House of Lies Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Talk to me love..."

"Donna came to the office today. She actually came in under an assumed name just to get to me. Talking about how 'We needed to talk." Sean explained. The headache behind his eyes growing sharper.

Kayla listened intently. Her knuckles blanching as her grip grew tighter around the receiver. After Sean paused to take a breath, she let out her own.

"Baby...I hate to say it. But, David called me only about 30 minutes ago. He was saying the same thing. That We needed to talk. Can I ask what day it was she wanted to meet up?"

"This Friday at..."

"Ruth Criss?!" Kayla completed.

"Yeah...wh..."

"That's the same place David wanted to meet up at. Oh Sean..I don't like this. What's the odds of BOTH our ex's wanting to meet up on the same day, at the same place..at the same..."

"Time?!" Sean sighed. This time it was his turn to complete his sister's thoughts.

"You're absolutely right. Something stinks in the State of Denmark. But, don't worry about it. Whatever it is...we'll tackle it like we always have...together. No matter what."

Kayla sniffed. Just the words from her beloved brother's lips melted her heart and made her feel safe. As abnormal as their relationship may be to others, she knew in her heart...she had made the best choice of who to give it to. "God...that makes me feel better just hearing you say that. Have I told you today that I love you?"

"No...not today. But then again...I think you just did. Owww...my head."

"Ok..two more bits of news, one bad, one good. I know you have a lot on your plate right now with everything we're talking about. But don't forget tonight is the kid's award ceremony. We promised to be there for these things. And somehow...I think Sydnee needs you there tonight. She's been...different lately."

Oh God...the fucking ceremony...Baby I don't.."

"Hush honey. You can, and you will. Besides...the second part of my news is that as your acting physician, I cannot in good conscious allow you to continue to work in your current condition. So you are going to get off this phone, tell your boss you don't feel well, and wait for me to come and pick you up so you can get some good loving and some sleep before the ceremony tonight. And that's an order...OK?!"

"Got it." Sean sighed. " You know...you can be a real ballbreaker there Ms. Laughlin."

"That's DR. LAUGHLIN to you buddy!!! I'll be there soon. Bye."

The high school auditorium was packed. The school's "Glee Club" volunteers, athletic underclassmen, and the custodial engineers (school janitors) had gone all out to transform the usually musty smelling, dank, empty space; into a sweet pine smelling, vibrant, ornate gathering space for the Athlete's Awards Ceremony. Under the watchful eyes of the head music teacher Mrs. Montague, the school was remade into a lovely establishment for lower class royalty. The table seating was perfect. In the dimness of the auditorium, Kayla and her daughter looked regal. Both dressed impeccably in near matching sequined nightgowns. Their beautiful ebony skin shining like diamonds in the lighting provided by the mini candles placed in the center of the tables. The men were not to be outdone. Dressed the same in matching black tuxedos with blue accents, Sean and Scott were Gods among men. If there was any distinction between them, was their countenance. Sean looked like a proud papa. A smile just begging to burst from ear to ear. Scott on the other hand...looked like a walking storm cloud.

"I am so proud of both of you." Sean beamed. "Even though you guys didn't win State Athlete of the Year, I think getting Mr. and Ms. H/M Prep Academic Athletes of the Year is well worth celebrating!"

Sitting behind her set of trophies, Sydnee's wide, white smile bloomed. Her ear-to-ear grin made her look three years younger. "Thanks Uncle Sean. That means a lot to me. I only wish my Dad were here. He's never here for these things. But you always are. I can't thank you enough."

Sean leaned back in his chair, hoping to get out of the light from the candle. Clearing his throat, he fought desperately to stop the tears from forming in his eyes.

"Yes guys. We are so VERY proud of you." Kayla reiterated. "Why Scott...has anyone told you how handsome you look today?"

"Thanks Aunt Kay." Came the sullen response.

Sean didn't miss the downtrodden mood of his son. He knew him well enough to know that something was SERIOUSLY wrong. At just that moment...a lightning strike of an idea came to his mind.

"Hey guys..." Sean began clapping a hand onto the young man's shoulder. "I have a supreme idea that should bring a smile to BOTH of your faces."

"Ooooo....what is it Uncle Sean?" Sydnee beamed from the chair next to her uncle.

"Yeah...I want to know too." Kayla replied, her eyebrows arcing through the ceiling.

"Sis...what was one thing that Mom and Dad never let us do?!" Sean asked with a sliver of mischief to his voice. " I figured...we really have some awesome kids: and since you and I have that THING this Friday....why not let the kids have a House Party!! Just as a way of showing them we love them, trust them and appreciate all the hard work that they have done up to this point. I mean...seriously: we talk to parents all the time and most of them either want to commit their kids...or throw them out a window."

Sydnee almost jumped out of her seat at the news. Leaning over, she wrapped her arms around Sean's neck and squeezed like a child on Christmas morning that has all the presents she asked for under it. "REALLY?!!! Thank you uncle Sean!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!" at just that moment, the music changed to a slow dance, inviting a gaggle of the throng to make their way to the makeshift dance floor. Sean's smile glowed. He was definitely proud of himself.

"Hey sis...mind if I take your beautiful daughter to the dance floor?"

Kayla smiled. Internally, she fought to keep from letting the tears flow. Her brother knew just the things to make her heart melt. "I don't think that a herd of wild stallions could stop you."

Sean stood up and looked at his beautiful niece. Reaching out his hand like a gentleman of old, Sean lifted Sydnee from her seat. Even in the dim light of the gym, the smile that came over her lips reached all the way around her head. Deep inside, she felt like skipping, as her uncle led her to the makeshift dance floor. Taking up his position, Sydnee marveled at the dichotomy in her uncle's touch. As he placed his hands on her body, she could feel the toned musculature hidden underneath his fitted tuxedo. Strong hands and arms that wrapped her in a cocoon of vice-like strength. However, for all the power in him, uncle Sean's touch was feather light. Electrical impulses coursed through her being. If this is what her mother felt when he touched her....Sydnee was beginning to understand how she might have succumbed to such a thing. Leaning in, she inhaled her uncle's aftershave and cologne. A mixture surely he only wore for special occasions as she had never smelt it before. But the concoction was doing wonders. It was strong and musky. Light and airy. Whatever it was...she only wished Scott could wear it so that...WHAT THE HELL?!!!! Why was she thinking of Scott at a time like THIS?!

"Sydnee...are you ok?!" Sean asked his niece as they began to sway to the dance floor.

Sydnee looked up. A bad choice. Just like his son, uncle Sean had eyes that inside made her melt. Damn, the more time she spent with her uncle, the more she began to understand why and HOW her mom could cross the line and get with her uncle.

"Uhhhh....YEAH uncle Sean." Sydnee stammered through her lie. "Just wish my Dad were here."

"I know sweetie and honestly I wish I were..." Sean stopped in his tracks. He didn't want to sound 'creepy' at this moment. "Just remember that I'm always here for you if you need me."

GOD DAMN HE WAS GOOD!!! Sydnee thought to herself. Her insides were doing back flips after that statement. Though she couldn't understand what Sean could have said that made him stop. No matter. She needed a reprieve. Anything to stop from looking directly into a pair of eyes that at that moment...were making her wetter than the rainy season in the Amazon. Pressing her head into his chest, Sydnee thought to quell the emotional and physical confusion that was happening to her.

Second bad mistake.

The moment brought her closer to her uncle. Through the material of his suit, she got a deeper whiff of his scent. Worse still, she felt the hard musculature of his body. The way his pecks flexed as he moved. The tops of his six pack abs rubbing against her breasts. Holy FUCK! There was no doubt left in her mind. Related or not...her uncle was a fucking HOTTY!!!

As the kin glided across the dance floor, a tiny gust of wind swept across the ground. Pushed by the industrial sized fans stationed in the open hallways to cool off the blast furnace that was the gym. Hitting Sydnee's ankle and traveling up her leg, under the hem of her dress, the intrusive gust of air made her damn near stumble, as the moist, clammy sensation of her damp panties sped up her spine. For God's sake...they were soaked. Things just couldn't get any worse...could they?!

Kayla watched with moist eyes as her brother danced closely with her daughter. She knew the deep, emotional feelings he had for the young lady. Several times as they lay in the bliss of their post-coital rendezvous, Sean had mentioned how he felt. His pride. His love, his admiration. Her thoughts raced to a comparison with David. While Sean turned heaven and earth to always be there for Sydnee...David could always be counted to on to be absent. Forever seeing to it that he had "other plans" or "obligations" to attend to whenever Sydnee had a time to shine.

As she continued watching the two-family members sway across the dance floor, her gaze passed by her nephew. He was slumped in his chair. For all his accomplishments sitting in front of him, and his obvious good looks, Scott looked like a condemned man about to be led to the gallows. Something was wrong with her favorite (and only nephew). And the thought of him being in pain, was starting to weigh heavily on her conscious.

"What's wrong baby?" Kayla asked softly.

"Huh....oh...nothing Aunt K." Scott replied. Almost sinking lower in his chair.

"You know...you are too much like your father. You're both TERRIBLE liars." Kayla chuckled. Her attempt at brevity in order not to scare him further in his shell.

Scott was quiet for several minutes as he watched his Dad and cousin spin.

"You know Scott, I might not be your real Mom...but you know you can talk to me about anything....right?!" Reaching across the empty space, she grasped his hand. A slight flinch occurred. Not sure whether it was surprise or not. But it was there. Followed shortly by a relaxation. The strong, young fingers flexing back. Accepting the healing touch. Good.

Sean lifted his gaze from the floor. Meeting his aunt's soft stare. A look of assurance. Kindness. Love.

"I'm just...just...just...thinking..." he stammered.

Kayla could feel him starting to pull back. Whatever it was that was on his mind, terrifying him back into himself.

"Come on." Kayla said rising to her feet. "Take an old woman dancing before the song changes."

"Ohhhh...come on Aunt K. You're not THAT old." Scott lamented as he stood. Kayla sashayed smoothly to the dance floor, her nephew in tow. Taking a position, she wrapped her arms around Scott's neck and began to sway with him. Almost immediately, Kayla was smitten with the same thoughts that had crossed her daughter's mind a thousand times before. She was looking up into the big body and handsome face...of a hottie!!! Kayla leaned in close and pressed the situation forward. If ever so carefully.

"You were saying?"

Scott took a deep breath. "I was just thinking..." he began. Looking around for a ram in the thicket to keep from admitting his real feelings about his cousin. How beautiful she was. How she made him feel. Honestly, he only wished that Aunt K and his Dad were screwing. At least then, he wouldn't feel like such a shit heel. Just then, Selena Gomez waltzed by in the arms of her cousin. With a sly smirk on her lips and a blink and you'll miss it wink of her eye, the two kin passed Scott and his Aunt by on the dance floor.

"Ahhhh...so that's the issue huh?" Kayla chuckled.

Scott's head snapped back into the present. Aunt K's smile was ear to ear. Like all men, Scott had been caught rubbernecking at the object of their desire by the most crafty of creatures God placed on the planet, a woman. He was caught red handed.

"Huh?" Scott responded in his dumbest tone.

Kayla had to stifle the belly laugh that was threatening to drown out the music over the loud speakers.

"Is that was has you so down about the mouth?" Kayla smiled. "I can see why. She's pretty. Latina..right?"

Scott's gaze fell to the floor. "Ye...yeah. That's Selena Gomez. I-I-I-I really like her. But I'm not so sure she even knows I'm alive." He lied.

"Hmmmm....somehow I don't think that's it. She must really have eyes for you, because she's looked back over here ever 3 seconds since she passed. Are you scared of the guy she's with?"

"Well, n..." Like a lightning bolt it struck Scott square between the eyes. He could use Selena as a way to throw his aunt off the scent while covering up the fact, his phone already had over 20 pictures of Selena in different stages of dress and positions, that SHE sent him.

"Yeah. A little. I guess. I don't know Aunt K...I just...I just can't find myself saying anything to her without tripping over my words. I just get so flustered. I want everything to be....I don't know...perfe.."

"AH!!!" Kayla stopped him in his tracks. "Don't go there with me Scott Laughlin. Don't you dare try to tell me you lack the confidence to talk to that girl! I don't know what it is with you Laughlin men that you lack so much in opening your mouths and saying what you feel. God, you are soooo your father's child!"

Kayla lifted her hand up to her nephew's face and caressed it softly. "Listen to me Scott...as a woman, I can tell you that you are one of the FINEST young men in this gym. You are so beautiful, talented, smart, and just an all around...great young man! You shouldn't fear telling any woman here how you feel about them. And as far as that big goofus she's with, I can also tell you, she's not as into him as you might think. Yeah, he's a big as the side of a semi truck. But from the way I have been watching the two of them dance together, a girl could almost think they were related. There's just no chemistry between them at all. So, if that's the girl that has your eye...well then...GO GET HER CHAMP! I bet if you put half as much effort in chasing that little Latin honey that you put on the tennis court, you would have a HAREM of girls in this school! Hell, I might even have to sue a few of your female teachers for "corrupting a minor." She winked.

Scott blew an inward sigh if relief. She had bought the ruse. Although Selena wasn't the true impetus of his woes, she was as good a distraction as any other. But deep in his heart, his psyche was conflicted. Because he HATED lying to his Aunt. She had been better than a mother to him. Always there with a kind word, a gentle caress, the biggest smile of approval at his accomplishments, and the biggest reason of all... the mother of the one girl that made his heart pitter-pat every time he saw her; Sydnee. A smile of contentedness began to curl at the corners of his lips, and just as quickly disappeared. His night just COULD'NT POSSIBLY get any worse. Out of the corner of his eye, his worst nightmare was coming together. Blake was cutting in on his father and cousin's dance. Sydnee lit up light a Christmas tree. Her tell-tale smile wrapping entirely around her head. Then it happened. As had so often before a big match, Scott's insides tumbled, twitched and bottomed out. The feint, acrid, taste of acid rocketed up to the back of his throat.

"Excuse me Aunt K...I don't...don't..."

Scott never finished. At a dead sprint, he shot across the gymnasium floor. Dodging slow dancers left and right like a well heeled tail back on the football team, rather than a practiced tennis star. He careened into the hallway, cartoonishly skidding on the polished floors before making his way to the nearest bathroom.

Kayla stood stock still and alone on the makeshift dance floor in utter bewilderment watching the scene play out. She was about to head to her seat when a wide, muscular, well-made tuxedo blocked her path and wrapped her in the tightest, lightest embrace. She looked up at the face and saw the most beautiful, tender smile. Immediately she felt the all too familiar wetness seep into her panties. FUCK! If only this man knew the hold he had on her.

"I can't very well have the most beautiful woman in this building...nay...this WORLD walk away from the dance floor alone before the last song has stopped can I?" Sean asked.

"Thank you, my handsome knight."Kayla cooed. Then all of a sudden her face changed. The lovely smile was replaced by a dark, ominous cloud over her otherwise flawless and beautiful features. "Sweetie...I think..."

"Yeah, I saw it love. Apparently you were right, and it's MUCH worse than we thought. No matter what happens, Friday is going to be the busiest day of our lives. If you're in agreement; I think it's high time we laid everything out on the table and watch the chips land where they may. From now on...the lies end. Friday...life truly begins."

Kayla only gave a slight nod before she closed her eyes, buried her face into the chest of the man she loved, and danced the rest of the night away.