All Comments on 'Hey Twister—Letters To My Dead Twin'

by SisterJezabel

Sort by:
  • 34 Comments
ArdieffArdieffover 2 years ago

Sweet and touching ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Lovely story about life. Tragic and sad, also loving and joyful. The antics of Elsie were fun, and all too realistic, I think I experienced all of them with my children and grandchildren. A child really can bring people together. Five stars.

PickFictionPickFictionover 2 years ago

Wonderfully thought out and crafted story with great attention to detail. I'm a sucker for romance and happy endings. Good job!

dwoelfledwoelfleover 2 years ago

What a heartfelt and beautiful story. Such an incredible journey. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved it!

pcman1950pcman1950over 2 years ago

Speechless! Stars for days (and a few tears to make them shimmer).

texquilltexquillover 2 years ago

What a great effort. Thanks for sharing this five-star story.

vanmyers86vanmyers86over 2 years ago

Heartwarming story, lovingly crafted. You brought an emotional depth to this story that sets it apart from most others here. Well done!

PeytonMirabellePeytonMirabelleover 2 years ago

Love the format and wonderful reading!

steeltiger01steeltiger01over 2 years ago

Possibly the most beautiful story I've read in recent memory. The journal format was brilliant, but what really shines for me is Joy's love for her sister & her niece. Amazing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You have excelled yourself. This story follows your usual themes, heroine is distraught, meets man who helps her through it, they fall in love and live happily ever after. With the journal format you make us live her journey, we feel her pain and despair, we experience her joy in bonding with her niece, we understand her gradual growing attraction to Owen and. her realising that he is right for her. Your other stories are very good, but this has an emotional power rarely achieved by any author, here or elsewhere.

MsCherylTerraMsCherylTerraover 2 years ago

This is so heartwrenchingly beautiful. What a story. I'm so emotional right now I can't even think of anything to say except wow.

notyourcuppateanotyourcuppateaover 2 years ago

Beautiful writing. Beautiful story. Just wow!

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

Well, what can I say. I wasn't sure about the diary format and for that reason put off reading it but what a bad decision! I found the format a little difficult to master and a lot of characters we introduced early on, naturally in this setting. However, once over that I could badly put it down. It's a bitter sweet journey and I cannot really add anything that's not been said in the earlier comments. Wondered what schoolies was but could work it out generally from the events.

You're a great writer and unfortunately for you I think you've raised the bar for your next contribution?? Congratulations on a fantastic story. 5 stars no doubt and surely it will win more. Just surprised there's so few comments.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 2 years ago

Wonderful job, Jez! The emotions Joy expresses on the page are frank and raw, with a bit of humor mixed in at times. The slow realization that Owen was more than just a co-guardian was handled so well, though I must admit to not being a big fan of his discovering Joy’s writings and the sudden revelation rather than the continued slow discovery. Once that course was chosen though, his entries in the book were natural and made perfect sense. In the end, there was still sadness at what they’d lost but also acceptance and hope for a brighter (and even expanded) future. Well worth the read, a favorite with 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, Sister.

I wasn't sure about the 'Letters & Transcripts' approach, but now I have to admit it worked really well. It's a story somewhat different from the other works I've read from you, but definitely your style. Nice!

ThefirefliesThefirefliesover 2 years ago

Tears of Joy…well, actually smiles of joy, but hey, SisterJ, bloody great story, perhaps your magnum opus (thus far!). I think the letters format was very creative and an excellent path to write down, especially the therapy/memory angle. For me Owen’s diary entry was unexpected but worked well, especially as a plot device to speed along their relationship. That you added him as a diary contributor had me wondering if Elise would write a reflective letter to her mother at the end after reading the diary on her 18th birthday or something like that, but obviously not necessary. Excellent and genuinely creative writing, five stars.

SkeeBearSkeeBearabout 2 years ago

5 stars doesn't do justice. Thank you for this exceptional story!

stickygirlstickygirlabout 2 years ago

Fuck. I cried so much reading this I had to stop, but it is exquisitely written and it's almost impossible to believe it isn't real. That must be an 'ism'. I've earmarked it to read when I need to cry again, like you do sometimes, when you need to cry but they won't come? In fact this ought be a prescriptive story, like an emotional suppository but without any of the same inconvenience. I'm going to give it five because you fucking made me cry and, as it happens, I needed an excuse. Thanks, I think

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This was easily the best and the most painful of your stories. You did a masterful Jodi voices and e character development/growth. I cannot imagine it was easy to write. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You tore me up with this one, I don't normally read stories in letter or diary form but I trusted you. The grief was palpable. 5*

ThegreyhaggisThegreyhaggisover 1 year ago

You deserve more stars than I can give.

Did not want to stop reading and the story although heartbreaking was lovely so thank you.x

phlxxlphlxxlover 1 year ago

Wow! At some points I had tears in my eyes.

Beautiful written. Thank you

lc69hunterlc69hunterover 1 year ago

You write beautiful love stories

SpunkyAndSparkySpunkyAndSparkyover 1 year ago

A truly wonderful piece.

RandyPandaRandyPandaover 1 year ago

Letters and transcripts aren't usually my thing but I could tell by the title this was going to be good. It did not disappoint. This is your best story imo.

exoticatexoticatover 1 year ago

I've never read a transcript/letter before and although I almost TLDR'd on it, I went back within minutes, completely hooked. It had so much depth and emotion and the characters were really lovely. I couldn't stop reading and wish there was more. Did Joy and Owen have boys or girls or one of each? Oh well, great story! Thanks for writing it.

EVLoverEVLoverover 1 year ago

I almost stopped reading on the first page of this story due to the darkness in Joy’s grief, pain, and despair.

However, I noticed the 4.9+ score and figured that a bunch of readers eventually saw something positive by the end of the story.

So, I continued reading , and am glad that I did.

I found the story to be both heart wrenching and heart warming…,and very believable.

Thank you, Sister Jezabel, for continuing to share your gifts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I loved loved loved this. Would love to know what happened next!

The Australian setting is perfectly captured and expressed, especially in Joy’s “voice” - so well done. I’ve known a few blokes like Owen in my time, and no wonder he was besotted. Thank you.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 1 year ago

Just sitting here and the tears streaming down , helpless …… Loosing a soulmate is horror (i have been experienced this and my heart & soul is broken) but loosing a twin must be a perversion ….. then having been already through loosing your mom to cancer your dad to griefs your grandma and then twister plus partner, this concept of life is questionable ….. and without Elise, joy might had been up to some drastic measurements, but so Elise gave her the sparks as well as Owen

This letter tale was so so so extraordinary, my heart is thumping and the tears wont stop

Thank you for sharing this unbelievable ART 💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝 ten hearts for you

Namaste

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

We all find ourselves drawn to "Lit" for a variety of reasons. Certainly, I admit that the pull was simply 'erotic' for myself. I began reading your story witht the same expectation, and somehow found myself hooked on a story with characters with depth, and a plot compeling enough to pull me deeply into the lives of Joy and her sister. I became a voyeur to their lives, living their lives, hurting with them, and finding love in the end, that brought healing.

I have learned that "Lit" has some truely gifted story tellers. SisterJezabel, you are one. ty

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

What an emotional ride. Joy's growth was, well, a joy to watch. Her ultimate embrace of her insecurities and growth out of them was so deftly handled. Watching her and Owen dance around their evolving feelings for each other was so realistic. Thank you for the ride.

LMJ

chasbo38chasbo386 months ago

Novel approach to story telling and you told it well. You let the story evolve at a very natural pace. The characters were very believable as you let them have a few warts to go along with their good traits. Well done !

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSisterJezabel@SisterJezabel
10 December- "Hey Twister—Letters to my dead twin" has been submitted in the Letters and Transcripts section and should be published in the next few days. It's fairly lengthy (25k words) but can easily be read in sections. I'll be honest- I like romance and happy endings. My...

SIMILAR Stories