All Comments on 'I Bless the Rains'

by whatdreamsmaycome

Sort by:
  • 65 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wow! Great first chapter!

I can't wait to see where you go with this. I don't know who JavaBlack is, but Whatdreamsmaycome is one of the best, and this just continues his tradition of "what will you do next." Don't make us wait!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Wow, I can't wait for the next part!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
5 star

great tale, look fwd to chapt 2

BurntRedstoneBurntRedstoneabout 4 years ago
Delightful!

Thanks for this wonderful part 1. Looking forward for part 2!

DogFuzzDogFuzzabout 4 years ago
Wow!

Very impressive. If I had not known better, I would have thought I was reading an adventure book purchased from a book store. The writing is wonderful with the characters and story being fully developed. It is a “can’t wait to read the next sentence” type of story. Better than a top 5. Thank you for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Less erotica - more adventure.

If you're fond of reading adventure stories, this one is definitely for you.

Readers be warned, no wank material in it yet.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great story but

Maybe you should buy a map of africa. Wonder they didn’t take in cape town while they were at it.

patilliepatillieabout 4 years ago
Started fast

but sorta bogged down in page 3 on where it became a travel diary. On page 6 one paragraph first sentence is "insert sex scene here" so that must be some leftover outline note.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
5 stars but

not sure why it's in LW...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
5 stars.

Loved it! Good reading, and I can't wait for part 2!

jezzazjezzazabout 4 years ago

‘Insert sex scene here’.

Lol. Love it.

stev2244stev2244about 4 years ago

Gripping and sweet, yet with a very serious background. Well done.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

"Insert sex scene here." LOL, I've done that, using place holders. Fortunately, I don't think any have made it past editing, but that was likely just good fortune.

mattenwmattenwabout 4 years ago
5*!!!

It was really a very well told story! And weirdly the sex scenes dont be lacking! I am looking forward to the sequel! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

This is a good, read. Needs to be mafe a novel.

Cant wait for part 2

MsCherylTerraMsCherylTerraabout 4 years ago

Lovely tale of intriguing adventure. Can't wait for part 2!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Didn't read this part

Will wait to see if the 2nd part actually gets posted as I hate unfinished stories. In the mean time, here's a little unsolicited advice -If you're invited to an invitational, DO NOT write a 2 part story. Not even one in which you post the 2nd part the next day. Just a lousy idea.

C_frommnC_frommnabout 4 years ago
Great Story

Can't wait to see what's next.

norafaresnorafaresabout 4 years ago

Looking forward to the next part. Brilliant writing like always.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
need I ask?

I know this is a good read, but what part of the "loving wives" category will this fall under?

Seriously, This is REALLY good writing, but who is the wife or are we just getting to it with the Dubois people? And where is the highway??? Do they have highways in Africa?

Smokepole

lancel00tlancel00tabout 4 years ago
Beautiful!

This is an easy story to rate. Original in its content, well-written and just amount of drama for the heroes to overcome. I hope the sequel will happen. Would be a terrific letdown to not know the outcome.

teedeedubteedeedubabout 4 years ago
Well, yeah

I guess I can wait a week..............

KRD19254KRD19254about 4 years ago

Darn good, but when will the next part be released?

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 4 years ago
Great adventure!

Not sure about the category but I can't say I give a damn!

Love this traveling adventure. Thank you!

ohioohioabout 4 years ago
Wonderful story!

Totally absorbing--and at times, tense and scary.

Thanks so much for this, and I look forward eagerly to the rest of it!

ohio

FourCornersFourCornersabout 4 years ago
Thank you What May.

What a wonderful surprise. Like the Sound of Music with jungle and weapons and bad guys and the laughter and love of children and their protectors instead of World War Two Commendants.

Thanks so much for a story of bravery and innocence.

dwhit48988dwhit48988about 4 years ago
Engrossing Story

I enjoyed the story and look forward to the next installment.

Crusader235Crusader235about 4 years ago
Wow

Excellent adventure tale. Five stars! Can't wait for more.

jmmj5jmmj5about 4 years ago
Engrossing and

Engrossing and very enjoyable. I look forward to the conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Makings

Makings of an excellent story,but where is the continuation?.

ohyessssssohyessssssabout 4 years ago
Cool

Excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
There's Quite A Roll Call

Of fine authors raving how good this story and I can't disagree. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Wrong category

???

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
God I hope nothing bad has happened to whatdreamsmaycome

Part two was supposed to be posted a week later. We’re now on month 3. This has me worried for the health and well-being of this excellent author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not Erotic

no sex and nudity.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Clichés galore

This read like a typical Blackrandl clichéd Gary Stu story, he even has the same kind of special snowflake name, and girls who fawn over him.

Really drags down the story when none of the characters feel like real people, instead of romance cardboard cutouts.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 4 years ago
Helluva story

Stories like this keep me coming back. Hell, I’ve watched feature movies on the big screen not as good as this story.

WillowghbyWillowghbyalmost 4 years ago
Very Nice

Excellent story line and interesting characters. An observation for all Lit authors: this story is an example of how great grammar and spelling boost a "star score." The result is an easy read with very limited double-backs to decipher the real meaning of a paragraph or passage.

Keep 'em comin'.

Gamer_dadGamer_dadover 3 years ago

Very naive writing, i have no idea why is this in LW??

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Excellent

Enjoyed

jtwheels

Cyborg504Cyborg504over 3 years ago
Excellent story. When is chapter two going to be published?

Excellent story. When is chapter two going to be published?

LovesNipplesLovesNipplesover 3 years ago
Where is part 2?

ARRRRGGGGGG!! Where is part 2? This could be turned into a Major Motion Picture, and as entertaining and suspenseful as it is, it would point out to a blind world that this kind of crap is NOT unusual in parts of the world. It reminds me of something I have told my students for 30 years and that is that what we call "Civilization", is just a thin veneer that covers are natural barbarity. Scratch it off, and it does not take long for true human nature to show its ugly face.

tralan69ertralan69erover 3 years ago

What Willowghby said.

Looking forward to part 2. Hope all is well with whatdreamsmaycome.

Thank you for this very excellent story. 5*****

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 3 years ago

Well ...

This is a fine story.

That's not the problem here.

It's what catagorie it's in.

Even though putting a story

in the wrong catagorie is cheating ...

this still isn't a LW story.

Because of that, it gets 3 out of 5 from me.

nighthawk22204nighthawk22204almost 3 years ago

The latter half of the story was confused by meeting Luther Voorbeck, who briefly became Kurt, and then transmogrified into Hans. Otherwise, it's a whole lot of geography and I'm glad to see the group all get onto a safe Indian Ocean sailing yacht. Now I expect the author is in extended 2 year Covid-19 delay figuring out whether they will get breached by a gang of pirates or a coast guard vessel, or both, and what kind of bureaucratic French hassles they will encounter. It's a nicely written story of a photojournalist who never explains how he became trained as a coldhearted warrior and I would love to see the ending, whether it is in a Reunion chapel or washed ashore on a deserted island.

MwestohioMwestohioover 2 years ago

Looking for the follow-on

skruff101skruff101over 2 years ago

It’s been over a year since this was posted and this author hasn’t posted anything after this so it might be wishful thinking hoping for the promised continuation. Shame as it’s a pretty engrossing story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a wonderful story. professionally written, suspenseful and intriguing enough to want to keep on reading Well done! Thank you for entertaining me.

IronMan2021IronMan2021over 2 years ago
This story could be a movie.

Child soldiers and kidnapping girls/boys and using them as sex slaves is a real ongoing problem. Supported operations trying to stop both but it was a never-ending cycle.

This is a 5* story and one of my Favorites.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This author is both a great story teller and a great wordsmith. I am guessing that somebody this good has moved onto bigger and better venues. Who can fault talent. But I would like to have seen how he would have envisioned this story continuing. Maybe somebody else can pick up the baton...

TimcutyourshitTimcutyourshitalmost 2 years ago

aww man there no part 2 that just sucks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

one * only as still not finished after 24+ months, what a swizz.

Author lacks respect for readers

Thwacksy058Thwacksy058almost 2 years ago

Such a good rewarding story , but such a shame to leave us hanging , surely it’s worthwhile to finish it , isn’t it ?

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanalmost 2 years ago

I loved your use of historical names, the lion of Africa in particular made me chuckle more tears in other parts great job i hope to see more

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Please finish this . S. F.

kemanderkemanderover 1 year ago
An ending

The story would easily have earned 5 stars rather than two if the author had been kind enough to provide an ending to it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The 6 chapters that I read kept me riveted to the story. But, the "To Be Continued....." at the end of chapter 6 pissed me off because it is now 2/26/2023 and the 6th chapter was completed 03/17/20. Almost 3 years have gone by with no continued story. The author has written a great story and just about all of us who have read it would agree with that and are anticipating its completion as much as I am.

I just hope that nothing bad has happened to the author, "whatdreamsmaycome" and will be able to find time to finish. 5 stars from me.

miket0422miket0422about 1 year ago

Very enjoyable story. Confused about why it's in LW though.

PatrickThomasPatrickThomas7 months ago

Great story. Thanks.. can’t wait to get to the next chapter.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman5 months ago

great story, sad, horrible and hope. Part really isn't needed as they will be safe at Reunion Island and their older, well to do boat owners will help them.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

What on earth was Akeela thinking, trusting a man whose first instinct is sexual assault and rape threats with three teenage girls? He's vile, and she's a fool. Poor kids.

bobareenobobareeno4 months ago

I couldn’t get through this. The guy destroys her idealism, all the while threatening rape. And he keeps salivating over the beauty of the youngsters who join them. Nope.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Great story from 4 years ago, but it's missing a chapter 2 to complete the tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

A great adventure! Enjoying the story, but no sex for the main couple. Was the story ever continued?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous