HighTail University Pt. 05

Story Info
HighTail University Part 5!
2.9k words
4.33
3.3k
1
0

Part 5 of the 9 part series

Updated 12/14/2023
Created 06/26/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Part 5: Lemondrops

By Firefly

The clip-clop of hooves against the hard linoleum floors was a surprisingly enjoyable sound as Lily followed her tour guide along. Normally you'd expect a regular tour guide, but in a school that was known for its pony-based-career-tracks, they tended to employ a bit of a different method. The tour guide in question was a tall woman, dressed in a cute tour guide outfit. A straight skirt, a dress shirt, a vest, and a tastefully tied scarf. All in the school colors. But that's where the similarity to a regular tour guide ended.

An intricate black leather harness was cinched around her torso, it bore a chest plate with an intricate design of the school's logo glowing in pastel blue LEDs. A matching bridle was on her head, complete with leather horse ears, and a holographic HUD stretching between two panels on either side of her eyes. This screen was a HUD connected to the school's network as well as possessing many other functions including a map that guided the tour. In this case, it had now led them to everything from the Gymnastics Club to the Swim Club. The school boasted MANY amazing extracurricular activities and so far Lily was a bit overwhelmed at the sheer range of choices.

Many of the Club leads and Team Captains had come to chat with them personally when they arrived. Explaining their activities, expectations and welcoming Lily to the school, even though she wasn't a new student. But her guide had told her to just go with it so that her 'first impression' wasn't spoiled. And so she had.

Now they were making their way along the central hallway in the school that led to the rear exit. The same one Lily had been running across at full speed the other day to make it to class. NOt only did this path lead to the dorm buildings. It also led to the training grounds as well as the extensive ponygirl facilities encompassed in a very barn-like setting at the rear of the school. These facilities took up nearly half of the land the school was situated on. After all, you didn't name your University 'HighTail' without an impressive array of pony-based facilities, courses, and assets.

Designed as it was, the school sat on a slight angle. With the school being at the bottom of a very subtle slope. Subtle enough that you couldn't even see most of the pony facilities until you got to the 'crest' of the walking path. A crest that Lily and her guide now made their way towards, "So, what do you think so far Miss McKinsey?" The tour guide asked, she was a bitless pony, needing her voice to offer proper tours.

"I told you, call me Lily. No need for formality. But so far, I get the impression there's been a lot that I've missed out on in the last six months. Living in a bubble really does make you unaware of all the amazing things a school offers doesn't it?"

The tour guide chuckled, pressing a series of buttons in the control unit she held deep within the thick leather armbinder that held her arms behind her back. This brought up several screens on her HUD, "Well, you'd be surprised how many people live in a similar situation. They come to school and simply fall into their classes. Never realizing the scope of the things that their school offers. I keep saying we need a better advertising budget for the extracurriculars, but no changes yet, unfortunately."

Lily nodded, "It would certainly help. Because I didn't even know about half of these facilities before you showed me today."

The pony slowed down slightly, turning about and tilting her head a little, "Something tells me you're one of the few who didn't get a tour before attending?"

"How could you tell?"

The pony blew a few strands of sun-kissed blonde out of her face, "Oh you know...the sense of wonder and awe on that face is a dead giveaway. Although I expect that to be eclipsed by the sights you're about to be presented with."

As the guide said this, they reached the crest of the rather subtle hill, and the sight before them was...bustling. Stretched out for what felt like miles was The HighTail University PonyGirl Farm. A state-of-the-art training facility for people who wanted to dip their toes into a pony-based career, which these days encompassed just about any career you could think of. Within reason. Obviously, you didn't see Ponies flipping burgers, but you did see them in everything from the police to delivery services. What had once been considered a 'fad' for the pursuit of a greener world, had ended up as a part of life that changed the world.

The sight before the pair of them was a literal sea of activity. Surrounding a huge multi-level barn were all sorts of training facilities. In one field, ponies in basic tack ran obstacle courses. Dipping and ducking around obstacles, leaping over low walls, and being encouraged by trainers dressed in classical English riding gear. Crisp white collared shirts, beige breeches, tall riding boots, and a stern look on their faces as they directed their charges. In another field, a dozen ponies ran on treadmills. Each one fitted with its own holo-screen showing the 'terrain' they were running through as a sense of entertainment. Near the barn was what looked like several ponies being taken through almost military-like drill commands.

Everywhere you looked there was a different form of activity going on. Lily blinked several times. She hadn't realized the sheer amount of ponies attending the school. Heck, she'd never even come to peek at this facility previous to now.

"Pretty impressive huh?" Her tour guide asked.

"It's...uh...something." Lily said simply.

The tour guide chuckled at this response, "Well, THIS is the school's Ponygirl training facility. Preparing students for a variety of career's in a variety of fields that require ponies."

"Ah, so why are we here then?"

The tour guide raised a well-plucked eyebrow, "Do you think ponies only come here for career tracks? We're here because the school has a Ponygirl club. For those curious about it, or who want to enjoy it as a hobby and not a career, or for those who are simply curious. We are here to speak to the head of the Ponyplay club. The head of whom my HUD tells me is currently at the stadium." She nodded towards the large oval building behind the main barn. Set up with all sorts of stadium lights and with an immaculately kept green lawn housed in its center and painted similar to a soccer field.

"Ponygirl club..." Lily said simply. While she'd avoided the whole pony-crazy most of her life. It was hard to ignore such a big part of the world. It annoyed her, having it in her face all the time but she had promised Professor Barnes that she'd go through this tour with an open mind and it's what she intended to do, even if she was telling herself that this club was DEFINITELY not for her.

"Yes. Ponygirl club. Now shall we? If we hurry along we can likely watch a few polo matches before speaking to the club head." The tour guide turned, trotting down the path towards the cornucopia of facilities.

Lily it seemed didn't have much of a choice but to follow. She hurried along behind the enthusiastic tour guide who was off at a slow trot down the slope towards the training facility below.

It wasn't often Lily felt a bit out-of-place. It was one thing to see ponies milling about in society as they had been since before she was born. It was another to be walking behind one and through a training facility full of them. It felt a bit like being a fresh piece of meat in a lion's den with how many eyes fell upon her. Or at least, how many eyes she felt like were on her. In truth, a few spared her a glance but many were too entwined in their training to really spare her much attention.

They walked by the group of Mares and Stallions trotting away on the treadmills. All of them gleaming with sweat in the summer sun bearing down upon them. At the far end, one pony was standing still as one of the trainers toweled him down and slathered him in sunscreen. The rest continued to trot away, seeming to enjoy the holographic screens showing their progress through forests, trails, and even post-apocalyptic settings. A lot of thought had gone into making pony training more interesting.

Lily did let her eyes roam a fair bit as they walked down the central path, moving to the side as a cart being pulled by a mare and a stallion rolled by, a trainer on the back cracking a whip several times to which they responded by turning the next corner they came to.

"It's like a whole different world." Lily mused.

"That's how many see it. An escape from reality in a way." Her tour guide responded, turning a corner and leading Lily around the far end of the barn. It was funny how much it could feel like a horse farm, but at the same time not. For one thing, it didn't smell like horses. Though it did have a particular scent that Lily couldn't put her finger on. Like that almost sweet smell that permeated a gymnastics club but mixed with the smell of latex and leather. It certainly wasn't unpleasant.

Around the corner they moved, dipping and dodging around anyone they went by, a few people offering a wave to the tour guide and her protege. It didn't take long to get clear of the barn, making their way to the fairly large stadium in the back. It was built in, with rooms and hallways running through the underside of the stadium-style seating surrounding it. It was like a miniaturized football field. The tour guide led Sofia in through a set of double doors and up a flight of stairs to the lower level of the stadium seating so they were in the seats closest to and just above the field. Down below was a group of six ponies who were playing what Lily could only describe as...soccer? Except the ball was a few sizes bigger than a soccer ball and was being kicked about with hooves rather than feet.

The pair settled into a seat as the ponies below played, kicking the ball back and forth until eventually a goal was scored in one of the two goals, one red and one blue. A sharp buzzer sounded and the six made their way back towards the center, one of the ponies on the left team looked like she was limping slightly.

"Oi! Twilly, did you roll your hoof or something?" Asked a pony with short fiery red and orange mane of hair, she was also the only one without a bit in her mouth.

The pony in question, dressed in green and black looked down at her feet, encased from toe to knee in black leather hoof boots. She lifted her right hoof and tapped it on the ground a few times gingerly before looking up at the fiery-haired pony and nodding.

The fiery one let out a sigh, "I figured. Off to the care station with you then, get that ankle iced and sorted. I'm putting you back in hoof training as soon as you're back on it. That's the third time you've rolled it in a month and I can't keep risking you breaking a hoof and hoping you'll just get better."

The green-clad pony slumped slightly and nodded again.

The fiery one moved over and bent over, looking up and into Twilly's eyes, "Don't pout. Do better. I know you've got some skill in you, I just think we rushed you through things a bit too quickly. So let's get your basics sorted and you'll be back on the field before long. Ok?" She leaned up, pressing her nose against Twilly's, who smiled around her bit before nodding.

Trotting about the Fiery pony would give Twilly a kick in the backside to encourage her to hurry off and get her ankle looked at in the care station back at the barn.

The fiery pony, also the only one whose hands weren't bound, reached up, flipping off the transparent blue HUD screen over her eyes and motioning the rest of the group over, "Alright guys, we're a bit short and it looks like we have a guest. So I'm going to take a small break and you can do 2v2 for now. Carrot, I expect quicker returns when you get the ball. Blue, when you have the ball, work on control. You keep losing it because you can't keep it between your legs, I know...stallion problems and all that. But focus! Rain, Ephereal, You two just keep up what you're doing. Your time spent practicing off the clock is really showing!"

Clapping her hands she'd wave the four away who went back to the center to continue their practice. The fiery female reached up, running a hand through her messy sweat-soaked hair before unclipping a water bottle from a special holder on her thigh and taking a long drink as she walked towards the same tunnel that Lily and the Tour guide would have come in. It was only a few moments after Lily watched the woman disappear that the sound of her tough-soled pony boots coming up the stairs could be heard.

Lily watched her tour guide get up and hurry over, burying her face into the neck of the fiery pony in question who let out a chuckle and smiled.

"Well hello there Lemondrop! Gosh, it's been a hot minute hasn't it?" She asked, wrapping her arms around the tour guide, Lemondrop, and giving her a tight hug.

Lily realized that until now she'd not even bothered asking the woman's name. It wasn't often she let herself slip and be quite THAT rude. She reached up, tousling her hair a little bit.

"Too long Ember! Gosh. Two years now isn't it?"

Ember grinned and patted Lemondrop on the head, "Something like that. I'd heard you were giving tours at the Haysonian? What brings you back here? And as a tour guide no less?"

Lemondrop shrugged a little, "Honestly? I missed the place. The Haysonian paid more but wasn't nearly as fulfilling. Y'know?"

Ember nodded, "As someone who has chosen to remain and become a trainer here for that exact reason, I get it." Ember crossed her arms over her chest and leaned back against the railing, "So who is the fresh piece of meat you've brought me?" She asked, her eyes giving Lily a very thorough scan from top-to-bottom making the brunette feel slightly uncomfortable. Funny to think the most uncomfortable one was fully clothed while the confident and Fiery ember had barely any material covering her except the racer-style pony boots, and the barely-existing bikini bottom covering her 'bits'. The rest of her was nearly bare. She wore red and orange gloves that came up to her elbows with her full breasts hanging out for all to see. Although with the intricate brand-work it didn't feel like she wasn't covered. She had tribal-like racing stripes emblazoned on her body in different places giving her a very sporty look. The marks weren't actually brands so much as a modern breakthrough in temporary tattoos that could be done in an infinite number of designs and colors. Ponies often used it to create a unique appearance much like Ember.

Besides the design, she also had a number 7 emblazoned in a slightly glittery orange just above her left breast and a small and curious yellow tag hanging from her right ear. A tag that Lily had noticed almost every pony was wearing.

"That my dear Ember, Is Lily! She's my first tour after coming back to the school. She's on the hunt for extracurriculars to add to her attendance list. You've got the pleasure of being her last club tour of the day."

Ember pushed off the railing, sparing a glance at the ponies down below for a moment and letting a grin slip across her lips. She planted her hooves in an almost overly confident way and crossed her arms again.

"Say, Lily, You ever played polo before?" Ember asked suddenly.

"Can't say I have. Don't keep up much with sports." Lily said with a small, even shy, shrug.

"Want to try it?"

"I uhm...wouldn't want to interfere with your practice or anything."

"Ember...Take it easy on her..." Lemondrop said softly.

Ember seemed to disregard Lemondrop's words and stretched, "Nonsense, you wouldn't be interfering. C'mon, you can come kick the ball around with us for a few minutes. No way to tell if you'll like a club without trying it right?"

Lily looked between Ember and Lemondrop, the latter offering her a bit of a helpless look.

"I'll pass. I'm hardly dressed for the part and I'm just touring today."

Ember grinned, "Nonsense. Tack is only part of the equation. One becomes a pony in here first..." She poked Lily's forehead with a red-painted fingernail, "...Long before they ever dress the part. C'mon newbie. Get your ass onto the field. Let's see if you've got the legs for it. No time like the present!" And without taking any sort of protest or argument, she took Lily by the hand, tugging her along towards the stairs and towards the center of the field where the other ponies stopped and tilted their heads curiously.

Lemondrop couldn't help but sigh, walking over to lean on the rail and watch.

"Personal space never was Ember's strong suit..." She mumbled.