All Comments on 'Hook, Lie and Sinker'

by Ntropy586

Sort by:
  • 214 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 23 hours ago

Total crap waste of time reading only half a tale

HarleyRider1955HarleyRider1955about 1 month ago

A rushed and empty ending to an otherwise good story. 3 stars.

TexarManTexarManabout 2 months ago

Finish the story.... You need to tell how she handled the divorce and did she married her lover. Did she ust moved on to someone else? Knowing that she was a unremorseful cheater would be hard for her lover to take going forward as his wife. Did she tell her so call group of friends. How did they react to her divorce. Just a few thoughts to consider.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal1969about 2 months ago

dammit... I enjoyed that but I wanted to read about the fallout of the divorce and hopefully some karma for the ex-wife and a romance with the lawyer. bummer as a sequel was teased after this was published. Thanks for this though.

usaretusaret3 months ago

Should have been more of whatever author deemed necessary to show results of the final video tape.

demonsbedrivendemonsbedriven3 months ago

First, I want to say is the writing was good. But the story didn't feel complete to me. Like I didn't get closure or something. I don't know how to describe it.

Now Secondly, this pertains to the anonymous commenter. That said that marriage vows are just conventional formulas and just part of the ceremony. And can't be used against somebody that breaks their commitment they agree on. Um I don't even know how you came up with that. Your argument is illogical and make absolutely no sense. Simple fact is Marriage vows are a verbal contract. And verbal contract are just as legally binding as written ones. Because they are don't held to the standard, they once did doesn't change the facts. Marriage vows are not just conventional formulas. They are not useless words to fill the ceremony. They are promises to yourself, to the one you love, to your family and to your partner family. They hold power and should not be taken or looked at lightly. That the kind of mindset, why the divorce rate is so high now. And you also said you never seen somebody use the vows as objection when there a reconciliation happening. That bullshit, I read a few stories where one of the side characters points out the other characters cheating during a reconciliation. Asking them are they making the right decision. Is cheating not a broken vow. "Forsaken all others."

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

It was o.k. I have two general complaints that apply to this story, one of which is perhaps new. The first is one a number of people make, which is that I'm personally tired of the extensive how-they-met-and-how-they-got-married background a lot of authors give, well beyond some character description and background for current situation. The second is perhaps novel: I am tired of people reciting the marriage vows as some sort of holy basis for pointing out that someone has been unfaithful and that is intolerable. The truth is that to a large degree, the marriage vows are conventional formulas that people have to repeat to get married. When I got married, I just repeated them as part of the required ceremony. They have some weight and it's not that, for example, I planned on being unfaithful. But they're not sacred legal commitments like a signed contract, whether one thinks this is good or not. One gets rid of an unfaithful partner if one can't go on with them, because what they did is personally intolerable. If someone works to reconcile after a partner's unfaithful behavior, despite having said those vows, no one gets up and says 'oh my gosh, didn't you both take vows to be faithful? how can you stay with this person when those vows were broken?' (I've never seen someone raise this objection in a story where eventually people get back together, have you?). I suppose most people still get a thrill of satisfaction from seeing these vows used conclusively as some kind of moral finisher, and my being tired of them is largely personal. I will go on preferring the stories where people talk in terms of things that actually matter to most people, such as the devastation to one's trust or feeling of being worthwhile.

TajfaTajfa5 months ago

I was about to complain about the lack of a complete ending but on reflection it is finished. He went to Australia, met someone and ended married with 2 kids. She went through various lovers and unfortunately caught a nasty disease. She still pined for her ex and eventually found he had re married and had a young family. This proved too much and she over dosed on sleeping pills. Her only redeeming factor was she left the house and all her worldly goods to her ex.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Well done. 5 stars. S. F.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Just another pussy husband. I hate capthca

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

2 stars. Another unfinished story. It had promise and then went off the rails. Amazed at so many charitable husbands in these stories. Where they try to avoid naming and shaming. The question is why?

lujon2019lujon2019about 1 year ago

So he is giving the whore a half million dollar house and anlimony and keeping her being a whore a secret?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

boring...

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

Unapologetic Femdom agitprop cuckolds her husband but he’s no cuck.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well crafted. Good tight ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

No ending.....1 star

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The ending is like getting half of a blowjob.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

The HDK school of plot arc.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You finished the story very nicely.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Poor show!! U ejaculated prematurely!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Average as really not finished.

tomol111tomol111over 1 year ago

Wonderful writing! Please complete this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Finish the damn story.

MkflowMkflowover 1 year ago

Pretty abrupt ending

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Hhmmm, Uh Huh, yep certainly she got her come uppence. Well deserved too. LP

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

eljj546

There's another reason some anonymous posters have for not signing up, a reason that you haven't considered. Unless you want to write a story, there's absolutely no reason to bother.

As for anonymity - we're all anonymous. Your posting name gives no more information about your identity than mine does about me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It was a 4* story, maybe even more. However, the non-ending killed it a bit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

@eljj546, you have been a member of Literotica for 2 months. In that time your extraordinary powers of observation apparently placed you in a position to make sweeping statements regarding the Literotica commentariat. Based on your assertion that opinionated commentators should have published works of their own, imagine my surprise to see that you have submitted nothing. Thanks to your use of a screen name, we at least know comments from @eljj546 represent those of a hypocrite. Much appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story, but it is missing an ending.

eljj546eljj546about 2 years ago
I see there's another comment from anonymous.

Most anonymous commenters are too chickenshit to register for a name and too chickenshit to try to write their own story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story. Well-written. Tied up neat and clean. Down under could be. Nice position to be in.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Needed a proper ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

@hellsx247

Please. Don't be a dummy. People publicly threaten legal action with witnesses all the damn time.

"If you do this then I'll slap you with a lawsuit so big..."

That's hardly grounds for all police work to stop until they bring this "hardened criminal" to justice...

Filing charges? Engaging interpol? Losing his job in Austrailia...

Yeah. I imagine the guys at interpol tracking international criminals...murderers, human traffickers, money launderers? Yeah...they'd for sure jump in this case! Hahahaha...what a moron.

Thanks for the laugh you dolt.

Not a bad story. Getting offered the job overseas was timely to the melt down of his marriage.

My guess is that educated and smart cheating wives would hide their affair a little better than she had?

I mean hundreds or thousands of dollars a month on lingerie and clothes for her lover...and The Sheraton 8 to 10 times month? That would be a few thousand a month as well...all going on credit cards? And she leaves the statement lying around for him to find? Not very smart or realistic.

But decent story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Stupid story, poorly written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hubby is way, way, way the hell too generous. But that is the way all these stories go. Hubby is reduced to poverty are he has more money than god and can give the ex way more than she needs or deserves.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He was much too generous in the divorce. Shit. She hit a home run with that settlement. I know hr just wanted out, but he did not have to be stupid doing it.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Again. A great story, but I would still like all his evidence released in public and the whore and Matt burned to ashes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just another version of the old straw man (or in this case, woman) premise. Someone that completely stupid? Doubtful premise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Fairly boring story. The story premise for these types of stories relies on a women being completely stupid. While there maybe some stupid women out there I very much doubt that many men would marry them in the first place. You just can't hide that level of stupidity.

SikemSikemalmost 3 years ago

hellx247, it is not illegal to threaten someone with a public legal action. It is, in fact, the core of civil law. It is one's only recourse. You made a very silly statement.

If you are a troll, I applaud you. Well done.

JonDoe315JonDoe315almost 3 years ago

Follownup would be nice

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

About helix247 comment, you're definitely right, that your a pathetic cuckold fucking wimp

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Let the whore off easy with a golden parachute .

Pathetic wimpy stuff .

One star

helix247helix247almost 3 years ago

"If, for whatever reason, this agreement cannot be reached, then... I will make sure that this is a VERY public matter, that the information I have collected detailing your trysts with your lover is brought to the public eye, and that, if possible, your society and charity 'friends' are as uncomfortably reminded of this matter as possible."

Michael's recorded message constitutes an admission of extortion, a crime in every one of the 50 states. Veronica's lawyer should be calling the police. Next chapter: as Michael's BTB veered criminally overboard, an international warrant for his arrest is issued and Interpol is alerted. He loses his job and is extradited from Australia. He is flown back to the US handcuffed to a Federal Marshal.

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aaalmost 3 years ago

He is a fool for being so generous. Veronica should pay for her infidelity. He should have had her served at one of her charity events along with Matt. This is a fair story, enough to keep it interesting but it sure NEEDS another chapter. We need to find out what Veronica choice was, as far as the divorce options. Michael and his new job and new location, we want to find out if he can find some new love interest. I liked the tale but it really lacked an ending.

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

3 stars - no comment

SexecutionerSexecutionerabout 3 years ago

Way too generous, shoulda gone nuclear on her skank ass...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

way too generous. The way she acted he had every right to go for adultery and make it all public so the other socialites get outed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Where is the ending. Only half a story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Excellent story with an excellent ending.

All of these comments asking what happens next remind me of my little kids when I would read them a fairy tale. When the story was over, they would say 'What happened next, Daddy?' You know the answer to that question, but these are adult stories, so the answer is just a little bit different: 'And he lived happily ever after.'

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well on its way to 5 stars

Shame the story is not finished. 3 stars.

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago

Good story, but it needs to be finished. What happens to Michael in Australia? What happens to Veronica?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I FOR ONE

Think the story is finished. What else is there to say, she cheated on regular basis, the reasons why are insignicant. The only thing was if he got it on with Karen Mills, but again that is insignicant to the cheating wife story

JJ

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 3 years ago

I would like the other society-ladies sued for recomending a lover. Maybe a letter to alle the husbands would be an option.

eightytuneseightytunesover 3 years ago

Well, it was said by other readers = finish the damn story. So do it.

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

you have a real knack for always dropping the third act

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Started reading some of your other stories since your latest release intrigued. Not quite as novel story arc as today's release, but I do like your individual flair. What I don't understand is why you don't flesh out the rest of the story or fill in obviously missing plot lines. 4* on this one...

carindenniscarindennisover 3 years ago

Finish the damn story!

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Again

Great story, but I too vote for blowing up the lives of both her and her lover.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
I read it again.

Her attitude is remarkable. I do believe some people are influenced in this way, taking on airs they never earned, but I guess once done they continue until it does not work. I like the husband and I wish him well.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
No holds barred! He let both cheaters off? Wimp

Took easy way out

As other authors say work to live Not live to work!

As you wrote discussion on work and tired didn't come until late

And when she wanted change job etc no discussion she made decisions

Wimp

Tired at your age hell my last daughter not born till I was 55

6 kids she was surprise although wife younger than me she thought she had passed childbirth years ago. Not only her but all kids changed more diapers than her more playground time and still working 50-60 hours a week not by choice changing companies due to buy outs etc

So don't give me that tired shit

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Good story

I like the way he put an end to a bad marriage and his cheating wife. He should, however, have gone for adultery and blown up her life completely. The lover's life also.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Worked for me! 5*****

If there was any doubt, her attitude in the confrontation addressed it. There is no love. Well told.

etchiboyetchiboyover 4 years ago
Specific mention was made of making 2 recordings. So...

... what's the deal? Would it appear in a (non-existant) part 2?

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Another read

A very good story with Michael, a good man, and the cheating, entitled wife Veronica. He stands by his convictions and gives her a too fair divorce. A good man.

Boros749Boros749about 5 years ago
Very generous of him

Its probably one of the reasons why she decided to get a lover. She knows she married a pushover. its a win-win for her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
There simply is no job nor profession that is worth the loss of a good marriage.

Despite his claim that Veronica has changed, it appears she has not changed at all. Their marriage had changed, and he enabled or at least acquiesced to that change.

Why did he allow her to stop working without any discussion or input from him? Why did he not know where she was, who she was with, what she was doing with her time? Its because he had put their marriage partnership on hold and was focused more on his career. She morphed from loving devoted loyal wife, to cheating delusional self serving whore, and he never noticed any change in her demeanor, her affect, her attitude, her respect toward him, how she spent her time and how she explained what she was doing for her charities? It sounds like she went off to have a second part time husband and the first husband never had a clue, and hardly cared what she was doing, if she was happy, what their future looked like.

Yes, she'll be just fine without him. She has become a sterile cuckoo, and will find plenty of men to fill her needs. I hope Michael has the good sense to explore a relationship with his lawyer. Maybe this time he'll remember that his marriage partner comes first, last, and in between.

Just another shallow tepid distant marriage that died due to neglect and lack of interest. Kind of like the followup to this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Anonymous 12/18 missed a few things

1)Sure, house is paid off- probably worth more like $500K. 2)The lawsuit for Alienation of Affection is worth millions- and it would tarnish Veronica's employment potential

notredame43notredame43over 5 years ago
not bad

id like a part 2 to see her BS rationalizations

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Very Nice

Not a real BTB story but he certainly made her future look very uncomfortable. Another commentor mentioned going all “scorched earth”. I think I would have gone that route, but there’s nothing saying he can make public all the pics and video his PI gathered, just do it after the divorce is finalized. Yep, she really screwed the pooch when she cheated.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Thoughts

"Veronica explained that she was doing this for him" - Did he ask for that? When his work caused that, he CHANGED so that it WOULDN'T happen, now SHE'S making it happen?

"But, Michael quickly realized, he didn't actually know." - Why do they always say that? He may not have evidence that would stand up in a court of law, but he has: no sex life; hotel charges; lingerie stores; men's clothing stores. Those last two COULD be legit, but why on a supposedly closed account; has he received any new clothes or noticed any new lingerie?

"until he had proof one way or the other" - Again, maybe not courtroom proof, but she arrives disheveled, gives him a flat-out lie, and he still wants "proof"?

With no-fault divorce no proof is needed, I wouldn't even bother with making an accusation that she would probably deny, just say you've drifted apart and want a divorce.

He should hold off the promotion until after he at least files for divorce, to reduce alimony.

Since he';s so hung up on "evidence," why didn't he check the laundry for her soiled panties that first night?

He didn't know that his boss, who was also a friend, had a daughter?

LOL, she's mad that he "walked out," when he TRIED to talk to her, and NOW she's demanding to "talk now"?

"having someone on the side allowed them to still give their husbands a solid home life, while allowing for their needs to be taken care of as well." - Not that I approve, but why should that preclude taking care of her husband's needs?

TailakaTailakaover 5 years ago
Good story

Why would he pay her alimony PLUS $500? I get the house car swap for his retirement accounts, but $500 IN ADDITION to alimony payments is quite generous. I guess he just wants out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Great story, ignore the dumbass below me.

cabbage01132cabbage01132almost 6 years ago
"he sat back and enjoyed the chai tea latte"

no wonder she cheated on him.

five stars.

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Good story

While I prefer the scorched earth option to the divorce, this was a very good story. Although I would have liked to see the wife and her lover go down in flames, everyone is not as vindictive as I am. Thanks again to Ntropy for a story about a reasonable man who wins in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Just how would you get your wife to sign divorce papers stating that she gets nothing, and will be burnt at the stake in the town square, and have a judge sign off on it?

Anyway, while reading this, until page 2 or some place around there, it was the literary equivalent of chewing on cardboard. Maybe having a mouth full of pebbles, unable to spit them out, saliva accumulating as you gag a bit trying to not drown or swallow any rocks, wave after wave of wretching with a muscle-ripping intensity, eyes watering and nose running as you begin to sob, accidentally aspirating a rock, leading to pneumonia and death. Honestly I don't know how I made it; it was like being waterboarded. Lol. Every word could be predicted... and when that happens the story becomes unreal, like a word that loses its meaning after being repeated. But then it became better, definitely by the Australia acceptance part.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Except Veronica's future is fine.

She's going to get paid for cheating. He's going to pay her substantial alimony and how long do you think it will take her to find a bigger, richer fish? I'm sure Matt Lambert will help her in every way possible if for no other reason than to keep his name out of any scandal. So while Michael may be gone off to another country, Veronica is staying home, her lifestyle guaranteed. Bad, no - make that horrible, ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Thoughtful

From the comments other readers have posted there seems to be dissatisfaction

with the way and style the ending was managed.

The main character was developed and explained in a manner which made the ending not only believable, but totally mandatory to maintain the story line.

The call for further bloodthirsty story line development leaves a certain sense of wonderment and disbelief at how some people deal with their personal mental and psychological dillberries!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
WHY NOT BLOW THE BITCH OUT OF THE WATER?....

no need to be gentle with this slut, she doesn't give a shit about you so why should you care about her? $500 dollars a month for fucking around on you? Give her the house? I'd burn it down first. And somehow the investigators report would find it's way into the public eye soon after I'd left the country. Am a firm believer in total and complete BTB.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Part 2?

Pretty good build up now finish it with a part 2.

TnexTnexover 6 years ago
Not Complete

I would’ve liked to read an ending. I would’ve gave it more stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I liked the story, as far as it went. I realize I must be in a minority here because more and more I read stories with what I consider “insufficient” endings, but no one else seems to be bothered by it. Oh well. D

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good story

Good story but a bit impersonal and needed revenge.A bit ordinary.

What really gets me is the comments left by others.Its a story not real life.it doesn't matter if it's nonsense.I quite liked it but find the redneck comments to be utterly moronic made by sad little men who obviously are unable to keep their women and want to burn the bitch etc.And they say the author has written a story that's not real life.

Oh you sad little men playing with themselves as they cannot find a women ITS A STORY

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Alienation of Affection Suit

The alienation of affection suit threatened in the story is merely to bring to light the identity of the man the wife is having the affair with. Even if the suit is dismissed, the details of the affair would come to light and provide further basis for the divorce based on adultery. The wife obviously is trying to maintain her reputation and everything used in exposing the affair would destroy that reputation. Whether or not the suit has merit or is legally allowed is beside the point.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 7 years ago
Damn

Cheating cunt needed more revenge. Ahhh, fuck her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
get a life

>>Stupid, do your research!

Alienation of affection is basis for a lawsuit in only six states. It has been abolished in the other 44. Next time do your research.

Formulaic story.<<

Oh wow, i guess the entire story is ruined now, because he didn't get that fact right.. Grow up, get outside and try have a life instead of bitching because of a petty difference like that..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Stupid, do your research!

Alienation of affection is basis for a lawsuit in only six states. It has been abolished in the other 44. Next time do your research.

Formulaic story.

MaFreplerMaFreplerabout 7 years ago
You need to work on creating real characters and situations

You say that the wife is intelligent, but you show her as stupid and obtuse. She says that she doesn't want a divorce, but you show her as being completely out of touch with what she has done and its effect on her husband and marriage. You say that he is smart and professional, but you show that he is a coward unable to have a meaningful discussion with his own wife. You also need to work on your dialogue and descriptions.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 7 years ago

Too much telling rather than showing especially in the characterisation

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
at least an explanation

Of how Veronica's future was so dark. She is left very well off financiallly and has her lover. As he will be out of country she can spin reasons for divorce that will be acceptable to her ''circle''

Well written concerning structure, story flow, and technical aspect but story was missing that certain something

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
1*

some fucking boring shit. wife is a dumb cardboard character. no sex. no emotion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
great

Very nice story and excellent writing.

However, it really needs a next chapter as you have set the foundations of a relationship between him and his lawyer.

That and I really like the guy to be happy after a cheating wife destroys everything.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 7 years ago
Unfinsihed

There was an obvious epilogue where Michael, having returned for another promotion two years later, with new wife Karen (nee Mills) and their baby son run into Veronica at her evening job behind the perfume counter at Macy's in the mall. The house had been sold as she couldn't pay the property taxes and now lived alone with her cat in a small apartment. Matt and her "Society" friends dropped her when her financial status dropped and she could no longer volunteer around her two jobs.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I was right there...

Until you typed those words. Alienation of Affection. Not in this millennium.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Another possible settlement

Since he was leaving the country, he could move all of his wealth out of the USA. That money would not be accessible for the divorce settlement. Then he could just tell his wife to sign and get the house or don't sign get zero support. There is no way for her the get any money from him while living outside of the USA.

tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
WHEN ONE FINALLY HAS TO CHOOSE

make that choice with authority, blackmail, leverage and finality. TK U MLJ LV NV

Seeker1107Seeker1107about 8 years ago
Liked it

The story while being a bit dry was written well in my opinion. I wonder what was on that second recording. As far as nay Sayers and detractors I can only say what I said in the other story that I left a commentary on. I invite, nay, dare you to do better. If you don't like the writers style, then keep in mind that these offerings here are free for your perusal and reading, and, if you don't like the authors style don't read his stories.

That having been said, I would have enjoyed a fuller ending with say the aftermath. The fact that all those old biddies told her to get a lover to keep up a solid home front for the husband is ludicrous in the extreme for them saying it to her using it as justification. After thirteen years of marriage I would have assumed that she would know or at least guess as to what his reaction would be when, not if but when, her husband would find out. As SW-Hermit put in his story "smart set of cheaters" a cheater will always be found out. It is usually the smallest things that will out them, but, it will come out sooner or later. Her attempt to justify it is even worse as she is basically telling him he is an idiot.

Thanks for the offering, and as an aside please add an epilogue in your future writings. Good story regardless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I liked this story...

...although I feel like it was unfinished. The aftermath would have been nice to learn about...for this only 3 stars...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Despite

Despite BonnieTaylors crass attitude, She is correct, this is a good story. I would have liked a better ending, it was unfinished. IMHO. The author mentioned sequel in another story, but probably not till 2024.

For that reason 4 stars

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2over 8 years ago
report this asshole of LIT!!!! This stry is great!!!

a big old 5 for you .

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous