Her Stolen Grace Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was Dustin.

He walked slowly, slightly leaning to one side and Amora noticed that his left arm was positioned in a sling. He looked...ill. Amora almost felt sorry for the knight's sickly appearance, but this was quickly remedied when he finally noticed her in the room.

Dustin had stopped his conversation with the headmaiden to give Amora an apoplectic look. Even from across the room, she could see the murder in his eyes. He must have come to the realization it was her who'd stolen his dagger. A bout of fear coursed throughout her body as Dustin abruptly turned in her direction.

She froze, waiting to see what he would do next. He took one step towards her, then another. Soon, he began making his way across the room to where she stood. An involuntary reaction was triggered within Amora. If she did not run, she was going to be killed. Without thinking, she ran over to Oliver, grabbing the small rapier he had attached to the back of his belt and yanking it free. Shouts and screams erupted from the inhabitants of the room as all eyes moved to her and her newly acquired weapon.

Dustin increased his pace towards her, although it appeared he was experiencing some pain. Oliver gawked at her in mortification, the poor lad not able to comprehend this quick progression of events. Before anyone could stop her, Amora pushed on the secret door, revealing its existence. Ignoring everyone else in the room, she opened the door and fled.

*

She could hear the shouts behind her. The thundering of footsteps echoing in the dark corridor, but she did not care. If she was caught, she would surely die. Either by Dustin's hand or the King's. Amora didn't like her chances of survival with either.

She kept forward.

It seemed like the passageway was a lot longer this time, her legs getting weak from running along the stoney path. She attempted to gather the skirts of her dress so that she could run better when she abruptly dropped the blade she held. Stopping, she turned around to go back and pick it up when she saw the knights trailing behind her. Scooping it up, Amora almost fell but managed to catch her balance as she whipped around and resumed her sprint. They were gaining on her, but she pressed on, she could see the door just a few feet in front of her. Turning sideways to prepare her body for the impact, she thrust her weight onto the door and fell through the door.

Amora gripped the handle of the foil as she stumbled back onto her feet, preparing to go through the clearing and into the woods.

She ran. Her lungs stung as the cold Jodellian air filled them, a stark change from the warmth of inside the castle. An arrow struck the ground just to the left of her, almost catching the hem of her dress. She stopped as another struck her shoulder, ripping the fabric of her dress and causing her to trip as she cried out in pain.

"Stop and surrender your weapon!" bellowed a voice not far behind her. Sacrificing her desire to grip her bleeding shoulder, Amora turned around to see several knights and archers at a stand before her, all with their weapons drawn. Dustin was among them, the same indignant look on his face. Though she was filled with fear, she positioned herself in stance with the small rapier. One of the knights took a step forward and called out to her again,

"Surrender your weapon!"

Neither responding nor complying, Amora stood fast, in half fear and half defiance. It felt like an eternity. The archers with their nocked arrows ready to fire at her, the other knights waiting for her move. It was an imposing sight, fifteen men on one side and one woman on the other. Amora would have been proud of herself if she hadn't thought in that very moment how close she was dying. The loudmouthed knight shouted to her once more,

"Surrender your weapon! You will not be told again!"

Amora looked behind her. It was only about fifty feet or so and she would have made it into the woods. The trees would cover her from the archers, but she'd be at a disadvantage in her current ensemble. She took another minute to consider the alternatives.

What did she want?

Her chances of survival if she continued in her escape were slim. Amora knew this. But it was just that.

A chance.

She would take it.

She turned around and dashed for the trees, waiting for the shouts and flying arrows to follow. Instead, she heard a voice.

"'Mora!"

A child's voice. A voice that made her stop in her tracks and drop the small sword.

Whipping around in disbelief she turned to see William standing near the entrance of the corridor, Levan trailing behind him.

And there, at the feet of the King with a rosy jubilant smile, was Ken.

**********

As always, feedback is appreciated! Thanks again for reading.

I.D.