All Comments on 'I Didn't Have a Choice'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 236 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Steve is a miserable shit asshole, and I’m a bloke. He doesn’t deserve a decent relationship if all he can think of is sex. What would he have done if due to an accident she couldn’t have sex. What an asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

The magic of these (hopefully fictitious) stories is that you can give thoughts to subjects or scenarios and avoid being paralyzed should (an analogous) situation happen.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Big mistake to take Karin back. Too much anguish and craziness to get over, and despite her saying that her "male friends" were a dildo and a vibrator, she apparently also admitted that she had sex with other men. It seems that was after they were divorced but for her to be having sex after telling hubby that she was done forever with having sex with him, that would have to be a hurdle to overcome. And she let everyone--his kids, his parents, their friends--think that he had just dumped her, when in fact, she had put him in an impossible position. Too much baggage and too many bad feelings to overcome, I think. And his kids? Did they ever apologize or even try to revive a relationship with their father? If my kids treated me like that, I would probably just write off any future relationship with them unless they apologized for their actions and took the burden of repairing things with me. Finally, what was with the "therapist" and why in God's name did he meet with her a second time?

LechemanLecheman4 months ago

My wife hit menopause nearly 8 years ago and unfortunately, could not have sex during that entire time. Being a conservative, her old school approach denied us my other proclivities that she enjoyed pre-menopause.

Yes, we are still together.

We are still deeply in love with each other almost to the point of being in each other's back pockets especially with COVID.

I believe marriages are comprised of the basic three components - love, trust and respect (with two vital sub necessities of communication and compassion).

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

“Steve, we've gone through a rough couple of years," she started as she looked at me. You've changed and so have I. I know we've both been with others …. “

.

Uh….readers were led to believe she didn’t want sex. What made this story less than it could have been was that readers never learned when Karin got her libido back, and then why…if she “loved” Steve so much, she didn’t reach out to him first.

.

3 ***

dustybin63dustybin634 months ago

Decent story but as with all the others of the author I have read, the grammar in many areas is bad and incorrect words are being used eg. shear instead of sheer. this is also true of many of the authors on this site not just this one. I enjoy the stories but grammar errors make me wince. Sorry if these appears harsh but it does get to me.

MyInspirationMyInspiration5 months ago

This rings home a bit much. It's a great story that aches my heart.

JackInYerBoxJackInYerBox6 months ago

The woman clearly didn't respect him, didn't truly love him and didn't trust him. Only a fool would reenter that relationship.

The story, while not ending to my taste, was well written and engaging. 4*s

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Terrible kids! Story didn't really seem to go anywhere.

Sandman87Sandman877 months ago

Their kids suck. Especially Randi. Looks like a good three way.

HighBrowHighBrow9 months ago

You know, some of these stories are so powerful that the endings seem lame. I am still in awe of them, but they aren’t perfect. A weak ending is the hallmark of the amateur. Great work!

AlanDavidAlanDavid12 months ago

I liked it. Good storyline. 5stars⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story. Lot of pathos and complexity but -0.5 star because of the lame muttering by Sue at the end. Leave them alone and let them be happy. Yeesh.

rn2711rn2711about 1 year ago

The story started hood. I could understand the reasons for divorce. A husband doesn't want to start cheating on his wife because of luck of sex.

Then it gone down hill. What happened to "in sickness and in health"? Once they discovered the chemical imbalance he should have supported her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Ageee fully with the Anonymous poster below from 8 months ago with the comment starting with "Wow some of the commenters...". Thr irrational indignation because she got her libido back after divorce and sleeping with other men, is sad for the husband and would certainly be upsetting but she did not understand why he divorced her for some time and he cut her off after the nasty ambush in therapy (that doctor is a bitch). What she did do wrong was not being open to her husband's concerns and fighting to get treatment to solve her libido issues while they were married. And yeah the last comment from Sue was total crap. Wished she would just butt the hell out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Meeh.

The typical going soft on the woman for her faults and letting her get away with really big stuff:she never admited fault or asked for forgivness for unilateral decision making and ignoring her husband's needs......she just went ahoy with her stupid ideeas.

Then she proceeded to fuck around when the primary reason she got served by a loving man was her stupid refusal to understand his PoV too and the whole "no sex" charade,her libido suddenly went up guilt free i see, all this after craping on him and letting the kids have a go at their father with zero clue what was actually about.

She's textbook bitch no matter how feminists or others try to defend such unjust behaviour.

Also i didn't bother making an account just to comment

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

i know it's been 13 years since this was wrote, but the ending would have been so much better, if Karin would have invited Sue to their bed..

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wouldn't get back with her, hormone imbalance or not. It'd be like buying back the 20-year old Camry I got rid of because it was falling apart. Sure, "sickness and in health" and all, but that only applies up to the divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow some of the commenters below are way off. At the restaurant, while thr MC had all the right to be upset, he misunderstood his wife. His wife still did not recognize why he left her. She was hurt and seeking companionship as she was lonely. They were divorced. Yes it stabbed the MC in the back because he had been holding out hope. The problem was not her wanting someone else than him. She wanted his companionship. She said it in the email. The problem was she had a bad hormonal imbalance and fell out if lust with him not fell out of love. By the time of the restaurant she was already getting some hormonal treatment. This is important because though still not optimized (took five doctors remember?), she by then had started to get some libido back. So look at it from her perspective, she doesn't understand why her husband left her, she still hurts from that, she is lonely and wants companionship (she talked a lot about waking up with someone and them in the email w a noting that to be her ex and begged him to not cut her out of his life), and she now had some returning libido. If you think she didn't desire her husband then, with the desire and libido increasing throughout the story then what the heck were you reading? The problem is that she did not understand why her husband left. And only started to after the disastrous therapy ambush and the tough email to her and the kids. She wanted to talk to him both after the restaurant and the email, but he cut her out for many months. It is his prerogative. But then being upset that she has slept with other people as she gets therapy and HRT, whole divorced and while he is banging away is, while not unexpected due to him still loving her, is however irrational. I would like wager heavily that he had slept.with way more women, gotten closer intimately (Rose), and had many more sexual episodes than Karin. She was devoting some of her time to.her kids and to therapy and HRT and practicing either Marcus and Andy. Yes she slept with other men but I also doubt she got as close to a long term serious relationship as thr MC and Rose, nor had as many encounters. So if they want a life together, they both need to move on from the 6+8 months nafter separating. Really the 8 months or so was after the restaurant. And they did though rocky due to her continued menopause struggles. There is no vrao about her taking him nor granted emotionally. There is no female empowerment conspiracy. She did not see a problem during marriage, did not work to fix it, was not empathic to her husband's needs and took months after the divorce to understand why he divorced her. My only gripe is the last crap with Sue. That was stupid. The MC and (the new) Karin belong together. Full stop.

BigDee44BigDee44over 1 year ago

Add earlier infidelity and later fronto-temporal dementia to this! Make hubby (me) more meek and less self assured and you get —— 17 years and counting, and counting, and counting - and you get the ending of my functionality. This story seems totally plausible to me. I really wish we had do-overs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Karin is typically of many women in long marriages. They just reach the point where they make a unilateral decision that they're done with having sex with their husband. The husband is just expected to live with her decision of living in a sexless marriage and to continue take care of her while expecting nothing in return for his labor, devotion or loyalty. I don't consider Karin stupid or naive about her decision. I think she knew exactly what she was doing and she expected Steve to just go along and get with the plan. A woman's, needs and wants always trump a mans needs and wants as far as women are concerned.

According to numerous studies, Sex is an intricate part of establishing and maintaining a bond between couples increasing their long-term relationship satisfaction. Oxytocin is a hormone produced in the hypothalamus, which opens the floodgates when you have sex. That rush of oxytocin is involved in the physical part of sex. It can also boost emotions like love, affection, and euphoria. It well deserves its reputation as the love hormone. Attachment is driven by oxytocin and vasopressin. That’s what sets the stage for bonding and long-term relationships.

If enjoyable sex stops completely in a marriage or primary relationship, usually only one of the partners is okay with the abstinence factor. In this story it was Karin the wife who made the decision of no more sex in the marriage. Sexual abstinence is rarely a mutually-approved change in the relationship. It can also cause ongoing friction in a relationship, and leave people feeling hopeless or physically and emotionally abandoned. Typically the person not interested in sex is the one who avoids the difficult discussions. No sex in a marriage or relationship equates to no loving pleasure, no emotional warmth and a relationship starved of affection. Basically, a sexless marriage eventually transforms into a loveless marriage. The question is why would anyone want to live in such a relationship?

Steve just refused to play Karin's game and said NO and divorced Karin as there was no way he was going to live in a sexless and loveless marriage. As Steve found out, Karin's issue with having sex was related to Steve and not other men. Karin knew if she expected to attract other men into her life she then she had to be willing to have sex with them at least until she could hook them into a commitment of marriage. For Karin sex became about power and control in the relationship and not about fostering love and intimacy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"Steve, I'm in counseling and trying to handle a few issues. I know I don't have the right to ask you this, but would you consider coming to a session or two. My councilor thinks it would help her understand..."

You got the counselling right, but the professional is a counsellor. A councilor is a person who sits on a (town, village, etc.) council.

By the way referring to her aroma as "musty" is really gross. You may have meant "musky."

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting story. I feel Karin is criticized heavily for a tough situation where she really did not understand Steve's motives for divorce. Hence I don't think she realized how hurtful her comment was at the restaurant, as evidenced by her email. After the ambush by June, his email to her and the kids seemed to finally open her eyes. Too bad it took so long but clearly her menopause was really bad. The worst thing is the three kids. Maybe I can understand their behavior when not knowing the reasons. But the craven behavior of going through the psychiatrist is just beyond. Even Karin seemed upset by their behavior over time. I thought the ending part at the restaurant and then in the apartment was contrived. He could have easily camped out on her porch for a couple of days to force a discussion. Instead there is crazy melodrama. Also the last line from Sue was so repulsive that it almost dropped the story by one star on its own. But I think the author created a well crafted story that show lee a reconciliation that was inevitable and fated to be. The MC will not cheat on Karin no matter what Sue tries and I presume they will soon remarry now that his wife is much better in terms of her physical and emotional health. My only other criticism is that the husband too often seemed to not want to communicate anything at critical junctures (sometimes also Karin). A simple choice of some words here or there or pushing for real dialog might have saved them a lot of pain. There are other authors on this site that taking the same material would have nailed those critical dialog elements including a full closure much better (e.g. BlackRandi, Q1H1m1, Ohio, etc.). Still 5 starts for creativity.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Oh and the last line from Sue was just poppycock and of no value. The RAAC was not just possible but l meant to be

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Contrary to many of commenters I think the author did an excellent job. There is some double standard going on, that after the divorce was finalized, Karin is not allowed to think about sleeping with another man. In the restaurant, by that time she is already on medications and hormones. Her husband has fully divorced for reasons she still doesn't at the time understand and that bothered her greatly. She didn't get epiphanies on why until the counseling sessions and his letter to his kids. At the restaurant she hinted that her suitor(s) want to take her to bed and she liked the idea of being held in the arms of a man. Depending on the progress with her meds, ee don't know how much of that was a need for companionship having been left by her husband of many years or how much of it was actually sexual desire which shows up about a year or so later with the MC in spades. The husband saw it as a betrayal and there is some.merit to his feelings. But they were divorced. And she was alone and her body was changing. And she did state verbally and in email that she wished it was him lying there. There were some blowups at the counseling, but he was deeply offended that she was dating anyone. The Marcus and Andy part drove him nearly berserk but eventually he learned what they were. The mixup with Sue at the end added drama. It showed the husband she was willing to fight to get him back. Even then her mood swings has to be addressed by a fifth doctor's medication tweaking. It is not an easy problem to solve for some people. She has severe menopause making her basically asexual. She still had sex with her husband at times to please him with no regard to her own issues. With counseling she came to know she had problems and was suggested to explore her new sexuality. It had to be other people since her husband was so upset after the counseling sessions with June. She certainly didn't have as many notches on her bedpost than the MC post divorce. I am not saying the wife is blameless. Nor blaming the husband for being impatient. He has a right to happiness as well. But the divorce and even its finalization was surreal to Karin. I know many will point to the early restaurant scenes but she has made it clear that she was dating, had not yet had sex, had suitor(s) that wanted to take her to bed, and that while it was hinted that she planned to act on those, it just as easily could have been a combination of both her seeking companionship and the new changes in her body chemistry with all the meds; though she made it clear she wishes it was her ex husband that she really wanted to be with. In this way I think a lot of the other family members made things much worse as it caused the MC to retract and not communicate in earnest. So yes he has a right to feel that he was betrayed but I don't think it really holds up when analytically reviewing the facts that of her condition and state of mind post divorce. And just the talk/session set him up on bingeing sex for a while. So I think her request to put "the others" in the past was quite reasonable. I think the author handled a really difficult story to tell. 5 stars.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesalmost 2 years ago

Great story. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This writer always screw up the endings. There shouldn't have been a reconciliation between them after what the bitch kept doing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The ending was poor. And what about the fact that she could have sex with others but not with her husband? Nothing resolved

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

“ I know we've both been with others and do you think we can handle that fact without throwing it up in one another's face if we get into an argument down the road? “

.

So the woman who never wanted to have sex again was fucking other guys not long after the divorce?

.

Both of them were at fault. She for not bothering to try to figure out why she had turned into an iceberg, and he for not truly loving her enough to stay with her “for better or worse”.

.

That said, I think he would have been better off with Sue…Karin was a nutcase.

.

3 ***

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I’m probably simplifying this story but basically a wife goes through the menopause like every other woman in the world an instead of being supportive u divorce her……,, wow hope the husband never finds himself impotent for his own sake as the solution is to leave on his own

xhristianjxhristianjabout 2 years ago

For fucks sake seriously does every fucking character you write suck ass this badly? I mean come on it's like every cheating skank irrespective of whatever their justification because of course they all have a justification your cuckold wimpy husband's all just suck it up!

Rocky62Rocky62about 2 years ago

Wheres the threesome?? Woulda been hot hot hot

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

ouch closer to home than i would like but at 60 the options are fewer

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

Loved the story, but in the end it kind of came to a finish yet it didn't. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

As I read this story, I felt it hit home more than a few times. My wife and I went thru quite a bit of what was described in the story, however we never did split, used lube to make having sex more comfortable (for both of us). The hot flashes happened more often than I liked, and longer as well (more like 10 years worth). We had 2 kids together (almost college aged), and menopause started at around 40 for her.She was stubborn and didn't get the "drug treatment" either, so it was a mixed bag of emotions. Now 15-20 years later, things have settled out, and we're happy together, and having sex on a semi-regular basis (more than 3 times a week), and at the same time, there's something to be said for having a good night's sleep. ;-) After 40 years together, we've learned quite a bit together, from living together, to raising kids together, to her going thru menopause together, and me suffering a widow maker heart attack together, and coming out the other side still together.

However, if you read enough of the stories in this section, you begin to wonder how many of the cheating wives were on HRT, and then cheated on their husbands, trying to get their "needs met" (seems like quite a few of them did).

All of that said, I liked the story, as it seemed to have some realism, and possibilities in the real world. While some complained that Steve might have been a wimp, or an asshole for staying as long as he did, some guys just aren't quitters, and are willing to do things others aren't willing to do. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

While it seems like Karin thinks she has her hormones under control, everything she did just proved that she was even more out of control. Why would he ever consider going back to Karin? It makes no sense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He showed more patience before filing than I would’ve. However, once the problem was being settled with meds bec of her chemical issue, I’d like to believe that I’d try again. In response to those that said she had sex after the divorce, well so did he! She’s free to do that afterwards, however I’d probably want to know why she had it when she didn’t want it with me. Was it right after or when the meds started doing their job. THAT’S the key. Well written with the turns in the story to keep one guessing.

However, perhaps a bit of condensing without loosing anything + writing what happened after would’ve been nice to complete the story. Why do so many writers on this site feel they don’t have a complete a story??

Omegaman56Omegaman56over 2 years ago

Got me in that one I thought it was going to turn Karin bi. And Beth was her lover.

But she would have been jealous to share steve with Beth. Not the other way around

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Steve had a heck of a lot more patience than I do. I don’t know that I would have lasted as long as he did before filing for divorce, but once I filed it would have been Game Over. And no going back. And I’d be damned if I let her or anyone else drag my name through the mud and throw all the blame on me. Whether I had to buy a full page ad in the newspaper or file libel suits against everybody in town. But I guess since it’s just fiction it’s really no big deal, huh?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

She slept with other men after the divorce...GAME OVER.

Wolf_Man_1962Wolf_Man_1962over 2 years ago

Hmm...she was have hormonal problems so it was all his fault for the divorce? Yeah that is the sterotype alive and well in todays world. Not sure why Steve took her back, she didn't lovw him enough to get help before their divorce but after he's supposed to drop everything and take her back? Yeah he should have chosen Sue and to hell with everyone else. Women are not victims they are people who make choices and not all are good. Seems if a man cheats on his wife he's a douche bag, but if a woman cheats on her husband everybody wants to know what he did to cause it. The truth is she's a douche bag for cheating. Ok rant over glad this is all make believe

NitpicNitpicalmost 3 years ago
Wrong

Wrong decision,he shouldn't have gone back to her.Despite her menopause she still managed to have sex with several men after the divorce, that should have made his mind up.

numbnutz49numbnutz49almost 3 years ago

He chose the wrong woman! Still a good story but it seemed the ex-wife actions were attempts to take control of him again rather than to show how much she truly loved him. Maybe time for an alternate ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

So what the heck happened with his kids. Definitely some unresolved issues here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It implies that he asked her to get help never never tried anything till after the divorce. If he had ed and never got help I'd say the same thing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

wow so his wife has a medical condition an he divorces her he didnt deserve getting her back and by the sounds of it they are living nxt door to his ex gf who wants him so looks like karins got a great future [sarcasm] of waiting til her husband cheats which he will nxt time he argues with his wife it shows hes not willing to work at a marriage karin can do so much better someone who would work through things with her not abandon her she was a perfect wife with a medical condition im 43 love sex but if my bf of 19 years had a medical problem and couldnt have sex i would not leave him we would talk and be close other ways and introduce more toys etc karin has got the most shitty husband ever and it wont be long til hes cheating and then breaking karins heart after everything shes been through

timrivtimrivabout 3 years ago

What’s the difference between a wife not able to enjoy sex due to menopause which is a medical condition and a man having erectile dis-function. Cheating or divorcing the other because of this is wrong period.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
?

Any English spoken and written here?

MeredithXMeredithXabout 3 years ago

What exactly does Wolf Vixen do? ‘Cause this story is riddled with errors.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Classic tail of the old...."I not not interested in having sex any more......well, sex with you that is.

Karin better get her shit together and quit being such a cunt because her much younger replacement is living right next door ready to take Stephen over when he gets tired of Karin's dramatic shit. Second chances are only good for so long if you can't cut the mustard and live up to the expectations as a relationship partner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hummmmm.

After taken her back .he deserves anything she does to him.ive heard of stupid,but,he takes the top honar.she didn't wont sex with him but she didn't have any problems spreading it around after he walked out.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Wife gave him the ultimate DISRESPECT by screwing other men after denying hubby for years!!!

Rocketmann22Rocketmann22over 3 years ago
I have something to say

She had a problem that affected both of them and refused to do her part to fix the problem. He was a honorable person and was up front about the problem they were having.

He is in love with her and would’ve stayed by her side if she had just told him the truth the total truth.

Menopause effects scare some people like Cancer, they don’t tell the truth so the other person may get the wrong idea. When the real truth comes out then the true person appears and everybody finally get to see. Even the one that was keeping secrets that’s not fair to the one the secrets are being kept from.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Really?

So many comments about the wife should be allowed to go out and sleep with other guys if she wants.

Yep there's nothing wrong with that .......they were divorced afterall..........except for the fact that SHE WOULDNT SLEEP WITH HIM WHEN THEY WERE MARRIED.......YET HAD NO TROUBLE SLEEPING WHITH OTHER GUYS AFTER THE DIVORCE!.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Why SHOULDN'T Karin go out? Her husband divorced her. She has NO obligation what so ever to him. A lot of you are big talkers about vows but HE didn't want to honor sickness and in health. Now, I am not saying sex is unimportant. It is but Karin's feelings are not terribly uncommon. Some women lose all interest in sex with their husbands. It happens and usually it gets better after a time. Sometimes counseling is needed to help introduce intimacy. Sorry boys but the husband here abandoned the marriage. His own words. I don't blame everyone for ghosting him. He is most definitely an ASSHOLE.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Would have been 5 Star BUT

But you screwed the reader with the too brief ending; he finished with both? Come on, HOW.

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 3 years ago

i was thinking he had evidence she was cheating or something and thats why he divorced her but sadly they made up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hot garbage

This was just pointless.....

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago
This was gay as fuck Slirp.

You have more than one of these that need fixed.

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Wrong

Wrong ending,once she had sex with someone else he should have stayed away from her.If she wanted sex when her hormones were sorted,why did she not ring him?.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Wish

I really wish my frigid bitch wife would have got medicated and cured. Too bad for me...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I can’t believe the number of low intelligence commenters!

These low IQ commenters state that Steve should have gone without sex because menopause resulted in her vagina being painful during sex. Well guess what, menopause has no effect on her giving blowjobs and anal sex! Karen actually didn’t want to be intimate with her husband! That was her problem. There are some men who don’t care for sex but Steve believed it was a norm for a good marriage like most men believe. These dumb commenters include FanFare and dahlingdoll but there are several others.

imhaplessimhaplessover 4 years ago
Cute and entertaining

5*

lbentonlbentonover 4 years ago
great story

me and my wife had almost broke up over menopause too. I love her and managed to make it threw but she never cut me off completely until lately. it has been several years later. ok almost twenty...

Your story affirmed my theory that there is only one special person for each of us.

I loved your story and mostly your ending.

thank you

lee

jimjam69jimjam69over 4 years ago
Good story

You would think people could get thru these issues without all the craziness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
No way in hell

if I had an ex who wanted me back and we had split because she refused to have sex there is no way in hell I would take her back if she had sex with anyone while we were apart

She knows how important sex is and chooses to hurt me by having it with others while refusing me I would never even talk to her again

GrimmerGrimmerover 4 years ago
Reread

Decent tale.

Always wondered whether he ended up with Sue or Karin.

Now Randy ... that girl has some issues.

GrimmerGrimmerover 4 years ago
To Anon 10-25

Not always true.

Know a couple that fall into that category - including an ex.

jimjam69jimjam69over 4 years ago
Good story

It's not true, he did have a choice. He just wanted easy choices.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
No way in hell

If Karin wanted me back she shouldnt have fucked any other men

She refused to have sex with her husband to the point he left, if she really wanted him back why fuck other men once she drove him out?

Far as Im concerned she cheated and he is a cuck for taking her whoring ass back

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Issa no from me

The dip in sex drive is temporary. After a while it would've gone back up, which would've led to wilder sex without the risk of pregnancy. If he would've stopped thinking with his dick for two seconds, he would've realized that. Karin should've gotten another man and left Steve to rot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
4 Stars

I liked it but it had a few holes .. But I would have given up after 1 year without sex .. But that is just Me ..

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
so at 44 he's cut off

and alot of you still think he's an asshole. WOW, another slirpuff no matter what the wife does stories. This bitch went spastic and he's the bad guy. Truth be told fuck his mom, Randy and her siblings. Some how slirpuff once again makes the husband the bad guy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Comm

You have to communicate!! Divorce is too easy, when things get hard or get lost in lifes things, people just quit, give up because it seems easier than fighting to save what was there! If feelings are truly gone and you’ll know it’s best to separate as civil as possible and keep some kind of peace!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Don't Measure How Good A Story Is By Favorable Comments

No, I would measure the worth of my stories by the NUMBER of comments, both positive and negative. That shows you reached people. Ten people can read the same story and have ten different views. Don't put too much value in any one comment...unless it is mine. Just kidding. Excellent story. Worthy of five stars. A few grammatical errors, but nothing I can't live with. Even if it didn't quite make my Favorites List, it was good enough to make me want to read more of your stories...and that is good, right? Nancy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Err, no.

She refused to get treatment, and it took him leaving her for her to get her head out of her ass to get treatment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Er

Marriage is about in sickness and in health and she was having health issues. If, that is if, he had waited for her to get to the bottom of it she would have resumed sex at that time. As he had left her by then she had sex with other persons when divorced. The only thing I would have done if I were her is to say "Up Yours, you did not wait for me to get better”.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wrong

Wrong choice,he should have taken up with Sue.Karen didn't want sex with him but had no trouble having sex with someone else,that alone was

s reason enough not to go back to her,let alone the snotty kids.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Stir the Pot

Boy, you can still piss them off! But, then again that just might be the point. For that if nothing else, good job. Signed: BTW

BadHusbandMikeBadHusbandMikeabout 5 years ago
subtleties

If readers remember what they read it all makes sense. The double standards of hubby are the only part that throws me. He was fucking others after the divorce. She got her chemical imbalance rectified after the divorce and was dating. Nobody was in a exclusive relationship until the end. Thank you Slirpuff.

meganann10meganann10about 5 years ago

I agree with a lot of other comments. Karin didn't want anymore sex with Steve when they were married but didn't have any problem screwing her dates when they were divorced, that would have been a deal breaker. The first 2 pages were good then the story went downhill made Steve look like a wimp when he went back Steve started out doing the right thing no man should go sexless in their forties in a marriage. But in the end he wussed out

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Right

He got it right when he walked out on her.She had no trouble having sex with other men so why did the silly Fool go back to her ,especially as he could have got involved with Sue?.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thought it was great...

for the first half of the story but it deteriorated as it progressed! Having made his position clear with his unfeeling kids he then crumbles and gets together with his Ex.She has already moved on and has had sex with others, inspite of the fact that a complete lock down on sex for over a year, lead to her divorce. Now finally she has had medical treatment and is able to have sex with her dates! - and the stupid husband takes her back?!! 4* for the writing but1* for the plot!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Why?

Why go back to a wife who didnt give a shit enough about you to go to a doctor, but had no problem doing so to fuck her dates after the divorce?

She was done with sex right? SO much so that she didnt care if she got divorced, so why would she start having sex with radnos she had no emotional involvement in?

Mauser45Mauser45over 5 years ago
Spiteful wife, horrible kids

He should have cut his losses years ago, but never found the guts to do so. RAAC? Typical Slirpuff

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Karin is a looney wife and Steves needs to get away from her.

King_WillieKing_Willieover 5 years ago
I wanted to hear about the kids.

How did it turn out with those motherf***ers?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Dont

Don't understand how a woman can not want sex with her husband because of the menopause,but can have sex with other men.The menopause either kills the desire or doesn't,it doesn't choose sex partners for women.

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
NO SEX....NO WIFE,,,,,NO HOUSE,,,,NO FAMILY.....NUMEROUS TRYSTS

and then,,,,and then,,,,a cure for menopause,,,,,TK U MLJ LV NV

notredame43notredame43almost 6 years ago
fuck buddies maybe but taking her back oooh hell no

after her bs, the kids and their shit along with her parents and his,NOPE. When one door closes you weld that fucker shut with stuff like this. nope FB only for her. enough was more than enough medical issues or not he tried, she left him hang. sorry sp 1 star. decent fleshing out of the characters though

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Don't agree

I don't agree with the reason he left Karinbut having left and got on with his life he should not have got back together.S he wouldn't have sex with him but she had no trouble having sex with other men.A s for sorting her medication out she could have done that whilst they were married.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Thank you

Its a story that never gets told. Women have been getting away with denying and controlling the sex and are surprised when a man decides his happiness counts too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Don't rely on spell-check and auto-correct

Or maybe you don't know the difference between sheer & shear, they're, their and there; et cetera.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
So if I understand this

she didn't want sex with him but had numerous sex partners after they divorced. Sure he did too but he wanted her first and only went to others after she turned him down and turned into a hellion. She threw him under the bus with the kids, or at least didn't pull him out from in front of the bus. Then she went psycho jealous bitch on him and refused to listen when she found him having dinner with a woman. Then she played junior high make him jealous games. And he wants her back why?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Two

Just a story of two stubborn arseholes and really does't need publishing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
confused

This story is confused and barely cohesive. Totally unexpected from this author. The ending looks particularly rushed... editorially and contextually.

johnadpjohnadpover 6 years ago
Karin Should Have Moved On From An Ass Like Steve

If the genders were reversed the assholes (I mean some commentators) on this site would have said what a wimp for taking her back. The woman was sick. Chemically imbalanced. After 22 years he should have cared enough to do research on his own and learned more about menopause and not simply asked her to give him a little lowdown on it. But he didn't care enough about her even though he professed to love her so much. Even after the psychologist gets involved and tells him what's going on with her he says he doesn't know if he is willing to put up with it. He didn't want to be there for the woman who he says was the perfect wife and mother except for the sex drive which she lost because of essentially her illness.

How many men on this site would have called Karin a bitch if she gave up on him and divorced him if he was having impotence problems because of some illness? Or his sex drive went away because at work he hurt his back so badly he couldn't perform. Or what about if he was depressed and lost his sex drive. She would have been a bitch right for not standing by him after 22 years of marriage.

If this was a "Loving Husband" BTDick story then Karin would have had that wonderful sex with him that night back at the Bed and Breakfast and when he begged her to take him back she would have said sorry that was our last night together because I've met a wonderful rich and handsome man I'm marrying. I just wanted you to know what you lost because you didn't stick it out with me and weren't there for me in "sickness and in health".

silentsoundsilentsoundover 6 years ago
Didn't like this one

Well written but Karen was an unsympathetic stupid cunt bitch.

She broke up her marriage by not having sex and not pursuing getting better then wants to start dating her ex but starts fucking other men???!!! Even though she broke her marriage by refusing her husband???!!!??

Hell no @Slirpuff

Hell no.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous