All Comments on 'I Can Explain Too'

by patricia51

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
impressiveimpressiveover 19 years ago
Justice is served!

Brilliant!

fumunda cheezefumunda cheezeover 19 years ago
outstanding research

Well done Patricia51. You did good sweetie... Your stories are the best.

Gary

gnfgnfover 19 years ago
Absolutely the best,

Patricia51, you always write a story that grabs the emotions. Your attention to detail is impeccable, the twist here is fantastic.

Great work, keep on writing and we will be back.

George

Kanga40Kanga40over 19 years ago
Sorry Patricia

Sorry to be the lone voice of dissent.

But I CAN FIND NO HUMOUR WHATEVER IN SPOUSES CHEATING.

I told rp the same about his attempt at humour. At least his story was funny until he introduced the silly cheating stuff to completely ruin it.

Yours started from there, was obviously going where it went and was particularly unfunny.

How can you find humour in cheating on a spouse?

HUH?

dsidedsideover 19 years ago
I usually

like your stories, but cheating isn't funny. Maybe George should have cut off his dick in the first story. Than what would his wife had done. There was a divorce in the first story when there should have been two, now there should be one in the second.

curious2ccurious2cover 19 years ago
Taken from a satirical viewpoint

I can say that the twist was creative and it had, in the end the brilliance of forcing the husband to know without a doubt what infidelity felt like. Edgy, quite amazing and well put together.

I am not so certain that it lent itself to humor...but as satire...right on mark. I could see humor lacing the whole story, but as noted by other comments here, cheating isn't all that funny.

My point here is that you put together a great story with a hard twist that surprised everyone...including the readers as witnessed by many comments so far.

Good job Patricia51...well done. By the way, I did like the story, even though it did leave 'that' feeling in my stomach when I read of the cold caculating cheating that caused me to start writing in the first place. However, I can see how the means did justify the ends, after all just because it didn't fulfill hubby's original thoughts (fantasies??) it did give him the necessary info to inspire.

englander1961englander1961over 19 years ago
Oh come on you people

Patricia's story was a STORY for goodness sake.

She very cleverly followed another story, writing with a delicious wit. I really don't see why there is such a strength of feeling against her story.

Patricia I LOVED it. You write so fluently and your style followed RPS's style extraordinarily well. Not easy to do.

Susan England

DesamyDesamyover 19 years ago
Very clever

I didn't read the first story, but I throughly enjoyed this one. I am not really into the 'cheating' stories myself, but I didn't read this from that viewpoint. It was very amusing, had me laughing outloud with pleasure at the muddle the husband found himself him. Excellent way for his wife to turn the tables! Good work! Oh, and your writing is wonderful, such a pleasant change to read something that doesn't have errors in every sentence.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Good for the Goose if good for the Gander?

Loved it! I think even a cold hearted self absorbed buffoon like he apparently is would get the message wifey sent. Good for her, he needed to feel the pain of cruel indifference to his feelings. At least she didn't resort to a sharp knife and his privates. Though that might have been fitting.Thank you well written and humorous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Perfect

Perfect. Just perfect. I loved how you took the original story and turned it to his viewpoint. And the comeuppance! Just too clever. Nice job.

sexmatesexmateabout 19 years ago
What humor?

I couldn't find it either. All it did was bother me.

jaggers0053jaggers0053about 18 years ago
great story!

don't know how i missed this when you first posted it but i think its funny as hell! in fact i think your sequel is even funnier than RPSuch's original story.

as far as the prigs that couldn't see the humor because of the subject matter i guess they just don't understand what satire is all about.

excellent job,

don

dragonlady13dragonlady13about 18 years ago
Great Comeuppance

Wow! I read the original story and found it entertaining. Your completion of the tale, however, was well written, succinct, and had that plot twist that was all but invisible to the naked eye! I like that the character couldn't speak at the moment of truth, and just stood there in shock. Nicely done.

curl4evercurl4everalmost 18 years ago
Exquisite humor!

Both stories are well-written and funny on their own, but they are truly exquisite as a pair! <applause for both authors>

Alberta  AlAlberta Alover 17 years ago
Very Good

Your story is as good if not better than the original. The two stories combined are better than the individual stories.

I do see the humor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Such attempts at humor are humorus.

Did like it, no. Did I read it, yes looking for something to enjoy. Was it funny, yes parts were, others were just plain stupid. I wonder what the wife's reaction would have been if he had pulled out a gun and pointed it at the two of them, I am really afraid that is what I would have done. Might not have shot them but scared the crap out of them as I forced both of the nude out of the house. I see in your story that turnabout is fair play. Did she realize when setting the scene that Gloria's ending was divorce?

grogers7grogers7about 13 years ago
You go girl !

Revenge, research, and innocent motives presented by a clever wife who obviously had at least two strong motives: her unstated motive to get her clueless husband to quit playing with fire is lovely. She could easily have divorced the knucklehead, but instead she gave him what he wanted congruently with what he did not want. If he can figure out her warning so clearly stated in his terms, he might grow up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
hummmm.....

Well, I thought the original was cute, but a bit of an authors inside joke... and all of the previous posters didn't seem to get the bit with the sheet...

Not the best you have done (but the best you have done is so good that that is not being critical)... but amusing.

Green-something

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

LOL !!!!!! perhaps better than the original, at least for Sandy

arsenelupin66arsenelupin66almost 2 years ago

Blatantly obvious, unoriginal, and insultingly derivative.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wonderful follow-up to the original story !

Really have to wonder about the whiners complaining about a "cheating" story not being funny - this one is hilarious. Are the folks too woke to have a sense of humor?

Mfj

Pjam1968Pjam1968over 1 year ago

Serves him well, lol

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundasson7 months ago

So good. Karma served up lovingly. :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous