HR Seals the Deal

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You have only one chance at this." She told herself in the rearview mirror after she arrived at the hotel. "Don't mess it up."

Looking across the parking lot toward the lobby of the hotel, Amanda rubbed the divot on her finger again. She missed the comforting presence of her wedding band, useless meaning or not.

Abandoning her hand she gave her hair a last minute adjustment. After a quick pursing of her lips to even out her lipstick, she took a deep breath to steel her nerves. Opening her car door she got out and headed in.

Perhaps it was her lingerie, or the fact that her dress was very short and so low cut, but Amanda felt like she was exuding sex.

'its all in your head Amanda!' she told herself. 'now you know why you're here. Stay focused and let's get this done!'

But her internal dialogue did nothing. Men, young and old, gazed upon her as she walked in. She could feel their eyes, and even those of some women, upon her. She captivated their attention and many stared, entranced.

Amanda was unused to being the center of attention and it made her self conscious.

The form fit dress showed off all of her assets from her slender legs, and shapely hips, to her high firm breasts. The high heels not only stretched out her already sexy smooth legs, they also changed her walk. She wasn't uncomfortable in them per se but she wasn't used to heels so high with so narrow a shaft.

As such, she had to be extra careful with every step.

That carefulness meant placing every step perfectly.

Placing every step perfectly enhanced the normal sinuous sway of her hips into something far more alluring.

The sinuous sway made her feel even more self conscious which made her walk even more carefully ...

But that wasn't everything, she could FEEL every enticing stitch. The aptly named pushup bra pressed her breasts up and in to the most amazing spectacle of cleavage she had ever seen. Also, their new position allowed them to jiggle slightly with every step which with the low neckline of the dress was on display for all to see.

It wasn't an altogether unpleasant feeling, and Amanda thought she could get used to the sensation. Glancing into the deep valley between her bosom she knew she could definitely get used to how amazing they made her look but she would feel much more comfortable with a modesty panel.

It was the dress however that still gave her pause. Maybe it was the lighting here or the fact she was in a room full of people but she was intimately aware of how the cut of the dress put her cleavage, and that new jiggle, on display for the whole world to see. Under her dress the garterbelt held her hips like the strong hands of a lover. The wide straps were pulled taut and caressed her thighs, the stockings had a gliding sensation that was different from what she was accustomed, and the thong ... sitting high in the V above her butt made her remember with every step that her ass was nearly bare.

While every stitch she wore was form fitting and ultra feminine, and in no small way, screamed sex, none of that bothered her though as much as the empty notch where her wedding band normally sat. Such a small item, in the grand scheme of things it really couldn't weight that much, yet with its absence, her hand felt so light that she was afraid she would hit someone with it because her arm seemed to move so much faster.

Keeping her hands folded in front of her, clutching her small purse for the safety of those around her, not to mask her nervousness, she ignored the staring eyes and followed the signs toward the hotel bar where Mr. Johnson had reluctantly agreed to meet her.

Sitting down at the hotel bar Adam Johnson signaled the bartender, a man named KC.

From across the bar KC gave a quick nod to acknowledge he had seen Adam. Finishing up with his customer KC went to the tap tower and poured Adam a beer.

That was the great thing about KC, he knew his customers. Adam had only been at the hotel 2 nights now and KC already knew his favorite drink.

"You're here early tonight." KC said setting the pint down.

"Yeah, I'm supposed to meet the HR director from this company I interviewed with yesterday." Adam replied taking a drink.

"Oh yeah. She cute?"

"I suppose, in a way." Adam replied. "A bit mousey though, with a little bit of a prissy attitude. I turned them down after initially accepting, so I can only imagine why she's insisted on seeing me before I leave tomorrow."

Just then KC noticed a beautiful woman enter the bar. Despite being drop dead gorgeous and wearing a dress that would make every man in the hotel want to just be seen with her. KC also noticed she seemed insecure.

Clutching her purse in front of her, her hands seemed to want to wring it out like a dirty dishrag and she wore a nervous look on her face as she glanced about the bar several times as if she was looking for someone in particular.

"Is that her?" KC the bartender asked putting two and two together with a quick nod toward the door.

Turning around to look where KC had directed, Adam saw her. Amanda stood in the doorway illuminated by the light behind with an uncertain look on her face. Her hands fidgeting with the purse she held in front of her.

It WAS her but at the same time, it wasn't. Instead of the plain slacks, store bought blouse with an unflattering suitcoat and flats, she was dressed in a gorgeous short black dress that would have been more appropriate for a dinner date, not a professional meeting. Also missing was the impersonal but haughty confidence he had seen her wear at the office, before and during their interview.

He watched her with interest as she glanced around the bar, obviously looking for him, a pensive, apprehensive look on her face clouding her demeanor.

"Yeah." He replied slowly as he watched her self consciously tug down on the hem of her dress that reached just past mid thigh and then immediately pull up on the dress to try and cover the swell of her breasts. "That's her."

"Oh! You poor man." KC replied. "Perhaps I should have security escort her out. For your safety of course."

But Adam was only half paying attention.

Waving his hand he caught her eye and in an instant her demeanor changed again. With a deep breath that Adam could see from across the room, he watched in amazement as she ran her hands over herself.

Smoothing her dress over her hips and quickly straightening her hair, Amanda composed herself in an instant and started walking toward him, all signs of her nervousness masked.

Unable to look away from the hypnotic sway of her hips he took note of every detail about her. The lacy trim of her little black dress was cut low, and revealed the side of her succulent breasts. Her high heeled sandals showed off a bright red nail polish through her nude hose. Step by perfectly placed step she neared him, her ocean blue eyes fixed upon him. The smooth flawlessness of her complexion accented by the soft lighting made her features even more striking.

She wasn't mousey, she was gorgeous! How had he not noticed that before?

Her jewelry was subtle and elegant but what caught his attention the most, was the lack of her wedding band.

'Why would she have taken it off?' He thought, and just as quickly the reason dawned on him. 'OHHH!, this is going to be a very interesting night!'

"Mr. Johnson." Amanda began with her hand extended. "I want to thank you again for meeting me on such short notice." She continued sticking to her carefully rehearsed script. "I was hoping I could talk you into reconsidering our offer. I've been authorized by ...."

Taking her hand in his, instead of shaking it as she intended, her turned it and brought it to his lips.

"No." Adam replied abruptly, cutting her off.

He had already made up his mind but there was always room to negotiate. Watching her face carefully he took note as first shock, and then worry, passed over it before she opened her mouth to try again. She was desperate, Adam realized, this wasn't just a professional visit, this was something more personal, and he had an idea what it was.

His hand was firm yet soft, it had been years since she had been touched by a man, and the back of her hand where he had kissed emanated a heat that quickly spread throughout her body but it was his answer that froze her in place.

"No." Mr. Johnson's answer reverberated inside her head making her tremble.

What was she going to do? In all of her rehearsing on the ride over, this was a scenario she had never considered.

Panicked, Amanda opened and closed her mouth struggling, trying to think of some way to respond.

"Compliments of the house." The bartender said, his voice breaking the silence as he set a wine glass on the bar in front of her.

Amanda was thankful for the reprieve, it pulled her back to reality and gave her a moments pause. Pulling her hand from his was difficult but tearing her eyes from his, a deep chocolate brown, that was the hardest.

She didn't normally drink, but inside she was a tangled ball of nerves, and the wine she thought, would help unravel that.

Slipping onto the barstool she crossed her legs out of habit, not realizing that as she did so she was putting the welt of her stockings, a garter strap, and a thin sliver of thigh, on display.

Taking a moment to collect herself she reached for the wine glass.

"Thank you!" Amanda replied to KC with a smile, all while trying to hide her angst.

Picking it up she tried to ignore the tingling she had felt when Adams hand touched hers, when his lips pressed against the back. Looking at the wine glass, she realized her hand still tingled.

Tipping the glass back Amanda fought the urge to drain the glass entirely. Swallowing slowly, the chilled wine warmed her from the inside and she felt her face flush in response.

Adam's eyes widened briefly as her dress slid up her leg revealing the welt and briefly a thin slice of her bare thigh. Tearing his eyes away before she noticed his ogling he turned his attention inward.

'When was the last time I've been out on a date? A REAL date?' Adam thought watching her take a drink of her wine. 'Too long!' he realized when he couldn't come up with a date.

"Listen, I haven't had a chance to eat dinner yet." He said hopefully, looking at her beautiful face. "Would you care to join me?"

Sitting there, Adam's dark brown eyes drew hers in like a moth to the flame. "I ... um." She stammered, feeling like a nerdy schoolgirl being asked to Prom by the Varsity Quarterback.

Being invited to dinner was the last thing she expected. She was about to say no when a shiver of realization passed through her body. This was the same hotel she had booked for that ill fated anniversary date five years ago. A different name and remodeled but still ... the same.

Now here she was, wearing the lingerie she had bought for her ex-husband. She was wearing the dress and jewelry as well. Maybe it was a little late and it wasn't her husband but she could enjoy the evening. Nothing too serious, it WAS just dinner after all, not like she was planning on sleeping with him. Plus, it would also give her the opportunity to further ingratiate herself to Adam.

Adam raised his eyebrows as if to silently ask his question again.

"Um yeah, that would be great!" she replied with a smile.

"Excellent!" He replied with a smile. "KC, could you see about getting us a table?"

"Of course Mr. Johnson." The bartender responded.

Adam slid off the barstool, his eyes piercing hers, and offered his arm.

Feeling his eyes connect to something deep within, her breath caught. Tearing her eyes away she broke that overloaded connection to slide off the barstool and hook her arm in his.

His arm; it was such a small gesture, why should it have had such an effect on her.

'Because it's something Ted never did. That's why!' Her thoughts answered just as quickly while Adam led her into the dining area.

Likewise her heart trembled a bit when he stepped behind her to pull back her chair.

He stood there, waiting patiently.

Stepping in she smoothed her dress and sat down, her chair sliding in as she sat.

"Mr. Johnson," She said with a smile when he sat down at their small table. "I'm here to make you an offer you can't refuse."

'CRAP!!!!! Where the hell did that come from?' she admonished herself. 'Stop letting your nervousness and his deep brown eyes get the better of you.'

With a knowing smile, and a glint in his eye, he carefully steered the conversation another direction. Time and again he did that whenever she brought the conversation back to his potential employment.

It never failed though, he would carefully dodge the statement and somehow steer the conversation back to her until the meal was over.

Dinner in the restaurant was everything she could have hoped for, it was quiet, intimate, the food exquisite. Even the conversation with Adam was enjoyable and she started to see why the other girls in the office swooned whenever he walked by. It wasn't until dessert that they were finally starting to talk about work related topics.

Feeling confident with the conversation finally going the direction she needed it to go, and because she actually found herself beginning to enjoy his company, she graciously accepted his invitation to come up to his room.

Retiring to his suite she plopped down in one of the large chairs. Curling up on one leg she crossed her other leg over it. Looking at him over her wine glass she considered him. On a personal level he was nothing like what she had initially thought. He was, of course, confident, charismatic, and handsome, but he was also sincere, polite, and funny. Sweet, in a way she wasn't used to men treating her.

"So many people assume that business deals are all cut throat affairs." He said, continuing their conversation. "That all business men are sharks, now granted for a lot of people that is EXACTLY how they operate, for me though, it's more like a relationship, you have to have some give and take. Ultimately though, everyone has to get something they want or, like any relationship, it won't work." He explained slowly. "I've gotten to where I am NOT because I'm more aggressive and cutthroat than the next guy. I am where I am because I can get a good read on people."

"Oh really!"

"Really!" he reassured.

"So what about me then?" she asked confidently. Swinging her legs down to the floor, she re-crossed them, leaning forward with her elbows on her knees she took another sip of wine and awaited his response.

He looked her up and down while swirling his own glass. On some level she actually felt a little uncomfortable under his scrutinizing gaze. Finally done evaluating his subject he took a small sip and setting his glass down, folded his hands in front of his face.

"You have two siblings of which you are the oldest. You married young and have at least one, but I suspect two, children. You love your job but resent the fact your male colleague's don't take you seriously. Most likely because you're a woman and, in no small part, because of your natural beauty. You choose pant suits over dresses and skirts in an unconscious attempt to hide your femininity. You rarely wear makeup for the same reason." He rolled on.

She suddenly felt very uncomfortable as she had her life recited to her.

"On the surface your presence here in my suite tonight tells me how important my employment is to the company. Below the surface though, your nervousness tells me it's more personal though. Your dress and high heels, along with the makeup, make you look absolutely ravishing. But they are so different than anything else I have seen you wear that I suspect though it is more about trying to distract me with your sex appeal to throw me off base than anything else. An attempt to put me on the defensive from the moment I first saw you"

The wine in her glass rippled with her trembling hand as she brought it back to her mouth. 'Am I really that easy to read?' she thought with a panic taking another sip to try and calm her nerves.

Watching her hand jitter let him know just how close he was to the truth. Reading people, It had always been a game to him, one that made him more money than most people knew what to do with. One that had also cost him more than his fair share of friends, and relationships. Taking another sip of his own drink, he watched her demeanor. He needed to decide how far to push, what it was that he wanted, and what he thought she might be willing to give in return.

The silence in the room grew as they just looked at each other. He watched her with the curiosity of a predator trying to decide if his prey was worth the effort. She cowered like a rabbit in the brush, legs crossed tight, arms folded beneath her breasts, her wine still shaking with her nervousness.

While she may have thought it a very protective pose he recognized it immediately, it was a naturally defensive posture but from her he saw it in another way, her toned, stocking encased legs, the fullness of her breasts, the swell of her hips, to him it was incredibly sexy.

"He threatened you with your job didn't he." Johnson said breaking the silence.

"Who!?" She questioned, playing dumb.

"Your boss. Maxwell." He replied smoothly knowing he was right.

"Yes!" Amanda whispered in response after a long pause.

"Do you want me to come work for the company?" Johnson asked in a quizzical tone.

"Of course! You would be a tremendous ..."

"That's NOT what I'm asking." He said cutting her off. "I asked if YOU want me to come work for the company?"

"I ..." her thoughts and words trailed off as she brought her gaze up to meet his. His eyes were soft, softer than she remembered, so was his voice for that matter.

"A deal is a relationship." He said again. "Both sides have to get something they want or there can be no deal. We both know what you want, and the fact that you removed your wedding band tells me ... all options are on the table. The only question now, is how far are you willing to go?"

Amanda's eyes widened in panic.

"I have to leave!" she said springing from her seat. "It has been a real pleasure talking with you tonight Mr. Johnson. I hope you have a fine evening and a safe flight tomorrow." Her polite goodbye rolling off her tongue with a cold efficiency as she walked rapidly to the door.

Inside she was a ball of nerves with only her forward motion keeping her moving. Which was why when she touched the doorknob to leave, she froze.

Taking in a deep breath, she let it out slowly. She could feel his comforting presence behind her before she felt his hands on her hips, his lips on her bare shoulder. She could feel his eyes probing down her dress enjoying the view of her cleavage. She heard him take a deep breath drinking in her perfume.

It had been so long since she had felt the loving touch of a man. Already she could feel her body responding with a deep yearning hunger.

'Why did I wear this stupid dress!' She cursed herself trying to ignore the effect he was having on her.

"I'm not that kind of girl Mr. Johnson." She whispered to the door.

"I know." He admitted. "I can tell that as well, and please, call me Adam."

It was something so simple, just a name, a name she already knew from the file she had sitting in her office. Him asking her to call him that though took this visit out of the realm of professionalism and made it personal. Made whatever was about to happen seem even more inevitable.

"Do you know what I want?" he asked.

She swallowed, trying hard to ignore the tingles being sent out all over her body from his gentle touch.

"You want to make love to me." She answered quietly to the door, unable to bring herself to turn around.

"Yes Mrs. Koehler," he said running his hands down to her hips. "but I want more than that."