rain pattering against the window and Tim's deep breathing as he was soundly asleep. After a couple of glasses of wine, I was thirsty and decided to get up and fetch a glass of water from the kitchen. Carefully, so as not to disturb my friend, I got out of bed, slipped on my robe and quietly opened the door. A dim light came from the far end of the corridor and I cautiously made my way down towards the kitchen. Before I got there I passed an open door and glancing in I noticed Sue lying in bed reading a paperback by the warm, colorful light of a Tiffany glass lamp. She glanced up and looked at me over the top of her glasses.

"I'm just getting a glass of water. Is that alright?" I asked with a smile.

"Of course. Would you get me one, too?" she said.

I nodded and poured two glasses from a jug of filtered water she kept in the fridge. On my return I hovered at the threshold of her bedroom, in a way reluctant to enter her private sanctuary.

"Put it on my nightstand," she told me, looking up from her novel. She marked her place with a leather bookmark. I stepped into her bedroom and walked around her bed to the nightstand. I detected a scent of perfume, something floral, as I crossed. It was a pretty room with rose-printed drapes and a deep blue, intricately patterned Oriental rug. I set her glass down when Sue threw back the comforter.

"Join me?" she asked. She wore a shortie nightgown which stopped mid-thigh. It was white and sheer and showed off her full curves to perfection. My eyes were drawn to her large, dark brown nipples.

I grinned. "My pleasure."

My pleasure dimmed slightly when she asked, "Which one are you again? Tim or, or...?"

I was slightly annoyed that she didn't remember my name but couldn't blame her too much. She'd only met us that evening and we'd be gone tomorrow. Also, superficially, we came from the same mold. It's not like we were identical but Tim and I could have passed as brothers or cousins. Although I like to think I am slightly more leaner and rugged and taller and generally more handsome overall. And I have a bigger cock -- although he might say the same.

We both have pleasant, strong faces with brown eyes and square chins, not what women would call Hollywood handsome, but rugged and tanned from being outside on our hiking trip. We both have short, sandy hair; although mine is slightly fairer and designer stubble although that's more not bothering to shave than any deliberate intent. Both of us stand a little under six foot.

"Yes, I'm Tim," I said on an impulse, giving my buddy's name instead.

Sue moved over and I slipped in and lay beside her. I felt her body heat from the sheet beneath me and, of course, her own warm body next to me. She looked me in the eye before looking away.

"I don't usually do this but I've been widowed several years now. And I don't often get a hunky hiker staying with me; they're usually couples." she said in a low voice. "And a woman has needs, too." This last was little more than a whisper and her lips looked slightly downcast.

Her chestnut hair was tousled from her pillow while her breasts pushed against the thin cotton of her nightdress and I could better discern her nipples pushing against the fabric. Her arms were bare and toned and she had avoided those loose folds of flesh on her underarms.

I looked into her clear gray eyes, so different from my brown eyes.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Don't make me beg," she said. "If you're worried, I haven't had a period for over six months now."

That convinced me. I sat up and threw off my bathrobe. Sue looked at me and ran her hands over my torso feeling my abs. She touched my nipples and I thrilled to her touch.

"Close the door will you?" she said.

I swung my legs out of bed to shut the bedroom door. I was aware of her eyes watching my ass as I walked across the carpet so self-consciously I clenched my buttocks. I shut the door quietly and walked back to her bed. My cock was stiff and I was aware of it swinging from side to side as I returned.

"Nice cock," she said appreciatively. There was a slight smile on her face. "I see you keep it natural."

I looked down. I don't shave down there and I didn't think there was anything special about it. I wasn't ashamed to shower with the guys after sports practice but I wasn't like Darnell at the gym who had a cock that would frighten a horse. I felt it stiffen and rise up even more.

"Thanks," she said and her smile widened. As I reached the bed she put out a hand and cupped my hairy balls. She gently rolled and squeezed them and my cock rose up like the Empire State Building.

"Nice healthy balls," she said.

With her other hand she gripped my shaft and ran her hand up and down it. I groaned slightly as she ran her hand up and down. If possible, it grew even thicker. Sue leaned forwards, letting me see the tops of her milky white breasts as her wrap fell away. She kissed my tip and the sensations washed through from my highly sensitive glans and filled my mind. My hands clenched and unclenched as she did so. She licked my bell-end and savored my salty pre-cum. I groaned again, slightly louder this time. What with one thing and another, such as studying for exams, it had been a few weeks since I'd had sex with anyone except my hand and I was more than ready to fuck this woman good and hard. Sue looked up from her tonguing and I saw the eagerness in her eyes. She was ready.

She switched off her bedside lamp plunging the room into darkness and I heard her slide across the bed and pull off her wrap. I wondered if she was ashamed of her ageing body; if so she had no reason to be from what I had seen. I got in beside her and my hands sought out her breasts. They were warm and firm and filled my palms with their heat and vitality. My fingers found her nipples and I ran my fingertips over her areolas and in response both her nipples and areolar glands tightened and became rougher to my touch. Sue gave a little moan under my caress and her back arched.

I lowered myself down and took her left nipple into my mouth, my tongue flicking over it and suckling it. If possible it grew even longer and stiffer. I tasted her clean skin with the undertone of her shower gel but I also tasted salt and sweat from her arousal. I switched my attention to her right breast, suckling and licking and teasing that sensitive orb. Sue held my head in place as I breast fed. She squirmed beneath me uttering little gasps of pleasure. My free hand cupped her other breast giving that the attention it deserved. Her breasts were large, not too saggy with age, but still quite firm and supple.

Eventually, I broke away for air and my lips kissed my way down her body over her stomach, kissing the sweet dimple of her belly button and then down over the loose swell of her lower abdomen towards her sex. As I got closer to her honey pot my arousal grew harder if that were even possible. My cock felt like steel or titanium. I paused just above the cleft of her sex and lowered my lips. My hands slipped beneath her buttocks and I lifted her ass bringing her pussy up to my mouth. Sue writhed beneath me, needing and expecting to be fucked good and hard. But I wanted to make this so good for this remarkable woman. She hadn't had sex for a while and I was just as desperate to screw.

I kissed the start of her pussy and found she had shaved apart from a landing strip of hair. I kissed her cunt and my tongue penetrated the folds of her labia. Her inner lips were tucked away beneath her outer but my tongue parted them and I inhaled her sharp yet also malty natural aroma. Every woman has a slightly different scent but hers filled me with such joy. My tongue circled her clit, slowly at first but then faster and faster and I felt her jolt upwards as if she had been zapped with a slight bolt of electricity. I heard her moan with expectation. My tongue left her clit and slid down her wet, slippery pussy over her tiny urethra and to her vaginal canal itself. I pushed my tongue up into her love tunnel and it was immediately coated with her love-juices. I had rarely known such pleasure myself but I was so caught up in the moment. My tongue probed her vagina, exploring its depths before leaving her sexy warmth and up again to her clitoris which I circled again and again. Sue cried out with desperation and primal needs.

Probus888
Probus888
94 Followers
12