All Comments on 'Homecoming Ch. 01'

by Semele93

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
CarnalLustsCarnalLustsover 4 years ago
Very good

Very good. Your writing style is clean. Enjoyed this first chapter and look forward to the next.

ShadowRosieShadowRosieover 4 years ago
Two problems

1. You really need an editor to help with grammar and spelling. The writing errors need help.

2, There is a problem I see in a lot of BDSM writing. The Dom comes across as perfect and not able to do errors or ever make a mistake. I am sure the Doms would love for real life to be that way, but reality isn't perfect.

Semele93Semele93over 4 years agoAuthor
@ShadowRosie

1. Editing, I get it. Suggestion noted.

2. Doms, in real life, are imperfect, and a lot different from what we read in erotica. But in the story, if I put forward an imperfect Dom, the purpose of BDSM/storyline is defeated (at least in this story). In the future, if I write more, I will definitely write more about imperfect doms, but I would rather keep the story in the non-consent section.

Semele93Semele93over 4 years agoAuthor
@CarnalLusts

Thank you! :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good Start

In my opinion the most basic principle of BDSM revolves around 1 thing, Trust. If there is trust that basis expands to Communication and Power it’s generally translated to the more common terminology of Safe, Sane and Consensual or Risk Aware Kink.

I think what I’m trying to say is I’m pretty much agreeing with ShadowRosie’s comment about ‘Infallible Doms’. In your story the sub just up and left without a word and regardless of how unreasonable she was being about how and why she left every relationship still has two sides. She didn’t trust him enough with whatever her issue was. Equally he didn’t recognise that she had a problem, so the trust and communication was lacking on both sides.

As an example there’s the weight issue a man tells his partner that she is beautiful, she feels that she doesn’t conform to the standards set by 21st century society and the media - everyone knows just how vicious that is. So she doubts and is conflicted is she wilfully ignoring his word on the matter? I don’t confirm to societal norms, I feel fat and ugly yet my partner of over 30 years tells me I’m beautiful, in all that time the closest I can come to accepting his words is that to him I am beautiful.

Tess (UK)

Semele93Semele93about 4 years agoAuthor
@Tess

Hey Tess,

Thank you for the input.

The story, apart from the obvious BDSM theme, encompasses around Grace and Daniel, with their lack of trust and communication issues. But, at the end of the day, they are simply two people with their flaws, trying to work out the details.

Coming to the societal norms - no matter what we are to the world, even in the most distressing times, it is the words of a lover that helps us to heal.

crazynotstupidcrazynotstupid8 months ago

Did you ever do a sequel to this? I loved it and would love to read more.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous