All Comments on 'How My Best Friend Became My Lover'

by ewriter

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I liked it.

Interesting piece. Pros: just offbeat enough to be interesting, good character development, & the sex scene was well-written and hot. Cons: dialogue stilted at times, not the way real people talk, also some distracting slang (boob meat?). But overall, very enjoyable.

janiexxjaniexxover 17 years ago
Your submission...

...has been mentioned in the New Story Review thread in the Author's Hangout.

janiexx

eightballbumeightballbumover 17 years ago
Great Story

A few typos, but we all get those of course. They did not distract me from reading it straight through. A fine job and I'll look forward to reading more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
that was an oddly enjoyable little story!

bordering on BDSM, rape, etc. but both are serious and yet loose enough, being best friends their entire lives,,, so that out and out BDSM or rape can not be applied,,,,

again, oddly enjoyable, thank you

JH-1JH-1over 17 years ago
Best Friend, lover

Thanks for a good story. well written.

oldwayneoldwayneover 15 years ago
Outstanding Story

One of the best I have ever read on this site, thank you for such an outstanding submission.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Best ever

She would be my dreamlover. Love shy busty ladies. It aroused me a lot

AprilSmithSucksAprilSmithSucksabout 14 years ago
ALMOST....

There's only one part of this story that really puts me off in a bad way, and that's the part where Allan tells Ellen that he liked that "GAME" she made him play last night....this is bad writing because the idea that he would be initally terrified by her B.D.S.M./RAPELIKE activities -- and then immediately be in love with her for doing that when he chooses to be with her -- is too hard to swallow.....A better idea for this part of the story could've been this --> Instead of telling Ellen that he liked what she did to him and wants her to do it again, what you COULD'VE had Allan tell her was that he's thankful for Ellen not doing it again, BUT STILL wanted her to have the Sex-Goddess attitude of hers whenever he likes, because THAT should be what truly matters in that part of the story...and THEN Ellen's response -- smiling sexily, and bringing her hand down to his erection while kissing him -- could have stayed exactly the way it was, and I would've LOVED that..........I also found it annoying that the two characters' names were EXACTLY THE SAME except for the first letter. A bit too distracting......If it weren't for these things, this story would've gotten 5 stars from me, AND it would've been the BEST romance story I've read (so far) on Literotica.Com *** I've only been here for a few months, but I've read many stories **** And last of all, I loved reading the final paragraph in this. It really makes me want to TRY to let out tears...All in all, it's almost an excellent story. FOUR stars. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ April Smith sucks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Proofreader

While I don't rate many of these stories with a 4-star, I did this one. However, it always is distracting when there are obvious spellng errors, e.g., "though" for "thought" and other similar ones. All you need to solve that is a good proofreader to correct those before it goes to print.

gravyruggravyrugover 13 years ago
Honestly?

The rape put me off terribly. I get that she was desperate, but that's not an excuse. It's good that she realized that what she did was rape, but I really don't like to see rape rewarded.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

what a fucking horror story about a man being raped mercilessly

that he didn't slug her as hard as he could when he was let up is a tragedy

HonorandLoveHonorandLoveover 11 years ago
Strange. Romantic, beautiful. But strange.

Very good story. It was both weird and romantic. Very nice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Best story. Ever.

This is my favorite story of all time!! of all the countless hundreds and possibly thousands of stories I've read over the years. None turn me on more than this one. I wish the girl remained relentless after she got what she wanted instead of turning regretful though. The strong, dominant role she took on was with the forced unprotected sex was absolutely amazinggggg!

timebomber427timebomber427over 10 years ago
Reversed...

FUCKING FRIEND ZONE. UUUGGGGHHHHHH. Good story, though. I've forgotten to take my depression medicine for two whole days now and THIS SHIT MAKES ME FEEL NICE INSIDE. FYI: when I don't take them one day, I get angry at everything, then all sad and shit to the point of nigh-suicidal.But this.... This isn't just a good story, or just a nice story, it is a PERFECT story, no THE Perfect story. There is no way I can go without favouriting and five-starring this.

TheWriterOfDarknessTheWriterOfDarknessover 10 years ago
Great story!

I've read this entire story twice, and I absolutely love it! I love how it starts off all friendly and then the tension builds up later on. The entire sex scene was super hot, especially the part where she exposes her boobies and puts them between... well you know. lol But all in all, I really liked it a lot! Keep up the good work! :D

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
my favorite of your stories

I'd say that there are a few readers who don't realize "how close the difference is between Friend and Lover"

In the story; she wasn't trying to hurt him; she was trying to get him to see "her" & their relationship in a completely new light (which she accomplished). 99% of the time in real life; women lead men on; trying to get us to do / see what they want - because they want us to feel as though "we're in charge" making the decisions, plus of course then they can blame us for making mistakes 8~). I liked that the quiet, unassuming mouse "took charge" and threw all caution to the wind because she loved and and didn't want to lose him forever.

Seventeen years ago; I had a friend "Beth" who was living with a co-worker of mine. He & I got out of the military at the same, whereupon he purposefully destroyed her so that he could walk away. She & I spent quite a bit of time together over the next few months at which time I found out that she & I had been doing more "real stuff" together over the past few years than they had. I knew that I loved her & was In-Love with her but I couldn't take advantage of her. So I waited, hoping that she would figure it out as I supported her. She started dating a few guys; she got hurt again, I waited. A few months later; she came up to me and asked me "what do you want?". Because it caught me completely off-guard, all that I could answer was "I don't want to get hurt!". She walked away and I never saw her again. She moved, and later got married.

What I hadn't realized was "that was my ONE & ONLY CHANCE" but she didn't tell me that. I loved her as a best friend and a woman; would have done anything for her, but that was it. I wish that she or I would have been more aggressive. I wish that we'd have had a chance to be completely honest with each other. I never had an opportunity to change it, so I lost out.

DKP

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
beautiful

I have a friend I've been in love with for almost 3 years. but idk how she really feels about me. i told her how i felt and she started crying. but then her fiance walked in. she's pregnant with his baby. but idk what to do. wish this story was my. life and hers. I've been frriends with her for over 5 years. ty for the great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
your screwed anonymous

Give up, like I did. Being friends is the death of a romantic relationship. Your friend will be afraid of losing what you do have or just fuckong LEAVE YOU THE FUVK OUT IN THE COLD FOR NO SHITTY REASON. End if rant.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I am this girl

And I wish I had the courage to do something about the fact that my best friend, who I am in love with, is with 3 other girls at the same time. Although I tease him about this on his face, I cannot believe I have fallen for such a guy... He only calls me when he needs help! Otherwise its always beautiful sluts or his guy friends... I stopped praying he would ever see my love... your lit story ... I wish was my real life story!

Thank you for this piece... keep writing! Ignore the haters!

GhostPlasmaGhostPlasmaalmost 7 years ago
Love it

Love your characters in this

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I liked the story 5 stars

but why the BDSM??? to me it's a turn off and why didn't she just woman up and fucking tell him she loved him??? sorry I saw absolutely zero reason...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I've read this one a few times. Always 5 stars

I'm NOT a fan of big tits, I prefer perky B's and C cups tits and A's over drooping D's. AND flat chested over fake ALL DAY LONG! I'm much more interested in the business end, ass and legs...

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 5 years ago
Loved it

Quite an interesting story and twist. I have to commend him for having great stamina. Hell, if I go more than 2 days without sex I am mush after just a couple of minutes but then I recover and can go on longer lol.

One of only a handful of stories I have given 5 stars to.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
No means no

If this was the other way around and the shy one was a boy, he's being charged with rape. But let's call it what it is; best friends or not it's rape.

I realize this story is old but if this was written in 2019 I get the sense there would be more criticism of this.

thomas_deanthomas_deanover 4 years ago
The Tender Trap

They're friends but she has a plan: a bet to see how far he can go without coming. He survives two tempting forms of outer - course but upon penetration, where it's soft and warm, he cannot bring himself to effectuate coitus interruptus. She gets pregnant. They get married and its happily ever - after. It's a cute traditional love story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
This is NC/R

One of your characters is drugged, tied to a bed, and begging to be set free. You have a weird idea of what romance is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Careful

It's always the quiet ones...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I Liked It

I enjoyed this story. I thought it was entertaining, funny at times. I know the critics have and will pick it to death, but as far as I’m concerned, critics be damned. It’s fiction, people, It Ain’t REAL! I wish some of these critics would vent some of their righteous indignation towards some of the really stupid fictional crap you find here on Lit. You know, stuff like Santa Clause, ghosts, space aliens, the Easter Bunny, all that sort of idiocy. But I won’t hold my breath. 5 stars. Bring more.

Dee

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

You missed one Story Tag: Non-Compliance

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Okay so she rapes him and they live happily ever after... Not in the right category as the romance is a footnote at the end, should be in the NC/R section.

FaithfulToWifeFaithfulToWifealmost 2 years ago

Agree with many of the comments here. This story can't fall in Romance category. Agree that this is just a story but it was forced sex and Non-Consent is the most appropriate section.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

1* rape nonsense. Rape isn't romantic.

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[21.01.23]

Fun story!

And a neat twist on an old trope (?) - falling in love with your rapist.

I first saw this with General Hospital in the early 1980's with Laura falling in love with Luke after he raped her and then in Watchmen with Silk Spectre I falling in love with The Comedian, and when confronted by her daughter (named the very similar 'Laurie') about falling in love with her father after he raped her - her mom said "it's complicated".

11/10!!!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous