All Comments on 'High School Twenty Year Reunion'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy9 months ago

A wonderful, sweet story!

5

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfire9 months ago

NIce job, ronde, a sweet class reunion story and romance with a backdrop that reminds me more than a little of my own tiny high school. Thanks as always for writing and sharing.

goodshoes2goodshoes29 months ago

Perfect. Enjoy all of your stories, so please keep writing.

OvercriticalOvercritical9 months ago

A warm intimate story about nice people and leaves me with a nice feeling. Nothing spectacular, but for the result I rate it 5*.

BlueFox007BlueFox0079 months ago

Thank you ronde for the memories. Married to my high school sweetheart who helped me plan our fiftieth reunion, we’re preparing for her younger sister to fly from rural middle America to the city for a family visit. This small town Viet Nam era veteran really liked this story. 5 Stars.

Ravey19Ravey199 months ago

Good, never been to a school reunion as we don't have them, as far as I'm aware. A typically enjoyable ronde story with a nice backdrop story. I never did quite understand the US invasion of Grenada??

A_BierceA_Bierce9 months ago

My graduating class was only 21, and I can still find the torch I carried for the girl who was going steady with a good friend. He was a Huey pilot in Vietnam and survived almost 7 months. She married and divorced twice more, has three children by husbands 1 and 2, and still rocks a red dress (LBDs are overrated, IMO). I'm thinking of going to our next all-50s reunion (we have to combine classes to get enough attendees) to see if she wears that red dress again. Thanks for the memories.

Falstaff60Falstaff609 months ago

Loved the story. Like stories of unusual relationships such as interracial couples, disabilities, social outcasts who morph into butterflies and such. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Very Good ! Thank you!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

muskyboymuskyboy9 months ago

Very nice, 5/5. Only thought was it would have been a little better without "I even got married once...for one whole year." It didn't add anything to the story and took away a little of the romance for me...

Storyteller0112Storyteller01129 months ago

I was entranced by this. The one little thing is that the U.S. invaded Grenada, which you got right initially, not Granada which would have offended Spain mightily.

HansTrimbleHansTrimble9 months ago

I simply loved it. I didn't quite get why he thought he wasn't a man because he was one leg shy, but I've known several combat veterans and they each have their own way of reacting to what they've been through.

The description of the reunion was right on. I went to most of my wife's, but never to any of my own. I read everything my classmates wrote, and could see that it was just another chance for some of them to show that they had been more successful than the next guy, and I never felt a need to enter that contest. I thought about replying using company stationery with my name and title printed on it, but I decided I didn't care to enter their silly competition.

That was then, this is now. I think they're all dead except me. So now, every morning when I wake up, I roll out of bed for the latest class reunion, also known as breakfast. 74 years since graduation, and the class of 1949 is just me!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Another delightful tale, well told. Thanks for sharing your gift here. 5*+

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Thank you for a beautiful love story. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

What a wonderful couple -- a wonderful couple precisely because both Tom and Grace are wonderful, warm, welcoming people. They fit well together. I imagine when they trip each other and realize they are not bodily perfect, they are perfect on the side, and find that attractive. I'd believe that Tom has a bit of a sexy spread of chest hair to make him even more attractive to Grace. Great story!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Very sweet thank you

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A simple enjoyable story.

ReadyOneReadyOne9 months ago

No as sappy as I expected! VG

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc9 months ago

Little bit too straight forward storyline from you, but definitely a "feel good" story. All the normal accolades for being well structured and written. 4.6*

musicman1261musicman12619 months ago

Very enjoyable story!

Davester37Davester379 months ago

This is a pretty simple, straightforward love story without much color or texture, and scarcely a bit of conflict, but I enjoyed it just the same. As always, thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

TNHaremDadTNHaremDad9 months ago

That invasion is one of America's forgotten battles. My first assignment in the Army was co-located with the Rangers that jumped into that place. The fighting was fierce in several places and was one of the first tests of the all-volunteer army post Vietnam. Apart from Clint Eastwood's historically inaccurate film almost no one seems to remember that action so nice to see it come up in a story here.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

pretty good. I was ,sort of, hoping the story was about Wilma.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Being a left leg amputee myself, I really enjoyed the story....especially as I am hoping to go to my fiftieth class reunion next month!!!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A good story and example of some small minded people

icemn67icemn678 months ago

A sweet story. I 60 years since my HS graduation. My life took a left turn after that day. I'm glad at least in this story Tom life was at peace.

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I really like the story, but ... there's a little bit of cognitive dissonance here. Your Monroe County sure sounds a lot different from Monroe County here in southern Lower Michigan. Monroe isn't exactly the big city, and a lot of the county is rural/agricultural, but a lot of it is suburban, and there are a LOT of high schools in the county.

.

I'm with another commenter earlier: I find it kind of hard to understand Tom's feelings about being an amputee, especially almost 20 years later. But there's no accounting for feelings. Still, I'm pretty surprised some of his women coworkers didn't push him hard enough to get him over it. (And I'll point out that some people haven't found the motivations of my own characters all that comprehensible, either, though they make good sense to me.)

.

In any case, a very sweet story. Reasonably crisp and to the point. Not saccharine, but sweet.

wwaldripwwaldrip6 months ago

Great story, just went to my fiftieth reunion in September, I had been back to a few. Rear surprised to see how people change over a period of time. Some of the hatred and pettiness give way to apologies to the ways they acted and treated you. Then they want to make amends and become your friend. Loved your story.

DadieODadieO19 days ago

Dang u write some pretty good stuff. 👍

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
2373 Followers
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

SIMILAR Stories