Herbs and Alchemy Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"LUTHIA ZAZ!" The orcs crowed. Goddess has spoken.

Jayla picked up an abandoned tankard on the way and drank deeply. She sat down against the tent's center pole.

Tharo closed the flap behind him, "Well that was inspired. Where did that come from?"

Jayla pointed skyward and drew a circle. "Had an urge." She yawned and let her head thump against the post. Tharo arranged the blankets, gathered her up, lay down and wrapped himself around her. She turned and nestled into his collarbone. "So much for going savage."

He snorted, "No incentive."

__________

Dawn arrived and with it an attack from the East a mile south of the camp. Tharo pulled Jayla close, "Stay down, they'll call us soon."

Jayla held him tighter, reassured by the solid feel of his body against her and his slightly dusty smell. She listened to the noise outside the tent.

Tharo swallowed, "You are a killer now. It won't be the last time."

"He was going to kill Neela. Will I have as good a reason next time?"

His hand cupped the back of her head, she felt him breathe into her hair, "Yes."

She stared at his throat, the pulse that had first drawn her to touch him, "You have been wrong about things."

"Hope I am, but be ready for me to be right. Luthia chose you for a reason."

"Convenience, I'm guessing." She licked his neck.

Tharo chuckled, "Possibly. Time to get up."

The tent flap opened and a human gestured at them, "Go to the river. Move it."

Jayla moaned and stood. "It's so cold."

Tharo put a blanket around her shoulders, "You only need to put your feet in, you know."

They were marched to the river again, Jayla took a deep breath and sat on the edge of the dugout pool, putting both feet in the water, she shivered. Tharo sat next to her and took her hand, they said the words together.

Her vision clouded over with the orange haze, Tharo's eyes glowed bright gold. Something was different.

A litter was lain in front of her, the ends resting on either edge of the hole. The patient was a human soldier, an arrow in his leg and a slice to his gut.

Tharo spoke, "Not too deep, I've got this one, take care of his leg."

Jayla held back and let a little of the power trickle out, the patient thrashed and moaned, she put some energy into quieting him, but he was quickly taken care of. She whispered to him, "Take some time, no more fighting today." She hated the thought he could go off and kill more of her people.

An orc was next, a deep cut to her shoulder and back. She focused on the woman's aura and had to stop Tharo from healing the cut before she'd taken care of a nick to the fighter's kidney.

By the third patient Jayla had that sandblasted feeling, but most of her energy was spent keeping the power from flowing into the patients too fast. This one had a head wound, probably from a mace.

"This one is going to be hard." she whispered. They'd been wearing a helmet, so external wounds were minimal, but their aura had a dark grey mass the size of a fist below the surface. Another smaller one deeper in. "That's weird." She whispered, how did they get the small one?"

"This one is marked as a berserker, he probably had it before." Her partner said. She used the power to clear out the grey, but what was left didn't match hat was already there. "I don't know if he'll recover, he won't be the same." The patient was healed, but still unconscious.

Tharo gestured to one of the attending orcs, "Put him in your tent. He may have to relearn some things."

Jayla heard yelling, "No! Move them! This one is next! Move!" The people around her were nothing but vague shapes through the orange haze. A litter was slid in front of them and she felt they had more of an audience.

Tharo stood, keeping one foot in the water, "Hold!" He broke off the tip of his arm band and snapped it into pieces, "Put one of these under the tongue of each of the wounded, it will keep them from getting worse while we work on this one. Is that enough?"

One soldier spoke, "There are more from the other side, but..."

"Jayla, I need your stasis pills."

The herbalist snapped the end of her arm band off and handed it to the nearest human, "Anyone who needs it, Go!" She turned to the priority patient.

She heard the voice of the Shaman, "General Modent."

Tharo took a deep breath, "Good job Weston." He whispered.

The aura of the man was a clear greenish yellow, and for some reason she could see his body clearly as well. He had arrow wounds, one had punctured his lung and another had lodged in his sternum. Jayla had dealt with worse. She put her hands out and Tharo coughed to get her attention. "Give this one all you've got. Upend the vase."

Jayla glanced at her partner, he nodded. "Do it."

The herbalist took a deep breath and released all the energy she'd been keeping back, then pushed more into the man. She was blinded by a bright yellow blaze of power, she was warm, then hot, it felt like sparks were hitting her hands, her power and strength seemed to increase.

"Yes, keep doing it." Tharo rumbled in a surprisingly calm voice. She noticed he wasn't participating.

Jayla hurt, she felt sunburnt, there was a roaring in her ears and she still felt like sparks were hitting her skin. The glow brightened, like looking into a giant sun, then retreated with the power, though she felt some still cycling through her like water caught in an eddy.

"Let up!" Tharo yelled, more for the audience.

Jayla looked down with clear vision, the litter was empty save for a burnt spot where the General used to be. Sparks flew into the sky.

Jayla was seized with the urge to stand. Her vision went orange again and she scanned the crowd, Three stood out, dark shapes among the people, two men and an orc.

She put her right hand out toward one and was pinned in place by magic, as though someone had dropped a spear straight through her, energy shot out of her hand and the man burned away like an oil-soaked rag, her other hand went out to the other human with the same result. Tharo's hands faced the orc and shot out a pillar of light. The target area lit with sparks, and the enemy orc was gone, ashes and burnt clothing fluttered to the ground.

Terrified and rattled, her mind cast out for something to do and she saw other wounded, "Next!" She called. Mumbled conversation, hesitation, and a litter was put in front of her, the man had an arrow in his gut and she recognized him as one of the students from her town, she could see the magic of the stasis pill in his mouth and removed it. She gently let Luthia's power flow into him.

He coughed and touched her wrist, "Thank you Miss Thorntrail."

She patted his shoulder, "Be careful out there. Next!"

She felt physically stronger than she ever had, but the power was had faded a bit, she found she didn't have to put much effort into holding it back. Tharo still had one foot in the water and appeared to be keeping guard. The Shaman hovered.

"I never did get your name, Shaman." Jayla said as she let magic flow into another patient.

"Mavek."

"Mavek of Maoor."

"Maoor and Gorvek."

"I have not heard of Gorvek."

"Warrior. Woodsman. Peaceful but not harmless. Luthia has him." Still no indication as to the Shaman's gender.

An arrow whizzed past Tharo's head and an archer turned into a pillar of flame. Jayla saw that Tharo was now glowing as well, brightly, and continued to keep watch over her as she worked.

Finally the last of the badly wounded were taken care of. Jayla, overwhelmed, fell into the river. The water snapped and crackled around her, rushing past her ears. She felt wind on her face and took a shallow breath. Tharo's arms encircled her and pulled her under the water. He sat on the bottom of the river. She was still glowing, and could barely hear shouts and magic going off up the bank. She looked up and saw a litter float away.

Be still, don't banish it yet. Tharo sent. We come out like the Goddesses own guardians and start giving orders, got it? Hang on.

Tharo turned her so she was facing him, she put her arms around his neck and he surged out of the water, leaping onto the bank. They separated and stood shoulder to shoulder, facing the crowd.

"BRING YOUR WISEST MAN! THIS WAR ENDS NOW." The little orc boomed in a voice that could be felt in the guts of every spectator.

Jayla stood, glowing, with her arms out, scanning for threats and ready to unleash on anyone else. The orcs knelt and lay down their weapons, some of the human soldiers followed suit, others sought cover.

A blast of flame and lightning up the hill, surrounding an unfortunate combatant. He had a crossbow aimed at you. Tharo sent.

"Hello Jayla."

Jayla looked to her left and not ten feet away was a cloaked Captain Weston.

The Captain smiled and removed her hood, gesturing up the hill, "By all means, carry on."

The herbalist realized she was gaping at the Captain, shut her mouth and went back to scanning the crowd.

The Shaman marched down the hill with a man in front of them. "This one."

The man looked terrified. Jayla's hands were still glowing and she felt raw, realizing she'd been out of the water for some time. She cleared her throat and gazed at the prisoner. Older, a bit of a belly but the solid build of a farmer. He dropped his gaze and sighed.

"You're a farmer."

"Fifth generation at least." He said flatly.

"And now you want to be a Baron?"

"No! No Ma..G...My Lady?"

Jayla stifled a smile at his struggle with titles. "WOULD you be a baron if it were given to you?"

His dark brown eyes met hers, "It depends on why, My Lady."

Jayla spoke to the crowd, "DO YOU KNOW THIS MAN?"

Affirmatives.

"WOULD YOU ACCEPT HIM AS RELACEMENT FOR YOUR GENERAL?"

A massive shout from almost everyone.

"By the power vested in me by Luthia, Goddess of war and plenty, I declare you Baron..."

"Jorn. Soras Jorn." He took a breath of relief and resignation.

Jayla touched her index finger to his forehead, leaving a small white star on his dark skin.

"Baron Soras Jorn. Lead these people to peace and good crops. The old Baron's family may work under him or find a new place for themselves."

Jayla shook her hands, as though they would stop glowing. She scowled.

The new Baron turned to the crowd and raised his hands in thanks. He turned back to Jayla and whispered, "We still won't have enough food until autumn."

Jayla looked for her friend, "Captain Weston?"

"Luthia Zutag Zi." Weston said formally.

"Can we arrange a tithe from the stores for this year in exchange for peace?"

"Some, I don't think it will be enough, though."

"Damn. Get the Eastern Orc leader and..."

Tara waved her hand in dismissal, "Tharo just incinerated him."

I am here, Luthia. Jayla heard an unfamiliar voice in her head.

"Maoor." Tharo whispered. A great thundering noise was heard from the West. It grew louder. Tharo snapped his fingers at Soras, "I think your food problems are solved." He pointed toward the noise just in time for hundreds of grazers to crest the hill a mile off. "Use them wisely." They all watched the herds come in, Maoor riding the largest of the deer. The herd turned and settled around the camp, some went to drink and others merely started eating grass.

The Shaman strode out to meet her, "Mother!" Maoor slid off the beast and they embraced. Free of its enchantment, the deer turned and bolted for the herd. The two stood and spoke quietly.

"Tharo Stonehammer! You have bones to pick with me!" Maoor approached, smiling. She bowed to him and Jayla, "Luthia's own."

"My ring." Tharo gestured to his belly.

Maoor reached out and flicked it, "It only had protection runes to discourage people from attacking you, and those probably wore off years ago. I'm surprised you wore it this long."

"You said it was to keep me from getting into fights...! Oh."

The ancient Orc-elf's face wrinkled with a knowing smile. "People are safe around you if you want them to be. I am glad to see you well. Now, we have peace to negotiate." Maoor turned to Soras and Weston.

Tharo put his arm around Jayla. "You all can divvy up the spoils, myself and the Herbalist still have a further duty to Luthia."

Jayla looked at him curiously and blushed when his predatory gaze met hers. "You going to come with me or should I carry you?" He rumbled.

Before she could respond she was in his arms and Tharo was marching up the hill.

Tharo shouldered his way into the tent and placed Jayla on her feet. "Well, that happened." She said dumbly. "You're still wearing your manacles."

Tharo loomed over her, "I think they're kinda sexy. And you're stalling." She nodded. He stepped closer, his toes touching hers, "Nervous?" He grinned. "Maybe you should be." His thumb traced her bottom lip. "I am feeling a bit... Savage."

Jayla trembled before him, her voice was embarrassingly quiet, "I just killed three people."

"You were merely the sword the Goddess wielded." He shifted with impatience, "You have saved far more." He tangled his fingers in her hair, pulled her head back and leaned over her, staring into her eyes, his expression stormy.

Jayla's heart pounded in her chest and she felt her body shed its trance and begin to respond. "Oh Tharo." His mouth was on her neck, tusks hard on her pulse "Oh Tharo." He untied the rope around her waist and pushed her wrap off, his lips marching down toward her breasts. Jayla whimpered and put a hand on his shoulder to steady herself as his tongue circled a nipple, he took the other and rolled it between his fingers. "Oh Goddess!" She cried out and gripped the back of his neck.

He continued his assault, listening for a signal. He took her nipple into his mouth and sucked hard, growling.

The vibration of his voice was oil on the fire of her libido, her breath quickened, coming in shallow gasps.

Tharo smiled, his hand wandered to her cleft, fingers dipped into her as a surge of desire short through her. His lips found her ear, "There we go. That's my good girl."

"Am... Not." She panted, not even letting magic-fueled lust destroy her innate obstinance.

His other arm left her breast and embraced her, pulling her into him, his shaft granite hard against her side. "You want to be. My gorgeous battleaxe." His fingers plunged into her, exploring, "If not, why are you so wet?"

Jayla gasped and writhed on his hand, trying to maneuver toward release. She whined when she found she couldn't get the angle quite right.

Tharo chuckled darkly, "I know you, woman. You have to ask."

She grimaced in frustration and rocked her hips away from him, he removed his hand, curious. "Do I?" she said through clenched teeth. "Don't you want me?" She scowled, her eyes narrowed.

His hands rested lightly on her hips and he poked her belly with his shaft, "Of course I do."

She leaned forward and tensed just slightly, "Then shut. Up. And fuck me." With that, she grabbed his shoulders, jumped up and wrapped her legs around his waist. Tharo caught her instinctively, his cock barely brushing her lower lips.

He loosed a moan of surrender and his head dropped back, tusks catching the lamplight "Luthia Oak Kuuz." He simultaneously thrust his hips forward and dropped her onto him, sighing as the sensation of being engulfed by her hot sheath took him.

Jayla fought for control as he Thrust into her, schooling her voice to remain steady, "That's right, orc. You are Mine." She bit his chest and squealed as his full length stretched her insides.

He walked her to the blankets and fell to his knees, leaning forward and laying her down on the ground, he dug his fingers into her hips and set a maddeningly slow cadence that promised to keep Jayla on the edge for as long as he wanted. Her legs still around him, she tried to set her own pace and speed him up. She roared with frustration. "GAH! Tharo Damnit!"

His fingers dug deeper, bruising her skin, "Say it for me. Say it." She saw sweat glistening on his forehead, eyes half-lidded with concentration, teeth grinding and jaw jutting outward, his chest and arms bulged with barely controlled muscle that jumped and strained. Still he thrust in, deliberately missing her most sensitive spot.

Jayla shook her head and her glow brightened, hands and chest began to illuminate Tharo's straining torso, She stared down at where their bodies met. "Please." She whispered "Please give me release."

The orc stopped for a moment to control himself, the tension flowed out of him and he, too glowed faintly orange. His jaw dropped open, tusks pointed at the sky, "Yes." He whispered. He pulled out and motioned her to turn over, his hands found her hips again and his strange shaft slid in easily, he gracefully rolled his hips, tracing her pleasure spot, then aimed for it, carefully controlled thrusts immediately sent her adrift on high seas of ecstasy, her desperate panting moans telling him all he needed to know.

Jayla's vision went orange, the air felt heavy in her mouth, the muscles around her core and below took over and began to pull him in deeper, "Laiga Aki! So close!"

Tharo's instincts decided they'd had enough of his precision and wrested control from his conscious, he couldn't stop himself from thrusting fully into her; "Does this... Feel small.. to you?" She heard his breath change, his claws thoroughly snagged her hips. She turned her head to a terrifying sight: Haloed in orange fire, lips curled back, jaw slack, all his teeth bared, yellow eyes ablaze through it all as he pounded into her. She turned away and closed her eyes, her core muscles cramped painfully and she felt something give, a wave took her and she was coming like a flash flood. She shuddered and seized, pushing onto him, her back arched and she gushed over his shaft, her arms gave out and her face was on the floor, gasping and crying out.

Tharo's knees spread her legs apart, limiting her motion as he continued to pull her onto him and rock into her. "Right behind you." He said, strained, his rhythm sped, lost tempo and he was arching into her, he roared as his body heaved, strained, and finally shuddered, pumping seed into her grasping sheath. Magic flared around them, and she was still cumming. She felt his corona snap open and lock them together and still...

Tharo's grip on her hips loosened, his head back, eyes closed, taking in the sensation.

The power grew, they were engulfed in orange magic, sweat poured off of them. Jayla felt something new: The hot, fiery crackling of the Goddess' magic worked its way from the top of her head down to where they were joined, she was hit with another strong, continuous wave of orgasm, she felt Tharo twitch as the magic spread into him, he came again, crying out helplessly, the power engulfing him as well. He managed to fall forward and catch himself on his hands, his legs spread, and put his arms under her, laying on top of her, keeping his weight on his elbows, feeling her pitch and surge beneath him, pulling on his staff as it, too continued to twitch and deliver its load into her. He rocked his hips in tiny thrusts, his corona keeping him from full motion and only allowing him deeper. He became concerned it wasn't stopping.

Jayla was overcome by burning magic, her body continued to twitch, she still came, drooling onto the blanket and soaking Tharo's shaft. Tharo whimpered with worry, his chin resting on the top of her head in exhaustion. Just when he thought it was subsiding his staff would swell and hitch deeper into her, then his testicles and stomach would seize and he'd cum again, painfully, his stones felt empty and dry, his muscles burned. Please don't let us die this way. He thought after the fourth time. He felt Jayla's cervix stretch around his head and knew that had to be painful, he was still hooked into her and tried to keep his body from doing any more damage.