Her Roommate Returns! - FTDS

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I could've pursued her for all the money she spent on Clark, but I just wanted to burn that particular bridge. Clean the slate. Being tied up in court for two or three years, including all the associated time and legal expense just wasn't worth it.

Angie is now living and working in Grapevine, in the DFW Metroplex.

Clark Deering got out of prison and disappeared into the oil fields of the Permian Basin, where a pulse and the ability to pee clean were all that were required to take one of the thousands of available, well-paying energy jobs. He now reports to an Ector County P.O. only every other month and spends all his time and effort staying out of trouble.

Why the P.I. checking on them? After what they tried to do to me, I plan to keep track of them. Peace of mind, let's call it, and let it go at that.

As for Jennifer and me? Jennifer is in her senior year at Texas State in San Marcos, where she will complete her business degree in May. I've closed the stamp store, as the tempo of my life has picked up considerably. My Wagnerian goddess has added a meaning and a purpose I never had before. Our relationship is like a steady, smooth sailing vessel compared to my previous leaky rowboat. She's now wearing a beautiful engagement ring I gave her fifteen months after she walked into my stamp store. We've been taking it slow and easy, but we're getting married at a venue on Canyon Lake in June. Just a few close friends and family. About 300 of them, mostly Pace's and related.

Philately is still part of my life, and I continue to invest in and trade investment grade philatelic collectibles. The Pace Family Foundation and Trust, which I now run full time, takes up most of my working time. I sold the home on Lamar Street in Wescott, and renovated an old rural post-office building near Canyon Lake. It's a native limestone WPA building from the Depression era, which my cousin Diane Pace-Abell sold to me for a dollar. She saved it from a developer who wanted to build a block of condos on the site. The sale to me was on the condition that I renovate it as a home, yet keep the historical character of the original building.

Looking back, I went through hell for a while, but sometimes, you have to go through the fire to know the full measure of real happiness and peace on the other side. I know that my mother would have loved Jennifer. Maybe it was even Mom that sent her to me!

One can only dream.