Howl at the Moon Cian's Story Ch. 05

Story Info
Cian gets his revenge at last!
2k words
4.42
2.2k
1

Part 5 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 06/25/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

(This is a trigger warning. This story contains domestic violence. I am not an expert in domestic violence. If you need help please seek help in your retrospective communities.)

After Wren came to work with a broken arm, Cian knew he couldn't afford to let Wren be alone with Layton. He was an abuser who was escalating and might kill Wren at any given moment. She was disillusioned and believed that despite all the abuse she endured, Layton "loved" her. Somehow, Layton was "a good guy". So every evening, after the "The Wolves Den" closed at two am, Cian would morph into his wolf and run over to Wren's double wide. The double-wide had become dirtier due to Wren's broken arm. Layton had broken her arm but Wren maintained her lie to Cian and told him she broke it in a fender-bender. She didn't want Cian calling the police on her husband. Wren stuck to her story no matter how many times Cian pressed her otherwise.

In the tiny, double wide dirty dishes and laundry both piled up. For the year that his pack had been gone, Cian had been forced to do his own laundry. It was easy! You just scooped it all up, tossed it in the washer, dumped in the detergent and ran the machine. So Cian knew Layton at least could have done that. It was his house too. Wren was always saying that. Seeing Wren do the laundry at two am was too much for him to bare. Cian watched her separate the colors. That was a good idea. He'd have to remember that the next time he did laundry. The ancient laundry machine shook the entire trailer and Wren had a hard time sleeping. Still every night Cian slept under the trailer protecting Wren. He did it even when Layton was out trucking. Cian liked being near his beloved. Sure, he was a bit more tired than normal and drank lots of coffee but he was an Alpha. Wren needed him and Cian needed her. She was his beloved. She was his true mate. He couldn't let her be in danger.

At long last, another blizzard was due. Cian made sure that Wren stayed to work overtime at the bar by slicing the tires on both their cars. Blaming things on "punk kids" was easy and a believable excuse, especially since Cian had refused to sell beer to underage teens who had repeatedly pestered both him and Wren about it. The "punk kids" had already set a precedent for mischief. Wren believed his lie. She had no reason not to. She trusted Cian and wanted to spend time with him. He was one of the few people in her life who was kind to her. Cian was one of the few people in Wren's life that she liked.

Wren sighed in frustration when she found out about the tires. She clutched her broken arm and explained to Cian that Layton was home from a long trucking trip. He had long hard-working days on the road and he would be exhausted. She had "wifely duties" when Layton was home. She had to provide cleaning, cooking and other services. Wren also knew Layton if she didn't perform, her husband would be even angrier than he had been lately. He'd already been complaining about the way the house looked and the decline in their "love-making" due to Wren's broken arm. She didn't want to bother Cian with personal troubles but Wren was starting to become afraid of Layton.

Cian was resourceful, he probably could have managed to find Wren a way home. But, tonight was not the time for resourcefulness. It was the time for justice. It was the time for him to act like an Alpha. Tonight would be the night that Cian got his revenge. If Cian was lucky, Wren would never be spending another night in her depressing double wide. Layton would be dead! Cian would have the satisfaction of being able to protect his love. The blizzard's winds kept howling, at long last, Wren conceded that there was nothing to be done. She would have to spend the night in one of the many cabins at Cian's farm.

Not wanting to appear to forward and scare Wren away. Cian put Wren in Nimah's house. Nimah had been Finn's mother. It was the closest cabin to his. It hadn't been inhabited since the mid 1980s when Nimah had passed away. Wren settled in. The inside was dilapidated and dusty but it would do for now. Soon and if everything went to plan, she'd move in there permanently. Then it could be fixed up like she had fixed up the bar. Wren could decorate it and make it a home. Cian said goodnight to Wren and appeared to go to his own cabin.

.

Morphing into his wolf, Cian ran to the "Nice N Eazy" trailer park. Cian easily broke in Wren and Layton's double wide. Layton was in the bedroom. He was hungover as usual but stirring. The dirty dishes were still high the sink and a bag of laundry that Layton had brought home for Wren to wash was sitting in the hall. Cian frowned to himself. Layton always expected Wren to do everything. He never pitched in or did his fair share.

Wanting to be rid of Layton, once and for all, in the middle of the kitchen table, Cian placed a new bottle of Jack Daniels Black Label. He knew that it was irresistible to Layton. Little did he know that quality liquor didn't matter to Layton. Layton chugged liquor. He never appreciated or savored it. When it came to Layton, Cian could have put kerosene on the table and saved money.

"Honey? Is that you? I could use some dinner...pizza rolls would be nice." came Layton's weak voice from the bedroom. He puked again...even on his way out Layton managed to be "charming". Cian said nothing but left the bottle on the table. He heard Layton come stumbling to the kitchen for pizza rolls.

After, seeing Layton open the whiskey and start to chug, Cian went around the trailer and packed tightly snow into the double-wide's venting system. Carbon monoxide would slowly build up and Layton would die that way. It would be a slow comfortable death...better than Layton deserved after all the pain he'd caused Wren. No matter how much he longed too, Cian's wolf wouldn't rip Layton to pieces in front of Wren. So Wren would always see it as a tragic accident. Cian's wolf and his blood lust wouldn't be sated but Wren wouldn't be horrified at the macabre sight of her husband shredded to bits. Wren's comfort was what ultimately mattered to Cian. He loved her. Cian could live with unsated blood lust.

Cian's plan went down so perfectly he could scarcely believe it worked. Layton chugged the bottle passed out. (No shocker there!) The carbon monoxide built and he died. There would be no inquiry, there was also no evidence that pointed to foul play. It was almost like nothing had happened. Cian had smelled death and went back to his cabin. He wanted to be there in case Wren needed anything in the middle of the night. Nimah's cabin was old; it was less than Wren deserved. She deserved to be treated as an Alpha's mate. Cian wanted Wren in his cabin but that would be too forward. Patience was a virtue and would ultimately hopefully pay off.

The next morning the blizzard had died down. Dawn was breaking, on his way home, to make an airtight alibi, Cian had stopped at a 24-hour gas station. He promised the night clerk,Vaughen, of Gas N Go, $75 to drive both him and Wren from the Wolves' Den to the "Nice N Eazy" trailer park.

"Don't you have Uber? I'm an Uber driver in my spare time. You should really get Uber." stated Vaughen.

Cian didn't know what Uber was. He just said "No." Cian didn't want any questions. Vaughen was more than glad to accept the $75 and not kick a percentage up to Uber.

Early in the morning, Cian, Wren and Vaughen, the ride, arrived at the "Nice N Easy" trailer park. Wren maintained a tidy and safe home. So all her appliances were in working order. For a reason, Cian couldn't explain, Wren was eager to see Layton. She had even combed her hair and done her make-up. At the door, she was greeted by the loud blaring of the carbon monoxide detector. Cian was satisfied that his plan had worked. His wolf could already smell death. It was hard for him not to smile in triumph.

"Layton could be in there sleeping!" cried Wren as she quickly ran to the bedroom. "Wake up Layton! Wake up!" Wren pleaded as she shook Layton's body. It was in vain of course, Layton was dead. The carbon monoxide detector loudly rang.

"Hey, maybe we should open a door or a window or something to stop that blaring. It's really noisy. Wow, that guy looks terrible...is he alright? Is he dead? Should we call 911?" questioned Vaughen. He was hovering in the hall wondering if he should help.

Cian knew it was too late for paramedics to help Layton. But, Wren couldn't stay in a home full of carbon monoxide. He threw open several windows to let air in, and soon the carbon monoxide detector stopped blaring. Cian heard heart-wrenching sobbing. It was Wren. He went into the bedroom. She was embracing Layton and crying. Tears fell down her face. "Shit, fuck call 911! Why has no one called 911? Layton needs help. We have to get to a hospital. Layton needs a doctor."

Wanting to calm Wren, and knowing it was too late Cian called 911. Soon the paramedics arrived. Wren remained in the bedroom trying to revive Layton. Cian was making peppermint tea for Wren so, for better or worse, it was Vaughen who led the paramedics into the double-wide.

"Come in officers, this guy needs help. I drove these two from the Gas-N-Go. When we came in there was an alarm going off. The guy in the bedroom needs help." said Vaughen as he directed the paramedics into the trailer. They made their way into the bedroom. It had been a half hour and Wren was still trying to revive Layton. Even though he was her abuser, Wren loved him.

In short order, the paramedics confirmed that Layton was dead. They believed Wren, Cian and Vaughen's story. No questions were asked. Carbon monoxide had killed Layton.

Some people might have thought it was cruel that Cian had killed Layton but Cian only saw it as a preemptive action. Philosophy played no role in his decision. Wren was his true mate and he would walk through hell to protect her. Layton would have killed her sooner or later, Cian just made the first move.

"Ma'm if you need a place to stay for a few days while you plan the funeral, there's a women's shelter downtown. We can give you a ride, if you want." said one of the paramedics.

"Funeral? Shelter? Layton will be home soon. He can take care of me. I love him." questioned Wren. She was in shock. She'd just lost her husband. Nothing seemed to make sense to her.

"Don't worry officers. I'm her boss. She'll stay with me for a few days while we figure everything out." said Cian to the paramedics as he comforted Wren. The paramedics nodded and passed Cian the number of the coroner where arrangements could be made for Layton's funeral.

"Come on Wren, you're going to stay with me for a while." stated Cian. The officers gave the couple a ride back to The Wolves Den. A few days later, they had Layton's funeral, attended only by the preacher, Cian and Wren. Wren was devastated but Cian was relieved. His beloved was safe and could be with him at long last.

(I love to hear from my readers! Please rate and comment!)