All Comments on 'Hot Chocolate for Christmas Eve'

by A_Bierce

Sort by:
  • 112 Comments
R69runnerR69runnerover 4 years ago
A thoughtful, loving story.

This one really tugs at your heart.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 4 years ago
Thank You

What a beautiful tale of the power of love!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
5 stars,

\\very inspirational story. Your work was well written even if there were a couple of errors. I really enjoyed this story. I am jamesonehorse. Thanks for your submission.

lusteroticlusteroticover 4 years ago
AWW

A heart-warmer much like the title

jasonnhjasonnhover 4 years ago

I'll say this because I know it's true but I don't care. It's not an erotic story and perhaps not a Loving Wives story of either variant, cheating or deeply loving.

With that out of the way, it's a emotional powerhouse, like a Hallmark movie on steroids. It's a great holiday read about the power of unyielding and unstoppable love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well, that was beautiful

Thank you, I’m sitting on a LIRR train with tears in my eyes. What a nice start to the Christmas season.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Dammit

You made me cry. Well done wordsmith..

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Finaly

It was nice to read a feel good story. Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Confused

Good read but why is this in Literotica at all? Zero sex content.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Outstanding

No other words. Just outstanding!

Impo_64Impo_64over 4 years ago
Not yet Christmas, but...

Not yet Christmas, but thank you for this beautiful Christmas story...5*

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago
Very Sweet Story

Perfect for this time of year.

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I bet it was a really sweet story, . . .

but by the time Connie slipped in the snow and flung her phone out of her grasp and slid down the hill and broke something, I was broken too. Over the top slap-stick calamity with meandering critical contemplation pushed me strait to page four. And as soon as I learned that Paul and Connie were sitting on the couch 20 years later I was satisfied, and done.

Won't score it cause I didn't read it, but I hope its all 5's from those who enjoy this emotional jello salad. Perfect season for it.

Happy Thanksgiving.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Amazing Story

I’m not sure how or why it got posted in Loving Wives, but I’m glad it did. A very heart warming story about love conquering all.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Very, very nice!

Why didn't she give the barista a tip? Why didn't the cop follow her home?

Okay, I can buy the Deus ex Machina of the Bible falling open to the page that inspired the priest, but then SHE has to fall down, too?

"Ethan told her that Paul was unhappy because he was the only one who didn't get to read to her." - It's obvious NOW, but we skipped right over where Connie read to her.

Despite my nitpicks, five stars all the way.

TajfaTajfaover 4 years ago
Nice story

However, not sure this is the right category. Still a very nice story.

JayDiverJayDiverover 4 years ago
5's

'tis the season for a feel-good Christmas story and this one was a great way to spend some time this morning. Thanks

donkinkdonkinkover 4 years ago
A True loving wives story.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
5 Stars, of course!

This is the kind of story I wouldn't have expected from you, but then may be THAT is exactly why you had to write it.

However, it being very well done, and extremely effective? That I absolutely expected from you.

Thank you very much, I guess it is never too early to get into the Christmas spirit!

Ignore the category police, if they come around. They just want to piss in our hot chocolate, and I for one always insist on whipped cream instead.

Again, thanks much for this story, and all of your contributions. You have become a favorite! Have a great day and a joyous holiday season!

SKHPSKHPover 4 years ago
Gripping story

But would better fit in "Romance". 4*

moblanemoblaneover 4 years ago
WOW

Such a great story and a total tear-jerker. However, it has many possibilities as an erotic story. I am not a writer, at any level, but I felt the urge to try and modify this excellent tale into a more adult/sexy account detailing the trials of Connie and Paul. was surprised to find such an entertaining and beautifully written story in this section but, GREAT JOB, thank you! 5*****

looking4itlooking4itover 4 years ago

Not sure the epilogue is worth half the content of the story. The real story begins at the epilogue, the first part acts more like a prologue. Nice story about love and Christmas. It will be hammered by the horny host but for those who are looking for quality shorty stories with good plots it should score well.

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11over 4 years ago
Wonderful

So poignant

GrimmerGrimmerover 4 years ago
Emotionally Confusing

Liked the characters.

Liked the plot.

Liked the encounters.

Then why does this tale feel emotionally flat?

Pretty good - 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wow

What a great story! Thanks for writing this and sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Love the best gift of all

In a world where the is more disconnect than connection it was great to see someone to take time for humanity and love not just sex weather in moral or unmoral setting. It was a great story of human survival of body mind and spirit very well done

Longhorn__07Longhorn__07over 4 years ago
Very Nice

Probably should have been posted in non-erotic but, that aside, this is a very well written story for everyone to enjoy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Yay

Don’t know why it was posted here, but glad it was. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wonderful!

Well written & a great message!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Maybe Romance? More likely non-erotic

You skimmed over a lot of issues people face in their lives. Miscarriages are a terrible tragedy in peoples lives. Some get through them and successfully have children. Some never solve the problem and end up childless. People argue, have poor communication skills and get divorced. All kinds of workers, stuck in jobs they hate or are unqualified to do, or just don't want to do, do more damage than good. Ever been to the Department of Motor Vehicles??? Shit happens. Then you sugar coat things, slap a ribbon on them and it's all happy, happy joy, joy. Not badly written, but too sappy for a loving wives story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Christmas Blessings

Although the first segment to this story does not match my a title, I feel it does the complete story. By far, in this Season, it made my spirit happy. Strange thing to say on this library of erotica, huh?

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 4 years ago
Very nice story

This was a beautiful feel good story that really fits this time of the year.

Thanks for sharing.

firemanlitfiremanlitover 4 years ago

OK< time to add a new section of stories. Tear Jerkers. Instead of stars, the logo will be tears. This will be the opening story and will be given 5 tears.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Outstanding

I’ve no doubt you’ll get criticized for submitting your work here. People often see what they want to see. Nonetheless, there’s no rule that says stories posted here can’t be uplifting. Whatever your reasons, I applaud your courage. IMO the story was well written. It is thanksgiving after all

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 4 years ago
Outstanding 5*

Great story for any season. Forget about the anonymous a-hole. Some folks have no heart to touch. But you got to mine. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Two words.

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Page one shortened for you,

'We argued about hot chocolate, Connie stormed out to get her own, and like ships passing in the night we kept missing each other trying to apologise to the other, then we crashed in the snow because we're both to fucking stupid to stay out of it'

Long winded boring page 1.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
Well

That was a damn good tear jerker holiday story. After the set up though I was wondering if we really wanted Mr. and Mrs. Spaz to be in charge of any kid's safety. ;)

What happened to the pastor when the officer found the wreck? Maybe I need to read again.

When the case worker stated the stipend would no longer be there, was she not stating a fact she was obligated to share? WTF?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice loving Christmas story

Emotionally charged but prodictably contrived story. Obviously written by someone of faith and exposure to one type of first responder or another. (My guess is emt) also obviously the story was written over time with breaks in between. The style changes and placement of the epilogue on page two out of four pages were slightly distracting. The "Dud" comment about this not being a loving wife story is erroneous, the wife was probably the most realistic character and showed herself to be very loving. Although I have a hunch the author was considering turning the story into the typical wife fucks around story but wisely chose the seasonal story line instead. 3* for sappy emotional plot, -2 for style changes, +4 for having the guts to post a non btb, non cuck truely loving wife story is a Christmas miracle! Good job

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
Of course

I bet he keeps hot chocolate in the house at all times now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
good but wrong category

should be in NE

Reader121Reader121over 4 years ago
To firemanlit

I support your suggestion, but there are other good tear jerkers on here. Give "Word of Mouth" by lgreenwood a try.

johnadpjohnadpover 4 years ago
Wonderful Story

One of the big problems with the foster care system is that at eighteen they age out of the system. The state stops paying for their care, and they are usually kicked out of the foster care home at that point, even if they are middle of their senior year in high school. Most don't end up getting their high school degrees for that reason. So don't blame that social services woman asking the question she did.

The stats on foster care children are awful.

1. 20% of foster care children that "age out" of the system become instantly homeless.

2. 80% of prisoners in the US have been through the foster care system.

3. 70% of the girls become pregnant by 21.

4. Less than 3% graduate from college at any point in their lives

5. 60% of the boys that have gone through the foster care system are convicted of a crime.

6. 7,000 children are adopted in the US every year. However, more than 100,000 are awaiting adoptions.

One area our government needs to spend more money on and people need to get more involved with is the foster care system. These kids have usually gone through major trauma in their original family homes, including severe abuse. Yes, many of them have inherited mental health issues as well from the parents. Just the more reason why more money should be spent on them, both up to the age of 18, and then after (especially the following 4 or 6 years). It's not completely for altruistic reasons either. If we can even reduce the crime stats by foster care kids even by half, which would still be much higher than the general population, that would save us so much money devoted to the justice system, effect on the victims, etc.

RTR10RTR10over 4 years ago

I would comment if I could stop freaking crying....5-stars

LonesomeBoy60LonesomeBoy60over 4 years ago
Poor example..

For the couple to try and have the social worker fired from her job, was very Un-Christian like, and showed no compassion, The social worker made a statement fact of fact, not an accusation, and for the wife to react the way she did showed her in a very poor light. She took it to the extreme, why because of her "thin skin", she was written pretty shallow. The story was o.k. besides that small chapter. 4 Stars, instead of the 5 I wanted to give it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
One little thing

Can't give it a five. I feel sorry for the probably way overworked and jaded caseworker that they ruined instead of lifting. It seemed like vengeance, which was out of character for our Catholic couple. At least she had her union to keep her from being left destitute by their payback. Nice boss, had her back.

Now, other than that a heart warming well written story that misses the five

JimC

666iceman666icemanover 4 years ago
What a Story

A_B All I can say is thank you for a really great tear-jerking story, also very apt at this time of year. I do hope that it instils others to show kindness to all man/women kind in the future. Thank you... Iceman

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 4 years ago
To all the hy here sayers...

Why here, because it was the right story at the right time. Sure a different category might have worked but lately L/W has been over run with crappy stories and the few that get through should be appreciated. I for one intend with the writer's OK will store it to my hard drive as a new Christmas favorite. Another five performance from a five star writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Bravo

Wonderful story, exceptional for the holidays.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 4 years ago
A Masterpiece!

More than merely a loving wife story, this was a story of love, miscommunication, tragedy, love, and acceptance, then adoption, patience, all drizzled with love and patience.

I was adopted and raised in a deeply loving and fully accepting family, this touched me in many ways. Kudos, well done, and a sincere thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I lost interest after the first page. You're a pretentious, arrogant, self-righteous blowhard.

management91399management91399over 4 years ago
The Loving Wives version of a Hallmark Christmas Movie

Which is fine in this category as Loving Wifes seems to be more about terrible monster wives than actual loving wives but a couple of places the story disconnects.

First the rant about the social worker and unions seems to belong in a FB thread more than an actual story makes me think less of the world the author in building and more of their own personal prejudices and agendas. I don't care what your own opinions are but you managed to push me out of the story which is probably something you didn't want to happen to a reader.

Second the amazing recovery of the little boy who was born drug addicted. These kids have way more problems in school over the years. I feel if this couple were making a difference it would have taken them a lot more work to get him where he ended up.

Other than that a refreshing change for this category, I'll have to check out your other work to see how you write an actual erotic or sex scene.

baconcookerbaconcookerover 4 years ago
Beutiful

Wow!! Great story about a truly loving wife and her truly loving husband. Not all loving wife stories need to about sex as you have just proven. No other category would apply.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 4 years ago
Grinch Time

Exactly HOW did Hubby’s & Sweetie’s trip to and sojourn at the ER lead to the fostering ... then adoptions? (re: Ending tear-jerk comment before their elder-shag. Don’t forget the lube!)

unrated in LW but it was a good’un as TJs go!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
@Grimmer Re: "Emotionally Confusing"

"Then why does this tale feel emotionally flat?" - Probably because of the multiple POV's.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Adoptions

My daughter adopted an unwanted little boy. 10 foster families in less than 5 years. When, eventually, he talked up them, he would, my7th home I had a bicycle. It took her 3 years with multiple case workers to finally get the paperwork done. Twice she had to start from the beginning, forced to take him to San Francisco, from LA, to see his grandmother. His mother was a drug addict. First time she was rude and nasty. Next time she didn't show, which showed him he was not worth loving. The third time she got a lawyer. He demanded to see the case files. None of them had made 1. He now was married in the LDS Temple and has 2 little girls. A grand daughter is going through the same process. She is stating her third year. The little girl is abought 3 and doesn't know any other home. Her mother lives in fear that the babies mother's husband, whom wasn't known when the baby was relinquished for adoption, and is now out of Jail, will be given custody. He refuses a DNA test, and the hearings go on.

My point, adoption, Unless you get a foreign baby, are long arduous and full of grief.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great heart warming Christmas story! Why on this site ? but well executed story.

Not a typical loving wife story , but a good story non the less. A sort of miracle to get this story together. What category does it really fit in?

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 4 years ago
Wonderful tale of...

...life and love. Thank you for sharing your talent and vision.

5/5

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Very Happy

I'm very happy that this was in LW, otherwise I would have missed it. Just a wonderful story for the season, and just what I needed. Thank you , Mr.Bierce , for a little light in the darkness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
5

I've read 100's of LW stories. This is the only 5 I've ever given.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Certainly not the wrong category

Very much a heartwarming loving wives tale.Thanks for writing a great story.

penneydog55penneydog55over 4 years ago
Top Story

Tears and Tissues Story!....Look I'm not going to Fault this Story! It's Christmas and a season of Giving and remember the true meaning of Christmas (Getting Fantastic Pressies is close)......Thanks for sharing this Brilliant story with us! 5 Stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE♡♡♡♡♡

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Damn Not Sure If Glad I Read It Or Not....

Well written and if this didnt tug on the heart strings you are a soulless bastard who probably hates puppies, underdogs winning, and listen to Nickelback all day. I was not expecting to ready story like this and now got me feeling all hallmark movie esq you asshole lol... jokes aside was great little read and ignore anyone who didnt like it at all

patilliepatillieover 4 years ago
Wonderful

Thx for the great holiday story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Now that!!!

Is a Christmas Story!!! Wish I could give it an 8

StormKing33StormKing33over 4 years ago
5* Art Imitating Life

Wrong category but who cares? Strong emotional story about tragedies that were overcome. Write on!!!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
@A_Bierce

First, my apologies for missing the part where Connie read to Rose. Mea culpa.

I'm not sure how much of your Feedback was tongue-in-cheek, but I stand by my issues with the tip and the cop. Someone working alone on Christmas Eve just comped your order, common courtesy deserves a tip, manager or not. As for the cop, he KNEW her tire was questionable, miserable conditions, why not follow her for the relatively short distance?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Just a bit of advice

I was in foster care for 14 years. Nobody cared like you write. I mean nobody. I was abused....beaten molested tortured etc. I think you get the idea. Too bad nobody rescued me back then.

BearcatfozzyBearcatfozzyover 4 years ago
Your best yet

Loved it, never anticipated the path it would take with the adopted kids. I know too many foster kids have terrible situations, but I’ve actually met a few wonderful foster/adoptive parents that likely made the kids feel like they won the lottery

5 stars of course, well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Another Ethan Says Thank you

I was an 'Ethan' 40 years ago and I am grateful that I had a family with 2 other sons that are now my brothers. Don't ever think that good will occasionally come out of life in the system. The numbers are there because they are true. Its a shit show, but when people like my folks come along it makes the truth of a loving pair of parents even that much more of a miracle. Thanks to you for showing that people can be the miracle we need to see more of in the world.

prinnaveaprinnaveaover 4 years ago
Beautifully Done.

I just had a chance to read this wonderful story.

I pray some day I will be able to write half as good as you A-Bierce

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 4 years ago
More than just a ground-rule double

You nailed this. 5 stars.

Hooked

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623over 4 years ago
My God!!

You sir need to be writing professionally!! This would make a great book or movie even!! Please keep writing, I loved it!!

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyabout 4 years ago
Wow really good

Incredibly well written

tralan69ertralan69erabout 4 years ago
@Lickideesplit 11/27/19 Grinch Time

Read the epilog at the end of page 2, and your question will be answered.

Artie88Artie88about 4 years ago
A very generous 3 stars

Too contrived and silly for words to describe.

Love & marriage are an act of faith.... I get it.

Didn't need this drivel to know that though.

Original approach was welcome, though poorly executed.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 4 years ago

A solid, uplifting story. Also, quit unusual, since the Epilogue is almost as long as, and probably more significant than, the main portion. It might have worked better with more dialogue, and reorganizing the adoption process was part of the main story, and the Epilogue was only that Christmas 20 years later.

cybojicybojialmost 4 years ago
Oh my

That was wonderful. 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Tiresome plot device

I stopped reading when the wife mysteriously fell down the hill only to catch her ankle under the husband's car thus snapping her leg. This was her third accident of the night.

This author has a love for improbable coincidences of calamity. They seem to be part of each story he writes.

They are not entertaining or clever.

They are cheap and lazy pathos.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Accuracy

I gave 4*, it could be 5* because I really liked it, but I wonder if 20 years before the Christmas Eve at the end of the story, Prius hybrid cars ever existed !

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Why is this story in Loving Wives category?

etchiboyetchiboyabout 3 years ago
@Anony 6/03/20. You stopped reading some 25% through the book...

...read no more of it, and had the gall to write a critique?

Hell, if you’ve set your mind to not reading anymore, at least skip to the last 2-3 full paragraphs to see if the story was as predictable as you figured. You might be surprised it wasn’t, then go back where you left off. Sure, if the end is pretty much as you figure, stop reading. Then maybe you can say it’s a tired storyline. What? You read “Once upon a time...” Nah, I've read this before. Next story.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 3 years ago

GOAT. Really perfect. Thank you!

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensabout 3 years ago

Excellent! 5*

I really enjoyed your story. Thanks for sharing this!

Ocker53Ocker53almost 3 years ago

Excellent story, very moving, meant a little more to me coz I have an adopted son too⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Cito22Cito22almost 3 years ago

Absolutely brilliant and great story. Please more like this.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyalmost 3 years ago

Such a fantastic story! So wonderful. Thank-you!

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 2 years ago

Moving! As the grandfather to two adopted children who (twins) both arrived with attendant problems this is so real, heartbreaking and heartwarming. These special kids need special love and don’t always find it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A sweet story with the longest epilogue I've seen so far ;) 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful wonderful story. This is my third time reading the story. Definitely a 5 star 💫🌟💫🌟💫🌟💫🌟💫🌟

MikethebeefMikethebeefover 2 years ago

What a fantastic Christmas story with plenty of life lessons .. LOVE being the greatest gift of all .. first time reading a story where the epilogue was longer than the story

BillandKateBillandKateover 2 years ago

Wonderful - thank you. 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Beautiful story but probably should be in non-erotic category

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was such a beautiful story. I teared up.

AileyInnAileyInnover 2 years ago

Wonderful story. You made an old pervert cry…

Thanks for your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I only wish I read this for the first time just before Christmas. What a wonderful story and a gift by the author to all of us. Thank you.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 2 years ago

A very sweet story that really was well written, but why in the world is it in Loving Wives? Surely you know the "Loving Wives" thing is in this case satire and not about loving wives at all but rather about wives that cheat.

I gave you a 4 because of the wrong category. cd

cpl8140cpl8140about 2 years ago

Who cares what category this story was placed in? It is outstanding. 5*

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous