All Comments on 'Hope'

by FreyaGersemi

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
chytownchytownabout 2 months ago

*****Interesting follow-up looking forward to next chapter. Thanks for sharing.

DevinterDevinterabout 2 months ago

I am glad that Finn found some sliver of hope, for I feel only sadness. Can't wait for part 3. I have to say, I think releasing these three connected chapters a day apart might have been a blessing in disguise, because it is giving us readers time to stop and reflect on the words written in a deeper way than if we could just turn the page and instantly find out how things end. For me, these pauses is increasing the emotional impact, increasing the intensity of every word.

miqael69miqael69about 2 months ago

U made me cry again.

FreyaGersemiFreyaGersemiabout 2 months agoAuthor

@Devinter, I think you may be right having the three parts staggered over three days. I must remember to never ever question Laurel again.

NormalMarriedWhiteGuyNormalMarriedWhiteGuyabout 2 months ago

Freya's story was very well written and when combined with the last story captures all the emotions of caring for someone with a terminal disease. Anyone who has gone through this with a spouse, parent, sibling or close friend knows this. Though there is no easy way to overcome the loss of a loved one, at this point in the story, you have braced yourself for the outcome. The real shock and devastation comes when you learn of the diagnosis. Still, you're emotionally drained as you see the person deteriorate day by day until the end comes. By the time the end comes, the emotional numbness has set in. All you can do is tell yourself that the suffering is now over and they are in a better place. I should know, I was there a couple of times with loved ones.

FreyaGersemiFreyaGersemiabout 2 months agoAuthor

@miqael6923, you wrote: "U made me cry again." Tune in tomorrow for the stunning conclusion!

FreyaGersemiFreyaGersemiabout 2 months agoAuthor

@NormalMarriedWhiteGuy, It's a real drag, but it's also part of life. There's not a lot we can do about death, except deal with it as best we can. And thank you for reading my story!!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 2 months ago

Dying is hard but living may be harder!

5

intim8intim8about 2 months ago

BAM! That one hit hard.

Comentarista82Comentarista82about 2 months ago

When I read the parts where it said to a God he had lost faith in, I immediately thought of Miguel Unamuno's story about "San Manuel, Bueno, Martir," where a clown lost his passion for his job and was going through the motions.. with the segue to the preacher having lost his faith in God. Other things occurred to me like the song "Ana" from the Mexican pop-rock group Mana, where they say in Spanish "Ana will leave someday, Ana will leave this world and will leave forever"; and the song--for whatever reason ran through my head also--from Sammy Hagar called "Give to Live," which basically has a chorus of "if you want love you got to give a little; if you want faith you just believe a little; if you want peace turn your cheek a little." You included different images that packed big punches in very short segments for the greatest effect I can imagine. Of course, you picture well how someone feels when they're about to lose a loved one, and it's very true to form; I don't think a single person could fault how Finn felt, nor reacted, nor thought at any one stage of the story. What especially encourages someone is his former boss calling him back to work, and not taking no for an answer to create a positive sense of obligation on his part because that is the only way you get through to somebody in the depths of despair like that - - is you basically insist on them being helped into a routine so they move forward in some way. This is most definitely worth another 5.

FreyaGersemiFreyaGersemiabout 2 months agoAuthor

@Comentarista82, you wrote: "You included different images that packed big punches in very short segments for the greatest effect I can imagine." Thank you. That means a lot to me! And about Finn's boss calling him back to work. Everyone in this story is a hero if you know where to look. Finn just for trudging through his life in the face of such horror. Vera for the same. Finn's boss for reaching out to help. Even Ana for insisting that Finn continue to enjoy his life even on the day of her death sentence. Readers have commented that Vera was an angel or sent for a reason. As I wrote it, Vera was just a hurt person walking by. No more, no less. Simply a woman trying to get through life who decided to help someone. I like everyday heroes. And again, thank you for reading, voting, and commenting!

Sailman9Sailman94 days ago

It’s been five months since we were notified my wife has cancer while waiting for chemotherapy to start on 1/21 she had a heart attack once again I heard she would not be alive in April she has been getting chemotherapy every week

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFreyaGersemi@FreyaGersemi
Currently, I'm on the 9th installment of my "Sex Addict" series. Probably titled "Vibrators, Butt Plugs, and Nipple Piercings" and it involves the three girls gettin' in on! In the meantime, Story Freya has plans to get Katie laid by a real man! But that's the following chapte...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Love Next Part
Faith Previous Part