High Plains Homestead

Story Info
Father and daughter head west after death of mother.
6.6k words
4.43
42.5k
43
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Toby_dog
Toby_dog
366 Followers

Sorry it took so long to get this one published. I have been working on 3 different stories at the same time. Not sure that the others will work out. I took some of your comments to mind. I hope that you see the improvement as I mature into a good writer. For those of you who want to hide behind your anonymity, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. Your ignorance shows.

Just for the record -- I do not condone incest. This is just a mind fuck.

*****

The cold biting wind was such that it was blowing my scarf off of my face, causing my breath to freeze across my nose and mouth. I had my hat tied down with a piece of rope around my chin. The force of the wind was pulling on the rope so hard, that it was choking me. The snow fall was such that it went from just above my ankles, when I first left on the hunt, to now above my knees. The frozen rope that is wrapped around my body, was cutting into my shoulder. The deer on the sled, now fully covered with snow, weighing heavily on my legs and back as I pull it towards the cabin. My fingers were cold and stiff inside the raw hide gloves, trying to keep a hold of the rope to pull it through the knee high deep snow.

The sun had set hours ago. I needed to travel several more miles then expected to find this deer. Tracking it for nearly 2 hours. Finding it amongst a stand of pine trees. Nestled amongst the pine needles. Because of the very cold temperature, it was nearly stationary trying to bed for the night. Leaning against a large pine tree, I took aim, and the rifle misfired. Ejecting that shell, the second round hit the deer in a kill spot. I was very fortunate that he did not run.

I have been walking for hours trying to get home. Then I saw the light of the cabin in the distance. My Lizzy lighting the way home. Breathing was difficult due to the cold. Each breath my lungs would sting from the cold. 'But I will make it home', I kept repeating to myself. Legs starting to give out. A foot gets stuck in a deep hole. The deer pulling me backwards. 'I will make it home'. I lean forward, pull my foot out. The pain shoots from my knee to my brain, I collapse to the ground in agony. 'I will make it home'. Blackness comes to my eyes.

***********

"Lizzy you ready to go?" I call to her with a somewhat of an annoyed tone.

"Yes daddy. I just wanted to visit mothers grave one last time." The sadness in her voice was nearly dripping with the same tears that were running down her face.

My Abby past away just last month. We had already planned to move west at this time. Our small farm here in eastern Ohio was sold. We purchased two new horses, a wagon and all the supplies needed to make our journey. Then she fell ill just a couple of months before we were to leave. The pain in her stomach becoming more severe with each passing week. The town doctor was finally able to tell us what was ailing her. Stomach cancer. He told us that there was no cure. He gave us a bottle of Laudanum. She went through a bottle every few days. That lasted for the next 5 weeks. Then God took over and gave my Abby the relief she craved for. After services were completed, we placed a stone marker on her grave.

We said goodbye to the new owners and a few of our neighbors who came by. It was already late April. Both Lizzy and I climbed onto the wagon and we were off. We were finally leaving our home in Woodsfield Ohio. It was late morning when we finally left, so the distance that we traveled was not great. We did make about 12 miles before stopping for the night. I chopped some wood, Lizzy made dinner, and we settled in for the night.

We wanted to average about 20 miles per day, a few times we were able to do 25. At times we barely made 15. The spring storms would force us to stay a day or two to allow the water to drain off of the trail. Our original estimate of reaching St. Louis was 2 months. It might be longer if the rains get any stronger.

"Daddy, when do we get to St. Louis?" Excitement in Lizzy's voice.

"We left Ohio in late April as you know. We should be there sometime by the end of June or the beginning of July." Looking at a horses ass for the next couple of months did not sound like fun, for that long, but we were doing what we set out to do.

"After we get there, we will need to find a wagon train going over the Oregon trail. We will only be going as far as the eastern side of the big mountain range. Then we will head north by ourselves to the edge of the Oregon territory. That part of our journey will take another 4 months total." I tried to keep an upbeat tone to my voice as possible.

"So we could reach our new home by July of next year?" Surprise clearly in her voice.

"Well you have to remember that we will have to winter somewhere along the trail. But it is possible that we will need to winter in St. Louis because wagon trains leave in April. If you want, we could travel by ourselves, but if we break down or come under Indian attack, we are on our own." I did not want to give her the whole truth, but at least she now knows.

"We have plenty of time to make a decision Daddy. We can talk each night if you want to about this." I was surprised with the pleasant tone in her voice. She did not seem frightened.

********

I slowly came to my senses. The pain was gone somewhat, but the snow had soaked my pants legs. I moved both legs in turn and packed the snow to get a better footing. The pain in my knee brought tears to my eyes that quickly froze. I grabbed a hold of the rope, then I pushed off with my good knee. I felt pain immediately when I used my injured knee, but kept on going. The sled busted loose from the snow, and I was heading towards the light again. I kept repeating 'I will make it home'.

Periodically, I noticed a second light shining from the front door. Lizzy must be trying to see me. I can smell the smoke from our fireplace. I'm getting close. Soon I can sit in front of that fire and get warm with a hot meal. I can be with my Lizzy once more.

***********

We arrived in St. Louis just before the end of July. A full month behind schedule. The ferry ride to cross the great river was challenging and thrilling. The water level was high due to the spring rain storms. Just as I thought, all wagon trains to Oregon had left about the same time as we left Ohio. Lizzy and I decided to go on our own after finding that we could make it as far as either Casper or Ft Laramie before winter, if we pushed real hard.

We rested for a few days, resupplied, then we hit the Oregon trail. Our goal was to make it to Kansas by the end of August. We were informed that this is the time of year for very severe storms. We experienced one a week after leaving. We found shelter in a grove of trees. I hobbled the horses and put the wagon between us and the approaching storm.

Lizzy cuddled into me so tight, that I thought she was going to enter my body. We sat on the opposite side of the wagon and I had used a piece of canvas for a backdrop against the driving rain, then another as a lean to. We had a cold supper that night. The rain kept putting our fire out. Lightening flashed and boomed several times so that the horses reared up. If it wasn't for being hobbled, I am sure that we would have lost all 4 of them.

We slept together wrapped in one of her mothers quilts. In the morning I found my cock between her ass cheeks. Admonishing myself, I slowly removed myself and started to get up to take care of my morning business. Lizzy moaned and said that she was comfortable. We found that the trail was too wet to continue so we stayed a second day.

"Daddy, I think we need to check if anything got wet." My little shop keeper was taking charge. Just like her mother. "You unload the big stuff. I will check anything left in the wagon." The commander has given her orders, so it was work time. I laid out the canvas tarp and unloaded the bags of flour, cornmeal and other food stuff. Then the pieces of furniture and clothes trunks. That gave Lizzy room to work.

We were very lucky. Nothing got wet. Especially the food. I rearranged the wagon when it was reloaded and we left in the morning. Lizzy made a batch of biscuits just in case we had need of another cold supper.

As the days past, Lizzy sat closer to me. At times she wrapped her arms around my waist and laid her head on my shoulder. Still holding onto the reins, I lifted my arm over her head and hugged her, placing a kiss on top of her head. She would kiss my cheek and tell me that she loved me. As the days went by, the way she said it began to change. At night she would push herself into my chest and groin. I found that my feelings for her were slowly changing from a father/daughter to more like a man/woman.

We arrived in Independence Missouri, a few days before the end of August. We needed to find a blacksmith, one of the horses had thrown a shoe. We found one and had all of the horses re-shod, then spent a couple of days just outside of town to rest the horses. At night Lizzy would cuddle close against me. Sometimes facing me before turning over and pushing back into me. Her kisses became longer, deeper and more often. I was not sure what was really happening, but it did stir my feelings for her and gave a rise to my long neglected cock.

*********

The cabin was becoming larger as I got closer. It is no more than a quarter mile away now. The wind was nearly blowing my scarf off of my face, forcing me to bend over to prevent from falling backwards. My legs were stiff from the cold. The snow frozen to my pants, making it difficult to bend my knees. My fingers frozen inside the gloves. The gloves nearly frozen to the rope. I realized that there was no feeling in my feet. I shook my head to clear some of the ice from my face. 'I will make it home'. I took in an ice cold piercing breath. 'I am coming home to you Lizzy'.

********

We headed out towards Lexington, Nebraska. The late August sun was hot. The moisture in the air was heavy and made breathing difficult. We needed to get there before the end of September. Then we would winter there. Our first night out Lizzy was making dinner while I was unhitching the horses. I pointed the tongue and yolk in the direction we are going. Just like I had done each day of our journey. When dinner was ready, we sat next to each other on the back of the wagon. It was too hot to sit by the fire. As she ate, Lizzy would lean against me. Placing her head on my shoulder.

"Lizzy, why are you placing your head on my shoulder?" My voice having a jovial tone.

"It is because it is just the two of us now since mama passed away." A note of sadness over- laided with a sense of comfort in her voice. She was quiet for sometime before she spoke again.

"It is just the two of us now. I feel that we are more like man... and woman. I feel that I am now your... woman." She said this with a tone of uncertainty. She started to softly weep.

"It was mama's wish for me... that I... take care of you." Her crying became stronger. "We spoke several times about this while she laid in bed in pain... slowly dying." Tears were now streaming down her cheeks.

"Her only thoughts were of you. Of who would take care of you." Her small sniffling cries turned into full body shaking sobs. I jumped down off of the wagon and took her into my arms and hugged her, putting her face into my chest, her tears soaking my shirt.

"I love you Lizzy, more than you will ever know. But we have a life time for you to find out." I placed a soft gentle kiss on the top of her head.

"Come, lets clean up and go to bed. We have a long day ahead of us. We can talk some more while we are on the trail." I picked her up and placed her gently on the ground. I picked her chin up and wiped the tears off of her cheeks. Placing a soft kiss on her lips. She wrapped her arms around my waist, looking up into my eyes, told me that she loves me with all of her heart. I told her the same.

***********

Just a couple hundred yards now. The light in the window is becoming brighter. 'I am almost there Lizzy.' I am not focusing where I am stepping. My only thoughts are to get to the side of my Lizzy, and a warm cabin. Then I hit a hole covered in snow. My foot goes straight down. Twisting the bad knee again. I find myself caught between two branches that had broken from the weight of the snow. The pain being worse than before. My body twisted in the wrong direction. Failing to keep the knee straight. I feel something snap.

Blackness overtakes me.

*********

We made our bed under the wagon. Laying on the blankets, Lizzy turns towards me and places her head on my chest, and wraps her arm over my waist. She moves until her whole body is pressed against mine.

"I love you Zachary. I made mama a promise to always take care of you. I make that promise to you now." She paused to take a deep breath. "What ever your needs are, I will take care of them." She hesitated then said, " I will take mama's place." She gave me a full body hug. This rubbed her groin against mine.

"From now on... I am your woman. Whatever your needs are I will take care of them. I will take mama's place." She repeated it again, just a little more forcefully and with more certainty this time.

I was taken aback with her statement, but I did not push it. I felt that it was more due to the loss of her mother and the promise she made more that anything. I did not believe that she fully understood what she was saying. We still had several more months to go before we reached our final destination. I will let her perform the chores of any woman. Maybe that is what she is referring to.

In the morning I once again found my very hard cock wedged between her ass cheeks. My hand was holding a very soft breast. I thought again of Lizzy's affirmation of being my woman. That she will be taking her mother's place. A slight shiver ran down my spine as I thought of taking my daughter in that way. Lizzy shifted around and wiggled her ass into my groin.

"Morning Zachery. I feel that you are fully awake." A playful, but hesitant, tone in her voice.

"Good morning to you Lizzy. Now get up and make us some breakfast. I want to get going before the sun gets too high." I moved away from her. The tone in my voice left nothing to chance as to my meaning. I walked a little away from the wagon and took care of my morning tribulations.

After taking care of my situation, I hitched the horses and pointed them in our direction of travel. Afterwards, we ate, repacked the wagon and were once again on the trail with the sun just coming over the horizon. All during this time Lizzy hung her head down, not looking at me.

It was well into the morning that I finally spoke to her.

"So, you think that you are now my woman? You think that you can replace your mother? How? By cooking my meals, or washing my clothes, or tending to the chores of the house? Or maybe you think that you could bear my children?" I purposely put an authoritative tone to my voice. I needed to make sure that she understood what her mother was referring to. She sat there, her hands in her lap and head hanging down.

It was nearly an hour before she answered. All the time tears flowed from her eyes. Puddling on, then soaking through her dress. She slowly stopped her sobbing, blew her nose, then raised her head to look at me. Her eyes red from her crying. My heart ached for causing my little girl this pain.

"Mother made me promise to take care of you... in any way that you require. So, yes. I will cook your meals and wash your clothes. Just like I have been doing." She stopped to breathe and calm herself from the anger that started to well up inside of her. All of the chores that she was already doing, or helped with while her mother was alive, or since her death.

"I will also continue to do the chores of the house, tend to the garden and any livestock as well." She stopped at this point. I could see the wheels turning in her mind. She sniffled some, blew her nose again, then hung her head. Then very tentatively, demurely said something that just about knocked me off of the wagon.

"If you want to, I will have your children as well." With that, she jumped down from the wagon and walked either along side, or behind it until we stopped for the night.

All during the day I tried, from time to time, to talk to her. She would hold back then, to allow the wagon to get 100 feet or so ahead. Never acknowledging me. When we stopped for the day, Lizzy stayed at the back of the wagon and hid herself from me. I unhitched the horses while Lizzy started to prepare dinner. I gathered wood for a fire and had it going by the time she needed it. We never said a word during this time. When it was ready, she prepared a plate for me, then took hers and sat away from me. All during this time she had a fearful look upon her face.

I gave Lizzy time to think about what she had said. This also gave me the time as well. I needed the time to decide if I was going to take her fully as my woman. If I was able to have her bear our children. We went to bed that night together, yet apart. She kept her back to me, as well as, some distance between us. I sensed that she was fearful of me and of what I would say to her, or if I would totally reject her. I could hear her soft sobs all during the night. We both slept fitfully.

I was hitching the horses, in the morning, when she came to me. Her eyes were only red circles. Tears were still streaming down her face. She had to continuously blow her nose. When she attempted to speak her words came out in short, choking noises.

"Daddy, I'm... sorry." The tears then came like a mid-western thunderstorm. I continued to hitch the horses for a few more minutes. Letting Lizzy stand there in her self imposed grief.

"What happened to Zachary?" I said in my usual scolding 'daddy' voice.

"I...did not...think...that...you wa..wanted me...to call you...that." She would hiccup and gasp between each attempt to speak.

"I just asked you how do you think that you could replace your mother? Or that how you could think to be my woman?" My tone was softer this time. More fatherly. I stood there looking at her. The pain in my heart for her, almost made me break down.

"Go and fix us something to eat on the trail and we will get going right away." I lightened up the expression on my face. This to make her see that I was not angry at her. She looked at me, then ran to the back of the wagon and fixed several biscuits with jerky. Along with a small sack of dried fruit.

As the day progressed, her mood lightened dramatically. We talked about our future, both her as my woman, as well as, the farm we would create.

"Lizzy, you have been the woman of the house for some time now. Even while your mother was alive. You took care of the house. The cooking, cleaning, and even the gardening and farm animals. So in that respect, yes you are my woman. I am no longer daddy." I allowed her think about that for a while.

We stopped along a stream to water the horses. It was about midday. The heat was almost unbearable. Lizzy sat down, fully clothed, and poured water over her head in the middle of the stream. When she got out, she was completely soaked.

While she was having her fun, I took a bucket and washed the horses down. Their breathing slowed from the cooling effect of the water. I dumped a couple of them on myself as well. Due to the heat, we did not eat. We drank our fill, along with the horses, and replenished our water supply, then resumed our journey.

A little while later, we noticed a large dust cloud. It was approaching us. Soon the ground was shaking and a loud rumbling noise could be heard. Soon after, the noise was so loud that the horses started to rear up. I halted the wagon and waited. Then, there before us was a large herd of buffalo.

Toby_dog
Toby_dog
366 Followers
12