Homeless

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Zeb_Carter
Zeb_Carter
3,077 Followers

In them, he told me how much he loved me and that he couldn't marry me because he was really still married to his wife...if she was alive. I found her phone number. She answered. I told her who I was and that her husband had died. She broke down over the phone. She finally asked where he had lived. I told her. She was surprised it wasn't the hotel. I told her that soon after he helped me get a job, I moved him in with me. She said she was glad he had someone with him in the end.

Jane, his wife just showed up. We had talked before and she asked if I minded her coming to his funeral. I told her, of course, she could come. Lisa was running around making sure everything was the way I wanted it. I introduced her to Jane. She smiled at Jane.

"He really loved you," Lisa told her.

Jane broke down crying again. Lisa waved her husband over, he helped Jane to a seat.

"Did he really still love her?" I asked.

"Of course, why wouldn't he. She didn't cheat on him, just left him. She still loved him or she wouldn't be here. He loved you, he even loved me. He once told me about all the women he loved...deep down inside kind of love. You were the one he loved last and I would say the most. You put up with him just the way he was."

I was crying now. Really, really crying. I went and sat with Jane. I put my arm around her and we cried together.

He was buried yesterday. He was actually cremated. I just buried his urn with his ashes in it in my backyard. The house was paid for. I got Jane to move in with me. I hired a live-in nurse for her. She would die soon and she wanted to be close to Don. I did too.

Lisa retired and turned over the editing company to me as none of her children wanted to be bothered owning it. I was ecstatic. My life was now secure and set. I still let Lilly run the place. I still edited works of authors. I was having fun again. I was living. I eventually buried Jane next to Don. I also found a man who could put up with me. We got married shortly after Jane died. No children in our plans yet. But I keep praying to whoever is in charge that I happened to be noticed by Don.

The End

Zeb_Carter
Zeb_Carter
3,077 Followers