Hopeful Sin - Prologue

Story Info
Light cannot exist without Darkness...
1k words
4
2k
1
0

Part 1 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/26/2023
Created 04/23/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Prologue

The Dark Lord stood triumphant over his latest conquest. The city before him was filled with screams and moans. He turned to his faithful Lieutenant, the Succubus Syrafin and asked, "Casualties?"

"Two guards, and seven Paladins, my Dark Master."

He is joyous at the news. Another near bloodless coup. Only the overly righteous tend to get in his way. But he does have an image to maintain so he frowns. "I told you no killing. Corruption is ever so much sweeter. Now you will have to be punished..." The Succubus' eyes light up in excitement.

In a burst of flame a black king's bed appears on the hill, chains rattling on its posts. Leather and metal straps dangle from every possible surface. As the city is gripped in the throes of an uninhibited city-wide orgy, the Dark Demon of Seduction commands his minion on to the bed. But, as he disrobes, he suddenly grabs his chest where a mortal would have a heart. "No..." he gasps.

His champion looks up from the bed with concern. "Master..?" And suddenly they are engulfed in light.

======

500 years ago, the forces of Light and Darkness fought for dominion of the souls of the world. Both sides were well matched, and it seemed the battles would be fought forever. But then the Darkness started to make gains. Instead of killing, the forces of Evil sought a more insidious approach. They corrupted the followers of Light with something far more precious than power. Freedom. Hedonism and taboo spread like wildfire. Sensing their possible defeat, the powers of Light sought a way to avert disaster. So, they send a team of their best, wildly devoted Paladins and Clerics, with Draconic and High Elven support, deep into the earthly domain of the Dark Lord. They could not hope to defeat a being of godlike power, but they could imprison him.

They entered his realm and one by one they fell to temptation. Then, the night the Demon Prince successfully corrupted the capital of the Empire of Glory, a lone human priestess, Fillindari, made it to his throne room. There she placed the Binding Stone, crafted by the Gods of Light, into his throne, sealing his divine soul to this one room, and containing his influence to the same.

Cut off from his leadership, the forces of Darkness quickly reverted to their old way, raping, pillaging, and murdering their way through the world. This brought the peoples of the world back to their senses and they retaliated. They reasoned that the Binding Stone had worked so well on the Devil, why not everyone else of evil birth? Soon more stones were crafted by mortal clerics and mages and bound to the souls of those deemed not good enough.

Entire cities of humanoids were cast into the earth. Enemy armies were attacked with bombs of light that banished them to the depths in dozens of newly formed dungeons. The threat of condemnation became the favorite tool of the Holy Order of the Inquisition. Those orcs, goblinoids and such who remained on the surface were forced into servitude. The promise of banishment keeps them in line.

As the years went on, the "winners" began to feel a sense of boredom. So they would pit themselves against the dungeons. And if a dungeon became too lethal, they would send in the Inquisitors to destroy the man-made Binding Stones within, which would instantly destroy those bound to it. The denizens of the dungeons were soon educated to know they were nothing more than a diversion for their masters on the surface. Goblins and orcs were slaughtered for training. The demons and devils faced different but no less terrible fates.

But in all this time, the location of the original Binding Stone has been lost. The dungeons grow with each new bound creature and have become a winding entangled maze of underdark domains. Bored nobles and adventurers continue to explore the depths. But they don't venture too deep. The most powerful creatures are buried there. And the Inquisition has declared the lowest depths to be "at your own risk". As long as the creatures stay down there, the Holy Order does not hunt them or destroy their home.

=====

Today the people of the surface have settled on a stagnant lifestyle of pure peace. No wars, no temptation, almost no drive to do more. The vast majority are content in this life. But there are still adventurers and others who wish to become more than content with life and brave the depths of the dungeons.

There is also Syrafin, the Succubus. With her Master banished right before her, she was left desolate. Most succubi who were not banished with the rest of the demons were forced to work in brothels or become concubines for the wealthy. But such work was not easy for her. Cursed for her master's pleasures, her maidenhood returns with each dawn. And unlike her Lord, the humans and elves hardly made it worth her pain. So, she became chaste and resentful. All the while exploring the dungeons, looking for signs or clues. Any way to reunite with her Master. Sometimes alone or with a party, she spends her eternal existence searching.

Then there is Fillindari, the lone survivor of the original expedition to seal the Demon away. She was blessed with eternal youth and life, beyond any human before her. She will be eighteen forever. Having witnessed her entire company fall to seduction and temptation, while she alone remained pure, her life has been one of adoring loneliness. Everyone sings her praises even as they stay away from her. After all, if she survived and resisted the Dark Lord, who are they to touch her? Leaving her yearning for more than what has become her lot in life. But her divinely blessed radiance instills the hands-off mandate on even strangers who would approach her. Only a god could kill her now, or free her from her curse. The Gods of Light view it as a blessing to be carried by their champion and refuse her pleas. There is only one who might listen...