Hero Worship Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes it is." She said it a little too quickly for me to believe it, and her cheeks colored further as she bowed her head. "It's my middle name."

"And?"

"And what?"

"Are you gonna tell me, or do I have to sneak into your wallet and look at your license while you sleep?"

Taylor sat back in her chair, looking mightily embarrassed. "Well, Esther is one of two books in the Bible named after a woman. The other is Ruth."

"Ruth? Really?"

"Yup, you can understand why I dropped it. I made the change when I came out to Pepperdine."

"Well, a rose by any other name. You're still stupidly sexy." My grin spread as she blushed.

We finished our meal, and as I climbed on her bike wrapped my arms around her waist I wondered what more there was to the story. She was clearly estranged from her family, and they appeared to be very religious, so it didn't take a genius to make an educated guess as to what had happened.

A great swell of pity rose up inside me. I liked to pretend I was all independent and self sufficient, but in truth my family was my rock. If they were to disown me, I don't know how I'd survive. What would that be like, cast adrift in a cruel world? She didn't deserve that. I hugged her tight and laid my head on her shoulder as we pulled away. She needed to be loved and cherished, no matter how hard she'd deny it. She was a hero, after all. My hero.

We eventually pulled into a warehouse park, and Taylor drove down the length to the far north end. We passed loads of workmen and trucks, but the building we approached had a makeshift parking lot near huge sliding doors at one end. As I removed my helmet I noted there were multiple vehicles, all of them a bit eclectic.

As we entered I could hear the tink-tink of a hammer and chisel, along with other, unfamiliar noises. The cavernous building was a riot of colors and equipment, including several machines I had never seen before.

"This is my space." Taylor motioned toward the near right corner, where a large L-shaped work table and bench were pushed against the wall. Several bins with assorted pieces of metal sat underneath, and a number of more polished pieces were displayed on a shelf.

"Did you make those?"

Taylor nodded. "There's an art show in October that I share a booth at. I try to have two dozen pieces or so ready." She pulled a heavy cloth off a neighboring table, where several other less finished sculptures sat. "The smaller ones sell better, so I focus on those. If I'm lucky I might get a commission or two off it. That's where I can actually make some money. Not enough to live on, but..." Taylor shrugged.

"Can I?" I moved toward the shelf with the completed pieces, and Taylor extended her hand in invitation. I picked one up. It was heavier than I expected. Curving metal created waves crashing into a sea cliff. As I shifted the sculpture, the waves seemed to dance with metallic colors. As I turned it back and forth Taylor Spoke.

"It's a special prismatic wash that a friend of mine developed at school. Unfortunately it doesn't stand up in weather."

"How much will this sell for?" I still couldn't take my eyes off it.

"I'll price it at $300, but I'll probably take anything above two."

I carefully set it back on the shelf. "These are beautiful." Most of her pieces were evocative of the sea in some way, sometimes abstract, sometimes less so, but always the influence of the water was there. As I inspected them Taylor's nervous energy was almost palpable as she hovered. I turned back towards her and took her hand. "Sweetie, are you okay?"

"I, um, don't show people this, my work, I mean."

"But you go to shows. You said you have a booth."

"Those are strangers." She shook out her hand. "Mostly, anyway, and I'm, well, mentally ready then. And, um, you, ah..."

I moved closer to her, letting my hands tease up her bare arms and looking up into her eyes. "I make you nervous?"

Taylor drew a hitched breath. "Maybe a little."

"I like that." I let my palm run up over her shoulder to the back of her neck and I pulled her down into a kiss, and I could feel her body shudder against mine. God, she was so sexy. It took a force of will to end the kiss and pull away while keeping my voice steady. "Now just pretend I'm not here." I patted her on the shoulder while she smirked at me and went to her locker, where she put on a heavy shirt and got out gloves, a heavy mask and welding equipment.

I went over to the bench and sat down as my new paramour's lovely face disappeared behind a metal shield, and she set to work on some of the small pieces at her table. At first she explained some of the things she was doing, but after a half hour her work began to absorb her.

At first it was fascinating, especially once she really began to focus. There was a passion and desire for perfection that was clear, but what was really intoxicating was her total concentration.

But even with the best of intentions, my mind did start to wander after a time. I played a bit on my phone, answering a couple of "Can't wait to see you" texts from my sorority sisters, including one from Evelyn, the chapter president for the year. A bit more time passed, and I started poking around a little at the space, looking at some of the tools and cast off pieces. I saw a notebook, poking out from one of the metal shelves.

I pulled it out and flipped it open. Inside were sketches, some of which I could match up with the finished pieces I'd seen. As I continued to leaf through the book I could see how each vision took shape before being expressed in metal. Taylor really was a talented artist in many ways. I turned the page again and gasped.

I was looking in from the sea where a young woman stood on the shore alone. There was fear, almost panic in her eyes, and she looked familiar. On the next sheet my suspicions were confirmed, and my own face looked back at me from the page. On the facing side was another image of me, this time my eyes closed, chin lifted like I was luxuriating in a warm ray of sunlight.

My mouth hung open slightly as I gently touched the image. It was beautiful, far more beautiful than I thought I really was. I turned the page, and there was another of me smiling beatifically up at something I couldn't see, and another of me running, looking back over my shoulder laughing. There were more, almost a dozen, each lovingly sketched. I couldn't stop looking at them.

"I drew them the night after I met you."

I gasped, looking up into Taylor's eyes. She took the sketchbook and sat down next to me, her voice soft and intense. "I came here after the rescue, after they made me give the report. I figured I'd be seeing your sister in my sleep for weeks, but the only thing I could think about was you. Kept seeing your face when I closed my eyes." She lovingly touched one of the sketches. "And then you reappeared. Thought I was dreaming."

The way she was looking at her drawing filled my heart. That anyone could talk about me, my face, with such depth of feeling, well, it's truly indescribable. I couldn't speak, so I reached up and grabbed the front of her shirt, pulling her down to me. Her lips met mine, and I could feel the passion behind them in every part of my body.

As we broke apart I caressed her cheek. "You're so sweet."

"So you're not mad?"

I chuckled. "Taylor, what do you think I was doing while you were drawing these? I was lying in bed, thinking about you." I turned back to the sketches. "So are these going to just stay in this book forever?"

She didn't say anything, but went over to the side of her workbench, where a tarp was covering something. She wheeled it over and pulled back the concealing fabric, revealing a frame of iron. "This is the start. I know it doesn't look like anything yet, but it will."

I could almost see the vague outline of a human face. "So just my disembodied head, then. Neat."

Taylor smirked at me. "Maybe for this one. I've never done a face this size before, so it's a trial. What I really want is this. She flipped back to the beginning of the sketch book, to a drawing of a faceless woman floating above the ground, her arms thrown back, her gown loose and rippling in the wind.

"I've always wanted to do this. I mean big, set on a hill overlooking the ocean, something like that. I never knew what the face should look like though. I do now."

I took the book away, closed it and set it aside before wrapping my arms around her neck. As we kissed again, I tried to make sense of the swirl of emotions roiling inside me. By the time we separated, the only thing I was sure of was that I could fall for this woman, if I hadn't already.

- Taylor -

It was a little after four thirty as we rode back toward town. Aly's arms were wrapped around my waist, making my heart beat a little faster than normal. I couldn't believe I'd let her see my sketches. I'd never shown them to anyone, ever. But I didn't feel violated, or exposed. Aly seeing them seemed completely natural, normal even. And that's what I couldn't get my head around.

I'd first laid eyes on this girl just four days ago. Four days, and I was already taking her to meet Jen and Vicky? Was I crazy? Yeah, I think so.

When we arrived back to my apartment I told Aly to make herself at home as I jumped in the shower. I'd just started to enjoy the water when the shower door slid to the side and her curvy, petite shape joined me. I felt her warmth press up against me.

"You worked hard today. Let me take care of you."

Aly's voice was sultry and soft, and made me melt. She already had a washcloth, and slowly she started running it over my body. I surrendered myself to her attentions, reveling how good it felt to be pampered like this. My lover washed me slowly. I held her wrist as she tried to move it down my body, pushing it away. "No, no. No time for that."

"Ohh, please?" She whined pathetically.

In response I slid a hand behind my neck and pulled her up for a long, languid kiss. "I promise I'm going to let you take good care of me tonight, after dinner." I took my turn with the shower poof, and I had to pull my own hand away from her sex at least twice. She's just so damn hot.

Eventually we were toweling each other off, exchanging little kisses and cuddles that were making me crazy, but not as much as her little giggles and bright eyes were.

She went back into the bedroom to get dressed, and I sat down heavily on the toilet lid, my hand running through my short hair as I tried to collect my thoughts. I couldn't help the silly grin on my face, but still the demons still whispered at me from the corners of my mind. She was going to go back to school and forget about me. Just another spoiled rich girl looking to walk on the wild side for a few days before going back to her safe, comfortable life.

But this time, the demons were failing to convince me. Or maybe I just desperately wanted them to be wrong, I wasn't sure. I remember reading somewhere that people will more easily believe things they wish to be true, or fear to be true, and I knew I was caught right in the middle of that statement. I wanted this to be real. I wanted a relationship so badly, something I hadn't been able to admit to myself since Gillian had left.

But at the same time the more I wanted it, the greater the fear. That scared little girl inside of me never wanted to go through that kind of pain again. I was terrified of it. Me, the big bad butch, badass metal-slinging lifeguard, was absolutely petrified of having her heart broken again.

So which was it? Was I imagining this could be something real, or was I sabotaging something really promising because of my fear? My fingers raked through my hair over and over, hopes and terrors jousting in my brain.

"Sweetie? You gonna be much longer? We don't want to be late."

Aly's voice ran like water over my jangled nerves, her sunshine breaking through the clouds in my mind. And I, for a wonderful, albeit brief, moment of clarity, I knew exactly what I wanted. I wanted to be with her, so I stood up, wrapped myself in a robe and walked back into the bedroom.

Aly was putting in a pair of earrings, her soft brown hair pinned back, showing off her perfect neck. She wore a white and blue off the shoulder blouse, one with those poofy short sleeves and a ruffled bust line, all over those form fitting blue jeans. The creamy white skin of her shoulders and chest was flawless, and the curve of her hips made me shudder.

"How do I look?" She turned in a playful circle, arms outstretched like a little girl in her first Easter dress.

She was a vision. I saw her mid twirl, frozen for all time in one of my sculptures, happiness radiating from her forever, but all I could say was, "Aly... wow."

She grinned innocently and skipped over, kissing me on the cheek. "Thank you, sweetie." She stepped away and tried to look stern. "Now get dressed. I don't want to make a bad first impression."

"Ok, fine, but not while you watch, you're too distracting."

"Alright." Aly pouted and walked past me out to the sofa, grabbing my butt as she did. I threw on some underwear and a tight pair of black jeans that really showed off my ass. Two could play at that game, after all. I picked one of my best, silkiest button downs, which I thought emphasized what breasts I had to full advantage. I stepped back in the bathroom, messed with my hair a minute, and decided to call it good.

"OK, ready to go?" I walked around the sofa and watched Aly's eyes go wide.

She grinned up at me. "You look amazing." I was feeling a little smug until I stood up, a wicked grin on her face. My breath caught as she stepped closer, rising onto her tiptoes, lips inches from my ear. "I'm going to be thinking about getting you out of those clothes all night."

With that she planted a tongue intensified kiss on my neck that made me shudder, and headed towards the door to put on her shoes.

I drew a deep shuddering breath before I followed her. That girl had me wrapped around her finger, and we both knew it. And I loved it.

We made our way down to Jen and Vicky's front door and I rang the bell. Usually I'd just go in through the garage, but I wanted this to be a little more formal. Her hand slipped into mine as she let go a deep breath.

I looked down at her. "Are you nervous?"

She grinned shyly. "A little."

"Aly, if this is too fast..."

"No, no, I'm fine. I want to meet your friends." She squared her shoulders and turned toward the door, which began to open.

"Hey!, you guys are just in time!" Jen stepped back from the door and Aly entered as I followed.

"Aly, this is Jen, my boss and my friend."

"It's a pleasure, Aly."

"Thanks, same here." Aly was really looking up, as Jen was six-two.

"Well come on in, have a seat, can I get you something? Coffee, Beer, Water?"

"Sure, I'll take some water." Aly sat on the sofa and smiled up at Jen, who nodded and headed into the kitchen. As I sat down next to she pulled my arm around her. "Jen is really tall."

"Yeah. You see those over there, right?" I pointed to a wooden and glass cabinet. A number of trophies and medals were tastefully displayed in the lit interior.

"Wow." Aly leaned forward, taking them in. "She was really into volleyball, huh?"

"Actually, I was a professional for eight years after I left school." Jen handed Aly a water glass and me a beer before sitting down and crossing her long legs.

"Professional? Really?"

"Yep, until I tore up my shoulder. I was good though." She pointed to a picture on one of the shelves, where a younger version of herself was standing on the beach in a sport bikini, her arm around the shoulder of a shorter, darker haired woman, attired the same and wearing sunglasses. They both had one hand on a huge trophy, while Jen's partner held a volleyball, with the brand logo blatantly displayed.

"Did you ever play in the Olympics?"

"No, I wasn't really good enough for the national team in indoor, although I worked out for them a few times. I was better on the sand, and unfortunately my partner was Canadian, so during trials I always had to find someone else, and it was never the same. Still, I got to travel the world, made some good money and picked up a souvenir or two along the way."

She nodded toward the kitchen, where a voice with an exotic accent sounded. "Are you calling me a souvenir again?"

I heard Aly gasp as Vicky entered the room, wearing an oven mitt and apron. This was a common reaction around Vicky, who was, in a word, stunning. She had smooth olive skin with lustrous hair of the deepest brown. Combining those with sparklingly bright green eyes and a perfect hourglass figure, she was a knockout. Her rich Brazilian accent topped everything else.

"Yup. Hi, sweetie. Aly this is my wife, Vicky"

Vicky unsuccessfully tried to hide the girlish glee on her face. "Aly, bem vindo, welcome to our home." When Aly took her offered hand Vicky pulled her to her feet, kissing her on both cheeks before turning back to Jen. "Oh, she is lovely."

Aly's cheeks colored. "Thanks for having me."

Vicky clapped her hands. "It is truly our pleasure. We worry about this one sometimes." Vicky smiled and looked at Aly a moment longer before heading back into the kitchen. A moment later her voice drifted back into the living room. "Meu amor, could you help for a moment?"

Jen popped up from her chair. "Just a sec, ladies."

Aly sat back down and cuddled into my shoulder. "Vicky looks familiar."

"Yeah, remember the 'Persuasion' commercials? The perfume one with the woman in a bikini walking through a waterfall and coming out in an evening gown?"

Aly covered her hand with her mouth. "Oh, my God!"

"Yup. You've seen her on billboards and in TV shows and movies, too, generally as a background babe."

"Background babe?"

I chuckled. "Sure, you know when James Bond walks by the pool and there are three or four stunning women in the background?"

"Ahh, like the bad guy's girlfriend?"

"Exactly."

After a few more minutes Jen popped her head and called us in to dinner, and for the first time I noticed the aroma emanating from the kitchen. I should have known Vicky would be making my favorite, rich beef and mushroom stroganoff with mashed potatoes. I know most people serve stroganoff over noodles or rice, but I'm from Idaho so, potatoes.

I won't bore you with all of the dinner conversation, but it would be safe to say that Aly was the center of their attention. She adorably recounted our meeting and that first lunch where I'd kissed her.

"Oh, God, even that one I could feel all the way to my toes." Aly looked at me with the sweetest smile, her eyes soft and adoring, head tilting to the side. It made my breath catch that anyone could look at me that way. My mouth quirked up into a smile and I gazed back at her like an idiot. It was so easy to lose myself in her.

Moments later Jen's chuckle brought me back to Earth. It also triggered all the blood in my body to rush into my cheeks.

"Aly, I can honestly say I've never seen her like this." Jen said, while Vicky nodded her agreement.

Aly just kept looking at me. "What can I say? I'm irresistible."

She was just like that, cute, funny, and by the end of dinner Aly had them both completely wrapped around her little finger. And they weren't the only ones. Afterwards we decided to break out a board game, Ticket to Ride, which Aly had never seen before. It's sad how many people haven't.

Anyway, Aly got her first taste of how competitive I could be, and Jen, a former professional athlete, was the exact same way At least now Vicky had someone else who didn't take things quite so seriously. Of course, not being overly competitive does not mean that Vicky wasn't trying, and being really smart on top of absolutely gorgeous was a big advantage, so she smoked us all.