All Comments on 'Hero's Reward'

by S-Des

Sort by:
  • 926 Comments
ILYAWBILYAWB11 days ago

Another one of those stories you come back to several times a year. It's one of the romance stories here that makes the sex seem really important vs. some cowboy or cowgirl yelling HO OH SILVER 3 paragraphs into a story

oldpantythiefoldpantythief19 days ago

Still a good read even after all these years. Just wish I could give it another five stars for being such a heartwarming story. Well done, again and again.

SackettheartSackettheart20 days ago

What a great story, it was such a wonderful heartfelt journey all the way to the end. One if the best reads on here so far that I've read. This is a great author.

seasteve123seasteve123about 1 month ago

5/5 thank you, very fun read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I give it 5 star will Jeff ask Sarah to marriage him next part of 7 &8 &and 9 of Hero's Reward

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I truly wish I was able to give this Story more accolades than I was able to bestow upon it. Great Story with believable characters and a beautiful storyline. Thank you for distracting us, and allowing us to be a part of their journey.

Munchie184

Deke603Deke603about 1 month ago

Excellent work both in composition and execution. In any genre, good storytelling is key and this author was perfectly on point. I look forward to reading more endeavors. Definitely a 5 star tale

Hotrod1976Hotrod1976about 2 months ago

This was incredible. 5 stars is not nearly a worthy rating so 10 if it was available. Bravo, exceptional. Not much more to say the story just does it.

Buster2UBuster2Uabout 2 months ago

10 Big Blazing stars for one hell of a Cinderella Story! Thanks Very much this this great Effort. Buster2U

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Third or fourth reading. Still a nearly perfect story, well worth Five stars.

One small glitch. Jeff could not have just showed up and interact with the children on the ward. He would have needed hospital volunteer services approval, and even moreso, FBI clearance, at a minimum. Of course, hr may have applied and been cleared, but the time frame seems a bit short for that. Still, a near perfect Five star story, one of the few I return to from time to time., the usual LW drivel notwithstanding.

JPB NOT BOB

LechemanLechemanabout 2 months ago

I've read this story a few times now and I still find it emotionally satisfying.

yarinc7777yarinc7777about 2 months ago

Touching and beautiful well written tale

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Your story was fantastic, the depth of the story made me consider exactly how a women had to deal with a traumatic event would be to her.

XluckyleeXluckylee2 months ago

I loved this story the first time I read it and still love it. 5 huge stars from Xluckylee

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I believe this is my third read, pretty sure it won't be the last. Thank you - 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Completely wonderful story! Thank you for creating it!! FYI: I figured Sarah was a nun who was considering revoking her vows after meeting MC. Fortunately you were a better story teller than that cliche. 5 stars

roveroneroverone2 months ago

Have re-read this before, and judging from number of comments not the only one that found it poignant...

will be interesting to re-read again and see if I can pinpoint changes...also going to check pub date

Cheers!

FandeborisFandeboris3 months ago

A beautiful story, simply beautiful. I suspected something about Sarah, but did know the circumstances. I could only guess she had been disfigured somehow. Damage can be literally be skin deep or deeper into the soul.

I lost it when Paige talked to her sister at the end and Sarah admitted what had happened. Sarah was going to be okay. It seems you have given up writing. A shame really, anybody who can write this good should continue.

I wish all the best.

Chromy2483Chromy24833 months ago

Absolutely beautiful, loved the story.

TurtleRecallTurtleRecall3 months ago

Judt reread after a few months... still love this epic tale of love finally realised... again thank you for your story.

10/10 again

KernflakesKernflakes3 months ago

Been on this site for 20+ years and never read this story until now. Very good. Don't know if the author is still even around, but thanks for this story! Would be amazing to see a sequel to this, but doubt it will happen!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Brilliantly told tale. Pain. Anguish. Horror. Outrage.Hope. Excitement. Love. Romance. All these are experienced in this roller coaster of a ride through this story. You told it stunningly well and brought the characters to life. I cried for them both in sadness and joy. This really is one of the better stories on here. Deserves much more than 5 stars. BardnotBard

crazymike45crazymike453 months ago

Very beautiful love story. I bookmarked it a a favorite.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Would vote 7 or 8 if it was available.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great story, just found your writings, keep them coming.

GardenshedGardenshed4 months ago

Great story, very believable and realistic.

Thanks for writing.

kaotic2kaotic24 months ago

This was absolutely amazing, and so beautiful. Thank you so much for writing and sharing this.

Omart57Omart574 months ago

My second time through this one, Love it! I don't know if you still read comments but Thank You!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Excellent. Thank you.

FandeborisFandeboris4 months ago

I am in awe at this story. I didn’t get to read the first this time it came out. This revision is fantastic. The fight scene at the beginning was very believable. I even got my adrenaline flowing. The only worry was if the police showed up in time.

Sarah as an aide was just great until she thought Jeff would be able to see her late in his recovery. Then the two fell in love. And Sarah fights for mental stability. As the song says…. Love will find a way.

Take care.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Amazing story! So we’ll written

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Excellent. Realistic, good character growth. Love a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Wonderful story. Makes me want an epilog though. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I agree, these characters are special. Thank you for sharing them.

Miguel_TugaMiguel_Tuga5 months ago

Absolutamente fantástico.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

So much to say about this story, where do I begin?

Well firstly, I'll start by saying this one really twisted the knife in the heart for me. I struggle to think of anything lower and more despicable than rape, especially to some high school virgin girl with her whole life ahead of her. Then, as if it isn't already unthinkably terrible enough, to cut her face afterwards... if there is a place such as Hell, even the darkest corners of it would be too good for monsters that would commit such unconscionable acts. The maelstrom of emotion that stirred when her past was revealed - anger, sadness, pity, to name but a few - made it difficult to hold back some tears. And I thought it was going to be a nice, sweet story after he saved that girl from being raped. Bastard baited me in for that one.

I thought he was going to get Paige early on, but I'm guessing she decided that he was a better match for her sister. I wonder if she wanted him for herself and made a sacrifice. I wonder if there is threesome action in Jeff's future. Hey, stranger things have happened.

The fight scene in the alley at the start was really well done. Got my adrenaline going and my anxiety up. That's rare but I know I'm reading a good story when that happens.

Anyway, long story short: a great story, full of emotional moments and tender love. If this was a film, I'm sure I would cry and be really angry and all worked up. Good job with this.

TankerbobTankerbob5 months ago

Absolutely the best thing I’ve read in years. The way you let the characters develop before they jump into bed made it so memorable. Please, more. If you haven’t already written a book, you

should. Excellent pace, kept my interest the whole time. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Very nice!

BlueeyeswriterBlueeyeswriter5 months ago

Excellent. Well written and a very enjoyable read.

sg1010sg10105 months ago

Excellent !

You did a GREAT Job, writing this !

THANK YOU !

Scott

cgulden51cgulden515 months ago

One of the best.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Oh, WRITER ! Today is THANKSGIVING. I am enjoying my morning COFFEE and a delicious PUMPKIN MUFFIN. These characters, this story are just the most perfect way to start the day that honors THANKFULNESS. THANK YOU ! Of course, 5 stars !

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I love this story! I have read it at least 3 times, and I'll continue to read it when I need a shot of romance.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I greatly appreciate the time you spent on developing the back story and the sex scenes were wonderfully and tasteful done so enjoyed slowly enjoying the developmt beautifully written dealing probing really sensitive issues

I might be a romantic sort of person at stage of life where it v unlikely anything like this could happen

profound effect

sg1010sg10106 months ago

THANK YOU !

Scott

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

A 2 tissue story. Excellent. 10 stars.

Crazy_papaCrazy_papa6 months ago

From fear to tears to happiness, what a beautiful story!

Rapier875Rapier8757 months ago

Just as good as the first time I read this.

I don't think that 'perfect' is too high praise for this.

Worth far more than 5 Stars.

Thanks for sharing.

Rapier

Quaker0186Quaker01867 months ago

Fabulous story, unable to stop when I started. Easy 5*, such a beautiful story of love and overcoming adversity.

BabalooieBabalooie7 months ago

Beautiful. Second read. Five stars (of course).

TurtleRecallTurtleRecall7 months ago

A beautiful story, i'm jealous of such a deep resounding love.

10/10

Will read start to finish a lot. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Among all the books and stories one goes through, once in a while comes a gem like this. This story reminded me of my wife, who was a very timid and frightened woman when I first met her because of the traumatic childhood she had had. I could completely identify with this story. It took a lot of time, a lot of patience, a lot of loving to be able to make her open up. Thank God it's been 15 years that we are married now. She is much more confident and outgoing today. She has to be. She needs to look after and control 3 kids, as she says-our son, daughter and lastly me.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Sometimes I just have to get away from all the current LW Drivel, so I escape to the Classics. Like Hero's Reward. Five stars, of course.

JPB

ian0452ian04528 months ago

Excellent story I couldn’t stop reading once I started

SatyrDickSatyrDick8 months ago

[31.08.23]

Top Shelf Story!

Looove the Sam Kinison love!

Sam was such a great comedian, with his (ex)preacher delivery and routines. I used to love listening to him on the Howard Stern Show and was listening the morning his brother Bill called in after Sam had been killed driving to Laughlin (Nevada) with his brand new bride...very moving.

11/10!!!!!

KnightofmindKnightofmind8 months ago

Don Quixote and Esmeralda and with no Sancho Panza in sight.

ForsakenGray1928ForsakenGray19288 months ago

The story, it seems that you have at least felt these emotions as well. I have been a kid afraid of shadows, Navy, scared and then in charge of divisions, disable retired, worked in shipyards leading repair gangs then a LEO riding solo in charge of minor areas, retired, tired of being shot at. Was mostly alone and when did find someone, they usually left when tried to move forward. Being alone, once you are in charge is easy if you maintain that "in charge" distance. And pain only hurts if you let it. I have learned several things:

Being alone is all in the mind;

Pain is an old friend who is always there;

Trust is a very rare item;

Loyalty does exist, in very small doses;

Damage is easy to do, difficult to control;

Invisability is an aquired skill that I'm very good at;

Social skills go away if you have the above traits / skills.

This story is very well done. It shows courage, care for other than ones self, love, and mostly trust. I read it more than once. I can only wish it would have been mine.

Thank you for sharing this part of yourself.

Be Safe

4bk554bk559 months ago

Second time to read this story. Still 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I'm feeling cheap now. I can't award this what it deserves. 5 stars are not enough not even in the ball park. Am also feeling very emotional too. This has touched me on a very personal level and reminds me of something that happened in my life many years ago. I've been reading on here for a while and thinking about submitting a story or two and you might have just helped me be brave enough to do that. Thank you for this excellent narrative. BardnotBard.

ArldiDArldiD9 months ago

The author has mastered the craft of storytelling. We come to this site for erotic inspiration, but this writing is deeper than just titulation, erotic sexuality. Much deeper and insightful.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I can't remember how many times I've read this story. It literally makes my heart lighter, just so uplifting. Just an incredible read. 5 stars again. Thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I have been reading stories on Literotica for many years, and, for me, this is now my most favorite ever!

Thank you so much for such a great story!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Thank you. This story shifted things in me I didn’t know needed it. Thank you.

jni551jni55110 months ago

What a wonderful, fantastic story. Beautifully written. Keep writing great stories like this.

Btrying2Btrying210 months ago

Read this great story several times. I find new little details each time that make me be in awe of the author's skill. Captivating story with complex interesting characters. Thanks for the share. John.

Simon_MastersSimon_Masters10 months ago

Revisit after a long while, still as good as I remember.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

In a proper society, he would have just walked up, pulled his gun, and executed the criminals!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This is the only literotica-story I've ever read more than once, and it just keeps getting better. You make us extremely fond of both your main characters. And Paige. Simply amazing!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Really enjoyed the read.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

This story will take a reader on an emotional roller coaster and leave them rung out . 5 stars does not even begin to touch it. I have read this yearly, at least since I found it. It always seems to get a little bit better than the previous read. Thank you, again for your efforts at entertaining us, the readers.

Munchie184

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

What a wonderfully well written story!

This felt real in all the best possible ways.

DrizdartDrizdart11 months ago

came back and read this again.

wish there was a bit more about the transformation of the two, showing their lives going on.

Fenris420Fenris42011 months ago

Noice. 5/5* Fav

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Excellent story and great ending. I know it's not typical story but it gives hope that everyone can find love. Keep writing such wonderful and emotional stories

Nothingman83Nothingman8311 months ago

Absolutely wonderful story. 5 Stars all the way.

woodrangewoodrange11 months ago

Nasty subject handled extremely well.relly enjoyed this story

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Wonderful story with kindness, hope, love and respect. One to read many times!

Billyboy1953Billyboy195312 months ago

My 2nd read. 5 stars again. I notice you haven’t posted anything since 2012. I sincerely hope that you are doing well.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Lovely story. Well worth the five stars.

JPB

Helen1899Helen189912 months ago

My,second reading, still loved it so much, again it left me with a warm glow. Lovely characters everyone.

OpenWordsOpenWordsabout 1 year ago

This is an incredibly beautiful story. Thank you for sharing this with us!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Des héros comme ça

Sa ne cours plus Les rues de nos jours

Merci pour la belle histoire

Bonne continuation

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Both versions are great

thruholewizardthruholewizardabout 1 year ago

Oh my, I wish I had written this!!! F A N T A S T I C ! I really loved it! The love scene was done with such reverence...Thank you for sharing this love story.

oneofthegirlsoneofthegirlsabout 1 year ago

This was one of the most awkward stories I've read on here. Yes, I know Sarah's a victim of trauma, but she did nothing but continue to send Jeff mixed signals.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Supremely excellent. Very well crafting of emotions. Well told. Thank-you. 5***+

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Outstanding characters and story line. 5+++

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This story never gets old. No matter how many times I read it, I love it more each time. Thank you writing a real classic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Odd twist to this story usually it is the victim who was saved who falls for the hero. It could have been even better if the hero helped the victim deal with a scare from being attacked who he saved after. But it was a decent story even though it had a weird twist that made made me almost stop reading.

chefjess2039chefjess2039about 1 year ago

This was a great story, although I kind of figured that Sarah was going to have some kind of terrible scar when you blinded the main character. What would have made a great twist is that Sarah didn't have a scar because the doctors had fixed it, but in her mind whenever she looked at herself she would see the scar on her face. But this was a great story. I enjoyed reading it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great, great story. Well written. Have you ever tried writing a book? I think if you do it definitely get published.

Allegedly_LiterateAllegedly_Literateabout 1 year ago

Good on you for taking such care with this subject. Coping with trauma can be debilitating for some people but sometimes if you’re lucky you can heal. Look at all those years of suffering and self doubt it took for Sarah. Jeff is truly the hero here in more ways than one. Such a sweet hopeful story thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This story was spectacular. It had me crying so much that I ran out of Kleenex so thank heaven for 🧻!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A well told story! The main characters are described with compassion! The comments about wishing the MC ending up with Paige missed the whole point of the story! 5*

Dobbin55

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Best story ever!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous