Howl at the Moon Cian's Story Ch. 06

Story Info
Wren and Cian learn more about each other.
1.7k words
4.43
1.8k
1

Part 6 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 06/25/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

(This is a trigger warning. This story contains domestic violence. If you suffer from domestic violence please seek help in your retrospective communities.)

"Cian, you have to try this really weird sandwich I invented. Two slices of white bread, butter and it has to be butter not margarine with salt and vinegar chips. Then you have to coat it all in yellow mustard. Here try it!" stated Wren as she passed him half of her weird sandwich. Cian took a bite. He wasn't used to people outside of his pack cooking food for him. He loved that Wren was cooking for him.

"Woow, tis is rwelly gwood." he tried to say as he ate the sandwich. "Needs something though and I know what it is." said Cian as he went around the bar.

"What does my amazing sandwich need to help it be more amazing-er?" teased Wren. It had been a few weeks but she was still getting over Layton's death. She no longer cried openly during the day but at night, when she was alone, she cried. Cian didn't regret that he'd killed Layton. Layton had been an abusive bastard. But, Cian loved Wren. He hated seeing Wren mourn Layton's death.

"A Guinness is what you need...Guinness makes everything better. Guinness is good for you." stated Cian. He grabbed a glass and poured a pint like he had a million times before.

"Slainte" he said as he held the glass up to Wren.

"What's..that mean?" questioned Wren as she took a sip, her mouth was still full of sandwich. Then she wiped a bit of foam off her lip.

"It's like cheers or L'chaim but more. It's a celebration of the life that we live. That's Slainte." said Cian. He also poured himself a pint to join Wren.

"Awesome." said Wren as she drank her Guiness down in a few big sips.

Wren had several drinks both Guiness and ciders. Cian kept pouring. He was there to watch Wren. He also understood that she needed a break...from everything. She'd lost her asshole husband who she had always lavished all her time, energy and money on. Wren had put Layton before herself and now she had nothing to focus on. She'd also been working extremely hard for Cian without complaining. So Wren kept drinking and Cian kept pouring.

"Cian, can I tell you something?" questioned tipsily Wren after her fifth pint.

"Sure, what's on your mind Wren?" Cian questioned. He was a firm believer of "in vino vertias". As a bartender he'd heard lots of truths revealed, mostly they were truths he didn't care about like cheating on taxes, petty work things, how a husband should have married his high school sweetheart instead of his wife...general boring human things that Cian didn't care for. However, he wanted to know Wren's "in vino vertias".

"Ok..." said Wren as she took another swig of Guinness, starting on her sixth pint. "But, you have to promise not to be mad at me or think I'm a bad person. Cause what I'm about to say is really terrible, don't be mad." cautioned Wren.

"It doesn't matter what you say Wren. I promise I won't be mad." said Cian. Wren was definitely tipsy, maybe drunk. He decided to cut her off and pushed another one of her weird sandwiches towards her. Food would help.

"So...here it is. Man...it's SO bad. I'm glad Layton is dead. I know I was his wife but I hated him SO much. Everyday I would have to go home to him. He said the meanest things to me. I lied to you about falling down or breaking my arm on the airbag. He used to beat me up! I'm glad he's dead." said Wren. Then she put her head in her arms and sobbed. She cried and cried and cried with big heavy unrelenting tears.

Cian didn't know what to say to Wren. He'd never been good with expressing his feelings or reacting to emotions in others, even to his own pack. Still, he felt like had to say something. Wren was opening up to him. Cian acted on instinct and from the memories of romantic actions in the few movies he'd seen. Cian came around the bar and hugged Wren. He inhaled her pepperminty smell. She smelled wonderful.

Wren wasn't done talking. "I wouldn't have married him, if I hadn't gotten pregnant. I'm not American. I'm Canadian. I used to live on a lake up in the NorthWest Territories. It's so wild and beautiful up there. I really miss it. Nothing and no one for miles. There's still undiscovered land..anyway Layton used to have a Coca-Cola truck route through there. He always talked to me about the big city..with movie theaters and stores. Cheyenne isn't that big of a city but it's WAY bigger than the shit hole of Stony Lake-- that was my foster home. Cheyenne has a movie theater and some stores. Anyway, Layotn got me pregnant and seduced me with his big city talk. We moved here...I'm an illegal immigrant. Well, long story short,I was only with Layton a few weeks before he started hitting me..everywhere and he hit HARD. I think that's what caused me to lose the baby. But, anyways that's how I wound up here. Now I'm thousands of miles from home, an illegal immigrant and I have no family. '' Wren continued her tears were unrelenting. Cian just patted her on the back, wishing he knew how to better comfort his love.

Wren, like him, was packless. She, like him, was alone. In this moment it wasn't about sex from Cian. He wanted to have a relationship with Wren. Cian wanted them to be alone together as one. Tightly woven together: unbreakable.

Cian hugged Wren close to him now, embracing her. She leaned on him for support as she continued to cry. Wren was convinced that she was an awful person since she was happy at the death of her husband.Cian wasn't ashamed at having killed Layton though, he'd only protected his love. Cian would do the same thing again. He had no regrets.

"It's okay that you hated Layton, Wren. he was a terrible guy. Nobody could blame you for that. But, I've been thinking that you could stay here at my farm.It's not good for a person to be alone, I should know I've been by myself for over a year. But, I'm sure my pac...I mean family will come home with their tails between their legs any day now. If you live in one of the cabins here. It would be so much easier on you. No commute back and forth. You wouldn't be reminded of Layton.

We can fix up Nimah's cabin. That's the one you've stayed in a couple of times. We can get things from your Nile store to decorate it and bring it up-to-date. The cabin is all yours if you want it." said Cian as kindly as possible.

To his surprise, Wren started laughing. "What Nile store are you talking about?" she merrily laughed.

Cian had been thrown a curveball. Nile...the place mortals in this century got everything from, watched TV and listened to music. Wasn't it Nile... something to do with a river? Cian wasn't too good with the modern world. Had he said something wrong? Wren kept laughing.

"Do you mean Amazon?" she laughed. "That's where I get everything. You must mean Amazon. Gods, you're so funny sometimes. Nile---Cian you make me laugh." stated Wren. Mid-laugh, Wren threw up all over the bar. She had too much to drink.

"Oh my god...I'm so..." Wren never got the chance to apologize again. She kept puking.

"Okay, you're drunk. You're definitely spending the night here." said Cian. He grabbed a trash can and threw Wren over his shoulder. She weighed nothing at all to him. Cian was taking her to Nimah's cabin. She could sleep it off there. He set the still puking Wren, down in Nimah's old bed, with the trash can beside her. Cian slept on the sofa to guard his beloved incase she needed anything in the night.

"Cian?" came a soft voice. He woke with a start. It was dawn. How had he fallen asleep? He was an Alpha. It was his job to guard. It was his job to watch over those who needed to be looked after. He was supposed to be proecting Wren. It was just that sleeping so close to Wren made him feel safe. When Cian was with Wren, he felt solace. That was an emotion Cian rarely experienced.

"Cian?" repeated Wren's weak voice.

"Yes Wren, what is it?" he said sitting up.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to get drunk, throw up and complain like that. I'm so sorry. I take it you don't want to be my landlord anymore. I'd be a bad tenant.I'm so sorry." said Wren. She sat up too and rubbed her eyes at the bright light.

Cian was taken aback. Had Wren actually considered staying at one of the cabins? Cian wasn't sure if it was proper. He was her employer and he was asking Wren to stay. Was it gentlemanly? Was it right? He didn't know modern customs. Last night he'd half expected Wren to slap him and refuse his request but here she was apologizing to him.

"You wanted the cabin?" he questioned in disbelief. Hoping against hope.

"I'd still like it but now I'm sure you won't rent it to me. I got drunk, threw up all over and basically showed you what a terrible person I am. So uhmm...I'll go clean up the bar and get ready for the day?" questioned Wren, knowing she was probably going to lose her job

"Wait, Wren do you want the cabin, yes or no? It's old, there's no dishwasher. It has no AC. Do you want this cabin?" asked Cian again.

"Yes, I want this cabin. It's beautiful and none of that other stuff matters. The doublewide doesn't have anything fancy. Besides it's close to you. When I'm next to you, I feel safe. You're my rock Cian." said Wren. She walked over to the sink to get herself a glass of water and rinse her mouth.

"Alright, Wren. Then it's yours." said Cian. He and Wren shook on their deal. The couple cleaned up the bar and opened for the day.