How About Them Apples?

Story Info
A phone call between dad and adult daughter has a twist.
1.8k words
4.59
65.6k
81

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 05/22/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ttt59
ttt59
1,161 Followers

There is no overt sex in this story, only mentioned between two folks on the phone call.

Phone conversation:

Mike Reynolds; 52-year-old dad

Sally Reynolds-Patterson; 29-year-old married daughter

"Hello Sally."

"Hi Daddy, how are you?"

"Fine Sal, what can I do for you?"

(Miffed at his abrupt manner) "OK, happy to get to the point. Jim and I hope you're coming to Emily's birthday party this weekend. Your granddaughter turns four on Sunday."

"I know how old she will be Sunday Sal."

"Well, since you haven't bothered to see her in two years, I wasn't sure."

"Not my choice Sal."

"You know you can come by anytime."

"You know why I don't."

"Really, do we need to rehash this? You're acting like the four-year-old. Mom had a fling with a younger man, dad. It happens. When will you get over it?"

"Not upset with you about that or blaming you, Sal."

"Dad, are you really going to sacrifice your relationship with Emily over your foolish pride?"

"No, not pride, honesty. As we've discussed, your mother cheated over a year before I found out. You knew for six months she was fucking her much younger teaching assistant and you denied being aware. When you finally admitted you knew, you told me it was my fault she was in his bed. Your exact words were, 'Dad, mom needs somebody who will treat her special, someone who will bring romance back into her life, a man who meets her needs.'"

"No need for crude language father!"

"No need for honesty either I guess."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Sal, do WE really need to have THIS conversation again? Why don't you enjoy your daughter's birthday Sunday but stop trying to get me to exonerate your mother or you."

"No, I want to know! What do you mean honesty isn't important?"

(Sighing) "Sal, before you were born and became the final authority on right and wrong, I loved your mother. I worked harder than any guy or gal in my department, but I was always home by 6 PM and never worked weekends. I bought her the flowers she loves, provided a home she decorated as she desired, paid our bills on time, and took her on mystery weekend getaways three times a year, just because I wanted to be with her and remind her how special she was to me. Even after you came along, I never stopped romancing my wife. When I became CEO, I kept the same schedule and always treated your mom and our marriage as my number one priority."

"Beyond that, I never missed making a birthday or anniversary special for her. I'd become successful and was proud I made, what I thought was a good life for us. Then one day I discovered she had taken a lover and made me an unknowing cuckold. When I confronted her, she acted like it was my fault. She was very clear she needed more than I could provide. She wanted to feel 'young again' and Billy boy made her feel that way. No shame, apology, or sadness for breaking my heart, just telling me to get over it and when her fling was finished, we'd be just fine."

"None of that was your fault. As you recall, I never put you in the middle, never brought up the details with you. I was crushed but didn't want you to bear any of that burden. It was you, at the ripe old age of 26 who told me I was being immature and selfish. You told me you'd known about it for six months and didn't see it as a problem. If mom needed it, then I should be OK with it."

"For your part, you never admitted lying to me. You never apologized for keeping me in the dark for months. You saw nothing wrong with helping your mom dupe me. Your love was never impartial."

"As it turned out, I married a self-centered cheater who loved fucking her boy-toy more than being my wife. And, by the way, fucking isn't crude, it is accurate. She admitted it was the sex that kept her going back. She had no serious feelings for him, but she loved the way he sexually rocked her world. She thought I should be 'understanding of her needs.' My job, according to her, was to keep paying the bills, allow her to maintain her standard of living, guard her good reputation in the community AND be happy with sloppy seconds."

"I know you didn't learn to accept a person lying to your face from me. Nor did you learn dishonesty from me. I didn't bring you up to callously disregard the emotions of those closest to you. And I sure as hell didn't teach you to accept being treated with cruelty. Your mom broke her vows and expected immunity from me for her actions. She must have taken a pill that turns you stupid to think I'd do that."

"So, I wept and mourned the loss of our love and divorced her. I then gave you the chance to accept my decision, just as you accepted your mother's. You declined. I didn't ask you to pick sides, just be empathetic with my feelings, and respect me as your father. You told me she was right, and I was wrong. I calmly asked you to consider both side with fairness, but you'd already made your choice."

"I don't come around Sal, not because I don't want to see my granddaughter, but because I refuse to let you or anyone else make me feel less than who I am. I won't lay down for anyone Sal, not your mom, not Billy boy and not you. I won't sacrifice my self-respect for anyone, because if I lose that, I lose everything. I won't be intentionally lied to and pretend it is OK. That's the answer I gave you then and it is still my answer now."

"Daddy, I want my daughter to have grandparents, all four, not three! Why can't you do this for me?"

"Still ignoring the facts and thinking only of yourself Sal, and that's the pity. I just told you how heartbroken I was and all you can say is I need to give more, because you want it. You sound exactly like your mother."

"I just think it would be nice to have you back as part of the family."

"I never left my family Sal, my family left me. Sally, there something else you're not saying. I can hear it in your voice. Do you want to tell me what's really on your mind?"

(Quiet for a few seconds)

"Mom wants to see you. I think she wants to mend fences."

"Why now Sal? What's happened?"

"Mom is sick. She's not doing well, and she needs her husband."

"What does she have? Is it something serious?"

"Does it matter daddy?"

"If it doesn't matter, why not just tell me?"

"Because I don't think you'll understand."

"Try me."

(Sighing) "Ok dad, mom has an STD and while it isn't life-threatening, it is serious. It is going to take her several months to recover. She won't be able to work for a while and she needs you by her side, to help her get through this. She and I hope you will forgive her for what you think she did wrong and welcome her back into your life."

"I thought she and Billy boy weren't fucking anymore. How did she get an STD?"

"Daddy!"

"OK, fine, I'll play nice for a moment. If she isn't WITH William anymore what happened?"

"She was still seeing William until two months ago. When she started feeling poorly, she went to her doctor. The test results came back positive for STD's. William was clean, so he knew it wasn't from him. I guess his luster had faded and mom began seeing someone else. Someone who wasn't honest with her and didn't tell her about the risks. William found out and sent mom packing. She's all alone daddy!"

"Your mom was lied to huh? Kind of a goose and gander thing wouldn't you say?"

"Dad, please..."

"So, Billy boy didn't have the moral fiber to not bed a married woman, but when she cheated on him, he was indignant? Why didn't he forgive and forget? Have you called him as well? I guess he didn't like being on the receiving end of a lie anymore than me. How about that twist of fate?"

"Will you come over dad? Will you set aside your grievances just this one time?"

"Does Jim know you're calling me and what you're suggesting?"

"Yes."

"What does he think about it?"

"Why do you need to know?"

"Humor me."

"He said there was no way on God's green earth you'd listen to me and come over Sunday. He thought I was foolish for trying."

"Anything else?"

"Not that I recall."

"Well, my dear daughter, brace yourself. Your husband hasn't been completely forthcoming with you. Jim and I talk on occasion. We even have a beer about once a month. He's nervous the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and is concerned you're following in your mother's footsteps. Apparently, you've been getting cozy with some guy named Josh, a dad with a kid in Em's preschool. You know, the tall blond man you serve with on the "end of the year picnic committee". A couple of the moms who will remain nameless have reached out to Jim and alerted him to your behavior. One of them suggested she has definitive proof the two of you have shared far more than committee time together."

"I have no idea why he called me for input on this. I am batting 0.00 when it comes to keeping a faithful wife. However, I advised him to confront you after we finished this chat. I know he's sitting in the kitchen waiting for you to hang up. I know Emily is at your in-laws for the night so the two of you can sort some things out. The reason I know is because we agreed on what I'd say when you called and how he'd follow up."

"So, no, Sal. I won't be there Sunday and I'm not going to provide a soft-landing for my unfaithful, lying ex-wife. But I'm going to offer you a piece of advice, because, while you probably don't believe this, I love you. I want you to have a good life with an amazing man and Jim is that amazing man. No Billy boy type will ever make you, your mom or any woman truly happy. Only genuine love can do this and even then, it isn't a sure thing. I suggest you take very serious look in the mirror quickly and then go apologize to your husband. Pray he will find it in his heart to forgive you and stay married to you. If he doesn't, you may be the one getting invited to drop in on your daughter's birthday party next year."

"Good night, Sally, good luck" .... Click

Sally Reynolds-Patterson lowered her cell phone. Turning, she saw Jim sitting at the kitchen table with a very stern look on his face.

"Sally, we need to talk"...

ttt59
ttt59
1,161 Followers