Hey Carrie Anne

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"When you get the package together email me it please," Carrie asked.

"Why?" I asked.

"Payne's corporate car seized up and is a complete write-off," Carrie said. "Carrie's car has such a foul smell coming from it they may be forced to treat it the same way. I want to suggest to our corporation that an irate husband might be at blame."

"When do you want to send it out?" I asked trying to hide my glee

"How does at the same time she's being served sound." Carrie giggled. "and can I use your name?"

I lost it. Letting go with a roar of laughter.

"Dam you can be a real bastard." Carrie laughed, "Dam I just realized you did it. You going to tell me how and when?"

"I did it Perfectly," I said as a wink. "I'm a gentleman and I will never tell."

We ordered our medications by through our medical provider, I had called a friend after getting a camera shot of her birth control pills and order a year's supply of sugar pills that mimicked the kind she was taking. He, because he was a pharmacist, was able to duplicate everything including the labeling. I had it on hand Wednesday. Before she had gotten home from work I had them switched. I now had just to buy some time.

Bad luck helped me out that night on the way to work an idiot ran a red light and sideswiped me so hard that he drove me into the cars waiting against the light. My truck was totaled. They had to cut me out with the jaws of life. I was taken by ambulance to the hospital to get checked out.

My wife Melody and her parents met me. After six hours of being checked out, they finally released me. The doctors ordered me to take two days at least before returning to my normal activity. No driving for a week he said just to give your cracked bones time to start healing. After that a month of light-duty. That meant Melody was stuck at home looking after me after work.

By Saturday she was getting anxious. I smiled knowing she'd been off the pill for three days. I said I was done resting. I asked out of the blue if she could drive me to the bar and pick me up when I called her after closing. She readily agreed. While I was showering and getting dressed, I heard her taking on her cell making her arrangements for the night. She dropped me off. I told my staff I wasn't working but just wanted to hang out for the night to see if the changes I had put in were working.

The cook I had hired was amazing. Our pre-band time sales had doubled and for a Saturday that spoke volumes. The place was hopping. We had started getting a lunch crowd since the re-opening because of the daily specials we were promoting. His food complimented the theme of the bar. The restaurant closed at eight every night. After that, you could always get pickled eggs or sausage.

He was an older gentleman who wanted to be home early at night. His problem was he had retired too early and been at home with his wife was making him stir crazy. When he had first suggested this to me, I blew it off until I had checked out the other bars. He ordered the food set the prices and said on top of his wages I would have to pay him ten percent of the gross food profits. We had worked together to set things up. We set up what he called his small tight kitchen the way he wanted.

Everything he made was made from scratch. Sheppard's pie and Irish stew automatically were becoming popular, but he had a twist that set it miles above others that I had tried. It had forced our large bar storage and my office downstairs. We had to hire a new kitchen staff which he handpicked. So far, the feedback had been top rated.

It was at about eight-thirty pm. when I saw her walk in with Susan a female friend. Carrie Ann Laser looked stunning. The moment she saw me a big smile showed up on her face. We had a three-player house band starting at nine that played easy listening folk songs and a few of the Irish standards. On a good night, the dance floor would be half full. They sat down at a table for eight.

Carrie Anne was wearing the Irish colors, her blouse and pleated skirt complemented each other perfectly. Seeing a natural redhead wearing green was startling, she oozed of sexuality and class. One of my waitresses said she was eye-catching. I had to agree she was as I prepared a couple of special drinks for them. I carried them over to them myself saying compliments of the house!

'Kaleb" Carrie Anne said as if it was important, "You remembered what we like, thank you. Kaleb this is my dear friend Susan."

I offered my hand in friendship, Susan took it. Then said I would be right back. I went behind the bar getting myself a large glass of ginger ale. I had promised myself that I would never drink in my own bar. I had kept the promise to myself for ten years I wasn't going to start now. With that in hand, I returned to the table and sat down across from Carrie Anne. Carrie got up and moved over beside me. Susan did not seem surprised.

"I am getting this seat early," Carrie Anne stated, "before the rest of the crew get here. Susan Kaleb is Melody's soon to be ex-husband."

"You're not kidding me, are you?" Susan replied in surprise.

"No, she's not!" I replied. "That first night you all met me I was checking out what was being offered around town because this bar was closed down for repairs. I was in total shock when I got invited to share your table. Carrie later caught me doing something I shouldn't be doing outside. After confronting me about my conduct. I ended up giving her a ride home. We have been friends ever since"

"He had no clue as to what his wife was doing while he was here at work." Carrie Anne explained. "that's why we are here tonight I wanted to make sure for his sake that he was not alone."

'But why Bythia's on Bythia?" Susan said. "This place has got the reputation of being a bit high class."

I laughed "I'll take that as a compliment although that was not the intention for the bar when I designed it. I just wanted a place nice enough to take my girl to."

"Susan," Carrie said. "Not only did he build this bar I Kaleb owns it."

Carrie and I both noticed Susan's complete look of surprise. It wasn't long until the place started filling up. When the rest of the crew arrived, the table filled up. Carrie Anne and Susan kept me on the dance floor most of the night. My staff was pleased to see me enjoy myself for once. It was pointed out that the dance floor had never been so full. I was surprised when most agreed that the volume of the band was just about right. It was just loud enough that you could still hear yourself think. The staff pointed out that for a Saturday Night we were busier than normal.

After the bar closed for the night, I asked Carrie Anne to drive me home. She and Susan did. That was when she told me that most of the crew had agreed that this was far better of a place to hang out in since it didn't cater to the university single crowd. I was pleased because the word of mouth had just expanded my customer base.

I awoke late Sunday Morning after sleeping eight hours straight to find that Melody was not home. That did not surprise me. I thought that if things went as planned, she wouldn't have made it back. I spend the next two hours as being a very concerned husband.

I spent the time calling both sides of the family looking for her while playing up my concerns since all her calls from me to her were ending up being sent to voice mail. I called Carrie Anne and told her what was going on. She thought my calling everybody was a smart move on my part. While talking to her I received a second call. I told her I would call her back it was my father in law.

"Hi Dad," I said, "Sorry I still haven't heard anything since I talked to you earlier this morning."

"I figured as much Kaleb that's why I am calling. Mary and I decided to come to the Ramada Inn at the fourth for their Sunday brunch. Now we wish we hadn't because we found Melody's car parked there."

"I don't know what to tell you, Dad. I don't have my truck replaced yet and I'm still restricted from driving. There's no way I can come. So, go enjoy your lunch and I will talk to you later." I responded with a concerned tone.

My father in law was a strict man who lived and would die behind his standards and principles. The world according to him had too much gray in it. Things were meant to be black or white. He would not watch Anderson Cooper because how could you take anything a tinker bell says as the truth. He could not see that in our society that the basic truths he was raised with no longer existed. He was surprised that a man of my age didn't have body tattoos. I replied I had to much respect for myself, as a result, I refused to follow the masses. Most who mark up their bodies later in life regrets it. Just because people decided to live their lives as they saw fit did not make it right for me in my eyes. Our society had become so self-centered that we no longer cared about our neighbor.

We had broken into a great debate one night over law and order and the decline of it. I said people still look to our government as examples of how we should behave and look at what they are doing. One side says we should follow the law the other promotes the breaking of it.

One promotes no responsibility anything goes the other demands accountability. The word racist has been changed by one political party to mean that regardless of the color of your skin, your religion or your heritage you are a racist if you do not promote or accept their views as if they are the gospel of Jesus Christ.

If Hitler was alive, I added, he would claim they were following the early years of his walk in his life. In their eyes, you and I are to them and their followers are nothing but a minority group who are too stupid to follow their doctrines. Argue with them or stand up against their wishes you're branded as a racist, hunted and attacked. Now they are appearing in democratic control cities wearing masks handing out their form of social justice against people like us. The only opinion they want to hear is their beliefs coming out of your mouth. Sad the leadership says the situation will be investigated and charges laid but we both know that never happens. Equal justice for all has become a thing of the past. He agreed that it was going to get worse before it would get better.

That is what Hitler and his followers did in part before he came to power. We who study history to learn are seeing our great country repeating history. Sad that one party had to bring that kind of culture to America again and make it seem normal. It was these same points of view that brought to the United States of America its first civil war. At times I had to I have wondered if we were headed towards a second. Dad, I finished off with whether we like it or not that's the reality of the world we now live in.

With his frame of mind of things, if her father caught Melody with her lover, she would be lucky to escape his wrath with her life. I texted him this is not the first time she went out without my knowing and attached my image of her text message to her sister to it.

I called Carrie back to let her know what my father in law had discovered adding what I had just done. She laughed then asked what I was doing. I replied besides smiling not much of anything. Want me to come over and pick you up so we can do something she asked. I honestly said I would love to but perhaps it best that I don't disappear to. They would be worried, and I think they have enough to dwell on right now.

It was about six pm I was in the kitchen eating the pizza I had delivered when I heard the car pull into the driveway. Looking out the window I saw it was Melody's Dad and he was alone. I watched him get out of his car he looked like a broken man.

I went and let him in before taking out the bottle of the Markers whiskey to pour us a good stiff drink. Grasping a clean plate, I told him to have a piece of the pizza.

"Kaleb it's bad. I was at home when I called you. Your text got me to thinking so I went to talk to Mandy first because I wanted to be sure what I was thinking was right." He said. "I got the hotel Day Manger to call the Nighttime one in early. I had gone back. It looks like Melody's affair has been going on for over six months. Mandy her older sister had discovered it accidentally herself and promised to keep it secret because Melody explained it wanted to experience the wild child single life before she settled down to raise her kids."

I pretended to be shocked, in part, I was because I didn't expect Mandy to be honest about it.

"I was just about to leave when Melody came out of the elevator holding hands with him, He had a huge smile as if he was proud of his latest conquest. I lost it. The night manager and the day manager had to pull me off him." He said. "I came here because I think this will be the last place the cops will be looking for me."

'Dad the first thing I going to do is call Mom to let her know you're okay." I said." Then I am going to call the manager of the Ramada Inn to see if Melody's lover is going to press charges."

My mother in law was devastated but was thankful that her husband had come to me. Melody had called her to say she was sorry. Her mother had said for what? getting caught. Creating a situation that may end up putting your father in jail? The affair? Or that we found out? You're I'm sorry means nothing. What about Kaleb? Your marriage? You're just hoping that we will help you out of the mess you created for yourself. Then she hung up. I told her if I heard any more, I would let her know she said thanks.

I called Jason Lasher and introduced myself. I said I still owed him five dollars. He laughed. Did my sister tell you that? I said yes more than once. She never forgets a thing he said so if you wish to pay me to do it in front of her. Did I ask why? It will save us both a lot of misery. She's like our mother holds onto everything as if she was a dog with a bone. She has to see it before she will let it go. I laughed and said that I can deal with as long as I know. That's when he told me I think she has fallen for you. If you're not interested let her go. I said I'm still married. Until I have finished that I won't be making any decisions about my life. I promise you, Jason, I will be careful not to lead her where I am not ready to go. I then told him that I had my father in law with me and I needed to know if the police officers were called in. He informed me they hadn't, and that Melody had convinced Payne not to press charges even though at first, he was wanting to. I said thanks, Jason.

I told dad the good news before I passed the same on to Mom. You could see the relief come over his face.

"Kaleb what are you going to do about this mess?" he asked out of concern.

I took out my cell phone and prepared a text for Melody. I showed it to her dad. It read:

Dad just told me everything. Congrats you must feel proud. You threw away your parent's teachings, trashed our marriage and tore my soul apart in just one day. Don't be sad be happy. You got what you wanted. Don't come home. The Melody I knew doesn't live here anymore.

"If you send it Dad my marriage ends right now. If you don't it lingers a slow death for another six months." I said quite honestly.

"Once the trust is destroyed you can never get it back. Let's give this dead marriage a quick noble death!" he said as he hit send. "Mary always said that Melody had married her dad. This just proved that she was right."

After finishing the pizza and our drinks we went over to Lumberland and picked up a set of three-door and deadbolt locks. Once we had them installed in drove the rest of the family. Mom Mandy her husband Jack and the adorable rugrats. They finally left around ten.

I texted Carrie Anne: Are you awake. She responded really quickly with a call.

"You okay. I must ask because Jason called and told me what had happened." Carrie asked. "Payne's got two black eyes and a broken nose. Your father in law really went at him but he only got three swings before Jason helped stop him."

I was laughing but replied. "He used to be an amateur boxer back when he was young. I wish I could have seen that." I stated. "He came here after it happened. He did not know where to go. I found out from your brother no charges are being laid and let the family know. They all ended up here to discuss this mess and they have just left."

"What about Melody?" Carrie asked

I explained that my father in law had asked the very same question. I explained what I had written to Melody in a text. I told him to read the text message which he said afterward let's give this noble death and hit send.

"Your father in law sent the text for you. That's unreal. There was no forgive her give her a second chance dance?" Carrie stated.

"Nope in his eyes she destroyed the trust. Once that's gone you can't get it back. He still sees things as black or white. She made her bed let her live in it. Be dammed the consequences. In this situation, I agree with him." I stated. "He even helped me change the locks on the doors."

"Any word on what transpired last night." Carrie Anne asked.

"No, I haven't checked it yet been too busy." I laughed "I don't think it matters any more even though I will keep my word."

"Give it till Monday night," Carrie replied. "From what I hear it might surprise you."

"Why?" I asked.

"Rumor has it that the bartender at New City Jack used to be in porn." Carrie giggled. "if that's true It wouldn't surprise me a bit that he didn't use the situation to his advantage."

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Yes, I am." Carrie responded, "What I want to know is when do I get my official first date, Kaleb?"

"How about the day Melody is served," I said with a smile. "I'll even have her served at the office."

"Deal providing you send me red roses on that day beforehand. I want to be able to rub her nose with them because she violates my view of loyalty." Carrie said. "it's going to be very interesting at work tomorrow."

I hung up my cellphone and thought about what I knew about Carrie Anne. She was around twenty-four single and very good looking. Stood at about five foot eight. Although not overly slender she was not stout. My grandfather would look right at her thighs and say she was good breeding stock. Which meant to him that she would handle creating life very well. She worked in the same regional office of a dental medical supply company as Melody and her lover did but was not part of the management team.

From what I had learned she was very meticulous as to who she allowed into her life. She apparently had a close relationship with her family and the inner circle which she was inviting me into. She loved to dance and drank to be social like I did. Carrie had a great personality but was guarded. It was leaving me with more questions than answers. For example, she came across as more educated than the position she was working in. It left the impression that something else was going on. I went to bed singing Hey Carrie Anne what's your game now can anybody play.

Knowing what I was facing on Monday I had arranged for my assistant to take over control at the bar till I got my personal life sorted out. Mandy was coming over with Jacks truck to help me pack her sisters' personal belongings up. She was stopping at a packing supply store so we could do it properly. We started in the master bedroom. As I unfolded and taped the boxes up, she started going through the dresser drawers.

"Kaleb, I can't believe what my sisters been doing." Mandy said, "I never approved of it and said nothing because I thought she smarten up. When dad confronted me with your text I broke down and told him the truth. I have only known about it for a month. He took it as a personal failure. The way he sees it, it's all his fault because he did not raise her right. I think my mom feels that way too."