Hero Worship Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

- Taylor -

I could still feel the tingle on my lips from Aly's last kiss. Her face swam in my mind, the memory of those soft brown eyes making my insides go all fuzzy. I wanted to see her again, but I wouldn't be the one to make contact. She didn't want me, no matter what she was telling herself now. She had no idea what it meant to be gay, even in a place like North L.A. And when faced with those pressures, when she had to choose, she wouldn't choose me. And it would be easier on everyone if that happened sooner rather than later.

I tried to keep my focus on my swimmers, and I did okay. Luckily it was a cloudy morning, so the numbers were down. Or maybe it wasn't lucky, and bigger crowds would have made me concentrate more. As it was I had little to do but think about the petite brunette who'd shared my bed the last two nights. She wasn't going to be there tonight, however, and I was going to miss her.

The sun finally broke through a little afternoon, about the same time as Jen showed up with my relief for lunch. The truck was empty, so I knew I was her last stop.

"Hey, Taylor, grab some lunch?" I nodded, despite the fact I knew she was going to talk about Aly. God, I never should have brought her to dinner last night.

We finished our noodles from the truck we'd chosen with only a little small talk, but when she'd set down her bowl Jen leaned back in her chair. "So?"

I shrugged my shoulder and tried to look confused. "So what?"

"Uh-huh. Are you freaking out yet?"

"About what?"

"About that girl who couldn't keep her eyes off you last night. Or her hands, for that matter."

I tried unsuccessfully to hide a blush, which made Jen's mouth quirk up into a half smile. "She's going back to school Monday."

"And then she forgets about you?"

"Most likely."

"Taylor, you know, not everyone is like that." She leaned forward. "I mean, look at Vicky. After I messed up my shoulder and had to stop playing, she could've dumped me. Probably should've, the way I moped around. Not everyone is bound and determined to hurt you."

"I know, I know."

"So, are you going to call her?"

I shook my head. "She said she'd be really busy this weekend."

"Did she say she'd call?"

I nodded, feeling far more embarrassed than I had a right to be. Mostly because of how badly I wanted her to.

"She will, y'know."

"Uh-huh."

"I can tell, the way she was looking at you. She doesn't strike me as the type to fade away. I think it'll be tough to get rid of her,"

I smiled in spite of myself, and the rest of the afternoon passed by. After climbing in the truck after my shift I looked at my phone, where a message from Aly had popped up.

Aly -- I hope you had a great day being a hero! I'm gonna miss being in your arms tonight.

A couple of hearts surrounding a kissing emoji followed. Normally that would make me roll my eyes. Instead a warm, fuzzy feeling spread through my chest as I looked at it. God, could this possibly be different? Probably not. Please, please, please be different.

- Aly -

Dinner was odd that night. It's not like I'd never had a secret from my parents before, like a bad grade on a test, or the fact I'd gone to a party I wasn't supposed to, but never anything like this.

I'd had a long heart to heart with my cat, just talking through what I already knew. Taylor made my mind and body spin. For the first time in my entire life I couldn't take my mind off someone. Obviously, I'd had the best sex of my admittedly short life over the last two nights (and mornings). It'd been a little like plopping someone who'd only eaten rice their entire life in front of the buffet at the Bellagio in Vegas.

But it wasn't just that. Being with Taylor had just been, well, good. Like nothing I'd ever experienced being around a guy. Before this, relationships had always just felt forced. I realized that now. Isn't it weird how a riddle can seem completely unfathomable until you see the solution, and then it becomes blindingly obvious?

Unfortunately realizing I was a lesbian was only the tip of the iceberg, and the first test of that came now. I endured some good-natured ribbing from my sister regarding my forty-eight hour date, but my parents headed off the worst of it, mostly I think because my dad was not keen on any details.

Still, all evening I felt as if I were an outsider, almost like I was watching from afar. My connection to my parents and sister felt damaged. I'd never realized how central that connection was to my sense of self until that night. I really felt adrift. My mom, who was almost as good at reading people as Sadie, knew something was up, and she tried to wheedle it out of me while I was helping her with the dishes.

"Everything okay, honey? You seem stressed."

I shrugged my shoulders and put on what I hoped was a confused expression. "I don't think so."

"You haven't told us much about your date. It must have gone well. You gonna see him again?"

"I hope so." I filled up the soap dispenser in the dishwasher and closed it up, trying to act nonchalant while my heart thudded in my chest.

"Are we going to get to meet this one?" Mom gave me a little half smile. "Or are you just going to leave your father imagining the worst?"

"Maybe, but it's early days still. You understand?"

"Sure." Mom turned and looked me in the eye. "Are you being careful?"

"Mom!"

"Don't 'mom' me, you still live under my roof. I only have one more year to mother you, and I intend to make the most of it. Now, are you being careful?"

Well I could answer this one honestly. Taylor was definitely not going to get me pregnant. "Yes, mother."

It wasn't long after that I was able to escape up to my room, where my phone, which was not allowed at the dinner table, was charging. I flipped it over, making a little happy noise when I saw the text from Taylor. It was amazing how the sight of her name made all the anxiety from dinner just drain away.

- Taylor -

As I stared at my phone I couldn't believe what I was doing. It was just shy of ten, and Aly and I had been texting for over an hour. I never did shit like this, and I made fun of people who did.

The very rare times a girl knew how to contact me, I'd have been freaked if they'd done it the day after we'd slept together. But this I didn't mind. I'd offered to call her, but she was worried about snooping kid sisters, so we stuck to texting. I talked a lot about the October art fair that I was gearing up for, and what I was planning for it, and she told me about what she was planning for her last year at USC, especially her senior design project.

Aly -- I picked Prof. Del Vecchio as my advisor. I don't think anyone else wanted him.

Me -- Why not?

Aly -- Toughest prof in the department. I was thinking I wanted the challenge. Now I'm thinking that was stupid.

Me -- LOL. That's so you.

Aly -- What's that mean?

She included a confused emoji so I'd know she wasn't actually mad.

Me -- Nothing.

Aly -- No, really.

I had to think about it for a minute.

Me -- You're the most courageous person I've ever met.

Aly -- Aww, Shucks. Bashful emoji. How so?

Me -- I've seen you march up to a lesbian and demand she ask you out, pull her out onto a dance floor, the way you are in bed. And I've barely known you a week.

Aly -- And how am I in bed? Devil emoji.

I could feel myself blushing as I thought about my response.

Me -- Innocent but confident. Bold and adventurous, but thoughtful and sweet. Able to accept and give. You don't know how rare that is.

Aly -- You know I was absolutely terrified every one of those times, right?

Me - But you did it anyway. Courage isn't the absence of fear, it's the ability to overcome it. And you do. You're amazing.

Aly - Another bashful emoji. I wish I could be amazing with you now.

Me -- Me too.

God, I really meant that.

Aly -- What are you doing tomorrow night?

I stopped and thought for a second. The truth was that Jared and his multiple roommates were having a party. I'd been invited or course, although I wouldn't stay late because I was working. If I told Aly and she wanted to go, what would I say? I'd already introduced her to Jen and Vicky after all, but that had just kind of happened. And there'd been a strange car parked in their driveway for two days. I would've had to tell them something. This was more like making a plan to show off my new girlfriend. Was that what she was?

For the first time in forever that thought didn't fill me with fear and anger. And I knew that the surest way to make this not go anywhere was to start off by lying to her. So I told her about the party.

Aly -- Out looking for your next conquest?

That kind of cut me to the quick. Did she think I'd be cheating on her already? But it wouldn't be cheating, we'd spent two nights together, no promises had been made. But in my head, if I picked up a girl tomorrow, I would definitely have been cheating in my heart. I guess that told me how I already viewed my relationship with Aly. I was still reeling from that epiphany when my phone chirped again.

Aly -- Taylor? You okay? I was just kidding.

I started typing a few times, but I couldn't get anything out. I flopped back onto the bed and felt a tear sting my eye. What the fuck? I don't cry. Ever. As soon as I looked back at my phone it buzzed in my hand. It was Aly.

After a moment's hesitation I accepted the call. "Hi." I hated how small I sounded.

"Taylor, are you okay? I'm so sorry."

"I don't want to meet anyone else." I felt the tear in my eye break free and roll down my cheek.

"I'm sorry. I was trying to keep it light."

"Do you think you're just a conquest? Did... do I make you feel like that?"

"No, sweetheart." I could hear the emotion in her voice, which made me almost sob as she continued. "And if I saw you with someone else it would kill me. I'd deal, cause we aren't, I mean, we haven't, you know... said anything. So I'd deal. But I'd hate it."

The last words came in a whisper, and my tears flowed freely. "I don't want to. I won't, I promise."

"Taylor, it's so early. I don't want to push. I don't want you to feel trapped."

"I don't."

"Good."

I could feel a smile creeping back across my face, so I brushed my wet cheeks. "You know there's a way you could make sure no floozy hits on me tomorrow."

"Really? What's that?" The sunshine was back in her voice, and my own insides warmed accordingly. God, I felt like a schoolgirl, my heart beating fast as I contemplated my next question.

"You could come with. No one would dare if I were there with my new girlfriend."

"I'll be there. What time? Be warned though, I may want to hold your hand, pull you close while we dance, even kiss you again."

I flushed at the memory as she lobbed my own words back at me. "I'm really, really okay with that."

* * *

There was a knock on the door at exactly seven o'clock, just as we agreed last night. I couldn't keep the smile off my face as I opened the door and saw my girlfriend standing there grinning at me. She was wearing a white jumper with embroidered red and blue flowers with green stems, with gorgeous bare legs down to strappy, three-inch wedge sandals.

She twirled around. "So am I pretty enough to pass as your girlfriend?" I almost didn't answer as my mind was still spinning from the glorious view of her backside I'd just had, but I managed to nod before gathering her into my arms and kissing her soundly.

"You're beautiful, and you know it."

Her whole face lit up. "So are you." She kissed my neck while giving my butt a squeeze through my jeans. I made myself step back, and she grabbed her overnight bag with a giggle and came inside. I pointed at it.

"That's very presumptuous of you. Think tonight's going to go well, huh?"

"I have confidence in my feminine wiles." She gave her hips a little extra sway as she carried it back and set it near the bed, which made my mouth water. "You ready to go?"

I nodded, and we descended the stairs hand in hand. Have I mentioned how much I loved the way her hand fits into mine? Probably, but hey. Aly drove, and we arrived at the party in good time.

Jared shared a house with seven or eight other people, all young twenty-somethings, and they all enjoyed a good party, so this particular gathering happened a few times a month, but the cast of characters was always changing. As we got out of the car I saw Thomas pulling a keg out of the back of his SUV.

"You got that?"

He waved before hoisting the silver barrel up on his shoulder. "Hey, Taylor, It's no problem."

Aly came around the side of the car, her hand slipping into mine. "Thomas, this is Aly." Thomas' eyes widened as he gave me a searching look. "Yeah, my girlfriend. Aly this is Thomas, one of Jared's many roommates."

They exchanged 'hellos' before Thomas continued. "Getting her to settle down, that's impressive."

I shot him a scathing look, but Aly responded with her typical innocent bravado. "Well, it's still early, but it's looking good so far."

We followed him inside, where he immediately called out that Taylor and her girlfriend are here, turning every head in the room toward us. I knew I was blushing hard, but I didn't let go of Aly's hand as we repeated the conversation from outside several times over.

To be honest, I was feeling a little crapped on by everyone who expressed his or her shock at my relationship status. First there were the warnings to Aly to watch me closely, and then there were the assurances to not worry, I'd screw things up soon. Most of them were attempts at good-natured joking, but warranted or not it still hurt. Mostly I was worried Aly was rethinking the whole thing.

When we finally got free I sat down. Well, slumped down is probably a better descriptor. A part of me was expecting Aly to make some excuse and head off, probably to ask people more about my character, or lack thereof.

But instead she pushed my shoulders back and sat in my lap, throwing her arms around my neck. Her touch was instantly soothing. I held her close and laid my head on her shoulder, and she kissed me on my head.

"You okay?"

"So, you ready to dump me, yet?" I wasn't able to keep the bitterness out of my voice

"Aww, sweetie, I'm not that flighty." She touched my cheek. "Besides, our first date was Tuesday. I plan on keeping you around longer than a week." She looked at me, and I was mesmerized by those beautiful brown eyes. "And I don't think you're like that, not in here." She tapped on my chest over my heart. I wanted her to be right, oh God, so badly.

Aly leaned down and kissed me and I felt the electricity in the touch of her lips. Was that ever going to fade? God, I hope not. I let myself sink into the kiss as the tension unwound in my being, which continued for a beautiful moment before we were rudely interrupted.

"Hey, you two, get a room." Aly broke away with a giggle as I snapped back at the offender.

"Buzz off, I'm busy."

Jared laughed. "Well, I'll leave you to it after I get an introduction."

I rolled my eyes in mock exasperation. "Fine. Jared, this is Aly. Aly this is Jared. He's the lifeguard that assisted me in Kelsey's rescue."

Aly's eyes went wide, and she stood up and wrapped Jared in a huge hug. "Thank you so much."

"Um, you're welcome?" He looked at me quizzically.

"Remember the rescue last Saturday? The girl we resuscitated? This is her older sister."

"Oh! Then you're welcome." Aly let him go and stepped back, looking a little embarrassed for her display. Jared sat down on a chair next to us while Aly sat next to me, her hand slipping into mine. Jared pointed at it "So how did this happen?"

Aly and I gave a brief recap of events, leaving out the really fun parts, of course.

Jared listened good naturedly before pointing at himself. "I was there, too. How come I didn't get a girlfriend?"

Aly just looked at me with those soft eyes. "She's just so pretty."

Jared laughed and excused himself, and I squeezed Aly's hand. "So that's the other hero."

"He seems nice. Of course, I'm going to have to sleep with him too, just to say thank you."

I stared at her for a second, before a silly grin broke across her face. I slapped her knee. "You brat!"

Aly giggled and pulled me close so our foreheads were touching. "Just teasing. I'm all yours." She put a breathiness in her voice that sent a tingle up my spine, and after she grabbed my hand and stood up. "Can we dance?"

I nodded and stood, leading her out onto the back porch where the music was thumping away. The sun was sinking into the sea from a pink and purple sky, and there were a number of souls already taking advantage of one of Jared's roommate's excellent sound-system.

We danced for maybe half an hour, enough time for sunset to fade into night. I loved feeling her in my arms, watching the shameless way she moved, and it was all for me. No matter how many other pairs of eyes were on her, and there were more than a few, hers were only on me.

Finally we eased our way back inside. The crowd had more than doubled, but Aly was able to grab the same loveseat from before. "I'll hold it, you go get us some drinks. Anything but beer."

"You got it." I headed off toward the bar area. I got stopped a few times to chat, and there were a bunch of people crowded around the booze, but eventually I managed to procure a red Solo cup full of whatever was in the current keg for me and a bottle of hard lemonade for Aly.

Eventually I weaved my way back to where Aly was sitting, and was greeted with two guys standing nearby, one with his foot up on the neighboring chair, leaning way to close. I felt a stab of jealousy until I saw Aly's body language, which was clearingly saying 'thanks but no thanks.'

As I got close I could make out his voice. "Come on, just one dance."

"I told you I'm here with someone, thank you, though."

"Where is he then? Left you alone? Shame on him." The smarminess of his voice made my blood boil, and I moved forward.

When she saw me Aly's face lit up. "Actually, there she is now."

I slid in next to her and handed over her drink. "Everything okay, baby? They bothering you?" I looked up and saw the anger taking hold of the asshole's face. I didn't know this guy. Hopefully he'd take the hint, but no such luck.

"Seriously? You're a fucking dyke?"

His buddy shook his head. "No way, she's too hot to be a dyke."

"Yeah. Just come with me, I'll show ya how a real man can satisfy you. You'll never want anything else"

I was starting to see red, but Aly responded, her voice even.

"You'd fuck me real good, huh?"

The asshole grinned. "Oh, yeah."

Aly pulled my arm around her. "See, I doubt you could compete. Hers is over nine inches long."

His buddy laughed. "Yeah, and made in China."

This got a laugh which made my ears burn, but Aly stayed calm, cuddling in closer. "Maybe, but it never gets soft, and can go for hours and makes me come and come." She reached up and lovingly stroked my face. "And the best part is, when we're done, she can take it off, and she doesn't have to think with it." She grinned and pointed at his crotch. "Now how can ten minutes with your pathetic little twig compete with that?"

Rage contorted his face, but his buddy put a hand on his shoulder. "Hey man, you're not getting anywhere here, let's go."

"Fucking dykes."

With that they left, and I turned to Aly. "You okay?"