Hiking Partner Swap Ch. 01

Story Info
New friends have their roles exchanged.
6.2k words
4.24
32.5k
42

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 09/18/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

New friends have their roles exchanged

[Friendships acknowledged]

My husband and I grabbed a rare weekend away. Ideally, this would become more regular again now that our daughter is in high school and capable of staying home alone. One activity we enjoyed during our early dating was hiking and camping. We used to do wilderness backpacking but for this weekend we chose a state park with a wonderfully romantic Inn.

We drove down Thursday after work and had a pleasant evening together in the Inn. We always had a strong connection, yet as expected, alone time has not always been a priority in recent years. Even with only one child our commitments often consume our energies. Our marriage remained strong even after the affection waned with competing interests.

But tonight was tender and intense. Mike, who is always exhausted after a long week, showed a good willingness to relax and focus. Our sex is typically nothing special and is quite routine. He gives me a backrub, I touch him until he is aroused, and we fuck for ten minutes until he comes. It may not be adventurous but I do enjoy it. I hope with more time together like this weekend, we might explore more adventure and break some of our routines. I wish it wasn't my role to push us sexually but at least Mike is amenable. It isn't that he doesn't enjoy sex. It's just that he is more content than I with a few routine times a month.

We showered in the morning with flirting that didn't lead to sex. Nothing unusual as we were excited to get outdoors and explore the park. This location had trails in every direction with several large waterfalls and rock formations. We headed out for a morning hike.

Instead of packing food, we relied on the restaurant at the Inn for lunch. It was this first lunch that we met our new friends; Brad and Valerie. They exited the trail just behind us and we saw them go up to their room on our floor. We cleaned up briefly then headed down to the cafeteria. It was there that we ran into Brad and Valerie at the entrance.

"Good morning, did you two have a nice hike?", Brad energetically greeted us. "We kept seeing you on the trails ahead of us this morning. Not that we were spying." Brad seemed like a joker and quite gregarious.

"Oh, we saw you exit the trails just behind us but didn't see anyone else all morning. Hope we didn't slow you up? We probably seemed to meander a bit as we were enjoying the incredible scenery" I typically engage strangers during introductions as Mike is somewhat reserved when first meeting people.

Brad further introduced himself and Val, assuring us the hiking proximity didn't hinder their experience.

After the normal pleasantries and introductions, Brad took the initiative and asked us to join them for lunch. Like us, they had no set plans this weekend and their agenda was quite fluid. Brad was very comfortable meeting new people. Their relationship seemed so similar to us. Mike isn't necessarily that romantic and has appreciated me guiding our social life. I was sure he didn't really expect a private lunch today.

Brad looked at Valerie for tacit approval as we accepted the offer. I shared our excitement as it is seldom for us to get away and spend time with other adults.

And with that, we had lunch with new friends. Over lunch we discovered the similarities extended broader. Brad and Valerie also have one daughter in high school. As I suspected, Brad is outgoing while Valerie is more reserved. For the most part, Brad and I dominated the conversation with Mike and Valerie responding to questions when engaged.

"I love these parks", Brad commented at the end of lunch. "We used to come here often so this is like a return to our single days. We were planning to explore the west trails this afternoon. If you two don't have other plans would you be interested in joining us?"

Mike surprisingly accepted the offer before I could. It was an unusual engagement for him. I wasn't sure if he was afraid of an afternoon with just me or if he enjoyed the lunch conversation that much.

I saw Valeria smile. She was cute. She had a natural beauty that seemed hidden behind a quiet veneer. I personally run and work out as much as possible but Valerie looked like she was at risk of letting herself go. I attributed this to a difference in personality. While I tended to get outdoors for exercise and socialization, Valerie admitted she tended to be an inside book person.

For the early afternoon we walked as couples and stopped frequently to take pictures. Val considered herself to be an avid photographer. It changed our pace a bit as she was contemplative when taking pictures. Brad on the other hand was more about living in the moment. He demonstrated comfort in enjoying the present and letting the experiences develop, while Val seemed to hold onto moments with her pictures.

Mike understood Val. "I am very much the same way", Mike affirmed. I have never tried to hold Emily back as she just dives into new experiences. It would be like tugging the reins of a young filly if I ever tried." Val affirmed Mike's understanding of our dynamics. She shared how long it took them to find a balance in their personalities.

Mike and Valerie kept up a conversation which was quite rare for Mike. Brad and I, as expected, were just talking and sharing in-depth. Eventually the walking situation with Mike and me upfront was noticeably a problem so we naturally adjusted our pattern with Valerie moving upfront with Mike while I moved to the back with Brad. It seemed best to let Mike and Valerie control the speed since they were the ones to keep stopping and looking; always staying on the path. Brad and I were jumping from conversation to conversation with a natural energetic rhythm. We were constantly leaving the path to see some new view and to avoid standing and waiting for Mike and Valerie.

We all commented on how much fun this was and how well we were all matched. Brad made the first observation. "It's almost like we swapped hiking partners". We all laughed both at the topic of swapping and at the accuracy of the observation. The afternoon was extremely fun.

That night Mike was driven in bed. Something about that day sparked him. The normal backrub included way more foreplay and unique touching. And while the sex wasn't any longer, he thrust with a new sense of energy. I reciprocated with more head and touching as a reward. I welcomed any opportunity to encourage Mike in longer sex; or at least creativity.

We had already made arrangements to hike with Brad and Val again on Friday. Our structure followed the same pattern: Brad and I explored side trails while Mike and Val stopped at every interesting plant and flower. I have never been bored with Mike, as we continue to enjoy each other in every stage of life. Yet I enjoyed Brad's energy as a hiking partner. As one that enjoys meeting new people, I am well aware of new relationship energy. That emotional intelligence keeps me grounded in Mike. Yet I also know that I am happier when developing new relationships and felt no reservation for Brad's enthusiasm.

Today we all brought lunches and chose longer trails. We stopped on a high rock cluster overlooking the valley below. I sat next to Mike, holding his hand in affection. Yet there were essentially two different conversations taking place. Brad and I couldn't stop teasing each other. His laugh was contagious. Val seemed to relish the peacefulness of Mike as they seemed to be pleased with their more reserved relationship.

After lunch, we hiked down into a wooded bowl and found the most amazing pristine lake. The trails were quiet, possibly as most hikers avoided the afternoon heat. In hindsight, this private setting, and our new couple arrangements, encouraged somewhat risque decisions on my part.

The heat was intense and I always enjoyed lake swimming. Brad encouraged us to all swim but Val and Mike didn't want to get their clothes wet. Mike and I are not extremely shy and often skinny dip together, but that behaviour just didn't seem appropriate with a new couple friendship developing in one day. Yet Brad and I simultaneously agreed to go swimming while Mike and Val sat on the shore. I probably pushed the limits some by choosing to remove my clothing down to panties and a sports bra. I knew Mike wouldn't object to that level of freedom. My declaration, and quick shunning of the top layer of clothing, gave Brad the opening to disrobe down to his underwear as well. We jumped into the water before contemplation could transition to objection, and swam out away from shore.

It was glorious and seemed fully appropriate. The sun was hot. The water was warm. Brad was adequately in shape. In reality, Mike was way more attractive from my perspective. But there is always something appealing about confidence; which Brad exuded. We swam together freely with our bodies periodically bumping when we got too close. We ended up near the shore slightly away from Mike and Val which allowed us to stand and explore the water for life. Once we both attempted to grab the same frogs only to get our hands intertwined. We held hands for more than a few moments, totally naturally, while we continued our ongoing conversation. It was very innocent and intimate, except maybe our visual enjoyment of each other standing in wet underwear.

Eventually, we swam back to Mike and Val who had walked up the trail for some unknown interest. As I exited the water it became quite apparent, both our undergarments left nothing to the imagination once wet. My panties and his shorts were nearly see-through. My sports bra was fine visually, but it was smaller than I remembered, leaving my torso and breasts quite exposed. Brad made no mention of this situation as he tried to politely get dressed without gawking, although he failed miserably and couldn't keep from repeated glances of my body. I struggled to pull on my shirt over my wet skin. As we were essentially alone, Brad approached me and attempted to help pull down my shirt. There were two results from this action. First, his hands got a fairly good touch of my skin, including the sides of my sports bra. I didn't mind the touch and could have enjoyed the lingering further. The second was that he became somewhat aroused. His wet shorts now made his hiking shorts wet; with everything clinging to a growing bulge.

I smiled in a way not to cause him embarrassment. He in turn nodded in acknowledgment in a 'what are you going to do' sort of gesture. We walked up the trail to find our mates; I stayed in front of him giving as much cover as possible until he regained his composure. As far as we could tell no one else noticed either act.

[The discussion]

After the hike, Mike and I showered off the afternoon sweat. The shower was unusually hot between us. We still didn't fuck but Mike gave me an amazing hand job. There is nothing hotter than a good finger banging in the shower. My knees buckled as he held me up. We kissed passionately as we dried off and lay bare on the bed to rest. I, still feeling internally excited, gave Mike a good long blow job. He first objected and said I didn't need to reciprocate. I, for my part, was not doing this out of any obligation. I was still aroused from the titillating swim with Brad, even after my shower orgasm. Having a hard cock in my mouth allowed me to savor the buzz a bit longer.

Normally Mike tries to orgasm quickly from a blow job. I think he feels unsure about receiving one-sided sexual favors and I have not yet beat that tendency out of him. But today I was more directive. When I felt him try to finish, I pulled his cock out and held him. I also told him to intentionally wait as long as possible; overcoming his expected objection. When I felt he was ready I pushed his cock back into my mouth for more oral sensation. I edged him this way for a good 30 minutes before letting him come on my chest. The volume of his come was way more than normal; not surprising from the edging. What was unusual was him allowing me to control the blow job. I also fingered myself to climax at the same time.

Once I was cleaned up Mike opened the conversation. He was more aware than I expected that I was fantasizing while blowing him. He wasn't at all concerned and unselfishly encouraged me to enjoy my sexual tension with Brad through the weekend. I was a bit shocked at how well formulated his thoughts were already. He was more aware of my own feelings than I was at this time.

For his part, Mike also acknowledged his enjoyment of Val. They didn't seem to have any traditional sexual tension. Yet it was precisely their familiarity of personality that pleased him. We had already made dinner plans with Brad and Val, and I suggested we cancel to allow us to process what was going on. Mike challenged this suggestion, noting the weekend was going to be short, and whatever we both were experiencing could be discussed deeper once we returned home.

Dinner time was quickly approaching and we agreed to proceed as planned. Mike also suggested that just like lunch, we could each spend more time exploring the other person. The details weren't worked out but we went forward as he verbalized.

[The open suggestions]

Brad and Val both showed up dressed beautifully. Apparently they always plan for formality on their Friday dinners at this Inn. Brad was seriously composed in a tight dress shirt. His slacks and shoes were fashionable. Beyond our hiking introductions, he was quite the looker when he cleaned up.

Val was equally put together. She was still a bit frumpy in her physical shape, but her dress was beautiful, complimented by exquisite jewelry. Mike and I were well dressed for a Park Inn, but not near to their level.

The conversations were split, just as Mike predicted. Brad and I were locked in conversation, both flirting with our eyes and non-verbal communications. Mike and Val were laughing at something silly. Watching them enjoy each other was thrilling. As the dinner proceeded, Val unmistakably made the most controversial observation and request. It was probably clear to anyone observing our interactions, but it took Val's straightforward remarks to make the next move happen.

Val noted that she and Mike were interested in walking down to the horse stables after dinner. Brad dislikes equestrian facilities so she knew he had no interest. Val asked if she could have Mike for an evening walk leaving Brad and me together. Everyone agreed, which seemed to satisfy the reality of the evening. Then Val took it one more step.

"It is very clear that you two have a bit of energy between you. Mike and I discussed how we are feeling about you two, and surprisingly we are both very comfortable with acknowledging what is happening. I want to encourage you two to be free to explore your feelings further."

That left a bit of a pause while everyone contemplated what she was implying. She continued to clarify, "that means you are free to be close, including touch. You both have permission this weekend to build your relationship however you want."

The group's silence wasn't yet broken but it was no longer based on trying to understand Val's intention. She was permitting me to get physically intimate with her husband.

I reached over for Mike's hand as he affirmed this position. "I also see what is going on here. And yes, I'd like the same freedom to be natural with Val when we are alone. We certainly don't have the exact same interest as you two are showing, but that isn't the goal. The goal, or my desire, is for you and Brad to continue exploring each other; however that falls out."

Brad wasn't quite as surprised as I was, but he still measured his response. I asked Val for a walk to the women's room for private discussion; which she accepted. Alone, Val explained more of her thinking. While we were swimming, Mike shared with Val our slight differences in sexual desires. Val has been dealing with the exact same scenarios with Brad. Both of them equally expressed a large absence of jealousy. Mike and Val had agreed to give each of their spouses a hall pass to improve the tensions at home. I never really thought of it as significant tension. Val did a great job explaining how it was more of a conflict for both of them trying not to disappoint their spouses.

Those two days were an unexpectedly positive experience so far. Our time together was limited. The physical proximity provided the opportunity. Each of the four individuals would have a familiar safe partner to share their feelings as they wanted. It was a lot to communicate in a very short conversation. Within ten minutes I was convinced to return to Mike, and possibly Brad.

As soon as we got to the table, Mike stood and approached me. He grabbed me in an embrace, kissed me passionately, and whispered ever so quiet as to not upset the otherwise public room. He simply said that I should please accept the offer. We should finish dinner, each assigned to the other spouse. I should spend the evening with Brad, and if I agreed, we could return to each other at breakfast. In my wildest interpretation, I was prepared to return to our room before midnight. When he mentioned breakfast the entire suggestion took on a whole new meaning. He told me to spend the night with another man that I only befriended the day before. Of course this meant he too would spend the night with his new female friend. There wasn't a lot of time to absorb the entire request so we went forward with the plan.

[The swap]

I sat down next to Brad and continued dinner conversations. The only thing that changed at this point was our proximity to each other. Mike and Val moved closer and continued their discussions; every so often glancing at us and smiling. Brad equally moved close to me and allowed his arm to be behind me while we talked intimately. Before dessert, Val asked Mike to escort her to the horse stables for a night walk. She walked around the table to me, hugged me, and told me to take Brad out to the patio for the sunset. Her instructions were surprisingly direct.

I could have overthought the entire chain of events. The last hour was abrupt. It was also indicative of what was taking place over the last 48 hours. Then again it just felt natural; at least spending the evening with a new friend; including the freedom to be physically intimate. The overnight expectation was a bit beyond my comfort level but I chose to move forward until it felt wrong. I did think about my husband spending the night with Val. I wasn't really jealous, nor concerned about our marriage. We were not overcoming significant conflicts in our relationship and were very secure with each other. It might have been self-deceiving in thinking he was unlikely to have sex anyway. But maybe, just maybe, the newness would bring him across that line. Thinking he might fuck Val was nearly exciting to me.

Brad gently took my arm while we walked out to the balcony for the sunset. He felt warm, was surprisingly strong and commanding, and it all felt wonderful. I focused on my breathing and relaxed into the experience in front of me.

Several couples were all standing outside for what must be a nightly ritual. Given the anonymity of the crowd, no one suspected Brad wasn't my partner. Brad stood behind me with his arms encompassing my shoulders. I leaned back into his chest, wrapping my arms around his. We stood silently watching the transforming red sky above the treeline as I felt his breath on my neck. He pulled me in tighter giving me some indication of his physical arousal, no longer showing any signs of embarrassment. He was communicating his intentions with our physical closeness.

We stood like that for a significant amount of time. As the red sky dwindled and darkness settled in, most couples left the observation area leaving us alone. Brad continued to hold me tight while whispering in my ear his thoughts. He had no more warning of Val's declaration than I. They too were considered to have a strong marriage. Yes, they did have some libido challenges, it had never been anything considered a problem. Val's speech was only an hour old and Brad was already understanding the validity of her acknowledgment. Val had just given him the freedom to add something to his life, nothing that would take away from Val, just something new for him. Brad's final words in my ear were that he intended to accept this freedom and pursue a very physical manifestation of our newfound friendship. As long as I agreed he planned to take me to his room and share a very creative sexual experience.

12