Housing A Dragon

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You want to write something?" she asked. He nodded.

Keri went to her purse and pulled out a small writing pad and pen. She held the pad steady for him and he tried to write with his awkward right hand. He finished and looked at her. Keri looked at the pad. "How bad am I?"

"You're pretty messed up," she replied. "You've got a concussion, broken shoulder, ribs, and two breaks in the arm, plus a bruised lung. All in all, you're very lucky."

Zeke nodded and sighed. He motioned for the pad again and wrote some more. Keri looked at the pad and smiled. "I love you, Keri."

He dropped the pen and reached for her hand. He squeezed it briefly before slipping into a light sleep again. "I love you, too," Keri whispered in his ear as he drifted off.

* * * * *

When Zeke woke again, Keri slipped out of the room so that Cathy and his parents, Joe and Emma, could visit with him privately. Although they wanted her to stay, she thought she might be intruding. She really didn't mind and was happy they were there for him. Keri knew she would want her family nearby should something like this happen to her. They had been very nice to her, especially Cathy, and thanked her constantly for calling them and being with Zeke when they couldn't.

After only a token protest from Keri, it was decided she would share a room with Cathy instead of driving back to Dayton. She only agreed to it because she was exhausted and knew for sure she would fall asleep at the wheel before she got home.

"Besides," Cathy said out of her parents' hearing, "Zeke's assured me you're not a lesbian, so I think I'm safe."

If Keri hadn't been so tired, she probably would have laughed out loud, but she did manage a small chuckle. "So," Keri asked, "how much has he told you?"

"More than you'd want me to know," Cathy answered with a twinkle in her eye.

Before she turned in, she phoned her law office and left a message explaining the circumstances on her bosses' answering machine. She hoped the firm would understand. Some were Dragons season ticket holders like herself, she noted, so maybe they would remember him. Before falling asleep, she wondered if she should contact someone from the Lookouts or the Reds and let them know what was happening. It was something she would discuss with Zeke, she figured. With that, she fell into a restless, dream-filled sleep.

* * * * *

Zeke was a little more alert and animated the next day, but he also was in more pain than he cared to admit. He didn't want to appear weak or be a baby about it, even though he could barely tolerate the pain at times. Instead, he put up a brave front and dealt with it.

Keri called her office again and they were fine with her absence, but they asked for her to be in the office on Monday to help them prepare for a case. She said she would and decided she could visit him in the evenings. It really wasn't that bad of a drive for her and she didn't want to go a day without seeing him.

Cathy, Joe, and Emma got to know Keri better as the weekend passed. Just by the way Keri and Zeke acted around each other, Cathy knew they were serious. In her own mind, Emma wondered if she had just met her future daughter-in-law and tried to picture it. She liked Keri and thought she was good for her son, who never seemed to settle down with anyone.

By Sunday evening, Zeke was out of danger and would be taken off the ventilator soon. His side and back were still tender and his arm and shoulder ached constantly, but otherwise, he was in pretty good shape. Although he was growing more proficient in writing with his right hand, he really wanted to be able to speak. At times, he grew frustrated about his predicament, but his family and Keri were there to lend their support. Keri discussed her thoughts about calling the Reds about his accident, and Zeke agreed that they needed to know.

Zeke's family flew back to Arkansas Sunday evening and hoped to make it back the following weekend. After Joe and Emma said their good-bye, Cathy hung back momentarily, allowing them to be alone for a minute before she left.

Cathy kissed him on his cheek and let her mouth linger by his ear. "You better hold onto Keri. She's the best thing that's ever happened to you. Understand?"

Zeke nodded and smiled as best he could. He gave her the "okay" sign with his hand.

"You take care of yourself," she warned him. "The next time I see you, you better be up and around or I'll break that other arm!"

Zeke smiled even more and squeezed her hand tight. She always knew what he needed to hear.

Keri drove them to the airport and helped them get situated for their flight. Keri and Cathy talked quietly and made arrangements for Keri to keep them posted on Zeke's health for the coming week.

"You know," Cathy said, "Zeke's never been very good at picking out girlfriends, but I've never seen him as happy and excited as he's been with you this summer. He's called me many times and it's always "Keri this and Keri that". I'm very glad he found you and I hope it works out."

"Well, we'll have to see," Keri replied shyly.

"He's crazy about you," Cathy added.

"I'm crazy about him, too."

"He says you're just plain crazy," Cathy laughed.

"He's very perceptive. I would never argue that."

Soon, they left and were on their way back to Hot Springs. Keri's drive back to Dayton seemed long and boring to her, but she was excited to have seen the improvement Zeke had made over the past two days. One thing worried her, though. She didn't know much about the science of pitching and the muscles and strength needed to throw a baseball ninety miles per hour, so she worried about Zeke's future. A pitching arm that was broken in two places, not to mention a broken shoulder, was nothing to sneeze at. She wondered if his arm and shoulder would ever return to their former strength. The doctors said he would be fine, but she suspected they were only talking in general terms. He would need an orthopaedic specialist to determine when or if he would ever pitch again. And she didn't know how he would react if he couldn't.

* * * * *

The next few days went by slowly for Zeke as he got bored of doing nothing but sleeping, watching TV, and lying around. Sure, they had him sitting up in bed for periods of time, and that was a real joy, he thought sarcastically, if burning pain throughout your upper body was your idea of fun, then he wanted no part of it. But, he knew there was going to be a lot more pain than pleasure in the next few weeks and months, so there was no reason to start bitching about it now. He was sad to see his family leave, but he understood. There were still four other mouths to feed at home and both of their incomes were needed. He sensed their reluctance to leave, but they seemed reassured in the fact that Keri would be with him.

Keri. What would he have done without her? He always looked forward to seeing her when she waltzed through his door every evening after work with a smile on her face and a kiss for a greeting. After her visits, his right hand would ache from all the writing he did. He couldn't wait to get that damned tube out of his throat so he could talk to her normally....and kiss her. He missed that so much.

Friday morning, the doctors felt he had improved enough to have the tube removed and have him taken off the ventilator, and then placed in a regular room. His throat was sore and raw and he found breathing difficult and painful, plus, he could barely speak above a whisper. He didn't realize how much help the ventilator had been for him. With the help of physical therapists, he was assisted to his feet and helped to walk a short distance to a chair. He never felt so weak in his life and thought he had run a marathon. He was then given a breathing treatment and he discovered a new way of being tortured. After that was finished, he was assisted in giving himself a bath and a hair washing. He was then put back to bed where he slept until lunch time.

When Keri arrived at her normal six-thirty, she panicked when she didn't see him in intensive care, but she soon found him. She was surprised to see him sitting up with no breathing apparatus assisting him. When she got closer to kiss him, he whispered, "Hey gorgeous, I love you."

Tears of joy sprang from her eyes as she leaned over and kissed him full on the lips for the first time in what seemed like years. He held her close with his good arm and wouldn't let her go, enjoying what he missed the most during their separation. "That's the best medicine I could ever have," he remarked when he finally let her go. Keri brushed her eyes as she straightened, a broad smile was pasted across her face, showing him how happy she was. Although it was difficult for him to speak, he told her about his day and all the things that happened to him.

"That's the first step," she said. "You're going to get stronger everyday now."

"I know," he said. "I can't wait to get out of here."

Keri bit her lip lightly and waited a second before speaking again. "Have you heard from the Reds, yet?"

"No, but I'm not too worried about it. The doctors here told me they inquired about medical charts and x-rays, so they're checking into it."

Keri wasn't sure what to think. She thought someone would stop by and see him, but she didn't know their procedures and protocols when something like this happened. Representatives from the Dragons had already visited him and the manager from the Lookouts said he was going to drive up and see him.

Keri stayed a little later than usual since he was feeling better and had more stamina. His family was going to start early the next morning and drive straight through and stay through Sunday afternoon. Keri offered her apartment for them to use, but they would have none of that. Although they were very appreciative of her offer, they felt it was too much of an inconvenience for her. Instead, they booked a hotel room for a night.

As it got near nine o'clock, Zeke started to drift off even though he fought against it. Keri knew it was time to go and let him rest, but she wanted to stay in the worst way and be near him. Her head won the battle over her heart this time and she kissed him good-bye before he fell asleep for good. She pressed her body against his good side and hugged him. She felt comforted and felt as if things were taking a turn for the good. She too, couldn't wait for him to be strong enough to be released and back home with her. It would be wonderful to have him home and in her bed once again.

With her job and the events of the past week, Keri hadn't given a thought until then of anything sexual between them. But then, she realized how much she did miss making love to him and feeling that special closeness it brought. But, she also realized it might be quite a while before he would be up to any type of sexual activity with her. And with that broken arm and shoulder, it may take some time before he would have enough strength to support himself. Of course, she was never shy about being on top and he seemed to like it, too.

Zeke held her close and wished he wasn't so tired. He never liked for her to leave and wished there was a way to have a bed put in his room for her, just to have her near him. His hand rubbed her back lightly before it slid down and gently squeezed her butt.

"You're feeling much better, I can see that," she laughed.

"I wish I could do more," he whispered.

"You will, baby, you will," Keri said. "And when you do, I'll make sure it's the best time of your life."

* * * * *

By the end of the following week, Zeke improved dramatically. His ribs were healing and his other injuries were mending nicely, too. As much as the breathing treatments hurt, he could tell his lungs were clearer and stronger and his stamina was improving as well. During mid-week, however, he went through a mini-depression and started to feel sorry for himself. The Reds' director of their minor leagues came to visit and talked with him for about an hour and it was a good talk. The visit from the Reds' team doctor, however, didn't go as well. He had seen the x-rays and couldn't give Zeke a definite answer as to whether or not he would pitch professionally again.

"Time will only tell," he said. "It all depends upon whether your shoulder and arm heal and gain their natural strength back," he explained. "Neither of the breaks in your arm were clean. They were spiraled. The shoulder had a bad break, as well. The doctors here did a good job putting them back in place, but you never know. I've seen it where a pitcher made a full recovery and didn't miss a beat, but I've also seen where the arm and shoulder didn't respond that well. I don't want to give you false hope, Zeke. It's much too early to tell where you'll be six or nine months from now."

Keri tried to cheer him, but she could tell it would take more than just a few jokes to get him through this. All she could do was lend her support and let him know she was there for him. She couldn't pretend to know what was going through his mind and what he was feeling. She didn't know what it was like for an athlete to become injured and perhaps have his career ended. Keri tried to get him to talk about and help her understand, but he didn't want to discuss it. Keri knew he had his degree and he could fall back on that should his career be over, but she also knew how much he loved to play, how much he loved the competition, and she knew he'd have a hard time accepting defeat.

By Thursday, he was in better spirits when she visited. He knew his stay was getting closer to the end and he was getting antsy. He walked the halls and attacked the breathing treatments with a vengeance. He was on a mission now, a mission to get out of the hospital and begin a new path on his road to recovery. The Reds wanted him to begin a rehabilitation program once he was released and he was looking forward to it. His arm would be in a cast for another few weeks, but there were some exercises he could begin to start the process. He had been in contact with his insurance company and all the paperwork had been completed in order for him to get another car. The money given him wasn't as much as he had hoped, but it wasn't bad and he was sure he could find a good car for that price. He only had a small amount left to pay on his destroyed car and the insurance would take care of that, too.

Driving down I-75, Keri pressed her legs together. Her sexual energy was in high gear that day, so much so that she couldn't help but play with herself after she woke until she came to an exploding climax. She, too, noticed Zeke's rapid improvement and knew he would soon be home with her. Perhaps her orgasm was so good that morning because her thoughts were entirely of him and fantasizing about him being inside her. Keri shivered at the thought and resisted putting her hand underneath her skirt.

With a flirtatious grin plastered on her face, Keri greeted Zeke with a long, sensuous kiss that lasted quite a while. "What was that for?" he asked when he got his breath back.

"Nothing," she replied. "Can't a girl show her boyfriend how much she loves him and needs him?"

"I think every girl should show her boyfriend that," he laughed. More seriously, he said, "I really miss kissing you like that. I miss other things, too."

"Like what?"

"You know."

"Tell me."

Zeke was quiet for a few seconds. "I miss loving you," he said softly. "I miss touching you and fooling around."

"Keep going," Keri said as she began to feel the tingles invade her. Him talking like that was starting to get her juices flowing.

"I miss playing with your breasts..."

"And..."

"...and burying my mouth between your sweet thighs."

"Oh my," Keri purred. She leaned forward and began kissing him again. She glanced down and saw an unfamiliar rise in the sheets between his legs. Smiling to herself, she slipped her hand under the covers and began toying with him, lightly pulling in his erection as small groans escaped him.

"If you keep that up, I'm going to make a mess." His breathing was becoming more and more ragged.

"No, you won't," she replied. Keri moved away from him and went to the wall switch where she dimmed the lights. She then removed the door stop and let the door swing shut naturally. She ducked into his bathroom for a second and checked herself under her skirt having already discarded her panties in the parking garage. She was soaked and she smiled.

Keri returned to his bedside and saw a bemused expression etched upon Zeke's face. He had no idea what she had in mind, but he had a feeling he was about to find out.

"I think it's about time you had some fun in this room," Keri purred. She pushed aside the covers and found his penis, still very erect and firm. Once again, she began to playfully masturbate him with her hand, slowly moving it up and down his shaft until she could see a pool of pre-cum form at the tip. While her hand was busy, she was kissing him hard and sensuously. Groans were escaping his lips and she knew he wasn't going to last too long if she kept up that pace. She eased off and began to massage his firm testicles, tenderly rubbing them. When she felt the time was right, she brought the chair to the edge of the bed and knelt on it. She leaned over the railing and began to delicately lick his juices off of his tip. Zeke groaned loudly as it had taken him by surprise. Her mouth felt wonderful there. She had never done this to him before and he loved it.

Keri took his hand and guided him under her skirt. "Feel me," she said.

Keri spread her legs a little and felt his hand touch her. Zeke felt her slickness and was amazed. He couldn't remember her being this wet before. His thumb and forefinger found her clit and began rolling it gently between them. Keri shivered and moaned as her mouth enveloped his penis. It was but seconds later when Zeke tensed, and from past experience, she knew he was about to let loose. Zeke tried to stifle his groans as much as possible, but the strength of his orgasm made that difficult. Rope after rope of his sticky, warm sperm hit the back of Keri's throat as she gamely tried to swallow as much as possible.

As he neared his finish, Zeke continued his assault on Keri's wet vagina. He pressed one finger, then two into her and started to move them in and out. By this time, she didn't care that it wasn't his hard penis in her, she only knew that what he was doing was feeling great and he was about to send her into orbit.

Her chest was braced against the railing and her hand clamped over her mouth as spasm after spasm assaulted her with intense pleasure. Even through her hand and clenched teeth, muffled squeals of delight could be heard. As his fingers continued to stroke her inside, her other hand was rubbing her clit to give her even more satisfaction.

After they finished, she moved the chair to the head of the bed. She knelt once again and rested her head against his shoulder. "I really needed that," she murmured. "Thank you." Keri sighed, contented. She was still in the midst of a very satisfying afterglow.

"It should be me thanking you," he replied. "I never expected that." As she promised, he hadn't made a mess as she got every drop of him and savored it. She liked the way he tasted and couldn't wait to do it again.

"Just wait until I get you home," she giggled. "I won't be able to get enough of you."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

* * * * *

It would be another week before he was released form the hospital, twenty-two days from the time of the accident. The bulky cast originally placed on his arm and shoulder was replaced with a smaller, lighter version, which made it easier for him to get dressed and do other basic things. The ride back to Dayton and walking up the two floors to her apartment was exhausting for him, and it came as no surprise when he merely flopped onto his bed and fell asleep for a few hours.

1...456789