House Ravenin - The Folded Path Pt. 03

Story Info
Pt. 3: The Storm Moon Feast.
45k words
4.89
3.3k
1

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/15/2023
Created 04/06/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Authors Note: This is the third and final part of the House Ravenin series. I hope you have enjoyed the journey of these characters; I have had a fun time writing them. All sexual activity is performed by those of 18+ age. Please do not copy any of the text for public usage without my permission.

This section includes cervical penetration; a fantasy sexual act that cannot be performed under normal circumstances. I welcome constructive feedback and comments.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 10

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My eyes snapped open as the balcony doors suddenly threw themselves wide, glass shattering as a storm-cursed wind threw covers, pillows, and papers all over the room. The sky outside churned like a swiftly-stirred cauldron, full of ashy blacks and sodden grays. The growling sound of horrendous thunder was a deafening din that shook the air around me.

I swung my feet out of the bed and raised a hand, feebly blocking the wind coming sideways at me. Storm light flickered maddeningly, throwing shadows in every direction across the glossy floors and walls. Pushing up against the wind I shoved my way out onto the balcony, rain soaking my skin within an instant.

Gorgeous moonlight beamed down onto me as I stood out in the crazy storm, the clouds turning the sky darker and more intense outside the radiant glow. I watched as the whipping wind and the pelting rain claimed all that they touched, looking up into the face of a solid moon staring down at me from within a funnel of towering clouds.

I was in the eye of the storm, leaving everything else to be storm-tossed into the winds.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I awoke with a start and quickly sat up in bed. Sunlight was beginning to crest on the horizon, washing the glass yellow against the outside of the balcony doors. I blinked and looked around, seeking anything of the dream I just had. I discovered no wind, pools of rain, lightning, or thunder.

There was only quiet and peace surrounding me, a strange sensation compared to what I'd just witnessed. Still there wasn't going to be any sleeping after that, not with the potent dream still powerfully humming in my mind. The portent promised interest in the days to come.

I turned and didn't find Lenu in her normal place, leaving no indication that she'd even come to bed. That meant she must have worked all night with Alasia and Xia. The conclusion left me hoping that they didn't fall asleep in the den. It wasn't the most comfortable room to take a nap in.

I rose and took a short bath then got dressed in my normal attire, taking a small breakfast in the atrium. With still no sign of Xia, Alasia, or Lenu, I asked a passing servant about them. From my inquiry I was given a letter. I opened and read it, the flowing script of Xia revealing itself.

Master,

The ladies and I had a long night and an early morning. There was much business to be done in a small amount of time, a task which left us quite tired but well for the work we did. Give us the morning and noon to right ourselves, then we will bring a detailed list of our exploits to your attention. You will not be disappointed; far from it. No greater work could have been done. Lady Lenu did house and family proud.

Until then, you have the half-day to yourself. I've instructed the servants to prepare the house and residence for the Storm Moon Feast, with those wanting to stay or leave given direction and blessings for the duration. We received word from Miris this morning. He should arrive at the turn of the evening, along with the house guard and miners. They were successful.

I would suggest taking the half-day, Master, to find stability and peace. The Storm Moon Feast promises to be intense, so might I suggest that you visit your old and new Masters before it begins? I think they would be pleased to see you, especially the former. Offer them peace and they will return it, I have no doubt. The house will stand tall for half a day, time for yourself that you are desperately needing.

We will see you at the turn of the evening.

Peace and well-wishes,

Your Xanadria

Well, then, not much to say after that. It seemed that I was being dismissed for half a day. I grabbed a pen and quickly wrote down my response on the back of the note I was given. I named the three of them wondrous women, blessings and hopes that they slept well and rose ready to enjoy the feast. I handed it to a servant, along with direction that it be placed in Lady Xia's hands when she had awoken.

Then, I went and checked on them. Lenu was sound asleep in the guest room she previously occupied, softly snoring. Alasia was in her room, out cold and peaceful. Xia was mumbling in her sleep when I checked on her, a smile crossing her face before drifting back into dreamland.

Finally, I looked into Atarah's room. I found it pitch dark with no light at all. The bed furs were rumpled and the bathroom recently used, meaning more than a few hours had past. I hummed gently and cast the room in a soft orange light, then left the estate on horseback.

If I had half a day, I knew where I was going.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kadatan was in the midst of prepping for the incoming storm when I arrived. Boards and nails had been brought to windows to create barricades, while crates and debris were being cleaned up and packed away. Work wares and flags were brought indoors as the town was being neatly tidied up and battened down, many brooms and work hands preparing it for prolonged exposure to stormy winds and rain.

I left my horse outside the western gate and bowed to the attendant there, taking my time as I walked through the center of town. Few people looked up from their work to pay me any mind, but those that did bowed in deference and received a gesture returned in kind. It was a leisurely stroll in a purposeful direction, letting my mind peacefully wander until my feet stopped at the round door with the star in the middle.

I knocked four times then turned to look at the numerous people moving around. I was genuinely interested to watch the town people prepare, the entire community lifting and packing while they talked pleasantly amongst themselves.

There was very little in the way of haughtiness or contempt as they worked. Businessmen and merchants, beggars and thieves, they all mattered to everyone else no matter what their role was. They existed, necessarily and peacefully upon each other. It was a kind thing to see it all come together.

The round door clicked and I stepped inside, pushing the door closed behind me. I saw a single chair upon a blue and black rug, paired with another rug of red and white next to it. The soft rugs were completely covered with the twisting bodies of snake scales, short candles of the same colors slowly burning on the table next to it.

I sat down and removed my shoes, standing up afterwards and pushing through the beads into the room with the stage. Two sets of colored candles burned along the front edge, two smooth bowls in the platform wood with two circular curtains now behind it.

I kneeled and straddled the small gap between the two colored rugs laid on the sand, one knee on each. Then I proceeded to roll my sleeves to the elbows and raise my hands above my head in a bowl, patiently waiting to be received.

As I lowered my eyes I felt the sand shift and rise like a bubble beneath me, watching as two distinct movements, one from beneath each rug, slithered off behind me. A thousand sand grains rustled as they rose and fell in a soft, infinite rhythm. Two distinct rattles, one smooth and the other soft, seamlessly joined into a gentle din, making the sound seductively layered and gentle.

"Master Ravenin," came Queen Ke-Lin's voice, whisper smooth and regal.

"Queen Ke-Lin," I responded. "An honor and pleasure to be in your presence, as always."

"To what do I owe this pleasure?" Queen Ke-Lin asked, tones singularly female.

"My Queen, I have come to offer my well-being and peace," I said. "In our last attendance I displayed hesitance in wearing the Master of Keys mantle. I wanted to offer tranquility in that I have made peace with it through many wondrous talks and insights, offered both by my Pillars and those I have found within myself. Also, it would come as no surprise that the race of elementals, Nenis by their ancient tongue, have been discovered and are slowly being welcomed after their long sleep."

"Nenis, you say?" Queen Ke-Lin hummed, her voice joined by a gentle rattle. "An ancient name, this is. Great trust they gave to find sleep and protection, concealing themselves amongst honored Houses named friends to guard them."

.

A small rattle of question came forth from Ke-Lin. "Master Ravenin, how will they be received?"

"My Queen, one from the Ignia clan has entreated with House Ravenin to have his siblings peacefully awoken. They have been offered hospitality within my House until they find proper place in the world once more," I said. "Some are finding themselves under compulsion to be furiously awakened, their rousting able to cause significant upheaval if not properly tended to. Steps have been taken to find and peacefully awaken them, though there are foreseeable events that will transpire which will cause destruction. Bluntly, they are being incited by an outside force and used as weapons during this violent awakening. Our efforts are being received well. We hope to have them recovered and protected with minimal difficulty."

A long, slow rattle filled with deep contemplation echoed in the wake of my words. A soft rattle followed as an understanding was reached. "Very well, Master Ravenin. Your words are heard and accepted. Continuance and blessings upon you, your House, and your Path."

Silence permeated from Ke-Lin as a gentle dismissal was issued. However when I didn't move, hands still raised and eyes downward, her rattle sharply snapped before fading off into stoned quiet. "Is there something else, Master Ravenin?"

"My Queen, I have a personal request," I said. Ke-Lin's regal rattle returned to display a gentle acquiescence, becoming a request for my request. "May I speak with Master Yu-Yina?"

"For what purpose?" Queen Ke-Lin gently asked. "A new Master has been named to you, Master Ravenin, along with a new Path that is well-walked by your current endeavors and stature."

"I am honored, my Queen, yet my request is not for me," I said. "I have come as the people to serve, in this regard, to Yu-Yina."

A second rattle, this one warmly subdued, joined the soft din of Queen Ke-Lin's. It was Yu-Yina's without a shred of doubt. I'd know her sound anywhere. It was welcoming and kind as it paired with Queen Ke-Lin's voice. "To what end, Master Ravenin?"

I took a small breath, hesitant and hopeful in turns, and when I spoke it was to Yu-Yina.

"My wondrous Master, once my own to cherish and honor with service," I began as I lowered my head to the sand, hands raised awkwardly yet honorably. "I wish to tell you I am well and firmly on my Path now, purposefully striding forward with sharp focus."

I swallowed and let my emotion flood my eyes. "Master Yu-Yina, in our time together I wanted nothing else other than to serve you with the greatest honors and respects. Your presence in my life has been a treasured experience, leaving me a better man and Master due to your tutelage and care. I am today, Master Yu-Yina, blessed to have had you wrapped around my arms and heart."

"Master Yu-Yina, our bond was so special to me. If you are in pain or sorrow over the loss of our connection, then I am here to offer my love and peace as a balm to heal it. I, too, was at a loss, felt the anger and lonesome sadness when you were thought lost to me. I would not have you grieve, or be sad, alone."

"I am truly well, Master Yu-Yina," I said, my voice gently cracking. "I wash this sand in my tears with thanks for your steady presence in my life. Whatever service I can offer you in this regard you have only to ask and it will be done, as with all things you could ever request of me."

"My peace is yours, Master Yu-Yina, kindly given to me and returned in kind to you. Thank you, for everything." Large tears welled in my eyes. "You are not alone, dear Master. If you wish it, I am here for you."

A pair of soft rattles echoed through the room. The sound radiated off the smooth wood and perfectly seamed cobble, making each individual sand grain peacefully vibrate. The sand shifted back and to my left as sudden footsteps impressed into the grains, walking around to stand in front of me. Suddenly there was pressure near my face, a pair of knees now near my ears.

Long fingers lowered my hands then lifted my face up from the sand, the touch so soft and caring. A gentle wave of sadness washed over me, a sensation of peace following that encompassed and tucked the sadness away. Four hands found my cheeks as a smooth forehead was placed against my own, soft caresses and kindness finding my ears as warm breath brushed against my nose.

"Master Ravenin," hummed Yu-Yina, her voice wholly female and gentle like the sea.

She wrapped all four arms around my back and pulled me close, placing her head against my shoulder and allowing a small whimper to come forth. Sobs from my own eyes fell as I wrapped my arms around Master Yu-Yina's human form, holding my once-ago Master close. It was the kind of tears, big and small, that healed like soft rain and gentle sun. They were filled with the kind of honor and peace that, given time, could heal any wound with tenderness and understanding.

"Thank you," Yu-Yina tranquilly whispered, her voice filled with best kind of happiness for the worst kind of sadness.

All the time I had of my own was given, never a blessed second wasted in the offering and receiving. There was only peace, permeating and holding close between us, for as long as we both needed it.

Xia had been right. This was the only step that made sense. It was perfect, slow, and lasted until nightfall. There was never a half-day better spent.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sky was dark and thick with clouds as I returned to the estate, cool winds brushing against my back that almost felt like it was urging me home quicker. Miris was outside the front door when I arrived, a broad smile on his face.

I dismounted my horse and gave Miris a huge hug, a gesture returned in kind. He was cleanly dressed in black slacks, a white button up shirt with short sleeves half to the elbows, and a brown silk vest patched with icons of service and honors given.

"Miris, I'm glad you returned safely," I said, politely drawing back from him. "You look well and prepared for the festivities."

"Assuredly, Master. Ignia was able to peacefully awaken his siblings with minimal difficulties. A good thing, too. Although disorientated, having Ignia there greatly smoothed their transition," Miris hummed, nodding in thankfulness. "The Nenis were offered hospitality while they prepare to re-enter the world, which was accepted with Ignia's blessing."

"The siblings are intrigued and would very much like to meet you at your earliest convenience," Miris added. "They've chosen a more human form and will be joining us for the Storm Moon feast. Lady Lenu has requested to see you first, though. She awaits you in the den."

"Thank you, Miris," I said. "I'm glad it all went well."

"As am I, Master. Ignia was very pleased that House Ravenin was so open to assisting with so little to gain," continued Miris. "I gleaned a sense of pride and peace when he talked. He was impressed that he could be contained by you during his awakening phase, and that no punishment was given for his upheaval. We spoke at length about responsibilities, the old ways of respect and honor, and the peace that we had been building together in House Ravenin. He spoke fondly of the history of families long before, and something tells me he may request something of you soon. I won't speak it, lest it be jinxed."

"Fair enough, Miris." I smiled, placing a warm hand on his shoulder. "Thank you for your service. I am honored to have you a part of this house and family."

"My honor and privilege to serve, Master," Miris replied, placing a hand on my shoulder in return and squeezing it. "Best we get inside now. Everyone is waiting on you."

I nodded in understanding as Miris and I entered the house, the foyer warm and smelling delightfully of vanilla and lavender. Lanterns had been lit and hung in places of candles for safety reasons from the incoming storm. As I approached the den door I noticed it was already slightly cracked, pushing it open and stepping inside.

Lenu was standing slightly bent over the front right corner of desk when I entered, white-blonde hair artistically done up and pinned with silver chopsticks. The white dress she wore was the color of smooth cream, two wide straps holding it behind her neck exposing her shoulders and arms. The fabric flowed snugly down her lithe form to just a few inches below her waist, showing an expansive amount of glowing tan leg. Heels with a few inches on them made her look tall, lean, and elegant, no further adornments or glitters other than the ring in the style her father wore.

With no artificial colors or seasonings Lenu was perfect in all ways, drawing my immediate admiration. Like she felt my gaze on her Lenu smiled and looked up, white-gold eyes bright and clear.

"Master Ravenin, a pleasure to see you," Lenu hummed, respectfully bowing. "I'm glad you've returned safely. Please, come see."

I made the short walk across the room to the desk, Lenu continuing to smile brightly as she placed a hand on my shoulder. On the surface was a short stack of documents written in a firm, unshaking hand. Intoned with definitive authority, there was no doubt that it was what they had been working on the night previous.

The first document on top was a statement of facts, a list of what was discovered and what had transpired, along with what would happen so they could stay focused on their goal. It spoke of the symbol that was on the tabard, depicting that it wasn't only one symbol but rather three independent symbols merged into one. The moons, the bridge, and the swords were three distinctive houses melded into one organization; the mercenary army.

The two crescent moons facing each other were of an old elven house which controlled many of the law creators and enforcers; House Ciav, high family of Illunais. With their diplomatic brunt, dishonorable laws could be passed and greedy allowances could be made. Dignified heads could be made to look the other way allowing mercenaries to gather and raid, along with peaceful accords blocked in favor of the old ways given their leave.

The second symbol, the vine-covered bridge, was the marking of a lower mixed house. It had been making in-roads into extending trade and services between lands, regardless of noble stature or house reputation. It was the crest of House Quirar, a corrupt supplier most notably known for making sales of wartime weapons then selling the bandages in the aftermath.

The third part of the symbol, the double swords vertically pointed downward, was an old human house regarded for their cunning land purchases and seizures. In the separation of symbols I recognized its owner, House Gour. They were one of the more respected families and estates, having a commanding control over Crissone and the surrounding areas before it was sacked.