All Comments on 'How to Treat a Lady'

by deCarabas_hj

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Are you going to continue?

Enjoyed this, but it seemed to just stop... Will there be a chapter 2?

deCarabas_hjdeCarabas_hjover 12 years agoAuthor
Second chapter

This IS actually the second chapter. To read the first, see "A Suspended Learning Experience". I am slowly working on more chapters, but they will come when they are ready.

HectorBidonHectorBidonalmost 6 years ago
Manners

A lovely story. I've seldom read a story that paints a character as vividly as you've done here by telling Nayana's thoughts and feelings as she anticipates and then goes on her date. I love that she knows her way around the clubs and likes to have her fun, but at the same time appreciates the romance of the tea house and values herself enough to let herself be treated as a lady. I love her enchantment with the botanical garden and Stephen's appreciation of her.

I'm not sure how I feel about Stephen. Jealous, perhaps, since he's so much smarter, richer, hipper, better connected, and more knowledgeable about the female orgasm than I am. But he does know how to treat a woman like a lady. And in the other story he was ultimately kind to Eloise. I've got to respect him for that.

Still, though, I'll read this as Nayana's story, not his. A couple days of her life, told so well that I feel I know what it's like under her skin, an encounter that may not have brought her happiness ever after but did bring her a very pleasant evening. (And perhaps a new job opportunity.)

P.S. It seems you haven't submitted much lately. I hope you'll come back. Your writing is a delight.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous