All Comments on 'Hitting the Bottom Ch. 11'

by small_town_girl

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
MasterfuljimMasterfuljimover 8 years ago
What a lovely end to a wonderful story

Yet again STG you produce a cracker of an ending. The whole story has been a blast to read; fantastic emotional writing which deserves the highest praise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thank god!

It's over.

inspector123inspector123over 8 years ago
Why is it ...

that the trolls are always anonymous? I thought this was a lovely ending to a wonderful series but I am a sucker for HEA. Your emotional writings to the human dramas and the hot and kinky love scenes are always what is going to pull the readers in small_town_girl!

bodybychocolatebodybychocolateover 8 years ago
Thank you! Just beautiful :)

I enjoyed this thoroughly. Such a lovely ending to a truly good story.

LBGrantLBGrantover 8 years ago
What an awesome ending :)

I loved this ending to an awesome story. You took on a very serious medical issue with Dan's story and you took all of your fans along for an amazing story of redemption and hope. I just loved how Sandra's mother handled things :) I am so happy Dan and Sandra got their HEA. What a great way to start my week.

jhollanderjhollanderover 8 years ago
A perfect ending

Such a beautiful story depicting the fall and rise of a man who learns to trust himself, and love, once again. Well done, STG. Only you could write a such a sexy story with so much depth and emotion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
one over the best

this s one of the best just love it a story the way it should end thank you

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlover 8 years agoAuthor
...

@MJ - thank you so much! i was a bit worried about the ending - of course i needed a HEA (wouldn't be a redemption without it, now, would it?) but i kinda feared it'd come out too saccharine - and yet i couldn't resist! haha. maybe someone should be stricter with their virtual flogger... xoxoxo

@inspector - you're a darling, and i love you for coming out in my defense <3

exploring human drama was indeed the whole point of this story; the hot kinky sex was just the excuse! ;-) - glad you enjoyed it :)

@bodybychocolate - thank you so much! if you'd like to read more of my stories, check out my profile (also look for Anne A. Lois on kindle)

@LB - i gotta admit it was scary, taking on the subject, which is the main reason i did it :) and since i posted as i went along, i truly had no idea how (and indeed, if) i'd be able to pull it off. i do love Sandra's mom, too. And Dr. Pappas. they are probably my favorite supporting characters in this story. Glad you enjoyed it! xoxo

@JAH - thank you! although i believe we both know a few other authors who can go deep on the emotional side... ;-) anyways, happy to know you enjoyed. looking forward to your next story :)

@Anon 'one of the best' - thank you very much! both for your comment, and for proving not all anonymous commentators are trolls :D

love y'all,

STG / Anne A. Lois

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlover 8 years agoAuthor
hey! my comment got cut off! Argh

@bodybychocolate - thanks! check out my profile for more stories :)

@LB and @JAH - thank you dear ladies xoxoxo

@Anon 'one of the best' - a big thank you both for your lovely comment, and for proving not all nonnies are trolls :)

love y'all!

STG / Anne A. Lois

CypGypsyCypGypsyover 8 years ago
Sweet finish!

Like every other reader (I assume) I was awaiting this ending with equal amounts of anticipation and trepidation. How could it possibly be as good as what came before? I apologize for my lack of faith. You've wrapped it up perfectly, like the right dessert to finish a perfect meal. Sighing and sated...

Now that all the loose ends are tied up, is it too much to ask to get the occasional glimpse at Naomi and Rye, or Annie and Jon, or the restaurateurs-whose-names-escape-me-at-the-moment ? Unless you are on to other projects ...

Thanks for such a fine ride!

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlover 8 years agoAuthor
...

@CypGypsy - thank you! now as for more Rye and Naomi, i actually just finished writing a stand-alone menage story called Irish Blend which features them along with Liam, the irish bartender... (remember him?)

the story will be published as part of an upcoming anthology titled "The More The Merrier 2" and will feature several Lit hall-of-famers (past and present) so there's lots to be excited about!

please PM me for more details. links will also be posted to my profile when the story is out :)

and also... as i am getting ready to publish Whiskey and Rye i am going to add an epilogue chapter, featuring all four of them Rye, Naomi, Jon and Annie - and let's just say Jon and Rye will come to an understanding between them which would make the ladies VERY happy! :D

if y'all are good i will post that chapter here, too...

xoxo

STG / Anne A. Lois

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
More?

More Rye and Naomi? Goody, goody. I can't wait. These stories have all been such wonderful reads, truly top notch. I'm glad to hear that more writing is in the works. Please don't make us wait too long.

Lady Heather

DahliaWitchDahliaWitchover 8 years ago
Thank you!

I loved Whiskey & Rye. I loved this series even more. Dan is the most "fleshed out" character you've written, none of us are one thing or another. We all are complicated, messy, divine, raw. My heart ached for him every step of his journey & I loved the journey you wrote for him. Clearly, you are a highly empathic person to be able to express so clearly the labyrinth that is the human experience. Bravo. Well done. Your talent is golden.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thanks!

Thanks for good reading. Unlike most stories here you make the people alive and realistic. You should write for a living.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Awesome!

Just finished the whole series. Great! Thanks! Going to look up some more of your stuff. P.S. I realize writers probably hate it when people correct their grammar, but the word "anyway", NEVER has an "s" at the end. FYI.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
thanks for a great story

not usually into bdsm; kind of my first story.

it was well written with great characters, romance and a happy end!

so.. Thanks for a very good read !!

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlabout 8 years agoAuthor
been away for quite a while... so many new comments! :)

@Anon 'More?' - yes, Rye and Naomi's adventures have continued over two more books - Bittersweet Manhattan and Irish Blend - and both are getting rave reviews! links are on my profile :)

@DahliaWitch - thank you so much. it is heart-warming to know my characters could touch others as much as they touch me. i love Dan, too.

@Anon 'Thanks' - no, thank you! ;-) as for doing this for a living - i'm taking baby steps in that direction. if you'd like to help in my journey check out my profile description for links to my published works... hint, hint :D

@Anon 'Awesome' - thank you, glad you enjoyed it. and thank you for your comment about 'anyways' vs. 'anyway' - as English is not my native tongue, i kinda picked up on grammar mostly from reading and TV/movies... so mistakes happen. also, some things are differences between American and British that fall through the cracks between my editor and me... thank you for pointing it out!

@Anon 'Thank you!' - while BDSM is very much a part of this story's DNA, it isn't 'about' it, and i'm glad you enjoyed it. Most of my works are heavier on the kink side, but i do actually have a new story out as part of a 'friends-to-lovers' -themed anthology which is lots of sexy fun and pretty light on the kink scale. check out my profile for links :)

xoxo

small_town_girl / Anne A. Lois

JasonRTaylorJasonRTayloralmost 8 years ago
Yay!

Another deep sigh, this one of contentment.

You certainly do know how to create almost unbearable tension and still bring a genuinely joyful conclusion to your stories.

Thanks again for another wild ride, I'm taking my exhausted mind to bed now! :)

Jason

nurture_kwnurture_kwabout 7 years ago
Loved it

Great series! I started with this story and then of course I had to go back and read all the others on amazon. Brilliant writing and characters. I loved every book.

Was it only eluded too that there was an encounter between Annie, Jon and Rye? Or did I somehow miss this? (Other than at the sex club in NY),

Thanks for your wonderful stories. Looking forward to reading your other works.

RybzaruRybzaruover 6 years ago
Just finished reading the whole story a second time.

First time was a year or two ago and I did love it then, but had forgotten about title and author since, because I read it without logging in. I think I didn't add a comment then either.

Now I stumbled about 'Dawn over Sun Valley' first, somehow, liked it very much, and started to continue with 'Hitting the Bottom'. When I realized I knew the story already, I was very, very happy, because I had in fact thought about the characters now and then, but didn't know how to find the story. So here's my heartfelt 'Thank you', eventually! You really know how to make an old man grin foolishly happy for some hours!

Avidreader3142Avidreader3142over 6 years ago
Lovely story

This has been a long story, and I wanted to reach the end before leaving comments; well done, well developed story line and characters..... yes , it was all a bit " soppy " in the end but I just loved it... kept me totally engrossed for the last three nights. Hope they all live happily ever after !!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Amazing!

Amazing story just devoured the whole thing. Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Very well written story

An excellent story full of unforseen twists and turns.

For me personally I could not see that feeling guilty about the feelings of Dan's exwife who left him devastated would have turned him away from suicide. I think out of spite it would have encouraged him to do it.

The most likely person whose feelings Dan would have focused on would have been Jon. Dan would have used that as motivation to stay alive.

theMasterBaitertheMasterBaiterabout 5 years ago
Hope and trust.

Third time I've read this story. Sometimes you need some hope and trust.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Bravo

This story had me by the head, heart and twat. Loved the characters, the redemption, the pace, the scenes.. uhh. All of it. Great story, thank you so much for telling it to us!

KP

lancewmlancewmover 3 years ago
Wonderfuly written

Professional writing skills, scene envisioning, pacing, and coming from a deeply empathatic heart. I loved the entire story line, and you had me holding on to my seat, wanting to peak at the ending as the tension rose.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Superb. Just superb walk through the life of a troubled man battling his demons to find a good life again.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous