How I Spent My Summer Vacation

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
mabsls
mabsls
238 Followers

Amanda still could not talk, but her head was vigorously shaking, YES!

"I'll leave you to tell my brother, then."

She unlocked the door, and stepped through into the bedroom where she gave her brother a big hug. Without saying a word, she let go, and left the bedroom.

Steve was looking very puzzled as Amanda stepped out into the bedroom, hiding something in her hands.

"Amanda, what's going on? Are you alright?"

Still unable to speak, she threw herself in Steve's arms, hugging him and kissing him with a passion that showed him how much she loved him.

"I really wish I knew what was going on."

Amanda stepped back, and held the sticks up in front of his face. The blue plus, and the word pregnant was very clearly printed in the window of the sticks. He stared at what she was holding waiting for the information to pop into his brain.

"Are you serious?" She nodded her head. "Really?" He grabbed her and began swinging her in a circle. "I'm going to be a daddy! You're going to be a mommy!"

Amanda started to laugh and cry at the same time.

"I love you so much! You're going to be the most beautiful mother in the whole world."

They hugged and cried together for a few more minutes, before deciding they need to share the news with Steve's mom. They decided they would drive over to her parents that evening.

Amanda just smiled to herself about how much her life had changed.

**********

Amanda and Steve were on their last full week before school would start again. They had gone out for lunch at a little diner downtown. At the time, they didn't think about the fact that it was just down the block from where Katie worked in the business office.

Amanda had just ordered a piece of apple pie when she saw Katie come in the door. "Oh, no!"

Steve turned to look, and muttered under his breath. "Oh, shit!"

"It's okay. Even though I really don't want to talk to her, my life is way better than it would have been if the original plan had gone through."

Katie still had not seen Amanda. She had placed a 'to go' order and was waiting to pick it up. The server handed her her order, and as Katie turned she saw Amanda sitting in the booth. She started to walk out, stopped, clearly thought for a few seconds about what to do, and then turned and walked to Amanda's table. She nodded at Steve, but not knowing who he was, she really didn't acknowledge him.

"Amanda, I know you probably never want to talk to me again, but I owe you a huge apology. I was a real bitch for what I did to you. I will never be sorry enough."

Amanda let out a huge sigh. "Katie, I forgive you. At the time, I was devastated more than you can possible imagine. You were my best friend for a very long time. We did nearly everything together. I thought I could trust you with my life. I guess I was wrong about that."

Tears started to form in Katie's eyes.

"But the truth, Katie, is that it would have been a huge mistake for me to marry John. I never would have been happy. By a lucky accident I did meet the man that was perfect for me. You remember Steve Adams from school?"

Katie suddenly realized who was sitting with Amanda. "Oh, crap, Mr. Adams, I didn't realize that was you sitting there. I'm so sorry. You probably don't remember me since I never had you in class."

"It's okay, Katie, and no, I don't really remember you. Sorry."

"I'm so sorry." Tears were really starting to flow. Steve noticed some of the other customers were beginning to stare at the upset young lady standing in the aisle.

Steve slid over in the booth inviting Katie to sit down. She hesitated. "I can't, I've messed everything up enough."

"Katie, I insist, please sit. We need to talk to you."

Katie reluctantly sat down.

"Katie, I'll be honest. When Amanda told me what you'd done, I felt hatred toward both you and John. I really didn't know how I'd feel when I saw."

Katie cringed a little bit. "You won't have to worry about seeing John." Tears were really flowing down her cheeks now.

Amanda asked, "What do you mean?"

"He left me. We were married for barely a month, and he ran off with his secretary. They moved back to his hometown in Indiana. He didn't even have the guts to face me. He waited until I left for work, packed his stuff, left the papers for the divorce on the kitchen table, and he was gone. I tried calling him, but he left his phone behind. The next day, I got an email, telling me that we got started on the wrong foot, and were not meant to be."

"Katie, I'm so sorry. I guess neither of us knew what kind of person he really was."

"You meant what kind of low-life asshole he was."

"Yeah, that." Both of them laughed a little at the joke.

Katie's face got serious again. "I know I have no right to ask, and it may take a long time, but can we work on rebuilding our friendship?"

Steve didn't give Amanda a chance to reply, "I think it would be good for both of you."

"Katie, I do really miss you. You're right, we'll have to go slow because of the hurt, but I think what hurt the most was losing my best friend."

"Me, too!"

"I will warn you, you're probably go to be coming in third place now."

Katie's eyes snapped up. "I guess I can't blame you for that."

"Well, it's only right that I put my husband and baby before you."

"What... what are you talking about?"

"I got married."

"What? Who?"

Amanda just smiled and nodded toward Steve. Steve just waved his hand a little.

"Really? Seriously? You're kidding. Oh, my God, I'm so happy for you."

"And I'm pregnant."

"Oh, my God, I can't believe it. Wow. Well, that settles it. I've got to make it up to you so you'll trust me again. I swear I'll be the best babysitter ever. Aunt Katie would rather die than disappoint you again." Katie started to cry again.

Steve reached out to pat her hand. "Katie, calm down. It'll be fine. We'll make it work."

Katie was out of her seat, and sliding into the bench by Amanda, hugging her energetically. "Oh, God, I'm so glad I decided to come here for lunch. I've missed you so much. We'll talk later. I've got to get back to work now." And with that, Katie was up and out the door.

Amanda and Steve just looked at each other.

"Wow."

"Yeah, wow."

**********

On the first day of teacher workshops at the start of school, Mr. Mitchell, the Principal, always asks the teachers if they would like to share any news. A few teachers always talk about their travels, or pregnancies, or what's happing with their families. Amanda looked at Steve, who gave a slight nod.

She stood, "Well, last year during this meeting, I announced that I would be getting married this summer. Several of you know that didn't happen. In fact, my summer was looking pretty miserable, but then, one day, I had a flat tire, and a very handsome gentleman came along to rescue this damsel in distress. We spent quite a bit of time together, sharing a few dinners, lunches, and other activities. Eventually, we fell in love. Then my thyroid went wacko, we got married, I had surgery, and we got pregnant." Without giving anyone a chance to say anything, she sat back down.

There were quite a few gasps around the table, but nobody really knew how to respond. To say the least, Amanda's list left them a little speechless.

Steve didn't leave much time for them to react as he stood. "Many of you know I've struggled the last couple of years after losing my wife to cancer. But one day this summer, I happened to be driving down the road when I saw a beautiful woman with a flat tire. I stopped and changed her tire, invited her to a few dinners, lunches, and other activities. Eventually, we fell in love. I married her, supported her through a surgery, and, yes, to top it all, we're having a baby." He paused to hold his hand out for Amanda to stand. "May I introduce my beautiful wife, and the mother of our child, Mrs. Amanda Adams."

The room erupted in applause. Mr. Mitchell was slightly annoyed that nobody seemed to pay much attention to him the rest of the meeting.

mabsls
mabsls
238 Followers