Hinn Ch. 60-62

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'll try. Actually, I should give her a call now, so we can schedule things as best we can."

"OK! Your meal will stay nice and fresh until you're ready for it," Ray offered, making a wish with Tauriz over Hinn to do so.

"Thanks! Be right back," Amber said, before pulling her phone out and stepping into a quiet corner.

"See all the trouble you get me in," Ray fake-groused to Tauriz, who rolled her eyes at him.

"If I didn't know better, I'd think you were looking to cause trouble, Ray," Kendis opined.

Pulling on his professorial air, Ray replied, "It's not so much causing it as continuing it, Kendis." It would have been properly pompous had Tauriz not poked him in the side.

"Hey! I thought we had pax through dinner!" Ray chuckled.

Sternly Tauriz replied, "If you don't call that attitude breaking our peace, neither did my poke." Ray laughed, and after a second Tauriz joined him. At the other table, another helicopter mechanic slipped Maria his business card.

As people finished up, Ray took the time to thank the helicopter crews again. "Even though you just showed up, having you on hand made our jobs easier folks. Thank you. If we need it, we'll certainly be back in touch with you folks first."

One of the pilots look at the other, and they both nodded. "Thanks, boss. Appreciate it - and if nothing happens again, that'd be fine too," he said, grinning as he did.

Turning to the fixed-wing pilot, Ray asked if there'd be any problems getting back home. He answered, "I shouldn't think so, sir. If someone can drive us back to the airport, I can get the flight plan in as we go and we'll get scheduled. I would be very surprised if there're any delays at this end, frankly, and the other airport isn't that busy either."

Nodding his understanding, Ray waved Kendis over and let him know the situation. "Not a problem, Ray - and we'll get you back to your plane in one piece, no worries."

Loading everyone back up, the combined group headed back to the airport. After going back through security and re-fiddling their records under their noses, they separated from the helicopter crews and loaded up the plane. They were taking off again in twenty minutes, and back on the ground an hour later. The rented vans were there, waiting with Skepsi troops ready to drive everyone back home, and they returned without fanfare or incident.

With all the gear, the vans unloaded at the side of the building, letting the well-packed carts into the prior work floor within steps of the elevators. As everyone worked together to get everything in, Ousha showed up from the front of the building.

"Ray?" she queried.

Turning from helping move a cart along, Ray walked up and smiled. "Ousha! Howdy. What can I do for you?"

"While you were out, we got a response from Boch. Their Mr Boch received the bottle of whiskey you'd sent to him and was quite pleased with your gift. He'd like to meet up with you when you've got a minute. He'd wanted to meet this weekend, but on explaining you'd be out of town mid-Friday through early Monday, he suggested meeting Monday night for dinner someplace here in town."

"That'll work, I think - do Betty and Monica agree about the timing, or do we need to push it out further to be safe?"

"Betty expects you'll be home in time for dinner around seven or eight at night, but Monica suggested that having flexibility to meet privately with people you find interesting at the conference before they all scatter to their homes might make some sense. Should we aim for Tuesday night?"

"Monica's got a good point - Tuesday should work. I believe we've got another meeting later in the week with the al-Bakr people, though, right?"

"Yes, but that's not until Thursday."

"Oh, good - then certainly, Tuesday sounds like a good plan, if it's not inconvenient for Mr Boch."

"His agent said he'd be available through Wednesday if need be, so I don't expect it to be a problem. I'll confirm shortly. I'll also ping Jennifer and see if there are any known preferences before we make reservations."

"Excellent, don't forget to ask if he or whoever he typically brings with him have any dietary restrictions, as well."

"OK, Ray, I will do so."

"Thanks, Ousha."

Jessica was next in line. "Ray, if you have some time soon I'd like to spend about an hour or two talking about where you want to go with mortal rights."

"Ousha, how's tomorrow's schedule looking?"

"You've got your normal morning meeting, otherwise it's open."

"How about we talk right after the morning meeting then, Jessica?"

"That's fine by me! We'll set up in the conference room. A lot of stuff to cover, and it won't make sense at first- but hopefully we'll get it all pulled together into a single package by the end."

"Fine, I look forward to learning more about your devious lawyerly tricks."

Jessica chuckled as she walked away, leaving space for Jennifer Boch.

"I go away for half a day and the world ends?" Ray asked Ousha, who was standing off to one side and watching.

"The world clearly revolves around you, Ray, so when you're elsewhere everyone else left behind has to run faster to stay in place!"

Chuckling, Ray turned to Jennifer. "So, how may I help you, Ms Boch?"

"Did I hear that you've gotten a meeting with Mr Boch?"

"We're working on the timing, but yes. He got the whiskey I'd had sent and apparently would like to chat over dinner. We think it'll be next Tuesday after we get back from Long Island."

"Oh. OK, I didn't get any warning from the head office about that. Which is a little strange - Mr Boch is in all practical matters the heart of the firm. He knows where all the skeletons are buried and keeps everything moving at speed."

"So meeting a client as low on the totem pole as I am is unusual?"

"Yes, in a word. Even royals or multinational tycoons generally don't get to meet Mr Boch one-on-one. And his taking time for dinner with a client is also unusual, last time that happened was in Europe a couple years ago."

"Interesting indeed. I asked Ousha to see what restaurants around here would fit best for his preferences and any food allergies or concerns he or his normal staff might have."

"I know his point bodyguard, Cahya Devi, is Buddhist and a vegetarian. I don't know if she'll be present or not, but she usually is if he's not at one of his homes. Then again, he may have other bodyguards present."

"That's reasonable - thanks for the information. Ousha - make sure wherever we set up has good vegetarian and vegan options, please."

Making a note, Ousha nodded.

"Anything else I should know?"

"Well, he's tough to get a handle on. Sometimes he likes to act like an idiot, other times overly serious. Practical jokes seem to happen around him all the time, I'm told - I've met him twice, as part of a group both times. The first was a formal meeting introducing us as we had signed up for work in the last year, and at least half of us sat on whoopee cushions at one point or another. I still have the two I cleared before I sat down back home. Never figured out how he got them in place, either. He runs the family business personally, every day, and is always available in emergencies for whoever needs him. He's somewhere in his late eighties or early nineties, I believe, but incredibly vigorous. The other time I saw him was when he showed up for a yoga class in the New York office, and he had better form than I did. He probably still does, for that matter."

"Interesting! Thanks again - appreciate it quite a bit!"

"You're welcome. If I can help with anything, please just ask," clearly egging Ray on.

"Well, then - since you say that, what else SHOULD I ask?"

"What his standing orders are for questions about himself, perhaps?" she said with a sly grin.

Ray chuckled. "OK, I'll bite. So, what ARE his standing orders about questions regarding himself?"

"It's part of the training that we're required to memorize. 'Honesty in all things, but creativity and fun are also important, so don't hesitate to find ways to have creative fun.'"

"And what does that translate to, in this context?"

"That means that I can't tell you the rest of the standing orders."

Chuckling and nodding, Ray said, "This could get interesting! OK, thanks for the warnings, both explicit and implicit. We'll see what creative fun we can share."

"That should go over pretty well, I'd suspect, Ray."

"OK, anything else I need to know about?"

"Annya said to warn you that you'll have the sensor electricians starting tomorrow, installing the first parts. They'll be working on scaffolding and moving along the sides of the building. At some point, they'll likely be outside your windows as they work in the next week or so."

"Good to know, thanks - we'll get the drapes closed. So all the sensors are in?"

"I don't think so, but I think enough have shown up that they've got the first couple layers covered. They'll put in bracing and run wire for the other sensors when they get delivered, which will speed the install up for those when they get in stock. So, lots of drilling and noise like that, probably."

Nodding, Ray asked, "OK, gotcha - anything else?"

"The vans were handy, did you want to see about getting some?"

"Talk with Tomaz, see what he recommends. I'm fine with the idea, along with one of the black-on-black sedans like we saw at the airport if we need to leave a hoity-toity impression. I suspect that'd be more of a hangar queen than a daily driver - I'm not a big fan of window tinting when I'm driving, personally. See if we should put up a cover or a semi-permanent tent or something to keep them in. Make sure whatever we do is legal, I know there are some odd zoning laws, but I don't know the details. Also mention it to Boch to see what they could do with their plans on expanding this place with buying neighboring lots."

"OK, I'll make sure to get Jessica's input then, too, but you might want to consider having someone else drive. Your time is only going to get more valuable."

"As is my sanity, and sometimes driving can settle me down better than anything short of some good, hard training. Even so, it sounds like you've got a good plan. Nothing else?"

"Nothing else urgent."

"Great! Because my bed is calling me!" Ray chuckled. Turning towards the elevators, Amber and Monica were walking towards him with concerned looks on their faces. "Or not. What's up, ladies?"

"Our mom would like to meet you and Tauriz tomorrow, individually, if you're OK with that?"

"On Long Island?"

"No, she already started driving up. She'll be here early tomorrow, like 4 AM. Apparently, someone else is taking over the setup for the event."

"That doesn't sound like that's the normal situation for these events, is it?"

"No, it isn't. Mom never let us run the setup, even when she was having some health issues that made the whole thing a lot harder for her."

"Hrmm. Is she planning on meeting with us immediately, or would she like to borrow a bed for a few hours, catch a shower and a warm meal first?"

The sisters exchanged looks, "We're not sure, she seemed pretty driven to get up here. Um, pun unintended."

"OK. Well. Ousha - can you please make sure we have a guest room ready for her? Spare toiletries and the like too, it sounds like she's on a mission, and may not have stopped for supplies on the way."

"On it, Ray."

"Thanks. I think I'll head off to bed now. Tauriz, I won't say you have to meet with her, of course, but I will at her convenience."

Tauriz nodded pensively.

Chapter 61

After the three clambered into bed together, snuggling up for the night, Tauriz asked, "So, what will be the story we tell the others about Ousha sleeping here?"

"First off, it's not their business. Second off, see number one," Ray replied half-jokingly.

"If we do not address it, we cannot shape their opinions. Given my understanding of modern mores and ethical prejudice, I would suggest that we should be shaping them."

"A fair point. Ousha? What would you prefer?"

"While I am very happy that you two have pulled me into your lives, all else being equal, I would prefer it to remain private. Given Tauriz' thoughts, I do tend to agree that we should ensure the people working for you are willing to accept the relationships. It seems it should make all our lives easier and more pleasant."

"Well, first off, they're working for us - we're a family, right?"

Ray felt them tap Hinn, drawing in his understanding of family. He watched as their eyes filled with happy tears just before they buried him in almost-frantic kisses. The thoughts and feelings flooding through Hinn were even more overwhelming - that Ray accepted them as they were. That they belonged together, not just to him. Had that been the case, it would have been plenty, but mutually, equally, as parts of a greater whole - the thought of being a family blew them away.

Ray accepted the buffeting emotions, holding his ladies close both physically and in Hinn. He knew their acceptance, felt their concerns melting away as they drew from his convictions and his certainty that 'together' was right and that 'mastery,' while quite fun at times, wasn't appropriate at the core of a loving relationship.

"I figured you hadn't understood me when we'd discussed this before. I am only 'master' when I have to be for your sheathe, Tauriz. I am yours, and you are mine. I'm not even your master, Ousha - but you are mine, and I am yours. I leave it up to you two as to your relat.."

Ousha and Tauriz interrupted, locking eyes with each other as they said simultaneously, "I'm yours."

Laughing, Ray squeezed them close. Reaching out via Hinn, pulling Tauriz and Ousha with him, they went out of their way to include Dhakira. "You too are ours, my dear, and we are also yours."

The shockwaves roiling through Hinn expanded. Even though Ray had shared those concepts with Dhakira before, they hadn't fully accepted them as reality. They couldn't do otherwise, now - nothing was held back by this human Hinn, and they couldn't hold back their whole selves given that generosity.

"Ray, Ousha, Tauriz, you make us so confused, and so happy. We were made to be subservient, never intended to be equals, but we are yours as long as you'll have us. You will have to excuse us, all the memories that we are, are in tumult. Many rejoice, some fear, others lust for more, and the balance that we have maintained these many years is rapidly falling apart."

"What can we do to help," was what all three of their family offered in Hinn. No hesitation, no doubt - just love and support and concern.

Dhakira accepted the reinforcement and, for the first time in millennia, hesitantly stretched beyond the comfort levels they had received. They deliberately changed themselves, becoming something different, starting slowly. Without warning, the pace increased until they were tumbling along faster than thought, swifter than perception. They gathered in the recorded essence of each of the other three as Hinn knew them. Absorbing, considering, merging their memories and personalities, their hopes and dreams and concerns. As the process sped beyond their comprehension, the fabric of Hinn began tearing under the unexpected strain. The combinations Dhakira found in her partners became strong supports thrust through the morass of many memories that underlay their whole existence, stabilizing the whole within Hinn and keeping Hinn itself from unraveling.

The replacement Dhakira formed from Ray,Tauriz, and Ousha fit snugly in place, held firm against the tides and strife whenever so many personalities conflicted. The rough anarchy she'd ridden for century after century was replaced with a firm, guiding hand that cupped the sum of their selves, tamping down the worst of the chaos without imposing limitation, emphasizing their adaptability while helping secure the central, emergent personality.

The four shook, the emotional costs of withstanding the changes blasting out from Dhakira washing over and through the others' understanding of each other, of Hinn, and of their own goals. Something started by an unnamed Great Hinn thousands of years ago came a step closer to fruition, and Dhakira stopped being whatever that Hinn had made, and started living themselves.

As each dealt with the unexpected shockwaves in their own ways, Ray became aware of white and black figures watching in the events. There was turmoil in their ranks, some factions of Oracles even coming to blows. This change in Dhakira had drawn them into the present for some reason, and a tired, punch-drunk Ray made a note to ask about it when next he could.

As the three embodied Hinn fell into a deep, restorative sleep, they rejoiced at the changes they could feel coming from Dhakira. Their previously passive presence now glittered with desires of their own. They were growing up in their own way.

After an interminable blankness, Ray saw the moon grow full, come closer, and embrace him. Long moments passed in the vision, and two new stars fell free of the moon, coming to orbit both the moon and himself in an intricate dance of momentum, gravity, love, and devotion.

An infinitely long fraction of a second later, a second vision hit. Ray saw something that at first reminded him of an undergrad's atomic diagram, different color and size spheres connected by sticks in a pattern that seemed random at first. Even so, he felt strong hints that there were deeper meanings hidden somewhere in these simplistic designs. Drawn closer by the vision, Ray realized the spheres were oversimplified symbols representing different realms, different existences that were in relationships with each other, with the sticks showing those connections. Some of these realms touched on many different realms, others with only one. As this awareness dawned, Ray refocused, seeing the patterns animate and start changing over something sort of like time. One of those realms connected with many others, more often than some, and fewer than others. Large realms, small realms, hot and cold, light and dark, hopeful and terrified realms all connected and left, stretched and split, but this particular realm was the focus of the vision. The existence that he knew best, his home.

His vision blurred, and he saw several copies of this vision happen simultaneously. In each, a small realm connected and squeezed through the connection into his home, leaving nothing of itself behind. Another realm happened by and pounced on the dangling link with obvious predatory intent. It then began fighting to drain Ray's existence into itself. The visions began to differ between its variants at this point.

In some situations, some futures, he saw the two realms blend to some degree of homogeny as the flow of essence, of 'reality' for lack of a better word, between the two ended up more or less balanced. This aspect was unpleasant, with emotional overtones something like a faithful Christian learning their new neighbors were evangelical Satanists in an aggressively open sexual relationship.

A second distinct take on the new connection lead to the draining of Ray's home realm into the other. This variant ended up bleak, cold and dead. Something clearly to avoid.

A third showed Ray's realm absorbing the predator - for what else could this other realm be? As his realm drew faster and more from the attacking realm, the representation of his home bubbled and frothed like a pot boiling over. Once the third realm was absorbed, his home continued to roil, calming slowly. Eventually it detonated without warning, spraying itself across the emptiness between realms with only a few fragile child-realms and much wasted reality. The heat and chaos of the results were decidedly unpleasant up until that point, but the hollow void that followed was worse, as bad as the result of the second option.