Honor Thy Mother & Thy Father Ch. 26

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The SUV from the west side had just made its entrance. One of their men saw him and taken a good shot.

Branch said into the intercom, "Terry, that guy ruined my helmet; get him for me."

Terry took his sights off the driver, pointed his weapon at the opponent who was looking in Branch's direction, and put a bullet through his ear.

"He won't bother you anymore man."

"Thank you bro, I'll catch you on the flip-flop."

Arnie said, "I think we have just about evened the odds. Let's take down the rest of these bastards."

He had just finished his sentence when his jaw exploded. The driver of the second vehicle had slipped under it, and gotten into perfect firing position without being seen.

Terry realized who it was, but didn't know where he went. Wilt took out the last man who came in from the east side of the building, and moved out of his position to check the vehicle to see if anyone was hiding inside.

Sirens, and blue and red lights began streaming down the road towards Patricia's home.

A helicopter's floodlight started searching the area from above. The driver said to the two remaining members of the opposition force, "Time to leave guys." He crawled out from under the SUV and started backing it up. His comrades joined him and as soon as they could, and hopped into the vehicle. They drove towards the western fence line, and their alternate escape route.

The helicopter's floodlight followed them, and so did the police cars. The horses saw them coming, and started to flee. Everyone mounted their horses except Brad. He had dismounted, like everyone else, so he would not stand out above the horses.

He yelled, "Get the fuck out of here, I'll be fine."

Patty, Stephano, and Bonnie followed his instructions and stayed with the startled heard. Brad ran in the opposite direction. 'Timeless' stayed with him. While he was running he kept yelling, "Get away from me you stupid beast. Go to Patty, go to Patty you dumb animal."

The driver of the Humvee seemed intent on killing one more man before the night was over. He saw Brad running, and became his target of opportunity. Even though police cars were a few hundred yards behind him, he swerved to go after him.

Brad ran out of energy. He stopped, turned, and looked directly at the SUV coming at him. The driver had an evil smile on his face, when suddenly a huge horse jumped over the hood of the speeding vehicle. The horse caught its rear hooves on the roof of the vehicle, and it went tumbling, head over heels onto the ground.

The driver lost control of the Humvee and it rolled over three times before it ended resting on its roof. Two men were thrown from the vehicle and died on impact. The driver had his neck broken by the steering column.

Brad watched as 'Timeless' jump over the Humvee and screamed, "Noooo," as she hit the ground on her neck and chest hard. He ran to her side. She didn't or couldn't get up. He kneeled beside her, and stroked her neck and cried. "You stupid animal. Why couldn't you leave me alone. I don't like horses, and I don't like you. You had to go do something dumb like this. You shit on my car, and you piss on my shoes. Why did you have to do something like this. This is not going to make us even. I still hate you, you dumb horse. Patty is going to kill me. If it were a choice between me and you, she would choose you every time. If it were a choice between any human and you she would choose you. Most of the time, I wouldn't blame her. Please get up; don't do something stupid like dying. It should be me lying there, not you."

"I told her to protect you, and that's what she did."

Brad looked over his shoulder, and he had an audience.

Alongside Patty, Stephano, and Bonnie, was his uncle, Lieutenant Sam Meisner, his mother, Donna, Patty's father, William and the director of the FBI, Michael Free.

"Hi guys, is everything all right?"

His mother said, "Bradley, you've been under a lot of stress lately. I'm taking you to the doctor, because I just heard you talking to a horse."

"Mom, what are you doing here?"

"Your uncle and I were at a party when the call came in. I knew you were here hiding with Bonnie. You thought it was a secret, but I know everything about you, every minute you breathe. Why were you talking to that horse?"

"I hate this fucking horse," he said, as he stroked her neck.

"I can see that Bradley. I'll tell that to the doctor when I'm showing him the pictures of you from my cell phone."

"Did anyone call of a Vet to have her checked out?"

Patty said, "Brad, after a fall like that there is only one humane thing you can do for horse. You have to put her down." She reached into the back of her slacks, and pulled out her P32. She circled around the back of 'Timeless' and pointed the gun at her head.

Brad threw his body over 'Timeless' head. "Patty, you will have to shoot me first."

"Brad, you hate that fucking horse."

"I hate you more, but you don't see me shooting you."

"You would if I gave you this gun."

"Patricia, don't tempt me. Let me finish your house first, then I'll dig your grave."

"No, you have something else to build after you finish my house."

"I haven't designed that yet."

"Then stop hugging my horse, and go to work."

"Mom, take me to the doctor, I'm having a nervous breakdown."

"Bradley, have your nervous breakdown in a chair in the dark corner of my office. I expect you at work at 9 AM."

"I am not going to be there. I have to make sure this fucking horse is okay. Then I'm going to sleep. Be nice to me, or I will quit an open my own business. I am good, and soon I will be better then you."

"Bonnie, you are right. He has grown a pair of balls. When are you two getting married?"

Brad said to his mother, "When I say so."

Patricia asked Stephano, "What do you think we could do with him for the next 4 ½ months?"

"God, I hate you Patty. We are getting engaged on Christmas Eve, and married in April, mother."

"Not next year I hope, I need more time than that to plan everything."

"Yes mother, this coming April. If you need a wedding planner ask Stephano. He put his wedding together in eight weeks, and had over 400 people here."

"500 Brad."

"That's 500 mother. My wedding is not going to have half that many people, and is not going to be anywhere close to being that lavish. Tacos, corned beef sandwiches, a little chicken liver, will be fine."

"Bradley, you're still stroking the horses' neck. You're going to have fleas."

"I'll put them in grandmothers' wigs."

A police officer walked over to Lieutenant Meisner and said, "Sir, we have armed men in the barn with no credentials. They say they were guarding Mrs. Valentino."

Director Free said, "That is correct Lieutenant, they are working undercover for me. Mrs. Valentino is a National Treasure, and these men were here to kill her. The use of deadly force was approved."

Lieutenant Meisner said, "Director, there will be no report on this incident. The less said about it the better. This is a very isolated area, and as you can see no locals have come out to see what was going on. We will clean up this mess, and make believe it never happened."

"Lieutenant, you are a man after my own heart."

"Think nothing of it sir."

Michael turned to William and asked, "Okay William, who is he?"

"Why would you ask me that question, Michael?"

"Well let's try this on for size William. You called me and said Patty was in trouble again. You told me not to say a word to anyone else, because there is a leak in my department. A private jet was waiting for me at National and is going to fly me to Albany. You were going to pick me up in the helicopter and fly me here. You need me to vouch for some men who are 'PROTECTING PATTY.' I come here to do that, and I meet another man who is willing to sweep this whole business under the rug. I don't have that kind of power William. Until this moment, I didn't know anyone who did. Now I do, don't I William?"

"Do you remember the night Patty escaped from the hospital with her life?"

"Yes, I lost an agent, and two nurses lost their lives. Bruno and a group of his men were arrested that night."

"There are group of solid citizens, and law enforcement officers, who are restricted during their normal working hours to toe the line of the law exactly. However, on their off-duty hours they are little more flexible. When Patty escaped she ran towards the Hudson River and people were shooting at her from rooftops as she crossed the Greenway. She jumped into the water, and when she surfaced, Sam was there to pull her out. He and another friend sped her across the river to me and Jemma. A group of friends from the Secret Service had a jet ready, and took us out west."

"Is there anyone you do not know William?"

"I don't know a lot of people Michael, but those people don't count. As this country is fond of saying, I know the 1%, and they know me. Around the world it is the same thing. I get and give respect in the same measure. There is nothing I cannot do, if I want to. There is nothing I cannot give if I desired to. You asked me to stay out of this business in Italy. I did out of respect for you. There are places in this world that you do not have that type of power, and I do. If one day you need my help, I will give it gladly, because of what you have done for my daughter."

"William one day I would like to read your biography. You must have led a very exciting life as a young man to get this far. You are not yet 60, and with the grace of God, you could live another 40 years or more. Heaven knows what you will accomplish in that time. Heaven knows what you will help your son accomplish. It will be very interesting reading."

"Thank you Michael, but as for writing a book, I'll leave that to Jemma. She accuses me of not knowing where anything is in the house; not even the refrigerator."

Michael roared with laughter as they walked towards the barn, and the four surviving members of Colonel Lucius C. Canyons' team.

The four men stood at the military's Rest position, as Michael and William approached them.

Michael asked, "Who do you work for?"

One member said, "Sir, we are not permitted to say."

"I will put you in jail if you don't tell me who you work for."

"Sir, that is your prerogative, but we are not permitted to say."

"What are you permitted to say?"

"Sir, our mission objective was to protect Mrs. Patricia Valentino."

"Are you working under the direct orders of the White House?"

"Sir, we are not permitted to say."

Michael picked up the Marine PRC rifle and asked, "How did you manage to obtain this weapon?"

"Sir, we are not permitted to say."

"This weapon is not for sale to civilian personnel, do you know that?"

"Sir, I am not permitted to say."

Michael continued questioning the four men, for 15 minutes, and continued to get the same answer. "Sir, we are not permitted to say."

"William, this is getting me nowhere. I have this sudden urge to go take a leak. I don't want to see any of these men here when I get back."

When Michael was out of the earshot William said, "I owe your team more than I can ever repay, but I will try. The people that set this up will pay with their lives; I guarantee it. 'The Private' will be in touch with the Colonel when he returns to home base. If you ever need anything, contact the Colonel, and he will get a message to me. You will never want for anything, ever. Dismissed."

The four men took their weapons, got into the lead car, and drove away. They never left a fellow soldier on the field of battle before, and it left a sour taste in their mouths. This time, they had no choice. They were angry, and they could not wait to talk to their leader. They wanted revenge. They wanted to take apart the people that killed their friends. They wanted to do it using the same methods they had seen Al Qaeda use in Iraq and Afghanistan, and New York City. This one would be personal. They would not accept payment for it. Their brothers and sisters had paid for it in blood. The only acceptable repayment would be blood.

(Dear readers, most of the action sequences in this chapter were added, because I have written and submitted a proposed novel to a Literary Agent, with the appropriate fee. I asked her if she would be willing to represent me in an attempt to have it edited, and submit it to a publisher. I have roughed this sequence up immensely, to make it fit within this story line. In the three chapters I submitted, the characters are more defined, and the fighting sequences more graphic. If you do not see this story continued, under a different working title on Literotica, it means I am working my ass off to write my first comprehensive novel. Wish me luck.)

109. Changes in Attitudes

Michael Free had to find, and fix the leak in his organization. Too much information was getting out, and he had no idea how. As long as he was here in Glens Falls, and as much as his ulcer was acting up, he might as well ask 'her.'

He knocked on the door of the motorhome and she said, "Come in Michael."

He walked up the three steps and asked, "How did you know it was me?"

She replied, "Let me see; my father is here, Steph is here, and I am here. Who else would knock on my door at this hour of the morning, after the night we just had?"

"It could have been the postman."

"The postman always rings twice. You knocked four times."

"Very funny, Patricia, but I need a favor."

"A $1.4 million favor, or a freebie?"

"I will leave that up to you. Information is leaking out of The Bureau again. Your father was almost murdered. We changed his route and pickup point every day. Your whereabouts was found too easily. Very few people had knowledge of both of these things. Our new computers are in. We have gotten rid of the bad apples in that division, but we still have a leak. I need you and your friends to plug it, no matter what it takes."

"Michael, since this concerns me and my family, I will pay my friends for this one."

William said, "You will not, Patricia, I will. Michael, regardless of what you say this time, I am getting my people involved. No one and I mean no one tries to kill a member of my family without me being involved. They will come after Jemma and my son next. I cannot permit that to happen. Patricia and her friends can work on your computer problem, and stay within the law. My people will attempt to stay within the law. However if they have to break it in order to protect my family, they will. My home will be constantly guarded. Stephano, Patricia, Jemma, and William Junior will never be alone. You saw what they did to Joseph Castronova's family. They will not do it to mine."

"William don't..."

"Michael that discussion is over. This time it is my way."

"I can put them in the bunker again."

Patty said, "I won't go there. I will not be a captive again. I have a life to live, and if my father wants to protect me, let him. I will help you all I can to find the leak, but I want to breathe fresh air every day."

"Patricia, my ulcer is flaring up again."

"Take your pills, and relax. I will be guarded 24 hours a day, by people who know how to do it. We will come to Washington, and find out who is doing this, and for who. If it is someone from inside your agency, we will find out who it is, and who is giving the information to.. If someone is taking the information out of your computer again, I'm going to burn their computers down to the ground. If it's anyone else, I will let you know, and you can arrest him."

"I will get in touch with your friends, and get them back to Washington as quickly as possible."

"No, not yet, let me see if it's in the computer first, and then I'll call my gang in. If I don't think it is, it's not worth their time. I will find this person; I promise you Michael. Noone is allowed to hurt my father, Jemma, or Junior."

"Hey, what about me," Stephano said.

"My mom said I would only have two children. You have already accomplished that task." She grinned as she said, "You are superfluous now."

Stephano said, "You are a dead woman."

She retorted, "You will have no fun spanking a dead woman's ass."

William and Michael laughed as Stephano sat there with his mouth wide open. Patty put her index finger under his chin and closed it.

"I hate you Patricia, I really, really, hate you."

She sat on his lap, and kissed him. "I know, and I hate you too. Aren't we going to have fun for the next 80 years?"

"My heart will never last that long living with you. Then there will be the twins. If they take after you, I will take your gun and shoot myself."

"My mother said I was the perfect child."

"Your mother lied through her teeth. Either that, or you two were exactly alike."

William laughed. "Son, you hit it right on the head. Patricia is just like her mother. Don't argue with her, you will get nowhere fast. You will love her dearly, as I did her mother, but you will never be without a headache or heartache."

"Thank you dad, you have just made my life complete. Patricia where is your gun?"

Michael reached into his holster, and pulled out his gun. "Stephano, you can use mine, as long as you shoot me first."

Incensed, Patty said, "I am not that bad."

William, Michael, and Stephano said, "Do you want to bet?"

It was Patricia's turn to sit there with her mouth open. Stephano had to use his hand to close her mouth.

"Well, are you going to bet against us?"

"No, I think I will let this one pass."

"I can't wait to tell Brad that you back out of a bet."

"He won't believe you."

"I will have him call your father."

"You would not do that to me."

"Baby, I would do that to you every day of the week, and twice on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday."

"Bastard."

"Bitch."

"Prick."

"Patricia, watch your language," her father said.

"Dad, he started it."

"Young lady, you just lied to me."

"I told her earlier tonight that she sucked at lying. She told two today and got caught on both of them. I think she should be punished."

"I wholeheartedly agree son, but I will leave that up to you. I have to get back to my family, and Michael has to get back to Washington. Have a wonderful time, and make sure she cannot sit down for a week."

"Dad, I'm your daughter, don't encourage him."

"You must learn to watch your language, not to lie, and respect your husband. When you learn these things, I will stop encouraging him."

"It will be a cold day in hell before he gets all three things without returning them in kind. Our marriage is based on equality, not old fashion Italian values. It didn't work for you and my mother."

"Patricia, there was many a week that your mother could not sit down."

"There was probably many a week you went into a cold bed."

"That never happened, my daughter. We never went to bed angry with one another. It made for a very special kind of lovemaking, as I stroked her very tender behind."

"William, I have to get going, I have a 2 o'clock meeting."

"Goodbye children, enjoy yourselves."

Patricia kissed her dad goodbye, and hugged Michael.

"Michael, go see a doctor about that ulcer. It could be caused by bacteria or a virus, rather than stress."

"That's not possible Patricia. The acid in my stomach would kill it."

"Michael, do you trust me?"

"As much as I hate to admit this, yes I do."

"There is an Australian gastroenterologist on the staff at Johns Hopkins. Make an appointment to see him. I bet he will be able to cure that ulcer of yours. Promise me you will do it, or I won't find your leak."

"I'll call the hospital while I'm on the plane, and make the appointment. Find my leak, and will be even."

"You have a deal. I'll be in Washington by the middle of next week. We have to arrange for the repairs for the house."

1...345678