Hush Little Baby Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm done here; you're as good as I can make you. I can only pass onto you one more thing that will keep you alive. Trust, but verify. Regardless of who you're talking to and who you think you can trust."

Albert stood over Dana and extended his hand, hers came out of the bath holding a plastic bag with a loaded gun inside it, which just happened to be pointed at his chest. Dana smiled and Albert laughed the one and only time in six months.

Deep down, she really did love her brother. But as head of the family now, he had to do what was right for the continuation of the family, if that meant sacrificing his own half-sister then so be it. Dana understood, just as she herself knew that any dealings with her brother had to be on his terms. Such was the dynamics of the family, it was slightly easier with her father, but Marcus Hamilton always carried a level of guilt when he dealt with Dana.

No one foresaw her mother's family turn on them like rabid dogs, when they turned on her mother and Dana, they never knew what was to come. They woke another monster that day and that monster sought vengeance with the help of her father, vengeance that only accelerated the total collapse of her mother's family. The fall out, in her brother's eyes was that Dana was out of control.

It took a man in Afghanistan to guide her, to show her that there was life after Marcus Hamilton. Hush Little Baby was the bridge that Dana was allowed to walk across, and change her life. It took so long to show her brother that she had changed, that the family enforcer had retired and wanted nothing from the family, only to live a life on another continent and be at peace with her brother.

For so long they had eyed each other, waiting for the day that would prove the other right. Now it was time to heal those wounds, naming her son after her brother was a start. Matt had seen it for what it was and accepted that gift, they would both leave that confessional with a new understanding of each other.

True peace had finally come to two people that evening.

She had come to loath her father, the love she had for him was a prop he used to turn her into the company's enforcer. It was true, the shadow she called enforcer could retire now, she had enough love for her husband and sister.

The cold-blooded killer that kept her sane while she killed for her father and kept her safe while every law enforcement agency in the world came looking for her and ultimately failed would leave in peace, a peace that was so long in coming and tasted so sweet to both of them.

But most of all, she listened to the promise that enforcer wouldn't take any of her children down her own path, they shared that promise once again as she got up and left the confessional. Her plane leaves in three hours. For now, her home was Europe, and her bed would always be full of love for those people in it. The words of Alison Thomson still resounded in her head, giving chances to so many options both here and in Europe

Dana knew that over time, enforcer would diminish and eventually leave, helped now by the deal that her half-brother Matteo and she had come too.