All Comments on 'Hoff and Hols, a Romance Ch. 14'

by Pixiehoff

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
amadeuseroticamadeuseroticover 2 years ago

While our outrage is mostly directed toward the fanatics who derive their sense of purpose from destroying other people's lives and happiness, it is the invertebrates amongst the authorities who do the greater damage. Those who ignore the danger, smoothly sweep bad things under the rug while throwing good people like Emma under the bus. They offer a retreat when a fight is needed.

As for the highest authority: I refuse to believe that God is the all-powerful dude who watches from above and intervenes from time to time when things get out of hand. I believe that God bestowed all power to the people who believe in Him (would prefer a gender-neutral pronoun, but don't want to use Them, although it would be strangely fitting for the Trinity).

Therefore, Pixie, taking on this fight was the right decision. Take it beyond literotica (I know you do), help those who are suffering, left alone by backward, lukewarm old churches, in danger of falling prey to fanatic, extremist new churches.

After an exhausting battle, it is necessary to restore and replenish our energy.

The wonderful reunion with AK is so much needed and so well deserved. Heaven is not a faraway place, it is right here. It can be tasted in a mother's milk, in a woman's orgasm, in all expressions of love.

I hope you will share the joy of our own orgasm with us in the next episode, darling Pixie. Give your joy to AK. She needs it. We all need it.

xxxxxx

MaonaighMaonaighover 2 years ago
I wish I had a tenner...

...for every time, both in military and civilian life, I have seen seniors dive for cover leaving the crap to hit their subordinates. Their philosophy seems to be the reverse of Harry Truman's famous sign: it now reads "The buck stops there!" I don't wish to knock your religion, Pixie, and I sincerely apologise if I seem to do so but it strikes me that the current Archbishop of Canterbury is as much use as a glass trampoline, as were a number of his immediate predecessors. They are more concerned with playing politics rather than concentrating on what should be their main task: gathering together all the factions within the church, together with the laity, and working towards their spiritual well-being according to Christ's teaching. Thus for the church hierarchy in this very telling chapter. And may Bartlett get chronic diarrhoea so that he spouts excrement at both ends!

Phew! Rant over. Perhaps I've got more religion left in me than I realised (and it's thanks to you, Pixie).

OneAuthorOneAuthorover 2 years ago
Very emotional

It's so sad that Emma and Pixie cannot be together without sacrificing Emma's vocation. Pixie did handle herself well in the interview, and it was good that she got published... but it's a shame she suffered the heartache of losing Emma. At least AK knew how to lift her spirits... among other things.

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you, OneAuthor - life poses these awful dilemmas, and the situation is one of which, well shall we just say, I have knowledge of. AK is there as always xxx

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you, darling Maonaigh. Alas, yes, backbone is so often wanting - and it is among less exalted people, the Footys of the world, where you find love and support xxxxx

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you, my darling Amadeus. The darkness comes from within us, and it has never ceased to amaze me that Christians, who believe we are a fallen race, think that retreating into that darkness by treating others as they would hate to be treated themselves, is any solution to anything, I am glad you spotted the symbolism of the mother's milk - it presages a brighter dawn xxxxx

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I love the recurring theme of Hoff and Hols being there for each other when one of them is in any sort of need. Both seem to be regularly losing important people in their lives, and the one comforting constant is that Hoff and Hols have always been there for each other. It's heartening that the support group has expanded beyond just the two of them to include Footy, Lady F, and others, but there is a special bond only Pixie and AK share that has been forged over time. Oddly enough, I find Pixie's loss of Emma to be more traumatic than AK's loss of Cris; mainly because Cris was lost to an accident, while Emma was lost due to a heinous bigoted attack by hypocritical elements within the Christian faith. I'm still seething about Bartlett's words and actions, and about the cowardice demonstrated by the church in failing to fully support one of their finest members. PixieHoff has evoked powerful feelings and reactions with the events in this chapter, which speaks to her talent as a writer / storyteller. Excellent work. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

MigbirdMigbirdover 2 years ago

Commented a couple of chapters ago on how well you craft endings to many/most chapters: You bring closure while opening possibilities. Well, the end of the previous chapter foreordained this follow up — no closure. You depict perfectly the chaotically escalating scene surrounding Emma and Pixie. Pixie finds herself rising to the occasion in a very uncomfortable situation — surprising no one, including herself (in the end), which is actually quite satisfying. The BBC panel “discussion” reminds me of how well Pixie handled the interview with Ruth and Milly in Chapter 8 of Guilt and Redemption; she is confident, adroit, and in the BBC panel throws down a gauntlet rather than being satisfied with a bit of touché (Milly and Ruth interview). And once again, a highly erotic scene is linked beautifully/poignantly with the storyline. Enjoy commenting on your creativity.

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you so much, Anonymous, and I am glad to have your perspective, as it shows the portrayal of Hoff and Hols is working. They have more to go through, but there is light at the end of the tunnel - and it is not the oncoming train xxxxx

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you so much, Migbird, and as you see, there are echoes of another way this one worked itself out for me. I am glad that you feel it worked. xxxxx

SerradaCSerradaCover 2 years ago

Although I don't condone them, the 'invertebrates' in the churches are at the mercy of their customers. They should lead, agreed, but what good is a leader if no one is following? They can not just lead, but teach, and there are those who have ears to hear, then teach and lead them, the rest will do as they wish anyway.

I once heard a joke about a man marooned alone on an island. Years later when rescued he was asked about the buildings...

"That one is my house, that one is my storage, that one is my work shop, and that one is my church."

Looking around, they notice another building much like the church he had previously mentioned. "So what is that?" They asked.

"Oh," he responded, "That is my old church. I fought with the pastor and left."

With church attendance declining, many professional managers with 'dog collars' are terrified to strike out and say something controversial. Those that do sometimes thrive, many don't, and those who are invested in the system are afraid to rock the boat.

They forget that Jesus was a shit-stirrer; he did not politely ask the money changers to leave; he kicked ass. If he had been a 'go along/get along' kind of guy, the Romans would have left him alone. But, he was not, they did not, and the rest is history.

I don't know whether Emma should stir some shit, but I know those quiet people who go along seldom create change, and change is needed in this case. Perhaps she will succeed, maybe she will fail, but the truth is, the way of the Lord is seldom easy, and we must each take up our crosses and start walking.

ArkingArkingover 2 years ago

Getting hot and flustered here babe. Can I say this before I forget. I love Issy, so silent with all the conversations around her, yet it seems like in an instant she can end a conversation without say a word.

You do have this knack of being able to seek a solution in a situation when none appears to be there. Facts are facts, you can't change them, you can ignore them, twist them to suit your own narrative, but you can't change them. The facts are my dear friend, you are one hell of a great writer.

I am no theologian and no lover of the church, any church, but it seems to me that there appears to be more people who disbelieve, who show more signs of faith, than those who do believe.

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you MamaS. The problem Emma faced is one her real-life counterparts face every day. The Church of England does not, in England, recognise gay marriages, and does not permit gay relationships for its clergy. Of course, as I know well, "don't ask, don't tell" works; but that is why one would dread any revelation!

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 2 years agoAuthor

My darling Bobbi, thank you. Chapters 15, 16 and 17 are all backed up in "pending" and will, I hope, help matters. Thank you for your love and support xxxxx

SerradaCSerradaCover 2 years ago

PixieHoff writes some of the most powerful and insightful material on Lit. But, sometimes, those of us who read it should refrain from commenting until our emotions calm. I am one.

This chapter and all those that preceded it have brought out some powerful emotions in me. Pixie’s writing and her approach to storytelling from the intimate encounters to the loving interactions of the lives of those who have seen much like Lady F, through the innocent acceptance and love of Issy, and finally the strength of those who do not share the desires of the principles, but who understand they have a role in the lives and defense of others just as Footy does.

I never find Pixie’s characters trite or predictable, and I am always left wanting more and hungry for the next chapter. She always seems to make me think, certainly feel, and this whole story is the best of her work so far. So I am looking, with great trepidation and hope, to the following chapters, as long as I can get a case of tissues before they post and a cup of tea and a long walk before I comment.

Wiz1002Wiz1002over 2 years ago

Just full of hypocrites - religion of all variations!

You would be better without it; you can still be the same person with the same beliefs and “rules”, but not be judged by those who have no right to judge!!

I’m not sure jumping into bed with AK was the best course of action, even if the sex was super hot! Would Kieth allow this tryst if he knew about it? Has AK just committed adultery (or at least infidelity) with Pixie? Answer to both is “unlikely” and “yes” to each question!!

Your writing quality is not in question and this is a super series that asks many questions on society and morality, and shows that people who live a life style that differs from what some see as “normal” or “immoral” have just as much right as everyone else and should be accepted for who they are and the choices they make for themselves.

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you, darling MamaS. You know I appreciate your comments. Chapter 15 is due tomorrow, and 16 and 17 are in a queue - they may cheer you up xxxxx

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you Wiz. As you will see this stage of the relationship with AK is the beginning of some questioning for Pixie about what it and is not right. Keith, rest assured, is comfortable with it. Chapter 15 is up tomorrow, and 16 the day after, by 17, I hope some of the great questions you have raised will be answered xxxxx

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 2 years ago

Intense .... Xoming back to my comment from the last chapter we should try "make love not war" in the meaning "war what is he good for, absolutely nothing sy it again" ..... But as we see even the christians , im mean people which praying to the same god, starting fighting and killing themself for theyr simple minds focus ..... This is human and so im sorry to be part of this race ...... Back to your story lady Pixiehoff, your hands must be burned from the hottest iron you have been wielding or hopefully you use good gloves to protect yourself ..... Its sad to say so, but extremely intense wonderful chapter

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you, Franziska, your warm heart is much appreciated xxxxx

Aoife_from_UlsterAoife_from_Ulsterover 1 year ago

Hoff and Hols together again. So sad about Emma. I can only hope that the tides shifts.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 1 year agoAuthor

Thank you so much Aoife, and the saga is not yet run it’s course xxxxx

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPixiehoff@Pixiehoff
I am Mrs Pixie Peters the owner and yenta of Emily's Escorts, where I chat and help others find lovers. I am married to the love of my Lit life, June Peters (JPintraining), so please don't ask me to play because I won't - but I will try to help you find someone who can. There ...