All Comments on 'Hitting the Bottom Ch. 01'

by small_town_girl

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
MasterfuljimMasterfuljimabout 10 years ago
Woooo hooo

She's back!!

And what a little belter this promises to be too.

We all wanted to see Dan getting the crap beaten out of him but I sure as hell hadn't seen this coming.

Awersum dear lady

Just awersum

mel_pomenemel_pomeneabout 10 years ago
Thank you so much for this, small_town_girl!

It really is a treat to have you back writing for us again - and what a marvellous introduction to your new story! It simply has to be another set of full marks!

Very well done and do bring us more soon!

chiangkuchiangkuabout 10 years ago
Very nice

Always nice to see the other side of the coin, so to speak. Very well done especially with the inner monologue and internal battle about feelings and self-worth - 5 stars and keep it coming. Dan's story needs to come to the light. Rock on.

jennyb2492jennyb2492about 10 years ago

No secks? I didn't notice, to be honest. You are just a good author - no secks needed to tell a good story. Looking forward to more......

FindmywayFindmywayabout 10 years ago

Wow! Not what I was expecting....loved it. Each chapter and book gets better and better. I can't wait to see what happens next....don't keep us waiting! Another 5 stars.... You should be on the Olympic team!

funinthesungirl19funinthesungirl19about 10 years ago
Lovely

I offer this story - $250. STG - I'm assuming you get the joke. :)

Lovely, lovely start. There's not much more than I can say, except that I read it straight through - ignoring both coffee and adult responsibilities. Adult responsibilities I'm happy to abdicate anytime - but I don't often give up the coffee.

Phil_PatsfanPhil_Patsfanabout 10 years ago
I very well written, if sad, depressing story

But I think I'm hooked. Please write more! I'm anxious to see how things work out for Dan and how BDSM sex helps!

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlabout 10 years agoAuthor
it's posted waaay earlier than expected!

I submitted this on Monday and was not expecting seeing it post live before Saturday... nearly missed it!

Will answer everyone individually a little later, just wanted to say thank you for the warm welcome of this new story. I was a little concerned about how it would be received considering Dan's role in W&R... and so am very grateful for the positive feedback so far.

Happy Valentine's! :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
good begining

lots of stuff to deal with there. kind of shows that we ware not always totally in control of our selves. and it also shows that we still need to be responsible for our actions. instead of running and hiding from them. makes a more human story. can not wait to see where it goes from here. good story.

eaglejet1eaglejet1about 10 years ago

Awesome as usual girl.

I was anxious to see what happened to Dan as well, but as others said I didnt that coming. He inner struggle with himself because he knew he had made a mistake.

Looking forward to more.

5 more stars

FA_JFFA_JFabout 10 years ago
The 'chiseled Brit'...

is that MJ? He seems to be popping up everywhere lately. ;D.

Well, I didn't think you could get me to give a rats ass about Dan. Still not fully sold on him. He is weak to have caved to his family as he did, snap as he did, lash out at Naomi, then try the coward's way out. Worser and worser. The person who cannot master them self can be master to no other. His path to atonement and balance ought to be interesting. It will also be interesting where within the power balance he is once he comes out of that crucible.

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlabout 10 years agoAuthor
comments...

@MJ - didn't we all... well now we got our wish - he got his ass kicked but good. but that's never the end of the story, right? i hope this start will get readers to care about what happens to him next...

@mel_pomene - thanks so much! next chapter will take a while... but hope it's worth the wait

@chiangku - yes, i too felt like even someone who did something as wrong and appalling as Dan has a story that is worth telling. thank you!

@JennyB - :-) i just felt it wouldn't be right not to mention the 'no sex yet' to unsuspecting readers who come in with a certain mood and expectations... glad you enjoyed it! and... when is your next chapter coming???

@Findmyway - you made me smile with Olympic Team bit. thanks! :)

@fungirl - haha i feel honored to have you push me up the pecking order... ;-D

and ignoring coffee is high praise indeed...

@Phil_Patsfan - yes, it is very sad and depressing and it's going to take time... hope you stay with me for the ride!

@Anon 'good beginning' - thank you. yes this notion of 'you can't just run away from the results of your actions' is exactly what got me to start on this story. thank you.

@eaglejet1 - yes you are one of those readers i mentioned in my note who have explicitly asked about Dan. i'm wondering - what did you imagine would happen with him?

@FA - re/ Brit - i never kiss and tell!

re/ Dan - this is very much the sentiment i expected most readers would share. one thing to keep in mind though is cultural differences. while in the liberal, western world divorcing a woman over her infertility is unthinkable, in other parts of the world it is very different and may be viewed as an unfortunate but necessary turn of events. Moral is very much a matter of geography...

Happy V-day again to all!

xoxo

jhollanderjhollanderabout 10 years ago
Only you

If anyone could take on the challenge of writing about a man who has lost faith in his own humanity and truly turn it into a compelling story of humility and self discovery it would be you. Looking forward to more.

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlabout 10 years agoAuthor

@justahole - awww... thank you so much for that vote of confidence my dear! it's still a daunting task... but i hope i can rise to it.

how's your next R&W installment coming along? :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
insight-- good balance of dialogue and "inside head reflection" good insights into mental processes of guilt and shame in the presence of ongoing impulses and persistence of perceptions and appetites about the world around... been a patient... seemed

oops see title

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlabout 10 years agoAuthor

@Anon 'insight' - thank you (i think...). no i've never been a patient but as always try to put myself in the shoes of my character and ask 'how would i feel in that situation'?

so if it came across as if i've been there i will take it as a complement :)

PlusherPlusherabout 10 years ago
amazing as ever....

I am so late to this......compelling......it's all been said by others but yet again you made me care about a character.

A great reminder that we are all human and also that a man although initially seen as proud, stubborn and uber macho can find humility and grow personally as a result of being brought up short.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what's next for Dan

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlabout 10 years agoAuthor
welcome aboard :)

@Plusher - yes, that's exactly what drew me to write this story. it's easy to see someone like Dan in W&R as simply "the bad guy", which is admittedly how i wrote him in... but in life people are seldom all-good or all-bad. and while i had conveniently put him on the plane and shipped him off to another continent in W&R i somehow was drawn to his story.

i felt like i needed to figure out how the man Naomi had loved for so long and who was, by her account, a really good husband and dom, could come to attack her like that. and i also wanted to find out what happens after such an event - to both the victim (Naomi in W&R, to some extent Nadya in Cookin'...) AND the attacker.

anyways glad you liked it! writing's been super slow over the past few weeks but i'm making some progress so Ch. 02 should be submitted sometimes next week...

what about London Underground?! (plus i still want to hear more about John... please?)

xoxo

PlusherPlusherabout 10 years ago
Thanks for asking…

My writing has been slowed down by r/t too, ch5 of London Underground is about half through, a longer one this time for Suzy & Alex's reunion. I have an idea for John sketched out but not yet happy with it and there is a brain itch nagging about another short story that may have to be written just to clear it out of the way.

Thanks for asking and I shall look out more closely for your next offering with anticipation.

inspector123inspector123about 10 years ago
Not only can you write a hot

and steamy sex scene but you can really get inside the head of your character. I did not think that it was possible to feel sympathy or any other emotions toward Dan after what he did to Naomi in W&R but after reading this chapter I do. It takes a really good author and good writing to make the readers to feel sympathy for the "bad guy". Bravo!

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlabout 10 years agoAuthor

@Plusher - thanks for the update! I shall try and wait patiently ;-)

btw - not sure if you saw my short story (http://www.literotica.com/s/cookin-up-a-storm) it's a single-chapter spin-off of W&R published last month - check it out...

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlabout 10 years agoAuthor
Thanks!

@inspector - thank you. that's exactly what i try to do when i write - i try to get inside my character's head and to tell the story through their eyes and minds and hearts. that's why i write in the first person, too - any other way makes me feel like a narrator or a spectator, and i don't like that distance from my characters and from the story. i like to be "in there" with them - glad you like it too! :)

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlabout 10 years agoAuthor
Chapter 02 submitted.

hey all, just a quick note to let you know i've just submitted ch. 02 so hope to see it posted by the weekend. can't wait to hear what y'all think about it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
I've just read this and have Ch2 to go to immediately...

But before I do and maybe find out the answer, I was wondering as I was reading this chapter, whether Dan has been through such a shocking experience that he is either going to reject his Dom status totally, or perhaps move over to the other side and become a sub, either temporarily or permanently. I just wonder because of the things written in this chapter - in my opinion there are references made throughout, though I might be wrong - no one else seems to have mentioned it.

Fantastic writing as ever! You have made a sub-character we all probably wanted to commit to a very long hell, someone we want to know about and redeem himself.

Top writing!! x

Masters_fireMasters_fireabout 10 years ago
gods.....

I'd forgotten what a Dominant goes through when they step o over the edge. It's hard to imagine the pain and guilt Dan feels but I know that the psin and guilt is still on my exes mind after 20 months apart. She calked the other day, still apologizing for stepping over that line. I waved it off but now I understand.

Maybe I'll forgive her one day. Happiness takes all sorts of forms.

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlabout 10 years agoAuthor
Forgiveness

@Masters_fire - while i obviously don't know what happened to you 20 months ago, in my humble experience forgiveness can heal and free the person who gives it even better than the one being forgiven...

see, as long as you hold on to your hurt or anger or resentment - you're still hurting, still angry, still resentful. by forgiving the other person you also allow yourself to stop feeling those bad feelings. you're no longer a victim of someone else's wrongdoings; instead you become the liberator of both yourself and them. crazy how these things work, huh?

(urgh. i sound like those lame advice columnists... yikes! all i'm saying is, this had worked for me; you might wanna try it out and see what happens...)

xoxo

Masters_fireMasters_fireabout 10 years ago
forgiven.... but not forgotten

Hey STG.

So I took your advice, sat down with my ex via skype and forgave her.... While I feel better emotionally, I kept it together long enough to say my goodbye and once i knew it was safe, I called Sir in tears.

My forgiving my ex brought my Sir and I together again. He wasnt angry at me for my comment in my sleep, he was angry that after almost 2 years I still hadnt let go of my ex. He wanted me to get the hint so the last enail he sent was with your comment attached.

Thank you sweetheart for helping me repair what was broken....

Master's Fire

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlabout 10 years agoAuthor
phew...

@Masters_fire - your comment just brought tears to my eyes. i'm so grateful to have helped in any way. big hugs to you and a kiss to your babygirl from me! :)

fairyefalumpfairyefalumpabout 10 years ago
Fabulous as always!

Can't wait to read the next installment, lucky for me parts 2 and 3 are already up!

always_yesalways_yesalmost 10 years ago
Grrr

I sort of still want to bludgeon him but you write him as such a 3dimensional character it's difficult to hate him completely! GAH! I'll keep reading. ;p

swrdswrdalmost 10 years ago
so easy to get stuck in your anger

and forget that people make mistakes. Not to say what Dan did is anywhere close to be forgotten or ignored, but given Neomi seems to have moved on, who are we to judge.

SGT, your writing and ability to step in one's mind is remarkable and something to feel envy for, especially when you step into a man's mind....

really interesting perspective - thank you for that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Very good

Smalltown Girl this is the 1st of your stories I have read and you are very good. It kind of runs along the pattern of my life although I wasn't involved in beating my ex up or anything like that. After 30 years of marriage we started to get involved in some swinging and my wife had never slept with another guy but me we were childhood sweethearts so I know I was her 1st and she was my 1st. I had ended up cheating on her a few times in the 30 years as I was a tour bus driver and women tended to make a play for the driver sometimes especially the buses that had a bar. Anyway to make a long story short she left me and we divorced after 33 years and I tried to get her back to no avail . I met this nurse and she talked me into going to nursing school at 54 years of age and I can tell you your desciption of what happens in hospitals is pretty true to life. Even as a nurse just as this man tells of his feelings when getting a bath My job all through nursing school was as an aid in an ortho ward where they did knee and hip replacements and I had to give 10 baths each day. I was always very professional but once in awhile would have a woman asking me to wash her privates more then they needed but I never succumb to such a thing. To make a long story short I ended up being a nurse for 12 years until retirement and 6 years after my divorce met a wonderful woman from a lifestyle website who was a perfect slave to this Dom and we have been together 12 years and are very happy keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Complete amazement

I am in complete awe with this story and author. I'm rather new to this site but this was the first series I read in its entirety. I have since read LB and W&R to understand more about the various characters. Now I'm reading this story for a second time. I must concur with many of the previous comments that the descriptive nature of the writing itself as well as the characters and their feelings makes for an extremely compelling read. New authors take note - THIS is the standard that you need to strive to achieve.

I anxiously await other stories from your pen/keyboard.

She Who Shall Not Be Named

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Really well done!

I keep this short: A well written varied story! And I'm looking forward to read more.

Thx for your efforts!

s6

Dutchgirl82Dutchgirl82over 9 years ago
Skilled writing

Thank you for writing something so good about such tough subjects. Not only the depression, rage, wakeup, guilt but also the aftermath, how he slowly comes around to rational thinking again, about being stuck between necessity and humiliation, how influenced our psyches are be physical stuff like nutrition, fluid and feeling clean. You're a very good writer, I'll say once again!

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
very realistic

s_t_g, it is difficult to convince readers that a character is worth our sympathy after displaying all their faults. However you accomplished that with this well-crafted story.

To quote: "You can try to lead a man from the edge of a cliff but in the end, you cannot prevent him from jumping off."

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
SENT HIM BACK HOME??

Wait, what? The boyfriend sent him back home? Without beating the crap out of him or pressing charges? No. Absolutely not believable.

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlover 8 years agoAuthor
been a while since i replied to comments... so here goes :)

(in reverse chronological order)

Anon "SENT HIM BACK HOME?" - yeah, i can see how that can seem totally unbelievable, coming out of context. most readers were introduced to this story through the previous book in this series, titled 'Whiskey and Rye', where Dan's attack on his ex-wife is told in detail, including Rye's reaction to it, and the reasons for it not being 'just beat the crap out of Dan'.

however that book is no longer on Lit. I have split it into two (it was a veeerrry long novel at that point); the first part is titled 'Whiskey and Rye and is already available on Amazon; and the second is called 'Bittersweet Manhattan' and will be published by the end of this month - that's where Dan's assault happens.

(for those of you who have already read W&R - i actually added about 30% more to the story and have *finally* gave Naomi and Rye the HEA they so deserve... just sayin'!)

so, i totally understand your outrage at 'the boyfriends' underwhelming response. but i promise there's actually a real story behind it...

@fanfare & @Dutchgirl82 - thank you. i aim for realism in all my stories, and in this one it was even harder than others. glad you feel i succeeded with this chapter.

@Anon 'complete amazement' & @Anon 'very well done' - thank you both so very much!

@Anon 'very good' - so, you know from personal experience about making mistakes, but also about second chances and redemption... i like you already! :D

very glad to hear you've found your match and have your happily ever after with her :)

as for the accuracy of the hospital description - my mother is a nurse and so i'd spent many hours wondering the wards :) also, for the specific descriptions of the sponge bath and allowing a bed-ridden patient to relieve themselves and the shower scene, i have watched quite a few youtube instructional videos... such is the life of a writer ;-)

@swrd, @always_yes & @fairyefalump - thank you so much, guys! much appreciated.

xoxo

small_town_girl / Anne A. Lois

JasonRTaylorJasonRTayloralmost 8 years ago
Wasn't sure...

I wasn't sure what to expect. You know how I felt about Dan, and how I wish the Coach had left him broken and battered... and then pressed charges.

I get that Annie wouldn't be helped by that... well, the arresting part would have net a slap on the wrist at the most, and cost all three of them weeks before resolution in the courts. The guy should have been gotten an ass kicking for what he did, and I'll never change my mind on that score.

But here we are, and the opening scene was a stark reminder of how far down the slope Dan had gone.

I think you could have messed up a dozen dozen times here - it's treacherous territory to write in the best of circumstances - but I feel like you got it right.

To save a man who is at best pitied and almost universally despised with any kind of intent towards mercy and redemption was difficult to read. It had to be a bitch to write!

I can say with certainty that you will take your time and pave the road to redemption with plenty of pot-holes... I look forward to seeing what kind of man Dan becomes, as he rises from the ashes.

Jason

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlalmost 8 years agoAuthor
treacherous territory

indeed, this story's premise is the hardest i'd tackled to date.

as is often the case with my stories, i started it with a question and a vague gut feeling about how i'd want the answer to go, but with no guarantees that it would actually go there...

i hated Dan with a vengeance, too. but something Naomi said early on in Whiskey and Rye (i swear, she said it. i just channeled her words!) kept nagging at the back of my head. she said he had been the center of her world, that he was a good husband and a good Dom who'd made her very happy for most of their 10-year marriage. and i just couldn't let that thought go - how could a good man like that become a monster? and was salvation possible, after what he'd done?

thank you for joining the ride, @Jason, and for leaving your thoughtful comments throughout the story - i hope to reply to them all soon :)

vcwriter17bvcwriter17bover 4 years ago
Comments

This is good writing. Very good character development. I understand their thinking and motivations. It's all very plausible. Yet they are interesting characters and what happens next isn't predictable as is the case in so much writing on Literotica or even in published novels these days. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Rarely does a story hold my interest

Usually most stories are simple fantasy that I have read here. The characters are often shallow. This one, for this one chapter, and for this first time reading the author, it is brilliantly written. The characters are believable and realistic. The feelings of Dan can be believed as it contemplates ending his life and finding that he can't. Finding his place will take some time as he wrestles with himself. He lost his wife and sub after 10 years? That he flew all the way to the states and back again was a bit taking things for granted but can be forgiven as it does not germane to the overall story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
What! Dad Destroys sons marriage

JUST BECAUSE NO MALE HEIR ??? IF MY DAD HAD TRIED THAT I'd have disowned him.

hazeleys34hazeleys349 months ago

Where is the story Whiskey and rye I wanted to read it before Dan's

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous