All Comments on 'How High a Price: Counterfeit'

by DoctorWyldcard

Sort by:
  • 193 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
At least a real man writer

BRAVO...BRAVO...BRAVO

Good job man...make the same ends to others stories written by some idiot wimps...and i will be the first one that read it and love it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Interesting

Obviously this is an entirely different approach than most of the attempts to complete the story.

I enjoyed it.

cageyteecageyteeabout 17 years ago
This is the second time I've read your take on

someone else's story and I enjoyed them both very much. I now have a new project. I'll be reading your stuff on the plane for the next few business trips. Thanks for the time, talent and effort you put into writing stories to entertain us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
sorta too silly, really

not even worth much ranting against,,,,,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
loved it!

good job!give us more as time permits.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
i keep thinking...

...she's supposed to be a Lawyer? she wants to be a Partner? i think she's too stupid to be one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
a bit much

it is a good story, but it is all a bit much to believe. not totally impossible, but.....

first of all there is the confrontations - she is a lawyer and yet she said nothing? no explanation?

then there is a whole lack of explanation why she lied and didn't tell him before about the events. she is supposed to be a strong woman? it just doesn't satisfy.

another thing is her willingness to quit her job. huh? the partnership she "worked so hard for"?

the problem is there is a divorce between her character as written and as acted/voiced, and a third disjoint with her work.

Average-JoeAverage-Joeabout 17 years ago
Better than I thought possible

I didnt think it was possible to make an ending with Susan as an innocent but you did it as well as possible given the content of the original. It was still pretty silly and far-fetched, but you've got to work with the tools given you. I wouldnt have come up with this as a possible explanation but it does fit somewhat. Its still a square peg in round hole (because the original didnt have much/any room for misinterpretation imo), but you pounded the hell out of the peg to get it in the hole and relatively flush. Nice job and thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Enjoyed It!

Thnx Doc, enjoyed your ending very much!!

wetapapwetapapabout 17 years ago
all things considered

i feel limited in what i can personally say. Thank you for the honorable mention, but beyond the assist in the concept, it is your story. it was well written and i enjoyed the development as an alternative to the original. keep up the good work and i remain, a fan always.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
It's all bullshit

What about the phone call...remember all about being in the bed all alone...You write something please remember the details. You didn't and your story is flat.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Good Story!

You met The Troubador's challenge but Susan still seems stupid to lie for such a silly reason. I mean there is no indication in the original story that Earl was this jealous insecure jerk who would have a problem with her attending a dinner party with a co-worker. In order for Susan to be considered for a partnership she had to have had previous experience traveling on business which includes social events. _______________________________________________

Susan says "I guess I wanted to prove that I could do anything. Prove that I didn't need you or John or anyone, I could do everything myself. I wanted to be the leader. But in reality I was just being a child. I knew that you wouldn't have a problem but I didn't want you to have the opportunity to tell me no." This statement makes no sense since John or Earl or anyone else was responsible for the simple task (joining John on this meet and greet trip). ________________________________________________________

But hey people do stupid things and Susan owned up to her actions. Therefore, the story works.

___________________________________________________________

SleeplessinMD

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 17 years ago
This is why Dr Wyldcard is One of my Favorites

within the patheic confines of the story set up by very over rated writer -- Troubador -- this version / sequel story works really really well. Bravo... original realistic and somwhat plausable.

........................................................

I say somewhat b/c the original story as posed by Troubador can ONLY lead to 1 conclusion.

..................................................

In your version you dont explain why her car was over at Strickner's house.... but this part made it very good..................................................

"Susan what would you have done if Thursday when I asked about the lonely bed, after you answered me I had said 'yes it is lonely here Susan…just like it's been since I came home'?".................................

===================================================

Brillant question.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
the story by dr.wyldcard is good,but not right

she admitted to adultery in the first story.that why people couldn't understand the writer confusion.this story by the dr. is different from the orginal.

romaq7705romaq7705about 17 years ago
why was susan's car at john's house?

hi doc! long time no see. welcome back! given the facts of the original story, this is a good take showing susan's innocence. early chose not to argue susan's "evidence"- faith is proof of things not seen.

but one thing still leaves me uncomfortable. why was susan's car parked at john's house? susan is a last minute sub to jenn. she said she went home to pack, john got her a room and used jenn's ticket to dc.

why is her car in john's house? wouldn't it had been more logical for her to go straight to the airport and meet john there? or maybe john picking her up at her house and driving together to the airport? john has packed for the trip while susan hasn't. if i were early, that would be my next question.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Troll nit picking again!

What's all the fuss about where Susan's car was bloody-well parked. Whare Susan and John's houses where located in relationship to the airport is not explained in the story. Therefore it is safe to assume, that as Early - who was not exactly a dumb-arse - did not pick p on the point, that John's house is much closer to the airport than Susan's. So it is logical that Susan would leave her car at his house to save the parking charges.

I do assume here that airport parking is as much of a rip-off in the States, as it is in my neck of the woods. But whatever, no one wants to pay to park their car in a car park, when they can leave securely in someone else's drive. There we are, a stupid question answered!

I enjoyed this version of the tale. I read stories for the enjoyment that they can give me; not to look for the most mindless things I can find criticise. I really would like to see just one of these Trolls write a story themselves, that is as flawless as they claim stories should be.

DC (Yeah, I'm back in the land of the living.)

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 17 years ago
Very Plausible Explanation

Interesting that Early had to get the truth from the potential nemisis, one (in all of the other versions totally evil) John Strickner. This was a good twist to the story. As to why Susan lied, who knows, but people do screw up. Well written sequel. (Agreeing with Harry twice in two days - very scary).

ohioohioabout 17 years ago
A nice try

All credit is due to Dr W for trying the impossible, but it's still the impossible. This is nicely done, though Susan does seem awfully stupid.

But the bigger problem is that the original story (despite Troubador's claims to the contrary) leaves no way out. I just re-read it: Early and Susan have a lengthy conversation in which he accuses her of cheating, of cuckolding him. She repeatedly insists it had nothing to do with him, but NEVER in any way denies the accusation, or even acts surprised at being accused. Her responses make absolutely no sense if she hadn't cheated. There simply isn't any way out, given the original story.

Anyone who disagrees: please, prove me wrong!

ohio

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Nope

<p>Look, it's imaginative and pretty well written except for some troubling grammar and punctuation errors that should have been caught in the editing phase. But, to me, it doesn't extend the actual plot in the original story; it creates a new story rather than providing an ending.</p>

<p>What the Doc is trying to do fails the plausibility test right at the beginning. What Doc has done in this ending is an attempt to explain Susan’s lack of explanation of what “truly” went on by saying, “…he (Early)…was so insistent and I couldn't get the words out…" </p>

<p>I’m sorry, but Susan wasn’t having any trouble getting some words out in the original story. Consider this exchange from original. </p>

<p><i>"Early, I love you! This had nothing to do with you, with us.</i> </p>

<p>“<i>How can your cheating on me, cuckolding me, not have a thing to do with us?" </i></p>

<p><i>"It was something I felt I had to do, Early. I was trying to repay John for what he had done for me. It had nothing to do with the way I feel toward you, with my love for you!" </i></p>

<p> As you can see, when given the perfect opportunity to refute Early’s accusation Susan has cuckolded him, she replies only that it was something she had to do to repay John, but there’s no inability to find words. In fact, her mental processes are acute enough to find some explanations to give Early a variation on the “it was just sex” theme and try to deflect Early’s concern. </p>

<p>I’m sorry, but Doc’s attempt to turn the story back into a safe area where no one did anything wrong and all’s right with the world just isn’t going to cut it. DoctorWyldcard didn’t retain the integrity of The Troubador’s initial story which was set up to ask “Can one get past the betrayal of an infidelity?” Good marks for technical merit, but low ones for continuity.</p>

<p>Ron123XYZ@foreveranonymous.naturally</p>

PhilipinNorcalPhilipinNorcalabout 17 years ago
Doc, a valiant effort...

but your are simply trying to push water uphill. Just can't be done. Regardless of "The Troubador's" assertion (and I respect him mightily) that a plausible explanation for 'Susan's's behavior exists other than cheating, it just ain't so. Meaning no offense to the commenter who postulated that her car being parked at 'John Stickner's' was an effort to save on parking lot fees is laughable. She's a lawyer, for heaven's sake. Anyone who's married knows that one of the cardinal rules is to always inform one's spouse of one's whereabouts so that said spouse doesn't worry unnecessarily. Her reasoning for not doing so just doesn't fly. Her lying in the original story about where she was spending the night speaks for itself. As "Ohio" mentioned, when confronted with accusations of infidelity in the original story (and there is not doubt as to what was the 'it' to which both husband and wife referred), 'Susan' offered no denial. For an attorney to be "speechless" at any time, much less at one such as this, is take a leap of faith greater than the width of the Grand Canyon. Her continued insistence that 'it' was something she owed 'Stickner' bespoke more than just accompanying him to a dinner away. "Doc," you made a truly noble effort, perhaps the best so far, but providing circumstances that would exonerate 'Susan' presents a conundrum with no solution.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 17 years ago
OHIO IS 100000% CORRECT

Oho and the other anon poster "NOPE" are both 100% corrct. some one else tried to come up with an explanation and in the feedback Troubador INSISTED that is was Possible to explain...... to which at the time I pointed that that troudbador most be a fucking idiot... EARLY directly accusses her of cheating... and she fully acknowledged it. Saying "IT" -- the cheating and her actions--- had nothingto do with

"US" as a married couple is NOT denial. Troubador's pathetic argument / suggestion ONLY works if EARLY never says or asks or accuses SUSAN directly... which is NOT how the original story goes

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
From a "kill 'em all Troll"

Hey guys, he was asked to write a story where the wife did NOT cheat, he had to control over the original story and what was said, he did an outstanding job at it with the set up he was given. Nit picking because everything didn't fit perfectly with the original story is a waste of time. Doc did an excellent job. And I'm one of what you guys usually call a "troll" in your forums.......I prefer brutally honest. But I don't mind troll, we hide under bridges and kick ass......I just hope supporting Doc doesn't get my "Troll" certification revoked.

Kanga40Kanga40about 17 years ago
Sorry...

this goose didn't fly for me.

Despite what Troubador thinks he wrote in the original, Susan admits to cheating and tries to blow it off as having nothing to do with her love for Early.

No credible reason was given in this story for her lying about being home, despite several paragraphs of waffle attempting to do so.

Also, it was a fright to read! POV changed at a whim, time and place changed with no indication, and the end was so messy I still don't understand it and I'm not interested enough to read it again to find out.

Your three other LW stories were far better than this one. Unfortunately, here you attempted the impossible and failed.

Also, you desparately needed an editor with this one, the set out and continuity was woeful.

That said, I await your next story, but don't try one with a miracle redemption, try for some credibility.

DeadWouldDeadWouldabout 17 years ago
Dr, do you think women are really that stupid?

If you are going to take up a challenge to finish some other story, you CANNOT blythely change the original to suit your required outcome. Read Philipin Norcal's post - I won't repeat his reasoning.

How can you disregard the original dialogue? Makes all you wrote meaningless when you want to make wholesale changes to the words already spoken.

And, really, could anyone as stupid as you paint Susan be a lawyer? I think not.

Her supposed reasons were a feeble attempt to make the story suit your purpose.

And, as Kanga said, it was so disjointed as to be almost impossible to read and know where you were in place and time. Next time run your story past someone who will read it and tell you what it really is like. It's useless giving it to someone who will merely tell you how great it is. You will end up with a mess like this.

TiggerTooTiggerTooabout 17 years ago
Fine job

The original painted Susan into a corner but your resolution was as good as it gets. BTW, John could have been married with his wife being out of town attending to an ill child and needing an escort. People do the stupid things Susan did all the time. There wouldn't be any plots otherwise. There'd only be one story with different character names.

You did a great job. Thanks.

Phil

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusabout 17 years ago
Coiunterfeit?

What was the counterfeit in this story? Who made a copy of what with the intent to defraud? It could only be Susan. Somehow Jennifer and John were complicit in the whole thing and there really was an affair, perhaps a threesome. Susan is still a liar even if she never did the deed with JS. Early has much to fear living with a wife he cannot even know, much less trust.

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 17 years ago
A different twist

Interesting take on the conclusion to Troubador's classic. A Strickner who isn't evil and a Susan who isn't a cheater. Kudos, Doc, for a tale well-told.

DesertPirateDesertPirateabout 17 years ago
Nice try!

Take on an almost impossible challenge and do it, well done! I did like the twist at the end with placing "blame". It's not that Susan is stupid as Ohio claims, she just came close to OD'ing on pride and ego. That's my take if anyone cares.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
I cannot buy into your story...

...because it doesn't make sense. First, John did NOT need another warm body to make an appearance with him in DC, not if he's all Susan cracked him up to be. Second, Jennifer needed Susan more than John did if she was that ill. You're defying logic and common sense here. Third, if all he needed was a warm body to support his visit, he could have gone to "Rent a Bod" from an escort service, but then Jennifer would have been rankled by that. No, Early was lied to and probably cuckolded by both John and Susan. Nice try but no cigar.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Message for Alvaron53!

It is always interesting to see your critic of various authors like "Winterfrog and others" [usually negative comments that occasionally make sense]. However, you have never had the guts to create and post anything on this site and thus in turn show us your "superiority" at story & character development. Seems like those who scream the loudest [like yourself] have no balls to offer your own work. Why is that? Your self-appointed position as a supreme critic gets old and stale. Please go to your nearest glory hole and get an attitude adjustment, for everyone's benefit. In other words, get a life.

David

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
A nice story. Still think Susan is just a slut.

But you wrote a good story. Only place for a slut is as trash in a gutter but you know I'm not god so until husbands grow up and stop being little boys in long pants, the sluts will continue to sex the other guys. Of course, hubby probably has his favorite slut who is someone else's wife. Gotta remember cept for gays every cheating guy has to have a girl. Never was able to figure out how more guys than girls cheat, leaving out pures lezs to, unless a few few girls are having all the good times.

bornagainbornagainabout 17 years ago
Susan the wife

DoctorWyldcard I think you need an editor that can spell Susan was a woman that wanted to prove to her husband and everyone around her that she can be an independant thinker and wife that didnt need Early to tell her what to do and with John being around her so much and all those women saying nice things to her and all the wine and dinning got to her head and Early thinking so much about him self well you get the picture.

Pat.

Atlanta,Ga

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 17 years ago
Very good

This is a very good explanation of what occured but Susan is still a little iffy in her thinking. But still an excellent story. And it all ends happily!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Interesting

Creditable attempt on your part to conclude the Troubador's story. The real villian is the Troubador himself. There is nothing wrong in allowing the reader to complete the story in his own mind. But most readers on this site want/need a completed ending. The Troubador is acting like a provocateur inciting readers and fellow writers to finish his story. Next time, he should do it himself.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
You are a very good writer

But why did you write this?

romaq7705romaq7705about 17 years ago
to anon to kernow

man you're stupid!! what part of the story says the airport is near the airport? did you read the original story, dumgass?

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 17 years ago
A new story, loosely based on the original

Good effort. Good, but no cigar. At this point, it seems that it has become part of “the culture” in this section of Lit, Namely: let’s give it a try, Let’s see who will find the six mistakes in the least timeto this effort!*****Fine, As long as it’s done in the spirit of good humor, assuming that it’s done “for the sport” of allowing the readers to catch the missing logical links. *****

In that spirit let me go through the main faults.

1. Its one thing to solve a mystery by tightly adhering to all the details of the story and solve it in what could be equivalent to the last chapter of a good detective story. It’s a whole new ball game to reshuffle the story, adding a full sub plot and complicate the narrative with the characters traveling and meeting more characters in additional places – why not add a compendium of every thing else that happened in “The Great Gutsby”?

Don’t get me wrong. I liked your new two stories, even if you chose to narrate them back ward from the middle to the beginning than back to the end. And it did remind me in some ways of Troubadour’s story. But that’s as far as it goes. But one thing you can’t say. It is not a commentary on Troubadour’s story. *****

2. Even if you stuck with all other aspects of your story to the details to the original. There is one tiny fact which sticks like a sore thumb, never to be explained. When early accuses his wife of cheating, she is shook and upset. But it is not true that she is dumb struck. She does speak. She takes great care to speak in what seems to be carefully crafted and cryptic language (one of the reasons I did not care too much for the original). The “It” repeats itself and a lot of repetitions of half denials. What about a simple: ‘Early, I am confused and shook right now, but one thing you should know right now: I never cheated on you: With anyone!’ Or “I never cheated on you” (I counted five words)*****

3. Even with the entire elaborate story they came up with AND WITH THE PHOTO, it proves exactly nothing. She still had ample opportunity to do give her boss the real favor and for all we know they are just better if much more sinister liars. *****

4. With her very unconvincing explanations for lying in your story. Why lie for not doing anything wrong? But even worse, with lack of ANY explanation – at the time of the confrontation (see point #2) to Early’s heart broken accusation/ question, the structure you built is a nice but hardly relevant.

zed0zed0about 17 years ago
Lame

Obviously she lied to keep her options open, just in case John wants a (another?) fuck without having to deal with husbands or girlfriends. Poor Early has been cuckolded by more than any other character I can remember, by a variety of authors. By my last count he wimps out about three quarters of the time, but I'm not sure if this counts as a wimp out, or just a wimp in progress.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Nice Take

Wyldcard, I've been trying to come up with a answer to the Troub challenge too, and its hard going. I applaud your effort. When you are trying to address the issues left by another author and keep you characters true to the tone previously set, its a hard job. In this case, coming up with a rationale to explain the absense is the easy part, the tough part is addressing Susan's behavior once she is confronted. You explanation is as good as any I've seen.

Anyway, good job!

gyjunkiegyjunkieabout 17 years ago
What?

I have enjoyed your other stories but this one truly disappointed me. I hope the next attempt will be up to your higher standards.

It is obvious that this story does not come close to following the original story. SHE CONFESSED TO CHEATING. There is no way that you can pick up the story from the end of the original and change that fact.

The only way that this story could be changed to a non-cheating story, is to pick up the story from the time she returned home. This would be before any admission of cheating and therefore she would be able to attempt to give an explanation for her lies and ill-advised behavior.

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 17 years ago
Nice try and well done

I cannot buy this change of what was presented by both in the original story. Too much is forgotten on what they said to each other when she came home.

Thanks for your effort.

PT

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
first the first story was fucked up about susan

susan was a cheat and you can't change that.now the problem is find a way too get her hubby to except susan cheating.

bornagainbornagainalmost 17 years ago
A better ending

I liked this ending but Early should have kicked the crap out of Stickner for the hell of it for taking Susan on that trip and not telling him she was going with him.

Pat

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Good Job

I enjoyed this a great deal. It did, of course, change the entire storyline, but being a somewhat hopeless romantic, I enjoyed it. On the other hand, compared with many of the others and their stilted dialogue and use of cliches, it also portrayed how easy it is for our egos to rationlize dumb and damaging behaviour. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
creative license?

it was not true to the starting point, as i recall it. the other comments noted and my recollection, she ADMITTED her adultery. and she was giving john something for the help she gave him, WHERE A NICE PEN WAS NOT ENOUGH. reinventing the charactes and changing the underlying premise has its limits.

gyjunkiegyjunkieover 15 years ago
Doesn't match the original

If you were going to do an ending for a previous story, it is important to follow the storyline. Did you even bother to read the original to the end? She admitted to cheating. You also changed the personalities of the characters. Sorry, your attempt at ending this story was a disappointment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
As stated you went back and changed the original

story to come up with this fantasy. For every answer there are many variations that can be spun. This isnt a good one.

BallsOfSteelBallsOfSteelalmost 15 years ago
A worthy effort

Hmmm, I think Susan never admitted explicitly to fucking John in the original story so your version of the next chapter works in theory. Then again, all her crying and emotional outbursts left little doubt that Susan had in fact been a lying, cheating, piece of shit whore. It's hard to imagine a plausible way to make this all just one big misunderstanding, but you did well.

Orionman17Orionman17about 14 years ago
I liked it a lot1 Plausible and Understandible

Thank you for a great read! Please write again!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Missing the point

This would be a fine alternate universe but it does not fit with the discussion in the original.

0649d0649dover 13 years ago
It is acknowledged here that she made a false confession... like prisoners being interrogated

so it isn't missing the point! Of course, Troubador writes mostly about cheating spouses, but an open ended story allows this kind of ending! I think it is a pretty good story, and these kind of things DO happen, where the spouse who wants to do something independently from the controlling and dominating spouse! Note that I am not saying Early was a bad husband, or that Susan was not fault for doing this.

These kind of things do happen. It's like when you are a teenager - and don't tell your parents where you will be until you are there or even what you are doing until you've done it. You go to the nightclub, go with the intention of coming back safe and sound, and then reveal you did it - just to prove you're reliable. You buy a bike and ride it home, and reveal, just to prove you're safety-minded!

And sure, lastly, it is possible to make a false confession. Women cry a lot and get very easily emotional and blub a lot without making much sense in what they are saying. Take another example. When you are very angry, can you talk? Often I would bet 'no'! Rage makes speech very hard. Whenever I try, I often make huge grammatical mistakes and don't make any sense to anyone even though I know what I mean and what I was trying to say. This kind of thing is what I am assuming Susan went through. Thank you Doctor*!

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
I just not sure that any of the rewriters get it...

It's all about trust and honesty in a relationship. She lied, he caught her and she lied again. No way can a marriage make it without trust and mutual respect.

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
Great story

Nicely write a nice change from the many BTB's

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Well, the reality is that she DID lie "big time."

Susan did destroy the trust. Maybe (maybe) she didn't cheat-but she certainly did destroy the trust in the marriage. Best ending would for them to have gone their separately ways.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 13 years ago
Good try

I have to agree with Ohio...the way the first story read, there was no way out. He would have had to just accept what she had done or leave her. That was why it was left open ended for someone else to try and figure a way out. I have heard many times now that the worst part of any story is figuring out the end... The critics will tear you up no matter how you end it. This story is different. He did not end the original, nor did any of the others. Great job though...

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
Cute! I rated it 5*****.

Not all that probable since it is likely that John invited her to DC hoping to fuck Susan and Susan accepted because she was ovulation and excited for the opportunity that she and John might fuck. And, renting two rooms is no hindrance and the smart thing to do since Susan was introduced as a co-worker. In any event, renting two rooms provided enough doubt for plausible deniability. If Susan was ovulating, a DNA test might show that John is the biological father of Jennifer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Actually, not that great.

Just not that great. And the use of Bold Face words was extremely distracting. She did lie..so how can you believe she didn't cheat?

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 12 years ago
Very different approach -

That story got a lot of attention and a lot of different endings- this one is only the seconds that had an ultimately "innocent" ending for the actual activity.

Nicely though out and creative -

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWmoroncuck rated it 5*

which goes to show how brain dead that asshole is - high score from that shitbird is the kiss of death. People don't tell elaborate potentially marriage ending lies to a spouse like Early and expect the marriage to survive. Well written story but stretched the parameters of the original story by drastically changing the core nature of Early.

saratusaratuover 12 years ago
Keep on writing

I'm not shure how I feel about the story itself.

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
DIFFERENT ENDINGS

for different others. TK U MLJ LV NV

chytownchytownabout 12 years ago
Good Read!!!

Thanks for sharing this different and very enjoyable story.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
WELL

Considering all the versions I've read so far, I only have one thing to say:

I STILL DON"T TRUST HER

HA HA HA HA HA

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Judas

the beefy cock is smoked, the cornhole buggered, betrayed!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
not buying this one

sorry dude - like your other ones though.

gyjunkiegyjunkieover 11 years ago
Sorry, this is a piece of crap.

If you are going to write a follow-up to another person's story, at least follow what was written. SHE CHEATED in the original story. She admitted it. If you were going to change that, you would have had to change the original story. Your's made no sense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Calling it a piece of "crap" is too kind.

Title says it all.

karan9876karan9876over 11 years ago
"CUCK ALERT"

CUCK ALERT! TRUSTING HER IS A BIG MISTAKE.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Thank you Karan9876

I, like yor good self, enjoy these cuck stories very much and I wouldn't have seen it without your thumbs up. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Yeah, sorry attempt to rewrite a cluck story...

If you can't stick to the original premise, don't write. She cheated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Bad follow up

If you are expanding on anothers' story then keep the original premise and maybe find an alternative solution, but NEVER change the whole body to use the characters someone else birthed to fabricate a different universe.

Did not like this rendering and believe your readers can find other authors who followed the original story line and pieced together a delightful, thoughtful different ending.

Dennis

RhomanovRhomanovabout 11 years ago
I'd say something but...

It has been forever since you posted.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
WHY

She cheated, She is a scum sucking bottom feeding lawyer. He is a cuck and the little shiter and pisser is not his. Hey Doc. don`t write anymore of this shit.

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
I liked the story

The ending was a little lame but not bad. I didn't know that this was based on another story. Guess I need to find and read it.

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 10 years ago
Now that I've read the original

I still like this story but the Doc had to jump through some major hoops to make this a non-cheating story.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 10 years ago
Dog Don't Hunt

When you have to do the literary equivalent of rolling seven 10 times in a row to get the conclusion you want the story doesn't make it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

It is a welcome change that the story didn't finish with the wife cheating.

You more than met your friend's challenge.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Aitch'em says:

**: too mushy!

IronDragonIronDragonabout 10 years ago
Ok...

God knows, I'm not one of the "super-realists" who demand exact realism in everything I read. That said, this one was so far out of left field, it actually made me laugh at the explanation for each different event.

After reading Troubadour's original, however, this tale was the ONLY way that Susan would not have cheated. Troubadour threw down a gauntlet for someone to do the impossible. Congratulations, Mr. Phelps. You will not be disavowed today. LOL

5 Stars. Cleverly done, sir.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3about 10 years ago
Gag

This is like someone writing a sequel to Gone With The Wind and ignoring the Civil War and pretending Rhett Butler was just a friend.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

Regardless of what all those 'grumps' have to say, I enjoyed this yarn!! Thank-you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
veni vidi vici

5 stars does not do this justice , truly remarkable take on this story.

i've been trying to come up with a version that was non sexual ,

bad judgement, innocent or at least plausible , and have failed abysmally.

i have been hopeless at finding a way to rationalise

susans talk about the " lonely big empty bed "

no matter which angle i try to approach, the phone conversations just keep on tripping me up , its like a cork stuck in a bottle & the only way to remove it is by smashing the bottle ,

i salute you

for removing that cork so gently & expertly .

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
nope

not a solution,

or a conclusion.

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
A good ending....

A really good ending...

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
too farfetched, unless........

John was going to couples only dinners, where he could not show up without a "date"?

Even if his fiancee had the flu?

What sort of people are they, that they would not make allowance for that?

The only sort of social gathering where they are so rigid about couples only is swingers clubs.

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
Tried to give it a 2, but the system recorded a 5.

Didn't care for the characters as you developed them. She was shallow and he was desperate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
not believel

Really not believed. Susan bald face lied to Early. Is this the first time the last or the 100th time she has lied to him.Why lie and say you are home why not tell the truth. Something stinks and I think it is Susan. Ron. Texas. cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Yep, a 1*

Shallow

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Regardless of all the negative comments, I liked it!!

Pappy7Pappy7about 9 years ago
Good treatment

of a very unlikable woman. And I can live with that. Sometimes we forget that the little things to us can be a high mountain to our spouses. I don't like this Susan any better than I have liked any of the others, but she is after all, a lawyer. They lie so much it's second nature to them. She will be willfull again and she will need watching always. She thinks that what's good for Susan is good for the USA.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Not a reason to divorce, but

it would be very hard to trust her again. I think they had sex on the trip.

Tim413413Tim413413about 9 years ago
I liked it, too.

I suspect some readers had problems with this version because they've read so many other versions in which Susan cheated. Much more realistic (Especially for a character as smart as Susan.) than "I spent a couple of nights fucking John to thank him for his help on the big case."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Tim

Funny you should say that, it's how I felt and thats before I read your comment.

This isn't enough to kick her to the curb except by the most absolute BTB's out there.(Im BTB light) meaning if a truly solid case like in Visiting Richard Gronier I can live with reconciliation. I like Ohios ARI as well

I think she should have had more fear of perhaps it could end in divorce,because lying and going on a date when you are in a committed relationship is serious.

She should have refused at least until she talked it over with Early and gave him the reasons.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

very good job. Five stars.

foolscapfoolscapalmost 9 years ago
no hanging

just disdain. she still lied and deceived and then justified it. the writing was ok but the characters were only skin deep. good for a porn site though

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfealmost 9 years ago
Liars Can't Be Trusted!

She lied to Early repeatedly.

When confronted she admitted lying.

Nothing in what John or Susan said proved they were not having sex at the end of the day!

Re: Jennifer, getting friends/associates to cover for a cheater is a time honored tradition!

Trust broken leaves EVERYTHING open to question!

So why would Early believe she didn't fuck John?

That's my take and yes I'm a total hard ass when it comes to being lied to.

Morgan DeWolfe

fifteen16fifteen16over 8 years ago
Good

Good story but not an ending to Troubador's story, this is a good story about telling needless lies and helping a friend leading to a misunderstanding. Troubador's story established she had two nights of sex with John. I enjoyed the read but as a different story.

up11pendragonup11pendragonover 8 years ago
Confusion

Some confusion with transitions make the story difficult to follow (for me, anyway.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
W TF

She fucking lied...end of story...trust is a fragile currency.

Besides nothing she or John said was any indication that they didn't fuck each others brain out . Yea separate rooms different floors! R those two rooms 500 miles away ? Get real. They could have gone into each other rooms n fuck each other out the whole time they were there...What if they did fuck each other...Susan as a payment to John's help to get her partnership n that Jen also didn't know.

I would b more surprise that they didn't fuck.

She lied n try to justify herself for doing it. ..

If I were Early I would have beaten the crap out of John then come home pack my things up...n leave..have divorce papers served next day.

Lying BITCH good riddance..

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous