Hot Chocolate for Christmas Eve

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
A_Bierce
A_Bierce
533 Followers

— § —

Christmas Eve 20 years later

PAUL AND CONNIE sat on the couch before the fireplace with their cups of hot chocolate. There'd been quite a turnout again at Midnight Mass. Father Mike was right, changing the start time to 7:30 was a wise move. It was good that he lived long enough to see the results.

Connie never went back to work. Ethan got his AS degree in Automotive Technology from the local junior college and had a good job at the local GMC dealer. Rose finished the RN program at the same JC, then won a scholarship to go on for her BS in Nursing at the nearby state college. She was an ER nurse at the same hospital where Paul and Connie were patched up, and rumor had it that soon she might be promoted to Charge Nurse.

Both were looking forward to a wonderful Christmas Day. The kids and grandkids (two for Rose, one for Ethan) were coming for a mid-day Christmas dinner. Pies were baked, Santa's presents for the grandkids were wrapped and tucked away—no assembly required, thanks be to God. Connie put her cup down and lifted Paul's left arm to snuggle up; she saw him wince. "Shoulder bothering you tonight?"

"A little. Nothing hot chocolate and a little loving won't cure." Connie tried to wiggle even closer, then sighed.

"Sometimes I see God's grace when I look at Ethan and Rose."

"Me too. Who knew that terrible Christmas Eve would bring us such blessings?"

They finished their hot chocolate, turned off the Christmas lights, and went upstairs to give each other an early Christmas present.

— 30 —

A_Bierce
A_Bierce
533 Followers